Which African Nations Have Ever Beaten England or the UK?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Which African Nations Have Ever Beaten England or the UK

Post by john12 »

An African team has never beaten England. However, we haven't played England many times and the few times an African team has played England was at emblem stadium. The match ended at a stalemate or lost. I'd like to see England face one of these African nations at our home ground. Afterwards, we can make a fair conclusion
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

folem wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
airwolex wrote:An African team has never beaten England because despite all the noise we make here they are a pretty decent and consistent team. If they were in Africa they would have won the AFCON 10 times.
No argument from me on that one. England effortlessly took Egypt apart 3-1 in Wembley just after Egypt had laid waste to Africa to win their 7th AFCON, crushing Cameroon, Nigeria and CIV on the way there.

The African game is fundamentally weak, or weak on fundamentals. That has gotta change, or we just have to be content with 1st and 2nd round exits at the WC.
What rounds do England make their exit at WC?
England although mediocre at major tournaments have on average done just as good as Africa's best (quarterfinals/round of 16) but have done it more often and even reached the Semifinals after beating Cameroon in 90,I know there's hope for Africa if we can get it together as England are not as good as they believe they are but seem to punch above their weight more often than African teams!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Odas wrote:As always, what the thread poster (starter) said or wanted is different from what many people answered or provided in response. I see why people FAIL exams. Even after being given "proper" instructions, people still went "out of point" in their answers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The question was wrong from the very start "England or the Uk" no clear specification was made for a clear answer as there is no uk football team (GB Olympic team would be precise),so the question should had been on African teams beating England or/and any other Uk national team,you see no exam board in an organised part of the world would put out such a question as the answers would vary way too much right or wrong!
Are you sure that there has never been a UK team?

It's OK to misunderstand a question.
Are you the type that argued with examiners when you failed their questions?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Kabalega wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Odas wrote:As always, what the thread poster (starter) said or wanted is different from what many people answered or provided in response. I see why people FAIL exams. Even after being given "proper" instructions, people still went "out of point" in their answers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The question was wrong from the very start "England or the Uk" no clear specification was made for a clear answer as there is no uk football team (GB Olympic team would be precise),so the question should had been on African teams beating England or/and any other Uk national team,you see no exam board in an organised part of the world would put out such a question as the answers would vary way too much right or wrong!
For someone that comes across a self proclaimed professor you are not sure if there was ever a Uk team, ok.I never have problems when making mistakes that's how we (I) grow but a lot of us (Africans) are too proud to be seen as normal mortals (especially between ourselves as most believe anything outside of their own),there was never an official UK nation team (you failed to question that live with it) and that's why the title was wrong!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
For someone that comes across a self proclaimed professor you are not sure if there was ever a Uk team, ok.I never have problems when making mistakes that's how we (I) grow but a lot of us (Africans) are too proud to be seen as normal mortals (especially between ourselves as most believe anything outside of their own),there was never an official UK nation team (you failed to question that live with it) and that's why the title was wrong!
Where did you get that idea from?
I know for a fact that there was a UK team!
But keep digging... :)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Kabalega wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
It was never an official (see above in bold) team 3 exhibitions as UK (like Catalonia and Basq country games) it couldn't play in any FIfa competitions and has never played an African nation even team GB only recently featured in the London Olympics as hosts and way back before the British home nations joined FIFA they stopped entering GB teams for the Summer Olympics in 1972,the first ever international national football match was played between England and Scotland and no British team out of England,Scotland, Ireland (note they where separate from the very beginning) and Wales wanted to join FIFA originally!
Distinguish the difference between Uk and GB Olympic teams and understand non of these two teams could ever play in a World Cup or continental competition.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
It was never an official (see above in bold) team 3 exhibitions as UK (like Catalonia and Basq country games) it couldn't play in any FIfa competitions and has never played an African nation even team GB only recently featured in the London Olympics as hosts and way back before the British home nations joined FIFA they stopped entering GB teams for the Summer Olympics in 1972,the first ever international national football match was played between England and Scotland and no British team out of England,Scotland, Ireland (note they where separate from the very beginning) and Wales wanted to join FIFA originally!
Distinguish the difference between Uk and GB Olympic teams and understand non of these two teams could ever play in a World Cup or continental competition.
Everybody knows that UK and GB members cannot compete in the Olympics separately.
We also know their IFAB arrangement and FIFA situation.
It also does not take Einstein to realize the UK & GB members hesitate to field teams for the Olympics because they fear losing their current arrangement with IFAB and FIFA.

The question was very simple and clear.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Kabalega wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Everybody knows that UK and GB members cannot compete in the Olympics separately.
It also does not take Einstein to realize the UK & GB members hesitate to field teams for the Olympics because they fear losing their current arrangement with IFAB and FIFA.

Again go back to the title,I wasn't asking you if or what you knew I was answering what I was asked : There was no way a team called the UK has played an African team accept this and move on pride goes before a fall!
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Kabalega wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_B ... tball_team
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

http://www.rsssf.com/tableso/oeg-engtour56.html

On 26th of September, 1956, The United Kingdom Olympic team lost to a barefoot African team by 2 goals to 1.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

folem wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
airwolex wrote:An African team has never beaten England because despite all the noise we make here they are a pretty decent and consistent team. If they were in Africa they would have won the AFCON 10 times.
No argument from me on that one. England effortlessly took Egypt apart 3-1 in Wembley just after Egypt had laid waste to Africa to win their 7th AFCON, crushing Cameroon, Nigeria and CIV on the way there.

The African game is fundamentally weak, or weak on fundamentals. That has gotta change, or we just have to be content with 1st and 2nd round exits at the WC.
What rounds do England make their exit at WC?
Are you seriously going to compare England's WC record to Africa's? :lol: :lol: :lol:

England alone has more WC wins than all African countries combined.

Wha choo looking at?!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote: The question was wrong from the very start "England or the Uk" no clear specification was made for a clear answer as there is no uk football team (GB Olympic team would be precise),so the question should had been on African teams beating England or/and any other Uk national team,you see no exam board in an organised part of the world would put out such a question as the answers would vary way too much right or wrong!

Again go back to the title,I wasn't asking you if or what you knew I was answering what I was asked : There was no way a team called the UK has played an African team accept this and move on pride goes before a fall!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You're something else.

The UK Olympic team played an African team
Look in the mirror my friend. Look in the mirror. :taunt:
Source

Matthew 7:3
Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but fail to notice the beam in your own eye?

Matthew 7:4
How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' while there is still a beam in your own eye?

Luke 6:41
Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but fail to notice the beam in your own eye?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

:rotf: Kabalega, Only in Uganda are such results deemed official the amateur FA in the Uk couldn't even find such a result in its scrap book,the rsssf is excellent for digging out forgotten miscellaneous results but that's a great find,Kabalega!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Eaglezbeak wrote::rotf: Kabalega, Only in Uganda are such results deemed official the amateur FA in the Uk couldn't even find such a result in its scrap book,the rsssf is excellent for digging out forgotten miscellaneous results but that's a great find,Kabalega!
26 September 1956 - Great Britain 1 Uganda 2 [1-0], Lynn Road, Ilford

The barefooted African tourists caused a huge shock by defeating the England amateur team on their own patch. England took the lead in the first minute, but they were afraid to tackle their opponents on a dry pitch, ideally suited to the Ugandans, who would be affiliated to FIFA, three years later.
:thumbs: :thumbs:
Source
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Kabalega wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote::rotf: Kabalega, Only in Uganda are such results deemed official the amateur FA in the Uk couldn't even find such a result in its scrap book,the rsssf is excellent for digging out forgotten miscellaneous results but that's a great find,Kabalega!

The barefooted African tourists caused a huge shock by defeating the England amateur team on their own patch. England took the lead in the first minute, but they were afraid to tackle their opponents on a dry pitch, ideally suited to the Ugandans, who would be affiliated to FIFA, three years later.
Source
Fiction

Which is it Great Britain or England?
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

"They are naive"

Those words used to get me really wound up but after watching numerous African teams fail in the world stage maybe those words ring true.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Source
Fiction

Word is that it was England, but in the dying minutes the coach brought in a Northern Irishman to save England's blushes.

Kai, Zimbabwe didn't even exist then...
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Kabalega wrote:
Chimurenga Rebel wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Source
Fiction

Word is that it was England, but in the dying minutes the coach brought in a Northern Irishman to save England's blushes.

Kai, Zimbabwe didn't even exist then...
:rotf: See how the English protect their name!