Spurs 2017/2018 Season: Levy fortifying Team

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spurs 2017/2018 Season: Levy fortifying Team

Post by Cristao II »

pajimoh wrote:I must be honest, Toby should be on good money compared to £50,000 he's reportedly on. That is shocking. What was he on at Southampton?
Agreed. However what we see here is the basic wage. I have no idea how Levy structures the bonuses and extra pay packages based on performance. That was my viewpoint of the entire Spurs salary structure. E.g A player could be quoted to be on 40k meanwhile the extras could push it up to 70/80k a week. Do note that I have no clue on this.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:Rose is gone and he should rightly be sold. He's tried to destroy what a lot of people had worked for, including his own team mates. If you want to leave, speak for your self. Don't speak for others. He knew what he was doing and probably planned too.

People comparing Spurs to Arsenal a few years ago, Spurs have always paid within their means. That I the whole purpose if building a capacity stadium, to be more competitive, including wages.

There was an article that shows Spurs is not in the top 35 earners in Europe in the past 10 seasons or so. How we can compete with the money bags is beyond me
Arsenal has always paid within its means. Arsenal new stadium has generated gate receipts of an average of £100m per season.

It is huge. This is why other London clubs are very keen on doing the same. West Ham have, you are on the way and Chelsea in hot pursuit.

Unless a sugar daddy comes along to buy Spuds, which is a real possibility with the new stadium, Spurs has a long period of paying off the debt for the stadium. Arsenal went through all of this and you saw how we lost players despite having constant CL money.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Rose is gone and he should rightly be sold. He's tried to destroy what a lot of people had worked for, including his own team mates. If you want to leave, speak for your self. Don't speak for others. He knew what he was doing and probably planned too.

People comparing Spurs to Arsenal a few years ago, Spurs have always paid within their means. That I the whole purpose if building a capacity stadium, to be more competitive, including wages.

There was an article that shows Spurs is not in the top 35 earners in Europe in the past 10 seasons or so. How we can compete with the money bags is beyond me
Arsenal has always paid within its means. Arsenal new stadium has generated gate receipts of an average of £100m per season.

It is huge. This is why other London clubs are very keen on doing the same. West Ham have, you are on the way and Chelsea in hot pursuit.

Unless a sugar daddy comes along to buy Spuds, which is a real possibility with the new stadium, Spurs has a long period of paying off the debt for the stadium. Arsenal went through all of this and you saw how we lost players despite having constant CL money.
My point is we've always lost players. Nothing new there. Our only hope in future is increased revenue
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

kenmega wrote:
Waffiman wrote:About 3 weeks ago, I posted this.
Players will take care of number one and for Spuds over 2 to 3 seasons (last season was the 2nd season), if the budget differential is too big, it will be impossible for them to keep their players.

Spuds have got to the level where their best players want to be paid like the other players at that the same level. For example, Walker knows his worth, if he does not, his Agent knows it is his job to let him know this. All the Agent has to do is say, look at Luke Shaw, your England team mate. How much is he earning? If Luke Shaw can command a basic wage of £170k per week, why can't you? Is he better than you? Is he worth more than you? Then, the Agent will point to the player who he competes with for the England RB spot - Nathaniel Clyne. How can it be that Clyne is earning more than Walker? Clyne is said to earn over £90k per week plus bonuses, but Walker's Agent in his quest to get Walker out of Spuds and let the whole world know that his player is on less than £70k per week plus bonuses at Spuds. This despite the fact that the same Agent, only just recently just agreed the deal with Spuds.

Goes to show you how much a contract is worth these days. Fact is, a contract is only there to protect the club in that you get the highest transfer fee for the player. The contract no longer stops a determined player from leaving. We hear Walker is being offered a basic of over £150k per week by City - that is more than double what he currently earns at Spuds.

Sadly, for Spuds, this is just the beginning. When Walker post his first wage slip on 'WhatsApp' for his Spuds ex-team mates to see, then reality will strike and the Agents of the other top players will go into over drive to get similar wages for their clients. That is the reality of the modern game.
The most damaging thing Danny Rose said:
As with everyone else in my team, I am worth more than I'm getting
Other players may follow.

Levy now faces the ultimate test. Spuds wage structure will have to be smashed or this Spurs team will be broken up.
Agreed. Sissoko is earning more wages than Rose.

This what pissed me off with Levy. He knows he needs to increase the wage structure to give new contracts to players like Toby as well as signing new players. This current wage structure is not compatible for us to challenging for the title and participate in Champions League football. The Zuckerburg offer might be true but is Levy and Lewis willing to sell the club if they don't have any 'funds' because of the stadium costs? I don't know whats our expectations this season because this is frustrating as we might end up outside the Top 6 as there is some potential darkhorses challenging for European places.
I also wrote this about 3 weeks ago:
Now Spurs have a good team, can they keep their good players? This is key because Agents do not have any time for sentiment. Players these days rarely have time for sentiment. As a Gooner, I know this only too well, not only did we sell our best players for the best part of 10 years, we also missed out on top players in the same period. It is one thing bringing in good players or even developing them, it is another thing entirely to keep them when they have proven themselves in the league.

Bottomline is Spurs do not pay wages of a top 4 team. Go read the last set of Accounts of the top 6. The top 4 in terms of wages paid were, ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool and City. Arsenal were 5th, Spuds 6th. But the difference between Spuds and the rest is considerable. Arsenal had a wage bill of £195m in 5th, Liverpool had a wage bill of £208m in 4th, whilst Spuds in 2nd place in the league had the 6th highest wage bill of £160m. A brilliant achievement, but the differential in wages is too big to keep their best players. I know this only too well from Arsenal's experience.
Do Spurs have the scope to increase their wage structure? On paper yes. But, in the face of stadium expenditure, can they? Are they ready to sacrifice CL money and try to cope with Europa money, league money, stadium gate receipts plus sponsorship. When you look at Spurs wage bill, unless there is a deal or potential deal with some other party ready to take over, there is no way they can keep players on the current level of wages expenditure. I think Spurs can pay good to top wack money to certain players and look to recruit another type of players they can pay less money whilst trying to fit them into a collective structure that will be effective.

But, I must add. IMHO there are a few Spurs players made to look better by Spur's effectiveness as a collective and I put Danny Rose is one of those. Over the years I have gotten used to seeing English players especially being over hyped and they suddenly think they the best things since sliced bread. The fact is many of these English players have been made to look good by the foreign team mates and suddenly they are great players. But the fact is they are at best good to average players who always get found out when they play for their country. The main man here is Poch, he has found a system and made all these players better and effective. Spurs must not lose Poch. Do you guys remember how I have stuck with Wenger? Now you guys will experience why.

I know, there is a point when it comes to increasing the wages of the Spurs players, but these players will not stay for what Spurs will offer. Danny Rose will want wages close to Walker's and he knows he will get it, Spurs will not give him that sort of money. Many of the Spuds English players are now getting really carried away and showing their true colours but just take a close look and you will discover, the real mercenaries in English football are mainly the English players themselves. I observed this years ago and called out the hypocrisy of the so called foreign mercenary.

Why do none of these English Spurs players perform for England? It is largely cos Dembele, Eriksen, Vertonghen and Alderweireld are not English? Even Alli and Kane's partnership does not work without Eriksen. For me, Spurs should worry most about losing these foreign players and Harry Kane. The rest are replaceable and Spurs should not break the bank to keep them. It is about knowing how to manage and not be held to ransom by players and Agents who demand what they are not worth.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Waffiman wrote:
kenmega wrote:
Waffiman wrote:About 3 weeks ago, I posted this.
Players will take care of number one and for Spuds over 2 to 3 seasons (last season was the 2nd season), if the budget differential is too big, it will be impossible for them to keep their players.

Spuds have got to the level where their best players want to be paid like the other players at that the same level. For example, Walker knows his worth, if he does not, his Agent knows it is his job to let him know this. All the Agent has to do is say, look at Luke Shaw, your England team mate. How much is he earning? If Luke Shaw can command a basic wage of £170k per week, why can't you? Is he better than you? Is he worth more than you? Then, the Agent will point to the player who he competes with for the England RB spot - Nathaniel Clyne. How can it be that Clyne is earning more than Walker? Clyne is said to earn over £90k per week plus bonuses, but Walker's Agent in his quest to get Walker out of Spuds and let the whole world know that his player is on less than £70k per week plus bonuses at Spuds. This despite the fact that the same Agent, only just recently just agreed the deal with Spuds.

