THE RUSH FOR RUSSIA: THE 2018 WC ROLL CALL

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
THE RUSH FOR RUSSIA: THE 2018 WC ROLL CALL

Post by anointed »

Russia
Brazil
Iran
all through before this window

Japan qualified on Thursday after beating Australia 2-0.
Last edited by anointed on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Japan, Mexico, Iran and Brazil have qualified

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Read more: https://goo.gl/LKed3f

A victory in Yaounde on Monday and we join them. For me, this is simply a task that must be done. Get this out of the way and then focus on the 2019 African Cup of Nations qualifiers.

It would be tantamount to throwing away this victory by not securing maximum points on Monday. We are on a roll and they are on the back foot, so time to press ahead full steam.
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
kbt
Egg
Egg
Re: Japa, Mexico, Iran and Brazil have qualified

Post by kbt »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Read more: https://goo.gl/LKed3f

A victory in Yaounde on Monday and we join them. For me, this is simply a task that must be done. Get this out of the way and then focus on the 2019 African Cup of Nations qualifiers.

It would be tantamount to throwing away this victory by not securing maximum points on Monday. We are on a roll and they are on the back foot, so time to press ahead full steam.
Only guaranteed if it is a draw in the Algeria game today.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

kbt wrote:

KPAM! :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Odas wrote:
kbt wrote:

With Algeria out and Zambia the game after Cameroon we only have to wait a little while longer.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Odas wrote:
kbt wrote:

With Algeria out and Zambia the game after Cameroon we only have to wait a little while longer.
Algeria isn't out...yet.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: RUSSIA 2018 COUNTRY ROLL CALL

Post by anointed »

Latest country through is Mexico after their 1-0 defeat of Panama

http://www.goal.com/en-in/news/mexico-q ... objnhwkk87
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

It wasn't just about today's game, the two are meeting again

If Algeria cancels out Zambia with a win then Zambia can only get a maximum of 10 points.

If Zambia draws, they get a maximum of 11 points.

Which means a win in Yaounde will end matters! Even the 3 points that Algeria could gain would mean nothing, that would put them on course for a maximum of 10 points, but we would have 12!

Zambia must win in Algeria, a difficult task. Winning in North Africa is always difficult.

Nigeria's chance of qualifying in September is still very much alive. We could use the last two games as friendlies, since Pinnick is so bad at organizing friendlies.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

So it's

Russia
Brazil
Iran
Japan
Mexico

through to Russia
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

anointed wrote:So it's

Russia
Brazil
Iran
Japan
Mexico
Ghana

through to Russia
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

The betting question should be " who would be the first country in Africa to qualify?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Chief Bambostic
Egg
Egg

Post by Chief Bambostic »

pajimoh wrote:The betting question should be " who would be the first country in Africa to qualify?
Nigeria will qualify on Tuesday...
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Chief Bambostic wrote:
pajimoh wrote:The betting question should be " who would be the first country in Africa to qualify?
Nigeria will qualify on Tuesday...
God willing. :thumbs: :thumb: And He Wills it
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] Zambia beat Algeria 3-1 to put themselves in second with four points
[2] Zambia can now only get a maximum of 13 points
[3] Cameroon can now only get a maximum of 11 points
[4] Algeria can now only get a maximum of 10 points
[5] If we beat Cameroon in Yaounde we will be on 12 points with two matches to spare
[6] That will automatically knock Cameroon out as they will then only be able to get maximum of eight points
[7] It will also automatically knock Algeria out
[8] If Algeria beats Zambia, the Copper Bullets will only be able to get a maximum of 10 points
[9] If Algeria and Zambia draw in Algiers, Zambia will only be able to get a maximum of 11 points
[10] Essentially, if we beat Cameroon in Yaounde, the only threat will be from Zambia if they manage a win in Algiers. Zambia essentially have to beat both Algeria and Nigeria away to stand any chance of qualifying.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

kbt wrote:

Forget about the other fixture. Ayo is on point. Win away and we're in. That's the only way our boys should approach it.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

anointed wrote:So it's

Russia
Brazil
Iran
Japan
Mexico
Belgium

through to Russia
All 6 were in Brazil 2014...... so nothing new here
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Yeah, Belgium through
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

Guys, lets not count hens before the egg has hatched
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

The real deal wrote:Guys, lets not count hens before the egg has hatched
Maybe, you need to count on your abacus to get the thread drift.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

anointed wrote:
The real deal wrote:Guys, lets not count hens before the egg has hatched
Maybe, you need to count on your abacus to get the thread drift.
I mean...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Russia
Brazil
Iran
Japan
Mexico
Belgium

through to Russia
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

This is easy....
add Germany, Italy, England, Tunisia, CIV, e.t.c....
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Kabalega wrote:This is easy....
add Germany, Italy, England, Tunisia, CIV, e.t.c....
Dude, Italy is second in their group behind Spain. Tunisia? Really? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: