Spurs 2017/2018 Season: Levy fortifying Team

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spurs 2017/2018 Season: Levy fortifying Team

Post by green4life »

Cristao tends to take some of these transfer situations personally. Spurs is a business enterprise. Rose is an employee looking out for the best for himself professionally, family wise and trophy /career legacy. Besides this is a demand and supply situation. The supply of quality players is very low. Spurs has a lot of underpaid quality. Whereas the demand is high and teams are still flush with cash. Economics 101 at play. There's no crying in football.
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

I don't blame Rose. The guy wants to win trophies at Tottenham but that does not really happen at this football club. In addition, he wants to go back up north....reminds me of the Nick Barmby saga where he wanted to move up north. I wish him all the best. He has been improving ever since moving to LB. Once again, the bold head freak with a degree in Economics from Cambridge University does not know how to keep quality players in the Football club. I wonder who's next? Dele? Hugo? Mauricio?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Levy has to show the lads he appreciates their value by significantly upping their wages in the next few months. Failure to do so will lead to another player or maybe more grumbling about their situation.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

txj wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Rose has let so many fans down with this utterance. As far as I know there is no comeback from this and his place is now untenable. Having said that I agree in part with some of what he said. You can't be playing against players you are clearly better than in your position but earning almost half of what they do. It is not encouraging. Levy has gotten away with this far long enough and this I believe will be a game changer. Levy has to find a way to balance the books paying for the stadium while paying the players a wage that is in line with what their value commands.

Where I disagree with Rose on is acquiring big names. We don't need to. Harry Redknapp did that crap yet it didn't get us any closer to the title. Those players he brought in were over the hill and couldn't give us the best of their talent. What did Harry win with those players? Nada. Only 2 top 4 places. We won the Carling Cup with players we brought up from the academy and bought at relatively unknown stage. I am all for MoPo's method of getting them young and unknown so that they can fit into his philosophy. Kyle Walker was no longer a player that was dependable. His offensive threat were beginning to be less potent which was evident with his lack of goals and assists, while his defensive brain farts were costing the team goals unnecessarily. Selling Walker when we have Trippier was not bad business at the end of the day especially when Walker had asked and begged to be allowed to go.

In the end I won't be surprised if some of the players rally round Rose and not leave out to hang. He is surely expressing some of the thoughts that the players have been expressing in the locker room but too polite to say publicly. Rose has certainly opened a can of worms and now Levy has to deal with the mess.
How did Danny Rose become the player he is today? I am sure people referred to him as crap earlier. Levy is not to blamed in any way for Danny's comments. Rose has been very unprofessional with his comments. Walker and Rose are good players but they have the same agent. It would be interesting noting the relationship between Spurs and that particular agent.

It is painful and it hurts but life moves on. If Rose is sold, my loyalty is not to him but to the club. At the very cusp of the club building for the next phase - these two players have played their hands. I dont wish them well in their next ventures. The Tottenham way has been to partly focus on building talent in house - we have spent major monies on players.

What irritates me the most is that Danny has been injured for 7+ months - and he comes out and gives another interview. Well it will be interesting seeing how his fellow players relate with him...
“But I didn’t want to see Kyle sold. I wish him all the best and he deserves what he is earning. City will win a trophy this season and he deserves to be part of that.
People said so last season. What did City win?
“Under Harry, there were two Premier League-class players for every position. We are finishing even higher under Mauricio but we don’t have that depth now.

“The standard of training when there’s that much quality is amazing. I have competition for my place but why shouldn’t everyone have competition for their places? Everton midfielder Ross Barkley starts and finishes move off against West Ham

“Top-class competition where, if you have two average games, you might lose your place. I have that and I don’t see why anyone else shouldn’t.
Ermm, Danny - did you really think before you said the above?

In summary - going through the text. The bottom line is Danny wants more money!! All that balderdash about squad strength, transfers were just to disguise that. Poch made him who he is today and he has just gone to slap the guy. This is how many days to the start of the season as well. Way to go for team spirit. I guess next one to be tapped is Dier/Alli. I even have more respect now for Walker than Rose.

Why in the world would u wish another ill in their future endeavors? Would you like someone to wish you bad if you were leaving your current job for a better offer?

I'll be sad if LFC sold Coutinho, but I would never wish him bad....
There is a difference, txj. I dislike dishonest people. Walker/Rose should be honest. They want to move for more money. That is understandable for the overpaid primadonnas but for Rose to make that kind of interview and say those kind of words he used 3 days to the start of the league - he is a twat. Coutinho hasnt done that.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:Levy has to show the lads he appreciates their value by significantly upping their wages in the next few months. Failure to do so will lead to another player or maybe more grumbling about their situation.
What exactly is their situation? They are paid crappy wages? :???: :???: Do you know the structure of their contract - basic salary, allowance and bonus structure? We dont pay as well as the top rich 4 = that doesnt mean they are underpaid!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

kenmega wrote:I don't blame Rose. The guy wants to win trophies at Tottenham but that does not really happen at this football club. In addition, he wants to go back up north....reminds me of the Nick Barmby saga where he wanted to move up north. I wish him all the best. He has been improving ever since moving to LB. Once again, the bold head freak with a degree in Economics from Cambridge University does not know how to keep quality players in the Football club. I wonder who's next? Dele? Hugo? Mauricio?
You clearly dont have a bone to pick with Levy. How do you propose he keeps Rose?

@part in red - just wow. From a Spurs supporter... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Cristao II wrote:
txj wrote:
Why in the world would u wish another ill in their future endeavors? Would you like someone to wish you bad if you were leaving your current job for a better offer?

There is a difference, txj. I dislike dishonest people. Walker/Rose should be honest. They want to move for more money. That is understandable for the overpaid primadonnas but for Rose to make that kind of interview and say those kind of words he used 3 days to the start of the league - he is a twat. Coutinho hasnt done that.
Name me one player who has come out and said he moved clubs 'for_the_money'

Yes we all know that is their goal, but why would someone risk the fans' ire by publicly stating it

Do not compare Coutinho moving from Pool to Bartha with the Rose situ...abeg

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Some feedback from Onomah's game for Villa. Looks like the loan move will be a good one for him..
Bit more Villa feedback - to be tempered with awareness of the opposition and that it's just his first full game. Still...

"He's going to be quality. To think he is 19 years old is scary. Best all round player on the pitch tonight and has been at the club for less than a week."

"Big fan already. The sort of midfield player we need."

"Very good, keeps the ball really well.Could be the CM player we have been looking for"

"Looks a player. Great balance and seems to have that yard of pace to get away from players. Could be big for us. "

"Reminds me of Bacuna except he looks as though he can carry the ball, drift past people, can pass forwards and backwards, can take people out of the game carrying the ball and passing the ball. Actually he doesn't remind of Bacuna." :D

"Excellent player, very classy and composed, brings calm and confidence when he is in possession, every act of possession is positive. He is going to be a very special player."

"A CM who actually wants the Ball? One who collects it facing his own goal and has the ability to turn move forward and pass forward with the ball? What is this sorcery?"

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

tfco wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
txj wrote:

Name me one player who has come out and said he moved clubs 'for_the_money'

Yes we all know that is their goal, but why would someone risk the fans' ire by publicly stating it

Do not compare Coutinho moving from Pool to Bartha with the Rose situ...abeg
Understood tfco. txj mentioned Coutinho.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

The next thing is a letter to the fans about an ambitious little boy inside him . Spurs welcome to arsenal circa 2007/8
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Cristao II wrote:
kenmega wrote:I don't blame Rose. The guy wants to win trophies at Tottenham but that does not really happen at this football club. In addition, he wants to go back up north....reminds me of the Nick Barmby saga where he wanted to move up north. I wish him all the best. He has been improving ever since moving to LB. Once again, the bold head freak with a degree in Economics from Cambridge University does not know how to keep quality players in the Football club. I wonder who's next? Dele? Hugo? Mauricio?
You clearly dont have a bone to pick with Levy. How do you propose he keeps Rose?

@part in red - just wow. From a Spurs supporter... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
To keep Rose - sign one marquee player to convince him to stay. Otherwise, let him go a la Sheringham circa 1997.

Levy needs to release an honest statement on the situation regarding Spurs expectations this season. One minute he said that funds are available to buy players then next minute he released some BS statement on unsustainable transfer funds.

