The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Waffiman »

Granit Xhaka's game by numbers vs. Leicester:

96 passes
6 crosses
5 chances created
4 shots
2 assists

It was not one of his best games.

Aniks my brother. Not bad eh! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Waffiman wrote:Granit Xhaka's game by numbers vs. Leicester:

96 passes
6 crosses
5 chances created
4 shots
2 assists

No mind haters, let us enjoy the good times! :thumbs:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

96 passes
6 crosses
5 chances created
4 shots
2 assists

Spoken like a true Table Soccer Analyst :woot: :woot:

When you get outnjmped by a midget for a goal.

When you prove exactly what I've been saying that you lack the technical ability to handle on ball pressure and cough it up for the second then the less said the better :laugh:

Waffi stick to table soccer :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Robbynice wrote:
Nkume wrote:Relax! Wenger IS in control!
Fact not feelings bro
His subs (Ramsey and Giroud) plus formation and tactical changes (3-4-3 to 4-4-2) (Ox to RB, Bells to LB, Lacazette, inside left, Ozil 10, Theo Wide Right, then Ramsey running into space Izil vacates etc etc) won him the game.

The man was bold and got exactly what he deserved.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

I only watched the last 30 minutes of the Game, I actually thought that this was one of Ozil better games. He ran onto the ball, made himself available constantly, ... etc. We all know the guy doesn't want to defend, but if he actually provides a constant outlet to other players, I would be happy. And I feel that he actually did that yesterday. I'm surprised he got such poor marks. But again, I didn't watch the whole game.
Bepanda
Waffiman wrote: Ozil was excellent. Here is why? When we needed creative spark to get us back on level terms, he provided it. He was so much of a problem, Leicester's Manager asked Ndidi to try and man mark him out of the game he failed. Ozil moved to number 10, he occupied spaces moving with and moving the ball. Ramsey then moved into the spaces he has left. He controlled Arsenal's game for the last 20 minutes esp as we ran out winners.

Xhaka made mistakes but when the chips were down he was also influential. He set up Ramsey for the crucial 3rd goal.

You are just a hater. You are not a football dunce like some here who just dey follow, follow you. :lol: :lol: :lol:
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

bepanda wrote:I only watched the last 30 minutes of the Game, I actually thought that this was one of Ozil better games. He ran onto the ball, made himself available constantly, ... etc. We all know the guy doesn't want to defend, but if he actually provides a constant outlet to other players, I would be happy. And I feel that he actually did that yesterday. I'm surprised he got such poor marks. But again, I didn't watch the whole game.
Bepanda
Waffiman wrote: Ozil was excellent. Here is why? When we needed creative spark to get us back on level terms, he provided it. He was so much of a problem, Leicester's Manager asked Ndidi to try and man mark him out of the game he failed. Ozil moved to number 10, he occupied spaces moving with and moving the ball. Ramsey then moved into the spaces he has left. He controlled Arsenal's game for the last 20 minutes esp as we ran out winners.

Xhaka made mistakes but when the chips were down he was also influential. He set up Ramsey for the crucial 3rd goal.

You are just a hater. You are not a football dunce like some here who just dey follow, follow you. :lol: :lol: :lol:
He was a different player in the last 30 or so once Arsenal switched him directly behind the front 2, he was not very good before then.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

If Arsenal add Van dijk and Nzonzi .... oh well why bother :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I mean ....

CECH

KOS. VVD. MONREAL

HB. NZONZI. OX. SEAD

WELBECK. SANCHEZ

LACAZETTE

Hmmmm just saying but wetin small pikin like me sabi
Last edited by anikulapo on Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

anikulapo wrote:If Arsenal add Van dijk and Nzonzi .... oh well why bother :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
For once I sort of agree with you. We should have bought Van Dijk when he was at Celtic a few years ago. Right now, we are covered at the back. I still expect Mustafi to come good.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

There is a funny story that Ozil has demanded that his agent force a move to Barcelona :lol: :rotf: :rotf: there is a part of me that wishes this was true :rotf:

Again like someone said Ozil and Mahrez might be the only two players to put in a transfer request when no team wants them :woot:

MLK.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

96 passes
6 crosses
5 chances created
4 shots
2 assists

Are you sure? I mean my eyes tell me the same thing but Aniks ratings of the bobo is letting me doubt this stats and most importantly myself... :twisted:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Robbynice wrote:

96 passes
6 crosses
5 chances created
4 shots
2 assists

Are you sure? I mean my eyes tell me the same thing but Aniks ratings of the bobo is letting me doubt this stats and most importantly myself... :twisted:

You dey see Emperors new clothes abi you dey believe fairy tales :mrgreen:

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Why does Petr Cech get a pass consistently ?
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

bepanda wrote:Why does Petr Cech get a pass consistently ?
Do you know the last time he last saved a penalty in the premier league was in 2011. And he has not saved any in an Arsenal shirt 0 for 11... :D

That is by the way. Cech is a good keeper who is on the decline, unfortunately.
Last edited by Cito on Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

anikulapo wrote:If Arsenal add Van dijk and Nzonzi .... oh well why bother :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I mean ....

CECH

KOS. VVD. MONREAL

HB. NZONZI. OX. SEAD

WELBECK. SANCHEZ

LACAZETTE

Hmmmm just saying but wetin small pikin like me sabi
Cech
Mustaffi, Kos, Monreal
Belerin, Ramsey, Xhaka, Kosilinac
Ozil, Lacazette, Sanchez
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^agreed, almost entirely, My Son's spot shouldn't be guaranteed, Oxlade has looked the better fit at wingback. As for Van Dijk, no need, Callum Tony Adams is still on deck, Bobby Holding, Gabriel and then there's Biejlik (likely misspelt) who weighs 5kgs more than last season and has gone up a shoe size. There's enough there to get it done.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

:D ....as expected, afc have called off the pursuit of lemar, and now is concentrating on cutting their wage bill
wastepipes like gibbs, junkinson etc...cannot move to other clubs because their wages are too high......hmmmm
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Gooner1 wrote::D ....as expected, afc have called off the pursuit of lemar, and now is concentrating on cutting their wage bill
wastepipes like gibbs, junkinson etc...cannot move to other clubs because their wages are too high......hmmmm

:( :( :( Na wa!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Who would you get rid of? I would get ride of LeCoq, Walcott, Per, Debouchy, Gibbs, Jenkinson, Wilshere, Diaby, ...
Is Chalmers still with Arsenal?
Gooner1 wrote::D ....as expected, afc have called off the pursuit of lemar, and now is concentrating on cutting their wage bill
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:Who would you get rid of? I would get ride of LeCoq, Walcott, Per, Debouchy, Gibbs, Jenkinson, Wilshere, Diaby, ...

Ozil and Xhacrap for sure :curse:

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

You know Wenger won't get ride of those two. I read Ozil is getting paid big money...
According to reliable sources, Alexis was in Paris today with his agent. It was also confirmed by Arsenal Fan TV.
I don't see how this guy is going to stay at Arsenal. If I were him, I would do the same ...
With all the great goals Arsenal will score this season, their defensive approach to the game is simply wrong. And it starts with the Wenger.
Lacazette this, Giroud that ... scoring goals has never been Arsenal problem. Preventing goals is their main issue... Nothing has changed. Buying 5 more defenders won't change it. It is about philosophy, accountability, and tactics ... Back 3, Back 4, Back 5 ... doesn't matter ... !!!
Bepanda
anikulapo wrote:
bepanda wrote:Who would you get rid of? I would get ride of LeCoq, Walcott, Per, Debouchy, Gibbs, Jenkinson, Wilshere, Diaby, ...

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:There is a funny story that Ozil has demanded that his agent force a move to Barcelona :lol: :rotf: :rotf: there is a part of me that wishes this was true :rotf:

Again like someone said Ozil and Mahrez might be the only two players to put in a transfer request when no team wants them :woot:

If ozil's name was in the mix, you'll know - feels like an agent trying to talk his client into the Barca dance - got luv for dude but on the real his name ain't on that Catalan playlist right now.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

bepanda wrote:You know Wenger won't get ride of those two. I read Ozil is getting paid big money...
According to reliable sources, Alexis was in Paris today with his agent. It was also confirmed by Arsenal Fan TV.
I don't see how this guy is going to stay at Arsenal. If I were him, I would do the same ...
With all the great goals Arsenal will score this season, their defensive approach to the game is simply wrong. And it starts with the Wenger.
Lacazette this, Giroud that ... scoring goals has never been Arsenal problem. Preventing goals is their main issue... Nothing has changed. Buying 5 more defenders won't change it. It is about philosophy, accountability, and tactics ... Back 3, Back 4, Back 5 ... doesn't matter ... !!!
Bepanda
anikulapo wrote:

Going to Paris doesn't equal new move - it's getting ridiculous.
It takes 3 parties to make a deal - look at Barca/Liverpool & Barca/Dortmund.....highstakes...Alexis can't even talk to PSG 'till Jan.,
.... Lethal Bizzle who started this new rumour ain't convincing - dude's on his way to Paris & looked 'nervous'.... common people.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Pretty unambitious stance by the club - we've always known we'd players to get rid off, we also know to a man they'll want the full value of their contracts but lean back & end up in the same place every season.