"We Have Been Paying Bribe To Qualify". Ghana Sport Minister

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
"We Have Been Paying Bribe To Qualify". Ghana Sport Minister

Post by Senator WIRES »

:cry:
TFCO, is this true? :lol: :lol:
Former Minister of Youth and Sports, Nii Lante Vanderpuye has indicated that Ghana used to pay bribe to secure World Cup qualifications.

Vanderpuije pointed out that some of the Black Stars players came to him when he was at the helm of affairs to tell him to comply with the paying of money for “Ways and Means” but he objected.

“The national team players were coming to me when I was the minister that I should pay bribe other wise we won’t qualify for the World Cup but I objected,” Vanderpuye told Atinka TV

“The players stressed that paying of bribes is the procedure Ghana have been using to qualify for the World Cup. I knew it was some of the FA officials who sent them because they cannot come themselves and tell me that,”

Vanderpuye continued:” I do not want Ghana football to be banned by FIFA otherwise I will have revealed secrets. Sometime I also choose not to travel with the Black Stars because that is where most of this things take place,”

The Black Stars have qualified for the last three World Cup but faces a difficult task to make it to Russia next year after securing just a point from two games.
https://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/ ... nte-568516
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: "We Have Been Paying Bribe To Qualify". Ghana Sport Mini

Post by pajimoh »

I don't think this is true. Did they pay bribe to perform at the WC too?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

This is definitely disinformation, and should not be encouraged by posting it on any outlet.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

pajimoh wrote:I don't think this is true. Did they pay bribe to perform at the WC too?
What does that have to do with qualifying?

Maybe the countries they cheated out of qualifying would have won the WC.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

joao wrote:This is definitely disinformation, and should not be encouraged by posting it on any outlet.
How do you know that it is definitely disinformation?

The GFA had a "Misc" budget that was widely reported to be used for bribes.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Lante Vanderpuye is as credible as one can be. Interesting article.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Kabalega wrote:
joao wrote:This is definitely disinformation, and should not be encouraged by posting it on any outlet.
How do you know that it is definitely disinformation?

The GFA had a "Misc" budget that was widely reported to be used for bribes.
Ghana is a great african team but igs been long suspected some teams pau money for mstches in Africa :rotf: We know who they are
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Synopsis wrote:Lante Vanderpuye is as credible as one can be. Interesting article.

who did they bribe? TBH, I don't recollect Ghana getting dodgy results to qualify. Cameroon is a different thing though :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Kabalega wrote:
pajimoh wrote:I don't think this is true. Did they pay bribe to perform at the WC too?

Your problem is you've unknowingly or knowingly convinced yourself West African countries must be doing something wrong compared to all those cr@p football countries from your neck of the woods who never seem to qualify. :tic: :twisted:

If Ghana payed bribes to qualify then one can assume they were not the best and hence the bribe. It is also a reasonable assumption that they would be found out eventually, considering the superior oppositions at the WC compared to the qualifiers. They went on to acquit themselves very well.

If any team received bribes from Ghana then I'd be more fearful of those team 'cos they are also capable of receiving bribes from the more prosperous countries attending the WC. I'm sure the bribed are mostly East and Southern African countries. They are just as daft as their fans. :twisted: :taunt:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I guess they paid the Egyptians to be beaten black and blue home and away.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

pajimoh wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Your problem is you've unknowingly or knowingly convinced yourself West African countries must be doing something wrong compared to all those cr@p football countries from your neck of the woods who never seem to qualify. :tic: :twisted:

If Ghana payed bribes to qualify then one can assume they were not the best and hence the bribe. It is also a reasonable assumption that they would be found out eventually, considering the superior oppositions at the WC compared to the qualifiers. They went on to acquit themselves very well.

If any team received bribes from Ghana then I'd be more fearful of those team 'cos they are also capable of receiving bribes from the more prosperous countries attending the WC. I'm sure the bribed are mostly East and Southern African countries. They are just as daft as their fans. :twisted: :taunt:
What yeye reasoning is this?

You should be looking at the teams Ghana cheated out of a slot to the WC.
Those teams could have done better than Ghana at the WC.

Ghana FA got in trouble recently for a MISC budget item of millions of U$D, which turned out to be designated for bribes.

BTW, don't make this an East and Southern Africa vs West issue.

But since you brought it up, how come Naija is not qualifying ever since the government tightened things up a bit?
Curious minds want to know.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

So what? Marseille still played well enough to win the Champions League despite bribery scandal in the domestic league.

It proves nothing.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

theYemster wrote:
So what? Marseille still played well enough to win the Champions League despite bribery scandal in the domestic league.

It proves nothing.
You can find every example under the sun. It doesn't mean it I true. We like to find people guilty and ask them to prove their innocence.

Why don't you review all their qualifying games and tell us who they bribed?

While it is not beyond the stretch of imagination, Ghana has always been one of the better teams in the last decade.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Synopsis wrote:Lante Vanderpuye is as credible as one can be. Interesting article.
Hmm, I hope this information/article is FAKE, else it doesn't look at all for my brothers. Where is Chief Rawlings - by the way?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Chief Rawlings - where are you? Please come and accept or deny this. We need your input quickly
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Senator WIRES wrote::cry:
Former Minister of Youth and Sports, Nii Lante Vanderpuye has indicated that Ghana used to pay bribe to secure World Cup qualifications.

Vanderpuije pointed out that some of the Black Stars players came to him when he was at the helm of affairs to tell him to comply with the paying of money for “Ways and Means” but he objected.
:?

would this be the same players who would then go to the WC and fight the same GFA for unpaid match bonuses?

strange article

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

tfco wrote:
Senator WIRES wrote::cry:

:?

would this be the same players who would then go to the WC and fight the same GFA for unpaid match bonuses?

strange article
my question is, who did Ghana bribe? Hayatou?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Odas wrote:
Hmm, I hope this information/article is FAKE, else it doesn't look at all for my brothers. Where is Chief Rawlings - by the way?
Oga, so we bribed Egypt and they accepted to be hammed 6-1 in Kumasi
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Why are you guys focusing on bribing others teams? The article did not say that.
When bribe is mentioned in football, it is usually bribing officials for soft and fifty fifty calls not opposing teams.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Teams bribe referees, countries do the same. Punters fix matches.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Kabalega wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Ghana FA got in trouble recently for a MISC budget item of millions of U$D, which turned out to be designated for bribes.

But since you brought it up, how come Naija is not qualifying ever since the government tightened things up a bit?
Your bad belle shows you see things in a jealous manner. Nigeria was at the last world cup. Which government tightened things up? Wasn't under the PDP government that spends money like water that we failed to qualify? Any sensible person would have taken it as a sign that with Nigeria, what you see is what you get. But no, those with jealous bones will always see your success as something dodgy.

Funny you don't question other nations in Africa when they qualify. The East and Southern Africa teams and fans have always been jealous of the successes of West African teams.
Your inability to go beyond marathon running and goat herding should not lead to bad belle. We are not jealous of your stipple Chasing skills, let us be.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

pajimoh wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Your bad belle shows you see things in a jealous manner. Nigeria was at the last world cup. Which government tightened things up? Wasn't under the PDP government that spends money like water that we failed to qualify? Any sensible person would have taken it as a sign that with Nigeria, what you see is what you get. But no, those with jealous bones will always see your success as something dodgy.

Funny you don't question other nations in Africa when they qualify. The East and Southern Africa teams and fans have always been jealous of the successes of West African teams.
Your inability to go beyond marathon running and goat herding should not lead to bad belle. We are not jealous of your stipple Chasing skills, let us be.
Low Forex, no Naija. :taunt:
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

Nii Lante Van der Puij, the erratic , by heart talking Dutch man