Arsenal 4 VS 3 Leicester City (FT)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Arsenal 4 VS 3 Leicester City (FT)

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote:There's a reason up until now that Shakespeare has been an assistant.
Spot on. Ndidi was in charge until his Manager asked him to man mark Ozil. Huge tactical mistake. Arsenal won the game cos their defence lost the screen he gave the CDs.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

John Cross gave Mahrez a 7 rating, the highest rating for any player on the field :rotf: :rotf: this reminds me of looking at a game through the lens of a besotted Ozil or Xhacrap fan :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Because he is not a poet :lol: . On a more serious note,the man messed up!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Waffiman wrote:
Spot on. Ndidi was in charge until his Manager asked him to man mark Ozil. Huge tactical mistake. Arsenal won the game cos their defence lost the screen he gave the CDs.
He subbed an extra defensive body for Kele who won't defend when he was a goal up and under severe pressure. Kele touched the ball all of once, would have made more sense to protect the lead and maybe bring him on in the dying seconds for Vardy.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I already said it here...Kele should not have gone to Leicester. It waa comical seeing him try to operate from the middle while Vardy was upfront...

I am curious to see how it is going to pan out....one can only wish him luck. The midfield is not as creative as to suit his game...oh well have a whole season to things pan out...
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Thanks leicester for the 3 points,i will bavk you huys on your next game,hope yheir coach learn today and play better against the other big boys
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

Just finished watching the game on replay...I am glad we won on one hand but damn what's with all the mental lapses and unforced errors. We completely just lost shape whenever they scored against the run of play.

Kola and Ox where bosses out there.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Why are you guys so miserable? Enjoy the bloody win. Relax! Wenger IS in control.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

mmeny wrote:Just finished watching the game on replay...I am glad we won on one hand but damn what's with all the mental lapses and unforced errors. We completely just lost shape whenever they scored against the run of play.

@mmeny: Kudos the Gunners! It's easy to forget we played with a makeshift defense.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Seems this Arsenal win wounded a lot of haters tonite. I see a lot of them in the press starting with Garagara abi na Carragher be him name, Mike Dean, and all resident CE haters waking up with migraines & dysentery in the morning. :lol: :lol: :lol:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

I missed this game. Was it any good?

Was there any defending?

Is it worth watching the replay? Tomorrow's games suck so I might as well check it out but not if it was a typical smack the ball EPL game.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Thunder wrote:Seems this Arsenal win wounded a lot of haters tonite. I see a lot of them in the press starting with Garagara abi na Carragher be him name, Mike Dean, and all resident CE haters waking up with migraines & dysentery in the morning. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Who is hating on arsenal...we just wanted a chance to laugh at you....if you ur defense open nyash for Leicester imagine facing high scoring teams
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Benedict Iroha wrote:
Thunder wrote:Seems this Arsenal win wounded a lot of haters tonite. I see a lot of them in the press starting with Garagara abi na Carragher be him name, Mike Dean, and all resident CE haters waking up with migraines & dysentery in the morning. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Who is hating on arsenal...we just wanted a chance to laugh at you....if you ur defense open nyash for Leicester imagine facing high scoring teams

na so Thunder's post pain you reach? Ndo....
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Thunder wrote:
mmeny wrote:Just finished watching the game on replay...I am glad we won on one hand but damn what's with all the mental lapses and unforced errors. We completely just lost shape whenever they scored against the run of play.

@mmeny: Kudos the Gunners! It's easy to forget we played with a makeshift defense.
Spot on.

When kicked off, we had 3 Full Backs (2 in the back 3) and one Wide player (Ox ) in a back line of 5. Worse, it was the first game they had played together.

The best one, after his subs, we had a LW playing RW and the RW playing LW with 2 LWs playing at Centre Half.

When we got the lead with just over 4 minutes left plus extra time left, I thought, this is not over yet. We need another goal.

From my end, the 2 new boys won everyone with their attitude and quality.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

All I know is, I was part of a classic game of football.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:
Thunder wrote:

Spot on.

When kicked off, we had 3 Full Backs (2 in the back 3) and one Wide player (Ox ) in a back line of 5. Worse, it was the first game they had played together.

The best one, after his subs, we had a LW playing RW and the RW playing LW with 2 LWs playing at Centre Half.

When we got the lead with just over 4 minutes left plus extra time left, I thought, this is not over yet. We need another goal.

From my end, the 2 new boys won everyone with their attitude and quality.
Agree, though I would love to see stats from last year on how the rocks like Kos and Mustafi did together....

I certainly remember beating them like 5-3 2 ys ago with our full defense.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

We have lost the opening game the last 3 seasons straight I think....all I care about is winning the first game, it was not the perfect performance but we need to remember it was a makeshift back 3 with Monreal in the middle and Holding having his worst game imho in a Arsenal shirt.

I noticed that we out-ran Leicester by 2 KM's in that game, so we have turned up for this season in a better physical condition than last year for example when if I remember correctly Liverpool out-ran us by close to 5KM's and won the game.

I thought Xhaka was good but special praise for OX(Never stopped trying and was very consistent throughout the game), Kolasinac(one or 2 defensive mistakes but excellent going forward) and Lacazette(A fantastic player, everything about him oozes class). And Giroud ofcourse always comes on with the right attitude.

Long way to go but a good start.
To God be the glory
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

oloye wrote:
Because he is not a poet :lol: . On a more serious note,the man messed up!
Credit to Wenger most of all. His subs (Ramsey and Giroud) plus formation and tactical changes (3-4-3 to 4-4-2) (Ox to RB, Bells to LB, Lacazette, inside left, Ozil 10, Theo Wide Right, then Ramsey running into space Izil vacates etc etc) won him the game.

The man was bold and got exactly what he deserved.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Me I'm pained ooo - but no prob. We always laugh last :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I dont think Kele should have moved to City unless City would change their tactics ... Leicester doesnt look a good fit.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8