One of the main aspects from Rose's statement was that how come the Kyle Walker money was not spent on buying high quality players to compete for the title. Rose released a statement that we are one marquee player short from challenging the title. Yes, Rose was very unprofessional on disclosing the players anger over the wage structure (that is smaller than clubs like West Ham and Crystal Palace), but he is right. The football economy is developing very hard...These players deserve higher wages especially living in London or the outskirts of London. We don't pay as well as the top rich 4, but we are the 10th richest club in world football. What's the problem, Joey and Danny?

ps. The question is how much money is really spent on the stadium?
pps. How many trophies have we won since between 1992-present? Two? Three? Aren't we celebrating 25 years in the Premier League where we struggled to finish in the Top 6 between 1992 and 2005?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Make Una relax. Danny was injured most of last season and we didn't collapse. If he remains injured this season, we will carry on regardless. So, sold or injured, I'm not too bothered. I've seen better players leave Spurs and we are still here, so what's the fuss?

Rose, Walker and their agent had a plan and it's un effect. Rose was talking before Walker left and it's the same script, money with trophy as a disguise - "I know how much I'm worth" says it all. I have nothing against players wanting their worth. So now, the club has to do what is best for the club, sell him for the highest amount you can get, as a deterrent to other clubs, if you want our players then be ready to pay. Naymer going from Barcelona proves even the best cannot hold on to their best.
The second thing the club need to do is not sell to a rival, if it can be avoided.
Would prefer Levy pulling a Modric here. Dont sell him till next season.
Dude! Slavery is over! Grow up! This is a business! Holding a black man against his will is not acceptable in 2017. Put your price and sell to whoever meets it! THAT IS WHAT BIG CLUBS DO. Look at Chelsea, sold Matic to United. Big clubs dont give a foook about emotions. Only small clubs cry like b1tches and hold black men against their will. :roll: :roll: :roll:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Rose has let so many fans down with this utterance. As far as I know there is no comeback from this and his place is now untenable. Having said that I agree in part with some of what he said. You can't be playing against players you are clearly better than in your position but earning almost half of what they do. It is not encouraging. Levy has gotten away with this far long enough and this I believe will be a game changer. Levy has to find a way to balance the books paying for the stadium while paying the players a wage that is in line with what their value commands.

Where I disagree with Rose on is acquiring big names. We don't need to. Harry Redknapp did that crap yet it didn't get us any closer to the title. Those players he brought in were over the hill and couldn't give us the best of their talent. What did Harry win with those players? Nada. Only 2 top 4 places. We won the Carling Cup with players we brought up from the academy and bought at relatively unknown stage. I am all for MoPo's method of getting them young and unknown so that they can fit into his philosophy. Kyle Walker was no longer a player that was dependable. His offensive threat were beginning to be less potent which was evident with his lack of goals and assists, while his defensive brain farts were costing the team goals unnecessarily. Selling Walker when we have Trippier was not bad business at the end of the day especially when Walker had asked and begged to be allowed to go.

In the end I won't be surprised if some of the players rally round Rose and not leave out to hang. He is surely expressing some of the thoughts that the players have been expressing in the locker room but too polite to say publicly. Rose has certainly opened a can of worms and now Levy has to deal with the mess.
How did Danny Rose become the player he is today? I am sure people referred to him as crap earlier. Levy is not to blamed in any way for Danny's comments. Rose has been very unprofessional with his comments. Walker and Rose are good players but they have the same agent. It would be interesting noting the relationship between Spurs and that particular agent.

It is painful and it hurts but life moves on. If Rose is sold, my loyalty is not to him but to the club. At the very cusp of the club building for the next phase - these two players have played their hands. I dont wish them well in their next ventures. The Tottenham way has been to partly focus on building talent in house - we have spent major monies on players.

What irritates me the most is that Danny has been injured for 7+ months - and he comes out and gives another interview. Well it will be interesting seeing how his fellow players relate with him...
“But I didn’t want to see Kyle sold. I wish him all the best and he deserves what he is earning. City will win a trophy this season and he deserves to be part of that.
“Under Harry, there were two Premier League-class players for every position. We are finishing even higher under Mauricio but we don’t have that depth now.

“The standard of training when there’s that much quality is amazing. I have competition for my place but why shouldn’t everyone have competition for their places? Everton midfielder Ross Barkley starts and finishes move off against West Ham

“Top-class competition where, if you have two average games, you might lose your place. I have that and I don’t see why anyone else shouldn’t.

In summary - going through the text. The bottom line is Danny wants more money!! All that balderdash about squad strength, transfers were just to disguise that. Poch made him who he is today and he has just gone to slap the guy. This is how many days to the start of the season as well. Way to go for team spirit. I guess next one to be tapped is Dier/Alli. I even have more respect now for Walker than Rose.

Its remarkable. Football is the only work environment where apparently people are not allowed to leave their employment. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

An immature emotional boy. thats what Cristao is. he takes fooball too personally and emotionally.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
txj wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

Well, clearly, you are the dishonest person here! and you are a twat!

Rose said

- he wants to get higher paid
- he wants Spurs to compete and buy top players
- he wants to win things
- he wants to go back home (North)

Which of these is a lie? Do you know him personally?

Like I have told you, your club is cursed, and it is probably because of people like you that is why the curse will never get broken.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

About 3 weeks ago, I posted this.
Players will take care of number one and for Spuds over 2 to 3 seasons (last season was the 2nd season), if the budget differential is too big, it will be impossible for them to keep their players.

Spuds have got to the level where their best players want to be paid like the other players at that the same level. For example, Walker knows his worth, if he does not, his Agent knows it is his job to let him know this. All the Agent has to do is say, look at Luke Shaw, your England team mate. How much is he earning? If Luke Shaw can command a basic wage of £170k per week, why can't you? Is he better than you? Is he worth more than you? Then, the Agent will point to the player who he competes with for the England RB spot - Nathaniel Clyne. How can it be that Clyne is earning more than Walker? Clyne is said to earn over £90k per week plus bonuses, but Walker's Agent in his quest to get Walker out of Spuds and let the whole world know that his player is on less than £70k per week plus bonuses at Spuds. This despite the fact that the same Agent, only just recently just agreed the deal with Spuds.

Goes to show you how much a contract is worth these days. Fact is, a contract is only there to protect the club in that you get the highest transfer fee for the player. The contract no longer stops a determined player from leaving. We hear Walker is being offered a basic of over £150k per week by City - that is more than double what he currently earns at Spuds.

Sadly, for Spuds, this is just the beginning. When Walker post his first wage slip on 'WhatsApp' for his Spuds ex-team mates to see, then reality will strike and the Agents of the other top players will go into over drive to get similar wages for their clients. That is the reality of the modern game.
The most damaging thing Danny Rose said:
As with everyone else in my team, I am worth more than I'm getting
Other players may follow.

Levy now faces the ultimate test. Spuds wage structure will have to be smashed or this Spurs team will be broken up.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

As hard as it is for me, I can't but feel a very tiny ping of sympathy for the likes of TOTO and Monaco ... they have gone about building their team through youth and development with relatively inexpensive but sensible buys while the usual clowns bloat their rosters with overrated and overpaid buffoons.

It's a bloody shame that all that hard work and dedication is being allowed to be ripped apart by clowns simply throwing ungodly amounts of money at the bidding of greedy agents who really care little about the football side of a transfer but simply see a bag of cash.

Oh well it is what it is ...:: UEFA is a bloody joke as a regulatory board but while I don't recommend a full blooded adoption of the American sports model which gives a certain amount of protection to teams from wholesale poaching because of salary cap restrictions ..... Nevertheless something needs to be done ASAP or this game that we love will soon be a thing of the past. This is becoming bloody ridiculous .

While Tottenham have not helped themselves by grossly underpaying their top players this thing that has happened at monaco is particularly galling :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

anikulapo wrote:As hard as it is for me, I can't but feel a very tiny ping of sympathy for the likes of TOTO and Monaco ... they have gone about building their team through youth and development with relatively inexpensive but sensible buys while the usual clowns bloat their rosters with overrated and overpaid buffoons.

It's a bloody shame that all that hard work and dedication is being allowed to be ripped apart by clowns simply throwing ungodly amounts of money at the bidding of greedy agents who really care little about the football side of a transfer but simply see a bag of cash.

Oh well it is what it is ...:: UEFA is a bloody joke as a regulatory board but while I don't recommend a full blooded adoption of the American sports model which gives a certain amount of protection to teams from wholesale poaching because of salary cap restrictions ..... Nevertheless something needs to be done ASAP or this game that we love will soon be a thing of the past. This is becoming bloody ridiculous .

While Tottenham have not helped themselves by grossly underpaying their top players this thing that has happened at monaco is particularly galling :curse:
Once again, you show you know nothing about football. :lol: Monaco prepared for this. From last season, they were ready. They have a high turnover and they prepare long before. it is the same with teams like Porto and Dortmund. They comb the market a year before and select who they want. Go to Monaco's roster, they have already replaced everyone they have sold. dey there!
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Waffiman wrote:About 3 weeks ago, I posted this.
Players will take care of number one and for Spuds over 2 to 3 seasons (last season was the 2nd season), if the budget differential is too big, it will be impossible for them to keep their players.

Spuds have got to the level where their best players want to be paid like the other players at that the same level. For example, Walker knows his worth, if he does not, his Agent knows it is his job to let him know this. All the Agent has to do is say, look at Luke Shaw, your England team mate. How much is he earning? If Luke Shaw can command a basic wage of £170k per week, why can't you? Is he better than you? Is he worth more than you? Then, the Agent will point to the player who he competes with for the England RB spot - Nathaniel Clyne. How can it be that Clyne is earning more than Walker? Clyne is said to earn over £90k per week plus bonuses, but Walker's Agent in his quest to get Walker out of Spuds and let the whole world know that his player is on less than £70k per week plus bonuses at Spuds. This despite the fact that the same Agent, only just recently just agreed the deal with Spuds.

Goes to show you how much a contract is worth these days. Fact is, a contract is only there to protect the club in that you get the highest transfer fee for the player. The contract no longer stops a determined player from leaving. We hear Walker is being offered a basic of over £150k per week by City - that is more than double what he currently earns at Spuds.

Sadly, for Spuds, this is just the beginning. When Walker post his first wage slip on 'WhatsApp' for his Spuds ex-team mates to see, then reality will strike and the Agents of the other top players will go into over drive to get similar wages for their clients. That is the reality of the modern game.
The most damaging thing Danny Rose said:
As with everyone else in my team, I am worth more than I'm getting
Other players may follow.

Levy now faces the ultimate test. Spuds wage structure will have to be smashed or this Spurs team will be broken up.
Agreed. Sissoko is earning more wages than Rose.

This what pissed me off with Levy. He knows he needs to increase the wage structure to give new contracts to players like Toby as well as signing new players. This current wage structure is not compatible for us to challenging for the title and participate in Champions League football. The Zuckerburg offer might be true but is Levy and Lewis willing to sell the club if they don't have any 'funds' because of the stadium costs? I don't know whats our expectations this season because this is frustrating as we might end up outside the Top 6 as there is some potential darkhorses challenging for European places.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... SApp_Other
BABY, I COMPARE YOU TO A DISS FROM A ROSE …
The Fiver loves Spurs. They give hope to habitual losers around the world that, one day, they too might finish second. In our case, they allow us to dream that one day the phrase “Lads, it’s The Fiver” will be met with something other than a weary sigh or the confused question: “Is that thing still going? I thought they put it out of its misery years ago.” In addition to that, Spurs are an antidote to the tedious excess of modern football and modern society. Their low-key, financially responsible excellence makes them the most admirable club in the country. That’s one interpretation, anyway. The other is that SPURS GOTTA BUY SOMEONE QUICKSMART BECAUSE DANNY WANTS A NEW TOY TO PLAY WITH.

Yes, Danny Rose, Spurs’ knacked left-back, has only gone and opened his mouth without checking what was going to fall out. In an interview with the Sun, Rose announced that he wants more money, he wants Spurs to spend more money, he wants Spurs to go back in time and not sell Kyle Walker, and he wants to play up north before he retires. “I am not saying buy 10 players, I’d love to see two or three – and not players you have to Google and say, ‘Who’s that?’ I mean well-known players,” parped the world-renowned left-back.

The whole point of Spurs is that they built a brilliant team by developing relative unknowns like Dele Alli, Eric Dier and, yep, Danny Rose. “Time is running out and I do want to win trophies. One thing is for sure – I know my worth and I will make sure I get what I am worth,” he continued, making possibly the least chilling threat since Ken Barlow offered to sort out Mike Baldwin. “I am not playing as well as I have done not to get paid what I think I am worth. As with everyone else in my team, in my opinion, I am worth more than I am getting.”

Rose is a bloody good left-back. He is not, however, the second coming of Roberto Carlos and there are many who will feel he has just broken the talk:walkometer. Maybe he is feral with the lack of football. But if he pulled this stunt in a 1970s dressing-room, he’d have received a lit *** in the eye faster than he could say “taken out of context”. Mind, The Fiver feels a bit of sympathy for him. We moan when players say nothing and then moan even more when they are honest. A lot of what Rose said was fair enough – about Spurs’ squad depth, for example, and wanting to play up north before he retires to see more of his mum. But the arrogant, indiscreet manner in which he did so was not exactly conducive to dressing-room bonhomie, and some of his other comments veered between better-left-unsaid and WILL YOU PLEASE SHUT UP JUST SHUT UP RIGHT NOW PLEASE SHUT UP. In the parlance of our time, he’s had a right Trump.
Also apparently Danny Rose has apologised. It is however 90% certain that he will be sold at the end of this season. His head is no longer at the club. The least that can be done is getting as much money as possible from him and not selling to certain clubs.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:Levy has to show the lads he appreciates their value by significantly upping their wages in the next few months. Failure to do so will lead to another player or maybe more grumbling about their situation.
Spurs are never going to pay City/United/Chelsea money. As long as that exists, players are going to grumble.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -tottenham
Mauricio Pochettino says he has forgiven Danny Rose for comments that criticised Tottenham Hotspur’s lack of transfer activity and cast doubt upon his own future, and has stressed that he wants the left-back to stay at White Hart Lane.

Rose apologised on Friday afternoon for giving the interview, in which he said he wanted the club the avoid signing players “you have to Google”, and his manager said that all parties have moved on from a potentially disruptive situation on the eve of the new Premier League season.

“[The disruption was] more outside than in the club,” Pochettino said. “The players were very calm. Sometimes you understand the frustration. It was his opinion and then he understood he needed to apologise. I forgive that. For me, let’s move on and try to get him fit as soon as possible.”

Asked whether Rose remained in his plans he replied: “Of course. Nothing changed my perception with him. The moment he apologised everyone moved on.”

Pochettino pointed out that Rose has been out since January with a knee injury that required surgery, suggesting that his words may have been the result of that lengthy lay-off. “I was a player, and sometimes after seven months not playing you are frustrated for different reasons,” he said. “For me it’s not a big issue, it’s time to move on. It’s good for him to say that. It’s time to start a new season, it’s exciting.”

Any disciplinary action imposed upon Rose would be “a matter for the club”, Pochettino said. He pointed out that no player is contracted to Tottenham against their will and that Rose is playing for them through his own volition.

“I respect all opinions, but when Daniel Levy made an offer for me to come here, no one forced me to sign,” he said. “It’s like that for the player. No one forces him to sign a contract. We are here at Tottenham, no one forced him to sign and stay here, not making pressure to make that happen. It’s important to understand we are here because we want to be here.”

Tottenham are yet to make a first-team signing this summer; Pochettino said that will not be the case by the end of the transfer window but that any deals may be completed as late as the final day. He accepted that Tottenham have to go about their business in “a different way” to several of their title rivals.

“If you see the last five years, Tottenham always spend money and sign players at the end of the transfer window,” he said. “I don’t understand why it is a big issue now. We are so calm. The team is ready to compete.

“Of course we will sign [players], like every season, maybe on the last day. We will sign players we believe can help us challenge for the things we want to challenge for.

“We are so competitive and so ambitious. It’s a big challenge for us to make Tottenham a winning team and build a strong mentality to challenge the big sides like United and City who are spending a lot of money. When you see our philosophy and the way we work it’s so exciting. Why not try to win in a different way to [what] the others believe? We have to be unique and try to be strong, and not have doubts when others have doubts and are nervous. We are calm and relaxed; we will see at the end of the season if we are right or wrong.”

Tottenham open their Premier League season at Newcastle United on Sunday afternoon. In the continued absence of Rose and with Kieran Trippier newly sidelined, the 20-year-old defender Kyle Walker-Peters could make his debut for the club.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Rose is gone and he should rightly be sold. He's tried to destroy what a lot of people had worked for, including his own team mates. If you want to leave, speak for your self. Don't speak for others. He knew what he was doing and probably planned too.

People comparing Spurs to Arsenal a few years ago, Spurs have always paid within their means. That I the whole purpose if building a capacity stadium, to be more competitive, including wages.

There was an article that shows Spurs is not in the top 35 earners in Europe in the past 10 seasons or so. How we can compete with the money bags is beyond me
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I must be honest, Toby should be on good money compared to £50,000 he's reportedly on. That is shocking. What was he on at Southampton?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!