SE NEED NWAKALI TO DEVELOPE FAST

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
SE NEED NWAKALI TO DEVELOPE FAST

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Without Mikel we have no other MF that can pull the strings and make up lay from deep. Much respect to Onazi,Ndidi and etebo but they just don't have the ball playing instincts nwakali has shown in the past. I know Rohr will be monitoring NWAKALI and J obi, we need a mf that can thread a pass from me in the absence of mikel.

All a work in progress but our mf is almost there, we have the players we just needs to integrate them into the team. It also seems like Agu has taken john ogu's place in the pecking order. I don't know why.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Re: SE NEED NWAKALI TO DEVELOPE FAST

Post by Otitokoro »

Goodness me!
Why do you guys like to overhype this kid? His feat was in the U17 tournament and he ain't done nothing significant since then.

Also, its pretty obvious that Mikel Agu is a better player when compared to John Ogu - that's why he is ahead in the pecking order. .
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Without Mikel we have no other MF that can pull the strings and make up lay from deep. Much respect to Onazi,Ndidi and etebo but they just don't have the ball playing instincts nwakali has shown in the past. I know Rohr will be monitoring NWAKALI and J obi, we need a mf that can thread a pass from me in the absence of mikel.

All a work in progress but our mf is almost there, we have the players we just needs to integrate them into the team. It also seems like Agu has taken john ogu's place in the pecking order. I don't know why.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Agu is hopeless offensively
We need an alternative to Mikel who as it stands cannot play a full 90 mins in the AM position
We need Etebo or as suggested Nwakali to develop in that role fast
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Kelechi Nwakali is definitely an option though I admit that I haven't seen him play in a while.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Has Nwakali even played for VVV yet ?

To be considered he needs to be playing regularly for VVV and making an impact as for now in terms of creative midfielders after Mikel.

Alex Iwobi - I still think he can be very effective in this role

Joel Obi - can score and pass, also offers a lot of hustle and gets into tackles

Raheem Lawal - a poor mans' Mikel. Passing range is very good, he needs to be looked at again. He did very well in his last game for SE, the friendly against Luxembourg

Sone Aluko - another decent option

These 4 are all way above Nwakali at the moment
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Kelechi Nwakali needs to be intergrated into the SE team before the WC. He is the best midfielder under 21 we currently have.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

vancity eagle wrote:Has Nwakali even played for VVV yet ?

To be considered he needs to be playing regularly for VVV and making an impact as for now in terms of creative midfielders after Mikel.

Joel Obi - can score and pass, also offers a lot of hustle and gets into tackles

Raheem Lawal - a poor mans' Mikel. Passing range is very good, he needs to be looked at again. He did very well in his last game for SE, the friendly against Luxembourg

Damn I forgot about Iwobi and Aluko.
You are absolutely right those two are better bets than Nwakali at present
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Why??
He ain't done nothing since the U17.
ogasir wrote:Kelechi Nwakali needs to be intergrated into the SE team before the WC. He is the best midfielder under 21 we currently have.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Otitokoro wrote:Why??
ogasir wrote:Kelechi Nwakali needs to be intergrated into the SE team before the WC. He is the best midfielder under 21 we currently have.
Which other ball playing midfielder do you suggest?

Kelechi is actually good enough if they will be brave enough to at least invite him. Watching the two games with Mikel yet again showed why he is a special player. He makes everyone around him look better. Even the on field coaching he does brings value... the only way you get the ball from him is by fouling him.

Wish we had qualified for U21 WC so that Kelechi's development will continue. We need a good deputy for Mikel. Scary how we look very ordinary without him.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

You are right, he has not done anything since the U17. He has been hanging out in his village in Owerri since 2015, its not like he was a 18 yr old starting for his Dutch team in his first ever season as a professional footballer.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Another midfielder Rohr should take a look at is Azubuike Okechuku. Dude was a beast at the Olympics.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cellular wrote:
Which other ball playing midfielder do you suggest?

Kelechi is actually good enough if they will be brave enough to at least invite him. Watching the two games with Mikel yet again showed why he is a special player. He makes everyone around him look better. Even the on field coaching he does brings value... the only way you get the ball from him is by fouling him.

Wish we had qualified for U21 WC so that Kelechi's development will continue. We need a good deputy for Mikel. Scary how we look very ordinary without him.
Spot on my bro.

Kelechi and Iwobi are the two real top class options we have for this role.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Kelechi needs a full season under his belt in the top flight... good prospect for the future but the WC may have come a bit too early..
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Mr Shows wrote:Kelechi needs a full season under his belt in the top flight... good prospect for the future but the WC may have come a bit too early..
He just completed a full season and is confirmed at a new club for this season. If he performs like he did last season. He will get his chance.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

While personally I would not call for Nwakali to be rushed onto the SE, but...
He has done MUCH MORE than Osimhen (who Rohr seems eager to incorporate into the SE) since the U17.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

vancity eagle wrote:Has Nwakali even played for VVV yet ?

Venlo has not played any games since Kelechi arrived on deadline day...
However, he will likely play regularly at Venlo (though would have preferred if he had chosen Basel instead).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

We have Kelechi Iheanacho.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Synopsis wrote:We have Kelechi Iheanacho.
huh? :???: :???:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Ironically, Mikel had played much less football than Kelechi at 18, when he was included in the SE squad for the 2006 ANC in Egypt where he played 4 out of 6 games. The young man, K Nwakali, is a special talent no doubt and as such should be given an opportunity once the ticket is hopefully locked up.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

we need to start grooming a creative mid and FAST cause Mikel is all we got right now, is Iwobi ready to take over that role remains the big question
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Cellular wrote:
Synopsis wrote:We have Kelechi Iheanacho.
huh? :???: :???:
We were playing good football when Iheanacho played as a #10.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Sone Aluko is definitely a player with quality needed in SE. The guy is good ooo. Forget that he plays in the Championship. Some players in the EPL are not EPL material while some in the Championship are certainly EPL material. Aluko falls in the latter
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

highbury wrote:Sone Aluko is definitely a player with quality needed in SE. The guy is good ooo. Forget that he plays in the Championship. Some players in the EPL are not EPL material while some in the Championship are certainly EPL material. Aluko falls in the latter
Yea definitely like his game, never disappointed in GWG :thumbs:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!