CHAMPIONS LEAGUE MATCHDAY #2

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE MATCHDAY #2

Post by pajimoh »

toyin133 wrote:Full time 3-1
Thank you Jesus. No Alli and Jan for the next game. No problem, God is in control.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

pajimoh wrote:
toyin133 wrote:Full time 3-1
Thank you Jesus. No Alli and Jan for the next game. No problem, God is in control.
Next game is against Appoel?
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Cristao II wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
toyin133 wrote:red card for Vertonghen
So he's now going to miss 3 games? Why do we keep shooting ourselves in the nuts, others shoot their foot? :shock: I don tire for this Spurs sef
1 game. That was no way a red card!! It was an accidental swing that hit Gotze.

It was debatable for sure. I wouldn't have given red, yellow at the most. The ref probably felt Vertonghen knew what he was doing.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

analyzer wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
analyzer wrote:
platinum wrote:
anointed wrote:2-2 Correa

22 attempts to 3 comin to bear
:scared: :scared: :scared: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

22 attempts to 3?! Who get 22? Sevilla????
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pool have had 22 attempts on goal so far. While one can blame poor finishing, there is no excuse for conceding 2 goals from 3 attempts given to your opponent. Pool no sabi close leg.. IMO, defense remains their Achilles heel. It is just ridiculous at this point..
Where's txj to argue say Dem give up after going a man down? :rotf:
Nahh. In this scenario, he will blame the attack for not finishing chances.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is not mutually exclusive.

Lovren is a turducking...
Last edited by txj on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Spurs can win this group if the keep it tied against real who will drop points against Dortmund.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Looks like it was 2 yellows for Jan. If so that is fair.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

That Sissokko run was just :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

So klopp flops again ??? Cheiii Liverpool fans are fuming ohhh :woot: :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Highlight for me was seeing the look on the Ox on the sidelines ready to come into the game with five seconds left to play :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: IDIOTA :woot: :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Don't hate a man for trading up.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

The YeyeMan wrote:Don't hate a man for trading up.

:rotf:

MLK.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Tx, watching Sevilla's second and can't help but get that 3 vs Watford, 5 vs City feeling. Needless to say, Brendan Kloppgers has indeed sorted the defence. Sans the derogatory that casually falls from mouth in the wake of another Liverpudlian defensive masterclass, if one could kindly share wise words on the whereabouts of Liverpool's defence. Thanks.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

At long last the talk of Wembley Hoodoo will come off our back. A performance like this was long coming and I am glad it has come to pass. I missed all of the first half and a chunk of the second but from the little I saw it was a clinical and professional job all round. Spurs ought to have scored 2 or 3 more in the second with the comical way Dortmund was defending high up. Son, Kane, Alderweireld and Sissoko all missed golden opportunities to add to the tally. This performance gives me confidence that we can go to Germany and get a result there.

Shame with the red card to Jan but not too bad that it was given almost end of the match and will be missing the away trip to Apoel and not RM instead.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

A Swiss international who has already been discussed on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=280774&hilit=manuel+akanji&start=0
balo wrote:Who is the Akanji that played for Basel?