AKPEYI IS BACK!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Re: AKPEYI IS BACK!

Post by john12 »

Bp, agbim holds that title
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:I repeat, Akpeyi was not our problem against South Africa. We need to worry about our strikers.
Unku, Akpeyi was a problem and a liability.

He lacks confidence.

He inspires ZERO confidence in his back four or for the matter his team.

He has no command of his area nor his defenders.

He does not read the game.

He has little or no football IQ, evident with his decision not to foul a player outside the area... his lack of understanding of the situation at a critical time is enough to have him banished.

Lastly, he is neither a shot stopper nor a goal keeper. He is just there...

Our great grand uncle, your post seems based on "I did not watch the match" but here is my players rating. How do you know he inspires no confidence in his defenders? Did you talk to any of the defenders? How are you sure the defenders inspire confidence in him. The South African players were dicing and slicing our midfield like they were 11 peles and here we are talking about a goalkeeper inspiring confidence. If owngoal is to be believed this time, Rohr is right in focusing on finding a credible striker. You cannot defend well consistently if you are constantly under pressure because every time you have the ball upfront you are turning it back to the opponent. I have played this game at the highest level (the bay Area co-ed league) and I will tell you that no goalkeeper will be successful being under constant pressure for 90 minutes. Eventually, you are going to let in a goal or 2 no matter how much confidence you inspire in a weak back four. Just ask Vincent Enyeama how he held up against Argentina after being bombarded constantly because our defense could not prevent Di Maria and Messi from terrorizing us.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

you this 1naija you get audacity for that your big mouth to claim you played the game at a very high level :lol: you are a joke...if you did, then i played in the worldcup u17 :roll:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

john12 wrote:Bp, agbim holds that title
At lest Agbim could block shots with his pot belly!!!
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

1naija wrote:
Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:I repeat, Akpeyi was not our problem against South Africa. We need to worry about our strikers.

He lacks confidence.

He has little or no football IQ, evident with his decision not to foul a player outside the area... his lack of understanding of the situation at a critical time is enough to have him banished.

Our great grand uncle, your post seems based on "I did not watch the match" but here is my players rating. How do you know he inspires no confidence in his defenders? Did you talk to any of the defenders? How are you sure the defenders inspire confidence in him. The South African players were dicing and slicing our midfield like they were 11 peles and here we are talking about a goalkeeper inspiring confidence. If owngoal is to be believed this time, Rohr is right in focusing on finding a credible striker. You cannot defend well consistently if you are constantly under pressure because every time you have the ball upfront you are turning it back to the opponent. I have played this game at the highest level (the bay Area co-ed league) and I will tell you that no goalkeeper will be successful being under constant pressure for 90 minutes. Eventually, you are going to let in a goal or 2 no matter how much confidence you inspire in a weak back four. Just ask Vincent Enyeama how he held up against Argentina after being bombarded constantly because our defense could not prevent Di Maria and Messi from terrorizing us.
:lol: :lol:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Kako wrote:
1naija wrote:
Cellular wrote:

He lacks confidence.

:lol: :lol:
you dey mind the guy, dey follow shewens tap soccer
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Bigpokey24 wrote:you this 1naija you get audacity for that your big mouth to claim you played the game at a very high level :lol: you are a joke...if you did, then i played in the worldcup u17 :roll:

This old man, Were you ever 17? I think you started at 37.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Cellular wrote:

He lacks confidence.

Na wah. Does Akpeyi have any skills at all? I would think his invitation to the national team is because he's atleast good enough at his best. No?
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

felarey wrote:
Cellular wrote:

He lacks confidence.

Na wah. Does Akpeyi have any skills at all? I would think his invitation to the national team is because he's atleast good enough at his best. No?
No!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Mr Shows wrote:
felarey wrote:
Cellular wrote:

He lacks confidence.

No!
:lol: Well Enrico has been working with Ezenwa and Daniel (I think). Maybe one of those 2 will be good enough.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Akpeyi needs a shrink
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Felarey,

Media reports actually indicate that Dele Ajiboye has been the top GK in camp but with Ezenwa as captain one wonders if he will get to start. In any case, some reports indicate that the new GK Coach has recommended that Ajiboye join the full SE ca,p for Cameroon preparation. We shall see if all of that is true or not.
felarey wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
felarey wrote:
Cellular wrote:

He lacks confidence.

No!
:lol: Well Enrico has been working with Ezenwa and Daniel (I think). Maybe one of those 2 will be good enough.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Meanwhile transfermkt is showing Ejide joined Hapoel Hadera (Israel Div 2) in May this year only to be released again couple of months later. I was really hoping he would resurrect his career from that move. Hopefully the release wasn't performance related.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Enugu II wrote:Felarey,

Media reports actually indicate that Dele Ajiboye has been the top GK in camp but with Ezenwa as captain one wonders if he will get to start. In any case, some reports indicate that the new GK Coach has recommended that Ajiboye join the full SE ca,p for Cameroon preparation. We shall see if all of that is true or not.
felarey wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
felarey wrote:
Cellular wrote:

He lacks confidence.

No!
Wow, what a story it will be if Ajiboye gets the nod.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Cellular wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cellular wrote:

He lacks confidence.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Unku Celly don kill persin o!
Chief, no laff o.

Even his team mates dey fear gee am back pass...
:P
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Funny thing is that folks seem to think that people are just hating on Akpeyi. He is capable of improving. Rohr thought same and saw that bobo no be am at all at all...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

Oga Cellular, you wicked o... :-)
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cellular wrote:

He lacks confidence.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Unku Celly don kill persin o!
Chief, no laff o.

Even his team mates dey fear gee am back pass...

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Chriskendo43
Egg
Egg

Post by Chriskendo43 »

That guy na basket
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Akpereyi has no business in the Eagles camp. Rohr knows our best three goalkeepers are:

(1) Francis Uzoho
(2) Dele Ajiboye
(3) Dele Alampasu

I personally do not see Vince Enyeama coming back. Sadly, Carl Iheme will not be for either. I wonder if Dele Aiyenugba will be invited to compete for a shirt.

Akpere-yi and Ezenwa should be trained for the future. This level of competition is way above them at the moment.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Flex Swift wrote:
john12 wrote:Bp, agbim holds that title
At lest Agbim could block shots with his pot belly!!!
Facts
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Cellular wrote:

He lacks confidence.

Damn. This was so on point. :agree:
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

1naija wrote:
Cellular wrote:

He lacks confidence.

1naija, after rewatching todays friendly, i think you owe Cellular an apology.
His analysis was spot on. Akpeyi's international career is over.

Lets just move on
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it