Funny How ...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Funny How ...

Post by 1naija »

No one is talking about Uyo stadium being cursed.
No one is talking about Enyeama unretiring
No one is talking about how horrible Pinnik is

Add yours
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Funny How ...

Post by Tbite »

Pinnick is terrible, but I like his decision to stick to Uyo.

Enyeama is our best Keeper, but Ezenwa has potential.

The Uyo Stadium was never cursed, illiterates were busy spewing their rubbish. South South (Apart from the Rain), is one of the best places in Nigeria to host the SE.

Although Lagos would still be the best option and in the future, we will HAVE TO build that 65,000 plus stadium. It is a MUST.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Tbite wrote:Pinnick is terrible, but I like his decision to stick to Uyo.

The Uyo Stadium was never cursed, illiterates were busy spewing their rubbish. South South (Apart from the Rain), is one of the best places in Nigeria to host the SE.

Although Lagos would still be the best option and in the future, we will HAVE TO build that 65,000 plus stadium. It is a MUST.
This performance happened inspite of Pinnick not because of him.

Too early about Ezenwa cos the team played well as a whole. We'll know more as time goes on. But he did well on the day.

The course nonsense was typical Nigerians. Many thankfully didn't put a lot of stock to it.

Lagos needs a national stadium. If they don't wanna rebuild the one in Surulere then maybe they should consider building a new one on Badagry, Ikorodu or Lekki/Epe. The Teslim Balogun stadium in my opinion should be converted into a multi-complex arena like the O2 Arena so the basketball league can use it.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

There were people calling for Rohr's sack after the loss to SA even with the impossibly short timescales involved. It's always gonna be like that with knee-jerk fans. It's a good thing we have some level headed people in charge focused on the long game instead of making knee-jerk decisions.

Let's enjoy this win.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

No one is taking about home based coaches. :) :)
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Maybe because we are still celebrating a grest victory? Pinnick is horrible. We do not give home based coaches the same opportunities as we give the foreign coaches. There I said it...It is not Rohr's fault though. He is doing the job he was appointed to do.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

The playing surface in Uyo is of a good standard anywhere else in Nigeria would have favoured Cameroon as for Enyeama he couldn't have played anyway and he Ezenwa deserved a chance after what that clown did (supposedly injured) did in the South Africa game and Pinnick can't take the credit for this result!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

1naija wrote:No one is talking about Uyo stadium being cursed.

Add yours
I disagree with your third point. Pinnink is very horrible and incompetent and that is a fact.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Losing to SA was a good reason to fire Rohr..however nah worldcup naija folks dem care about...so going forward any single loss, I will shout fire the coach..because it sounds good
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

osita wrote:

Add yours
I disagree with your third point. Pinnink is very horrible and incompetent and that is a fact.
I disagree with you, Pinnick is the most successful NFF chairman from behind...
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Add yours
No-one is talking about fake injuries. :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

The truth is that we don't have great players so if one or two of our star men are missing then anybody can beat us. We all see the difference Mikel, Moses, Balogun and even Ighalo made. Without them, the drop-off is too much to overcome.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Damunk wrote:

Add yours
No-one is talking about fake injuries. :lol:
No one is talking about Rohr.
Not even a simple pat on the back.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

airwolex wrote:The truth is that we don't have great players so if one or two of our star men are missing then anybody can beat us. We all see the difference Mikel, Moses, Balogun and even Ighalo made. Without them, the drop-off is too much to overcome.

That is why we need a coach that can select the best players all day without bias, football is all the quality of the players. So when a coach ignores quality the result is obvious like the game against SA
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

airwolex wrote:The truth is that we don't have great players so if one or two of our star men are missing then anybody can beat us. We all see the difference Mikel, Moses, Balogun and even Ighalo made. Without them, the drop-off is too much to overcome.
A lot of national teams are like that, always a bunch of average to promising sprinkling of young players clinging to the leadership and alpha quality of a select nucleus of star players(mostly experienced) for leadership. We saw the massive drop off in quality when we paraded mostly inexperienced players against a more experienced South African team...and the few experienced but "no so elite" players like Echejilie and Onazi could not make their much needed leadership count, see the difference today with the return of the big boys...then you look at teams like France and Germany with their depth and just wish your team had such abundance of quality.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Tbite wrote:Pinnick is terrible, but I like his decision to stick to Uyo.

Kpom!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

1naija wrote:No one is talking about Uyo stadium being cursed...the stadium pitch was scuffed some parts, but seems the player studied it, grounds keepers did great work.
No one is talking about Enyeama unretiring...weda na him dey for post or not the result for be de same. He is more commanding and focused.
No one is talking about how horrible Pinnik is...he was lucky the guys poured their hearts out to win. I saw him glowing on tv, yeah give him some props because our criticism got to him.

Add yours
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:
A lot of national teams are like that, always a bunch of average to promising sprinkling of young players clinging to the leadership and alpha quality of a select nucleus of star players(mostly experienced) for leadership. We saw the massive drop off in quality when we paraded mostly inexperienced players against a more experienced South African team...and the few experienced but "no so elite" players like Echejilie and Onazi could not make their much needed leadership count, see the difference today with the return of the big boys...then you look at teams like France and Germany with their depth and just wish your team had such abundance of quality.
Exactly. It's what we see for example in the Carlings Cup when a bunch of young players is brought in without the biggest stars of the team and then struggle with teams a division or two below them.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "