I was so freaking pissed!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
I was so freaking pissed!!

Post by highbury »

I am so pissed at this incessant pleas for Enyeama to return to the SE. If he comes back, he will screw Nigeria over. Is Enyeama the only one that has been offended, insulted while serving Nigeria? How about those retirees who served Nigeria for 30, 40yrs? Are they not offended when they aren't paid their pensions? I don't hear this people trying to get even. Isn't Enyeama called" the pastor?" Nothing in his behavior suggest Christ like. Please let's move on from Enyeama. I am grateful and thank him for his service. Our coaches and politicians should not beg him. The great President Kennedy said" ask not what the country can do for you, but what you can do for the country."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I was so freaking pissed!!

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

U sound ridiculous comparing Vince to civil servants. Have u even been ti Nigeria this decade or u just follow on social media?
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:U sound ridiculous comparing Vince to civil servants. Have u even been ti Nigeria this decade or u just follow on social media?
What does this mean? Are you saying Vince is NOT a civil servant? or that he is better than Civil servants? :?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

danfo driver wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:U sound ridiculous comparing Vince to civil servants. Have u even been ti Nigeria this decade or u just follow on social media?
What does this mean? Are you saying Vince is NOT a civil servant? or that he is better than Civil servants? :?
I always knew some person will defend the indefensible.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

highbury wrote:I am so pissed at this incessant pleas for Enyeama to return to the SE. If he comes back, he will screw Nigeria over. Is Enyeama the only one that has been offended, insulted while serving Nigeria? How about those retirees who served Nigeria for 30, 40yrs? Are they not offended when they aren't paid their pensions? I don't hear this people trying to get even. Isn't Enyeama called" the pastor?" Nothing in his behavior suggest Christ like. Please let's move on from Enyeama. I am grateful and thank him for his service. Our coaches and politicians should not beg him. The great President Kennedy said" ask not what the country can do for you, but what you can do for the country."
Actually, that phrase wasn't coined or said by President Kennedy, it was initially by someone else whose name I have forgotten. Thus, in reality, President Kennedy "plagiarized."
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

highbury wrote:I am so pissed at this incessant pleas for Enyeama to return to the SE. If he comes back, he will screw Nigeria over. Is Enyeama the only one that has been offended, insulted while serving Nigeria? How about those retirees who served Nigeria for 30, 40yrs? Are they not offended when they aren't paid their pensions? I don't hear this people trying to get even. Isn't Enyeama called" the pastor?" Nothing in his behavior suggest Christ like. Please let's move on from Enyeama. I am grateful and thank him for his service. Our coaches and politicians should not beg him. The great President Kennedy said" ask not what the country can do for you, but what you can do for the country."
The goal is to qualify first and foremost.

Vince is argueably our best player.

And without a doubt our best goalie.

There's no one currently better. Can you list anyone who is currently better?

He did not leave due to lack of performance or failing/falling performance.

He left because of his beef with an egomaniacal coach.

Maybe you are one of those Naijarians that cut your nose to spit on your face?

We cannot afford to play people who we know are not up to snuff just to massage our bloated pride...

You have missed back-to-back ANCs... you are about to play your nemesis.... and you are letting some misplaced ego to get in your way?

Think about it, bro.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Cellular wrote:
The goal is to qualify first and foremost.
I agree! But the discussion about his supposed return or not has already gathered steam. Just my 2 cents
Vince is argueably our best player.
Disagree! Victor Moses is. Enyeama might be the most experienced
And without a doubt our best goalie.
Arguably, our best Ex goalie. He told us that he has retired

There's no one currently better. Can you list anyone who is currently better?
I can't! I haven't seen all our options. I didnt know we had a good goalie in Enyeama in 2002 World Cup until he was thrusted in the game against England. All I have seen is Akpeyi. I suspect the reason we haven't seen isn't due to lack of quality.

He did not leave due to lack of performance or failing/falling performance.
True!

He left because of his beef with an egomaniacal coach.
Partially true. But his reaction only worsened the situation. His experience with the coach was one thing, his response was another. Which I submit to you is a reflection of his character
Maybe you are one of those Naijarians that cut your nose to spit on your face?'t
No! I press on. I understand players come and go. But the National team remains. He was not the first and will not be the last of players who quit on their National team due unresolved skirmishes with the coach, FA or fans.