Goes to show you how much a contract is worth these days. Fact is, a contract is only there to protect the club in that you get the highest transfer fee for the player. The contract no longer stops a determined player from leaving. We hear Walker is being offered a basic of over £150k per week by City - that is more than double what he currently earns at Spuds.

Sadly, for Spuds, this is just the beginning. When Walker post his first wage slip on 'WhatsApp' for his Spuds ex-team mates to see, then reality will strike and the Agents of the other top players will go into over drive to get similar wages for their clients. That is the reality of the modern game.
The most damaging thing Danny Rose said:
As with everyone else in my team, I am worth more than I'm getting
Other players may follow.

Levy now faces the ultimate test. Spuds wage structure will have to be smashed or this Spurs team will be broken up.
Agreed. Sissoko is earning more wages than Rose.

This what pissed me off with Levy. He knows he needs to increase the wage structure to give new contracts to players like Toby as well as signing new players. This current wage structure is not compatible for us to challenging for the title and participate in Champions League football. The Zuckerburg offer might be true but is Levy and Lewis willing to sell the club if they don't have any 'funds' because of the stadium costs? I don't know whats our expectations this season because this is frustrating as we might end up outside the Top 6 as there is some potential darkhorses challenging for European places.
I also wrote this about 3 weeks ago:
Now Spurs have a good team, can they keep their good players? This is key because Agents do not have any time for sentiment. Players these days rarely have time for sentiment. As a Gooner, I know this only too well, not only did we sell our best players for the best part of 10 years, we also missed out on top players in the same period. It is one thing bringing in good players or even developing them, it is another thing entirely to keep them when they have proven themselves in the league.

Bottomline is Spurs do not pay wages of a top 4 team. Go read the last set of Accounts of the top 6. The top 4 in terms of wages paid were, ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool and City. Arsenal were 5th, Spuds 6th. But the difference between Spuds and the rest is considerable. Arsenal had a wage bill of £195m in 5th, Liverpool had a wage bill of £208m in 4th, whilst Spuds in 2nd place in the league had the 6th highest wage bill of £160m. A brilliant achievement, but the differential in wages is too big to keep their best players. I know this only too well from Arsenal's experience.
Do Spurs have the scope to increase their wage structure? On paper yes. But, in the face of stadium expenditure, can they? Are they ready to sacrifice CL money and try to cope with Europa money, league money, stadium gate receipts plus sponsorship. When you look at Spurs wage bill, unless there is a deal or potential deal with some other party ready to take over, there is no way they can keep players on the current level of wages expenditure. I think Spurs can pay good to top wack money to certain players and look to recruit another type of players they can pay less money whilst trying to fit them into a collective structure that will be effective.

But, I must add. IMHO there are a few Spurs players made to look better by Spur's effectiveness as a collective and I put Danny Rose is one of those. Over the years I have gotten used to seeing English players especially being over hyped and they suddenly think they the best things since sliced bread. The fact is many of these English players have been made to look good by the foreign team mates and suddenly they are great players. But the fact is they are at best good to average players who always get found out when they play for their country. The main man here is Poch, he has found a system and made all these players better and effective. Spurs must not lose Poch. Do you guys remember how I have stuck with Wenger? Now you guys will experience why.

I know, there is a point when it comes to increasing the wages of the Spurs players, but these players will not stay for what Spurs will offer. Danny Rose will want wages close to Walker's and he knows he will get it, Spurs will not give him that sort of money. Many of the Spuds English players are now getting really carried away and showing their true colours but just take a close look and you will discover, the real mercenaries in English football are mainly the English players themselves. I observed this years ago and called out the hypocrisy of the so called foreign mercenary.

Why do none of these English Spurs players perform for England? It is largely cos Dembele, Eriksen, Vertonghen and Alderweireld are not English? Even Alli and Kane's partnership does not work without Eriksen. For me, Spurs should worry most about losing these foreign players and Harry Kane. The rest are replaceable and Spurs should not break the bank to keep them. It is about knowing how to manage and not be held to ransom by players and Agents who demand what they are not worth.
Agreed. Hence my disappointment with Rose. He most of all the English players has benefited from Poch. We knew Kane was special under Sherwood but Rose was seen as average. Oh well as pajimoh said, we are used to players leaving. The club remains.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Spurs forced Rose to apologise to us (and they fined him two weeks wages),

Are we are signing Davidson Sanchez from Ajax?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Video of Onomah vs Colchester..

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Who is Danny Rose wiggling his nyash at? Chelsea? They surely wouldn't pay the going rate for him, aren't they supposed to be signing Sagittarius from Juventus?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Waffiman, you are spot on with Danny Boy and the contingent of English players.

Although I am disappointed with the manner and timing of Danny Rose's utterance I still feel his grievance is legitimate. The reaction from MoPo is also telling as he is normally ruthless with players who are insubordinate. What this tells me is that the manager has had a team meeting with all the players for them to clear the air. He couldn't afford to leave the big elephant hanging in the air. The players might have told him they were in agreement for the most part with what Danny said hence why he said he wasn't getting rid of him.

Levy too might have gotten the message. He knows he can't keep this team tied together with this sort of pay scale. He has to go up at least 50% to keep the players happy. Kane should be on at least £170K, Lloris and Eriksen £130K, Toby, Dele, Jan and Dier £100K, and the likes of Danny, Wanyama and Dembele on £90K weekly. Levy knows he can do it but he just wants to be stubborn. I really hope he loosens the purse string on time before it becomes a problem in the middle of the season.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

My point is we've always lost players. Nothing new there. Our only hope in future is increased revenue
All clubs lose players. Soldier go, soldier come barracks stay. Danny Rose as advised by his Agent has burnt his bridges and wants out. He will not be difficult to replace.

It is how you replace, adjust, make changes whilst maintaining your position in the league that is the key. Can Spurs maintain top 4 with these players leaving? This is the challenge. With Poch, there is always a chance.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cristao II wrote:

I am disappointed he has gone out on loan. A player I have watched since he was a kid. Also have to confess, I know people close to him, hence I also take a personal interest.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Its a Goal wrote:Waffiman, you are spot on with Danny Boy and the contingent of English players.

Although I am disappointed with the manner and timing of Danny Rose's utterance I still feel his grievance is legitimate. The reaction from MoPo is also telling as he is normally ruthless with players who are insubordinate. What this tells me is that the manager has had a team meeting with all the players for them to clear the air. He couldn't afford to leave the big elephant hanging in the air. The players might have told him they were in agreement for the most part with what Danny said hence why he said he wasn't getting rid of him.

Levy too might have gotten the message. He knows he can't keep this team tied together with this sort of pay scale. He has to go up at least 50% to keep the players happy. Kane should be on at least £170K, Lloris and Eriksen £130K, Toby, Dele, Jan and Dier £100K, and the likes of Danny, Wanyama and Dembele on £90K weekly. Levy knows he can do it but he just wants to be stubborn. I really hope he loosens the purse string on time before it becomes a problem in the middle of the season.
This is what Spurs have to do and they must do it quickly.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:Waffiman, you are spot on with Danny Boy and the contingent of English players.

The best striker in the league "SHOULD BE ON" 170K?? What are you smoking? Worse players are getting 250K and eve 300K. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You guys are in for a shocker! You simply dont know how horrible the market is now. E go do you like film trick.

Whats the difference between you and Levy? Rose has been told by Walker that Walker is on obscene wages. Rose has been offered obscene wages by United and Chelsea. The likes or useless Lingard is on 100k and Shaw who is worse than Rose is on 100k + and you are saying Rose SHOULD BE ON 90k. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Good luck!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Waffiman wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

I am disappointed he has gone out on loan. A player I have watched since he was a kid. Also have to confess, I know people close to him, hence I also take a personal interest.
He wouldn't have gotten game time this year at Spurs in his preferred position. He is someone I have a very keen interest in. The bobo is a very good prospect. I hope he gets good game time and comes back better.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

His grievance on pay may be legit - the rest of his utterances were an insult to his colleagues and the fans. He has been injured for 6 months and the club paid his wages. He has forgotten that he was once a Google player..

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Spurs made a bid for Anthony Martial today. it was rejected by United.

News reported by Bouhafsi of RMC, the most reputable journalist on French or French-player matters.

Interesting. In the last 2 days Spurs have had bids rejected for Davidson Sanchez and Anthony Martial.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Waffiman, you are spot on with Danny Boy and the contingent of English players.

The best striker in the league "SHOULD BE ON" 170K?? What are you smoking? Worse players are getting 250K and eve 300K. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You guys are in for a shocker! You simply dont know how horrible the market is now. E go do you like film trick.

Whats the difference between you and Levy? Rose has been told by Walker that Walker is on obscene wages. Rose has been offered obscene wages by United and Chelsea. The likes or useless Lingard is on 100k and Shaw who is worse than Rose is on 100k + and you are saying Rose SHOULD BE ON 90k. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Good luck!
Not all players are driven by money and Kane is one of them. If he was he would have left by now. Spurs will never be able to match the wages of other clubs, not now especially. The pay increase I am proposing is to show the players how much the club appreciates them and recognize their value. If any player is driven by money no matter how much they are paid they will always look over the fence to see who else is getting more than them. Rose can leave and get paid £200K per week does that mean Walker will now start grumbling and tell City to match those wages or risk losing him to another team that will pay more? At some point players have to determine what is more important to them: money over glory or honor over money.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: Spurs made a bid for Anthony Martial today. it was rejected by United.

News reported by Bouhafsi of RMC, the most reputable journalist on French or French-player matters.

Interesting. In the last 2 days Spurs have had bids rejected for Davidson Sanchez and Anthony Martial.
We read everyday who Spurs want to sign or who Spurs has reached an agreement with to sign but nothing comes out of it. They are all rumors. We will sign players but until the ideal is signed, sealed and delivered I won't bother. There have been players on the verge of joining Spurs only for an a-s-shole team to hijack the deal at the last second.

ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

Some of us are old enough to remember that Spurs almost went out of existence due to threat of bankruptcy in the late 80s. Thanks to Alan Sugar we are still here today. Of course we want to win things, but if anyone should know that you cannot continually spend more than you earn and stay in business, we should. We cannot look at Man City and United's bank balance to determine what we should do. We have no choice but to find another way. The same people urging Levy to spend now will be quick to label him reckless and culpable if the club goes belly-up. We need to find a structure that gives decent remuneration now, even though lower than the big boys can do, with further bumper rewards (e.g. Bonuses) IF we win trophies to motivate the players.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: Spurs made a bid for Anthony Martial today. it was rejected by United.

We read everyday who Spurs want to sign or who Spurs has reached an agreement with to sign but nothing comes out of it. They are all rumors. We will sign players but until the ideal is signed, sealed and delivered I won't bother. There have been players on the verge of joining Spurs only for an a-s-shole team to hijack the deal at the last second.

Chelsea will do it again. :taunt:
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@IAG, the bonus system at Tottenham is renowned for its ample reward of individual accomplishment, in this regard, Levy has done remarkably well. How better to keep players motivated, than to reward their achievments. Those performing well take home a wage comparable with most of their contemporaries and what's more, when it comes to the sale, they're not as hard to move on. Bendtner, Denilson et al are perfect examples of overpaid base wages and the ensuing difficulty that follows when one tries to be rid of dogsh*t paid a small fortune. The best thing for Levy to do is to tell Danny Rose to f*ck off, if they can get 50 million for him, they'd be mad not to cash in. In as much as one believes it imperative to keep an army as strong as possible, 50 is quite simply, 50 million and no fullback in world football is worth that. Not one.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Coach wrote:@IAG, the bonus system at Tottenham is renowned for its ample reward of individual accomplishment, in this regard, Levy has done remarkably well. How better to keep players motivated, than to reward their achievments. Those performing well take home a wage comparable with most of their contemporaries and what's more, when it comes to the sale, they're not as hard to move on. Bendtner, Denilson et al are perfect examples of overpaid base wages and the ensuing difficulty that follows when one tries to be rid of dogsh*t paid a small fortune. The best thing for Levy to do is to tell Danny Rose to f*ck off, if they can get 50 million for him, they'd be mad not to cash in. In as much as one believes it imperative to keep an army as strong as possible, 50 is quite simply, 50 million and no fullback in world football is worth that. Not one.
Rose is a goner and I'm sure that's what he wanted. His pardon is not even skin deep. He committed a cardinal sin by trying to destabilize the club and the team. Players in the past are used to fighting their own battles to engineer a move. Rose behaved like he's the Union rep for the other players. He basically tried to destroy what everyone had worked to achieve during Poch's reign, in one interview.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^But who's courting him? T'is well known he wants to move back North, who beyond Man Utd could afford the fee? Do they need him? Surely not with expensive misfit Luke Shaw still on the books...a swap deal perhaps?