Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by wiseone »

Good to see the youngsters go out on loan:

TFM: Crystal Palace
Regan Poole: Northampton Town
Cameron Borthwick-Jackson: Leeds
Sam Johnstone: Aston Villa

I hope they get regular game time. Tuanzebe should go out on loan too (he might be the best of the bunch). Ditto Joe Riley.
TFM going to Palace makes sense - because he will play under a Dutch manager whom he has played under before (at Ajax).
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Man Utd about to shell 40 million for Bailly

Post by danfo driver »

Brother Eric, just wanted to greet you o! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

TXJoke,

Any news on Umpity Dumpity?

Kaii! Benzema is wicked. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:True he has potential. But the truth is, there are many like him. I see parallels with Omeruo for instance, difference being he had greater profile playing in La Liga. Thing is this kind of money puts undue pressure on young players, and can constrain their development if not handled correctly....

This is the kind of race I'm hoping Klopp can help LFC avoid. Imagine Batra going to Dortmund for 8m and Bailly speculated for 40m!

Waffiman wrote:Raw with potential. The money is just about EPL clubs and having serious funds.
txj wrote:Bailly is an above average talent and can be coached up; a little bit like Taribo West...but he's not a top CB talent...
Tends to lunge into tackles, has difficulty reading the game sometimes, but is quite strong aerially and can play the ball out of defence. Bit of a surprise they have gone for him tbh....

YUJAM wrote:You are the only one making this a racial issue. The pt is EPL teams are paying too much for players these days whether they are black or white. Villarreal paid around 5 million for Bailly two seasons ago when he came up through the Espanyol youth ranks
danfo driver wrote:
kajifu wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Yes, spending 19 millón pounds on an African is too much. spending 33 million pounds on a Swiss cheese and 22 million pounds on a 29 year old British man is shrewd business. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Guardiola is going to pay 39 million pounds for laporte. But because laporte is a white boy, The inferior natives have no problem with it. But an African costing 19 million pounds is drama :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Lol
You no see how colomentality be? This same man United and Mourinho were talking with everton regarding 40m pounds John Stones, The natives said nothing. Man United and Mourinho were talking to Roma about 31m pounds Manolas, the inferior minded natives said nothing. :rotf: :rotf:

But as soon as United wants to pay 19m pounds for an African, the World has ended. Truly, Africans deserve all the pain they get. Colomental things. :curse:
Yes, avoided Bailly and was begging to pay 60 million for Virgil Van Dijk :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Raw with potential. The money is just about EPL clubs and having serious funds.
Like the worthless Chambers that your husband paid 16 million pounds for, and has been humiliated time and time again by every tom d#$% and harry? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Or the mental midget, Gabriel, who came from the same club and has been found out to be a waste of money after being rubbished by Diego Costa and the rest of the league? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

When you speak about wasting money on pile of poop, an Arsenal fan is best required to sit down and be quiet! Your club throws money around on players who end up winning nothing! 42 million pounds on Ozil and you cant win a league! Sanchez came for more than 35 million pounds and the best thing he has done is to expose his hairless chest! Then you have the waste of money Cech who has cost you points over and over again. or is it Deboochi, a 30 year old you spent 10 million on so he can come in and play for 2 matches? Or should I go ahead and mention the 16 million pounds you have wasted on headless chicken legs, Welbeck, who will end this season playing U-21 football? or is it mertersacker? for whom the less said, the better? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Please sitdown!
Where is Gabriel today? :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Eric Bailly interview: 'I looked after phone boxes for money but others had it worse'

James Ducker
17 AUGUST 2017 • 10:30PM
It has been a meteoric rise from minding phone boxes for loose change in his native Ivory Coast to establishing himself as the defensive bedrock of a Manchester United side with serious designs on the Premier League title but Eric Bailly cannot understand the fuss when asked to reflect on a life less ordinary. Bailly had not long entered his teenage years when he ended his studies to become the manager of a telephone box in Abidjan, the capital of Ivory Coast. Each day, he would empty out the change, earning a pittance in the process, before going for trials with other hopefuls as he pursued his dream of becoming a professional footballer.

“In Africa, there are people that live in much more difficult situations but, yes, as a child I started working,” Bailly recalled. “I’ve had luck with my father’s help but I also had to work. I had a program after training in the afternoon in which I would go in front of my house to do various things and the phone boxes was something I did to earn some money and to resolve some of my issues. I cannot always rely on my parents. They’ve always tried to help me, but I had to do something to be able to get what I wanted.”

Bailly’s importance to United’s ambitions this season is hard to overstate. With Jose Mourinho holding back Victor Lindelof in the belief United’s latest £30 million defensive recruit needs more time to settle following a summer move from Benfica, Marcos Rojo out injured until Christmas, Chris Smalling out of favour and Phil Jones hoping to stay injury free, Bailly has become his team’s leader and lynchpin at the back.
When a recent conversation with a player from one of United’s title rivals turned to Bailly, the admiration for the 23-year-old was immediately apparent. Fast, aggressive, physically and technically strong and generally unpleasant to play against was a verdict that will chime with United fans who believe Mourinho has unearthed another Jaap Stam in the making.

There is still a raw streak for Mourinho to iron out and Bailly’s temper got the better of him when he was sent off in the second leg of United’s Europa League semi-final victory over Celta Vigo last season but the tools are there. From Jorge Costa at Porto and John Terry at Chelsea to Walter Samuel at Inter and Pepe at Real Madrid, Mourinho has always favoured a warrior and Bailly is determined to follow in their footsteps.

“They are big players which you have to have a lot of respect for,” he said. “You always have to have an example like them to try to be like them. I’ve got the luck of having Jose Mourinho to learn from.”
Bailly actually grew up dreaming of being the next Didier Drogba, the former Ivory Coast striker who rose to prominence under Mourinho at Chelsea, before the player realised his future was as a defender and began studying Real’s Sergio Ramos, yet another of Mourinho’s former players. “I would try to play as a striker even though I wasn’t but once I started growing up and saw that professional football was a step closer I watched Sergio Ramos a lot,” he says.

While Lindelof will need time, Bailly made the transition to the Premier League look easy in the wake of his £30.4 million move from Villarreal last summer. “For me it wasn’t difficult because I had very good teammates,” said Bailly, whose younger brother, Arturo, lives with him in Manchester. “It’s a dressing room that is like family. The adaptation has been very easy because of that.”

That is all the more remarkable considering Bailly had not played a proper competitive game of 11-a-side football until as recently as five years ago but the switch to United was probably less daunting, in many respects, than leaving his family behind in Abidjan to move to Spain at 16. He had been spotted at a specially convened training camp for promising young Africans in Burkina Faso but it was two years before he could play competitive games for Espanyol owing to paperwork issues surrounding non-EU nationals in Spain.
“It was very hard leaving the people I was very close to,” Bailly said. “But you also have to value opportunities that come. I had a strong mindset to withstand that and come alone to Spain.”

Espanyol knew they were on to a winner when Bailly excelled against Barcelona’s Lionel Messi on only his third start for the club, and after a strong showing at the Africa Cup of Nations for a victorious Ivory Coast squad a couple of months later, Villarreal pounced. One of the games that is thought to have convinced Mourinho that Bailly was a talent worth taking was Villarreal’s 1-0 victory over Real in December 2015, when he played right back and marked Cristiano Ronaldo out of the game.

It was Bailly whose character was frequently cited by Mourinho as an example to team-mates last season, and while much of the focus was on the midfield and attack after a slick 4-0 opening day victory against West Ham, the manager knows his best defender will be as important as anyone this term. Swansea are up next and Bailly has high hopes for the campaign.

“Now it’s time to give Manchester United its value again,” he said. “I think that with all the hard work we’re putting in we are going to demonstrate that we are again a world class team.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... had-worse/
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Chairman Bailly! :clap: :clap: :clap:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The Ivorian Oloye :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Week 1 - 1st
Week 2 - 1st

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Powerful Pogba and unintelligent Lukaku

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/powerf ... nt-lukaku/
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Zlatan has signed a one year deal with United. He takes Rooney's #10
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tfco wrote:Week 1 - 1st
Week 2 - 1st

The more I see what's going on at United the stupidity of the other clubs and their lack of clarity is even more glaring. Even a blind man or our resident dumb arses here could see exactly what Jose is constructing here and I said at the beginning of preseason.

Others will be squabbling and arguing over nonsense and making excuses while these guys draw up a clear plan and ruthlessly execute it... smh... that said, y'all haven't been tested yet :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Chei.. lord Zlatan oh..
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Not sure if Man Utd need him at this point. He is a very good player, but the team has to change its style, tempo, and shape to incorporate him.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Another masterful performance from the Ivorian Oloye. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jaime Vardy must be terrified at the sight of him. :rotf: :rotf:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Danfo get off the Internet go out and breath fresh air
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Danfo get off the Internet go out and breath fresh air
i assume you mean breathe?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Seems nobody can go past Bailly
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

This guy is one amazing defender. Damned unflappable.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

He and Jonesy remind me of old school defensive partnership (block, tackle, head it - put in row Z when the need arises). No faffing about trying to play 2 yard square passes inside your own area. If in doubt - put your foot through it.