We cannot afford to play people who we know are not up to snuff just to massage our bloated pride...
It is not pride. It is moving forward

You have missed back-to-back ANCs... you are about to play your nemesis.... and you are letting some misplaced ego to get in your way?
Correct me if I am wrong, wasn't Enyeama the goalie of the National team when we failed to qualify for ANC under Siasia's tutelage?
Think about it, bro.
I am thinking. I stand corrected
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I wouldn't return to SE if I were him. They treated him like trash after he lost his parents.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I wouldn't return to SE if I were him. They treated him like trash after he lost his parent. The NFF must first issue a public apology before he considers a return.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote:I wouldn't return to SE if I were him. They treated him like trash after he lost his parent. The NFF must first issue a public apology before he considers a return.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Typical Arsenal fan. Thinking football is life! If Nigeria does not qualify for the world cup, the world will not end!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Don't worry you will be more pissed when Nigeria throws away its WCQ ticket due to a few howlers by Akpeyi....
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ohenhen1 wrote:I wouldn't return to SE if I were him. They treated him like trash after he lost his parents.
No, Enyeama acted like a fool and disrespected his coach, yet chose to retire from the national team. The way I see it; therefore, he left on his own and should be allowed to remain retired.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Odas wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:I wouldn't return to SE if I were him. They treated him like trash after he lost his parents.
No, Enyeama acted like a fool and disrespected his coach, yet chose to retire from the national team. The way I see it; therefore, he left on his own and should be allowed to remain retired.
I support Enyeama on this. He is a veteran that deserves some respect. All he wanted to do was talk. The young coach decided to strip him of his captainship without first talking to him first.

Well he has retired, he is enjoying his time with his family.

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

ohenhen1 wrote:They treated him like trash after he lost his parents.
Correction. He lost 'a' parent (his Mom), not his parents.
ohenhen1 wrote:He is a veteran that deserves some respect.
He was accorded his respect. He chose not to reciprocate and hence the outcome.
ohenhen1 wrote:All he wanted to do was talk.
Not when the coach was addressing the team. That was highly disrepectful of Enyeama and he deserved to be shut down by Coach Oliseh.
ohenhen1 wrote:The young coach decided to strip him of his captainship without first talking to him first.
Young coach? What difference does it make if the coach is young or old? Fact is that Enyeama couldn't seem to make up his mind if he wanted to continue playing for the National team or retire. The coach then chose to move in a different leadership direction. Nothing wrong with that!
ohenhen1 wrote:Well he has retired, he is enjoying his time with his family.
Good riddance, if you ask me. Enough of his prima donna attitude. Time for Nigeria to move on, please!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Otitokoro wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:They treated him like trash after he lost his parents.
Correction. He lost 'a' parent (his Mom), not his parents.
ohenhen1 wrote:He is a veteran that deserves some respect.
He was accorded his respect. He chose not to reciprocate and hence the outcome.
ohenhen1 wrote:All he wanted to do was talk.
Not when the coach was addressing the team. That was highly disrepectful of Enyeama and he deserved to be shut down by Coach Oliseh.
ohenhen1 wrote:The young coach decided to strip him of his captainship without first talking to him first.
Young coach? What difference does it make if the coach is young or old? Fact is that Enyeama couldn't seem to make up his mind if he wanted to continue playing for the National team or retire. The coach then chose to move in a different leadership direction. Nothing wrong with that!
ohenhen1 wrote:Well he has retired, he is enjoying his time with his family.
Good riddance, if you ask me. Enough of his prima donna attitude. Time for Nigeria to move on, please!
See wahala.

The guy was enjoying his retirement in peace. The Enyeama I know is not a prima dona.

He was first suspended for questioning the NFF traveling arrangements when Siasia was in charge.

He then tried to talk to an big egocentric young coach.

Enyeama stood up for his team mates. I will support him 100 percent of the time over Chris Green and co.

nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Sissia went with that short keepet
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Enyeama is hot headed. I pity those clamoring for him, you can see he hasn't even dignified them with any response. Nigeria could have made do with a world class keeper since 2010, he would have achieved a lot more in his career.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enyeama is no hot head. He has served his country well. Why should he respond to that thief Saraki. He is a private citizen, he can do whatever he wants.

papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Odas wrote:
You are wrong. His coach disrespected him and not the other way round. For the sake of qualifying for the world cup, a selfish me would like him to come back but I think the right thing for all involved is to stay retired.
yes o
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

papilo wrote:
Odas wrote:
You are wrong. His coach disrespected him and not the other way round. For the sake of qualifying for the world cup, a selfish me would like him to come back but I think the right thing for all involved is to stay retired.
:agree:

Totally agree in all respects...
Best to stay retired - too much water has passed under the bridge.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

ohenhen1 wrote:Enyeama is no hot head. He has served his country well. Why should he respond to that thief Saraki. He is a private citizen, he can do whatever he wants.
But then again we were told that being called a "hot head" in Naija means you are doing right...
At least that was the line when Oliseh was labeled a "hot head" for his YouTube outburst at Nigerian fans.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enyeama is a gentleman. His no hot head or prima Dona. He is also a private citizen, not a civil servant.

Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

If I'm not mistaken, from the videos I saw posted here, Enyeama will not be ready for the Cameroon games even if he chooses to come out of retirement. He was injured and is currently undergoing rehabilitation. He hasn't played a competitive game for God knows how long and not likely to be playing any competitive games for his club before the Cameroon games. The coaches are clearly not considering him and are focusing on available keepers for now. I don't know why you guys can't move on.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes