NIGERIAN GOALKEEPERS: WHAT I SAW SO FAR!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: NIGERIAN GOALKEEPERS: WHAT I SAW SO FAR!

Post by truetalk »

Damunk wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Why are you laughing? His analysis was spot on.

I have no idea why Sam Okoye faded out.

As good as Vince has been, he has cost us several times. He got better with reducing the mistakes as he got older, but he is still a mixed bag of outstanding saves and fundamental mistakes in key matches. (He had some bad ones in a recent CAN qualifier away to add to vs Angola WCQ, vs Korea 2010, vs France 2014 and a few other matches I can't place). I'm not talking losing matches here, I'm, talking fundamental mistakes.

Having said that, Vince put together the best performance by a Nigerian keeper in a tournament in CAN 2013. Tops Rufai's efforts in CAN 84 & 88.

Sunday Rotimi is still starting for the Nigerian Champions, Rivers United. Even though, we have learned that Stanley Eguma might have no clue or concerns about his actions at Rivers United, Rotimi is keeping Femi Thomas, who might just be the best keeper in the domestic league, on the bench, most of the time.

Etafia was horrible, just like Akpeyi, but even smaller. Looks like some super agent has developed a specialty in taking middle to bottom of the barrel NPFL keepers to South Africa and getting them a soft landing there.

Ejide has gone on to have a long decent career, but I don't think anyone on the forum (may AyoAkinfe?) has seriously clamored for him to be the undisputed SE No. 1
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

truetalk abeg sharap, Vince is the best, which goalie doesn't make mistakes?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

truetalk wrote:

As good as Vince has been, he has cost us several times. He got better with reducing the mistakes as he got older, but he is still a mixed bag of outstanding saves and fundamental mistakes in key matches. (He had some bad ones in a recent CAN qualifier away to add to vs Angola WCQ, vs Korea 2010, vs France 2014 and a few other matches I can't place). I'm not talking losing matches here, I'm, talking fundamental mistakes.

Having said that, Vince put together the best performance by a Nigerian keeper in a tournament in CAN 2013. Tops Rufai's efforts in CAN 84 & 88.

Sunday Rotimi is still starting for the Nigerian Champions, Rivers United. Even though, we have learned that Stanley Eguma might have no clue or concerns about his actions at Rivers United, Rotimi is keeping Femi Thomas, who might just be the best keeper in the domestic league, on the bench, most of the time.

Etafia was horrible, just like Akpeyi, but even smaller. Looks like some super agent has developed a specialty in taking middle to bottom of the barrel NPFL keepers to South Africa and getting them a soft landing there.

Ejide has gone on to have a long decent career, but I don't think anyone on the forum (may AyoAkinfe?) has seriously clamored for him to be the undisputed SE No. 1
I think Sam Okoye passed away a few years back.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

wiseone wrote:Don't even bring Enyeama's name into this. He is the worst GK I have ever seen play for Nigeria.

What about Murphy Akanji?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re:

Post by The YeyeMan »

wiseone wrote:Don't even bring Enyeama's name into this. He is the worst GK I have ever seen play for Nigeria.

What about Murphy Akanji?
:lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

truetalk wrote:

I think Sam Okoye passed away a few years back.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

truetalk wrote:

Balanced analysis. :agree:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Enugu II wrote:Bump. Hindsight na real wahala. See how Vince dey for person eye.
EII, did someone find your trouble? Haba, you wicked o.

PS: Anyway, I am just here to make sure nothing hits the fan. As nothing did, let me come and be going ....
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.