ONYEKURU AND AJAGUN HANG

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
ONYEKURU AND AJAGUN HANG

Post by Gotti »

In the Belgian league game today between Kortrijk (at home) and Anderlecht, which ended in a 2-2 draw...
Ajagun tied the scores at 1-1 for Kortrijk, while Onyekuru (who came on about the 65th min) tied it at 2-2 for Anderlecht.
Last edited by Gotti on Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ONYEKURU AND AJAGUN HANG

Post by Gotti »

Meanwhile, Awaziem is back in the starting lineup today for Nantes - and playing at CB....
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

:clap:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

That's 3 goals in 2 games for onyekuru and he's still on the bench. Hes the highest goal scorer for Anderlecht but the rubbish coach is still playing that big striker ahead of him.
OCCUPY NFF!!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

The way I see before long Awaziem will be the mainstay of Super Eagles defense
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Awaziem with the assist for the lone Nantes goal.

As for Kortrijk and Anderlecht - Ajagun and Onyekuru with a goal, but its Ajagun's assist on the second goal that is worth special notice. What a pass! (Talking about world class passes - check out Naby Keita's pass for Augustin's debut goal vs Borussia today; Naby Keita might just be the best DM in the world).

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

bully12 wrote:The way I see before long Awaziem will be the mainstay of Super Eagles defense
How So?
OCCUPY NFF!!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
bully12 wrote:The way I see before long Awaziem will be the mainstay of Super Eagles defense
How So?
How many 19 year old Nigerians do you see playing in the first team of a top 5 league?
It's early days, but save for the unwarranted red card Awaziem received, he's had one assist and only conceeded one goal during the 240 minutes he's been on the field.

All in all nice to see both him and Troost Ekong doing well at their clubs.

BTW Even Balogun, despite losing 4:0 to Bayern, got very high rating on Whoscored for todays performance.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

We just need a 4th CD to complete the quartet needed in a squad. I am happy for Awaziem, he ticks all the right boxes, i.e. good in the air, strong in the tackle, reads the game and passes the ball out of defence. Liverpool have him on their radar and have been monitoring his progress.
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Dammy wrote:We just need a 4th CD to complete the quartet needed in a squad. I am happy for Awaziem, he ticks all the right boxes, i.e. good in the air, strong in the tackle, reads the game and passes the ball out of defence. Liverpool have him on their radar and have been monitoring his progress.
Omeruo is better than Otigba by far
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote:We just need a 4th CD to complete the quartet needed in a squad. I am happy for Awaziem, he ticks all the right boxes, i.e. good in the air, strong in the tackle, reads the game and passes the ball out of defence. Liverpool have him on their radar and have been monitoring his progress.
TBH, I had paid little attention to the guy (Awaziem) until the south African game. In that game, in spite of few errors, I was impressed and I believe he is one for the future. Right now he is better than any of our CDs in bringing the ball out of the defense with a pass.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Udokhai is a starter for Wolfsburg! Why arent we hearing any clamour for him? Is he one of those who want to wait for Germany?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote:

Udokhai is a starter for Wolfsburg! Why arent we hearing any clamour for him? Is he one of those who want to wait for Germany?

Yes! The guy has never even been to Nigeria.
OCCUPY NFF!!
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

[/video]
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

danfo driver wrote:

At 1860 Munich, they called him the next great thing. Seems to be on course for a German call up :!:

Cheers.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:That's 3 goals in 2 games for onyekuru and he's still on the bench. Hes the highest goal scorer for Anderlecht but the rubbish coach is still playing that big striker ahead of him.
Maybe coming off the bench might be the reason why he's the highest goal scorer hmm?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

i have written about Ajagun a few times on the forum. In my view, he should be the AM competing and relieving Mikel. Very intelligent player, goalscoring midfielder.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

No he shouldn't. Iwobi is the rightful successor for JOM
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

john12 wrote:No he shouldn't. Iwobi is the rightful successor for JOM
May the best man win. All the better for Naija.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

There is only one natural successor and thats Kelechi Nwakali.
I expect him to start from the next game, he has been that good when coming on.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I watched this game. Very happy for both players. Their game needs refinement though and they need to leave Belgium to improve their game. At times their final ball was really poor. Onyekuru is a livewire. Very good prospect.
Gotti wrote:In the Belgian league game today between Kortrijk (at home) and Anderlecht, which ended in a 2-2 draw...
Ajagun tied the scores at 1-1 for Kortrijk, while Onyekuru (who came on about the 65th min) tied it at 2-2 for Anderlecht.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

wiseone wrote:I watched this game. Very happy for both players. Their game needs refinement though and they need to leave Belgium to improve their game. At times their final ball was really poor. Onyekuru is a livewire. Very good prospect.
Gotti wrote:In the Belgian league game today between Kortrijk (at home) and Anderlecht, which ended in a 2-2 draw...
Yup! Ajagun needs to storm camp at Bayern and onyekuru should just catch a flight to Barca tonite. :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

You make very astute points. Bayern and Barca are the only clubs in the world outside Belgium.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
wiseone wrote:I watched this game. Very happy for both players. Their game needs refinement though and they need to leave Belgium to improve their game. At times their final ball was really poor. Onyekuru is a livewire. Very good prospect.
Yup! Ajagun needs to storm camp at Bayern and onyekuru should just catch a flight to Barca tonite. :roll: