Tammy Abraham To Accept England Call

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
TAMMY ABRAHAM: Update on Nigeria's Chase.....

Post by Enugu II »

NFF boss: Tammy Abraham, father excited and positive Chelsea loanee soon to play for Nigeria
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/09/20/n ... r-nigeria/
By admin - September 20, 201786 0

British-born Nigerian striker Tammy Abraham could soon be playing for the Super Eagles
President of the Nigeria Football Federation Amaju Pinnick has told SCORENigeria that the Chelsea loanee Tammy Abraham and his father are excited and positive he could soon be playing for Nigeria.

Pinnick said he met with the striker, whose full names are Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo-Abraham, and his father last week in London in this regard.

The 19-year-old forward, who is on loan to Swansea City, is one of the many British-born Nigerian players the NFF have been wooing to switch allegiance to Nigeria.

Pinnick told Scorenigeria.com.ng:“I was with Tammy Abraham and his father in London last week and our meeting was positive.

“They have collected the forms and just the way we followed up with that of Ola Aina we would do same with Tammy.

“I can tell you that his parents are excited about the prospect of the young lad playing for Nigeria.

“But we have to be patient because we have seen with the case of Ola Aina that the process is not automatic.”

Tammy Abraham, who has featured for England U21s, has made five appearances for Swansea City in the Premier League and scored a goal this season.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: TAMMY ABRAHAM: Update on Nigeria's Chase.....

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The boy is making a big mistake! He's not gonna make SE With all the players ahead of him already. He can however make the England wc team if he starts banging goals ahead of the wc. Harry Kane is the only big striker they have that is way better than him.

However, he would be a great addition to the new SE after the wc, like they say "if we qualify ".
OCCUPY NFF!!
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The boy is making a big mistake! He's not gonna make SE With all the players ahead of him already. He can however make the England wc team if he starts banging goals ahead of the wc. Harry Kane is the only big striker they have that is way better than him.

However, he would be a great addition to the new SE after the wc, like they say "if we qualify ".

I think you have it backwards. He would have trouble making the England squad as Vardy, Defoe, Sturridge (yes he would be ahead of him) and even his age-mate Rashford would all be ahead of him. With us if he is in good form he would get pushed ahead of almost all of our strikers save for Ighalo and depending on how the season goes Iheanacho.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

TheHitman47 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The boy is making a big mistake! He's not gonna make SE With all the players ahead of him already. He can however make the England wc team if he starts banging goals ahead of the wc. Harry Kane is the only big striker they have that is way better than him.

I think you have it backwards. He would have trouble making the England squad as Vardy, Defoe, Sturridge (yes he would be ahead of him) and even his age-mate Rashford would all be ahead of him. With us if he is in good form he would get pushed ahead of almost all of our strikers save for Ighalo and depending on how the season goes Iheanacho.
It's all because he plays in England and it's pretty much the only football Nigerians think they know. If Abraham was playing for a team in the same position Swansea was in Spain,Italy or Germany, we would gladly wait for him to show his stuff. Success did well and in Spain but was never invited until he moved vedvto crappy watford.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Someone please tell what the hype is about this guy
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Robotnik wrote:Someone please tell what the hype is about this guy
He is a good prospect. I hope he eventually plays for Nigeria.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Skilful and he hustles, I like him, I think his style is more suited to SE than England,
Oya back to the matter
open and close
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Prince wrote:
Skilful and he hustles, I like him, I think his style is more suited to SE than England,
He is still very raw.
HE has seen that playing in the Championship is different that playing in the Big league.
Lets see how he progresses but I think it may be too early to make the WC squad (if we qualify).

Talking about prospects... How come No one has mentioned Dominic Solanke?
Best player and winner of the u-20 WC?
I think he should also be sounded out
YNWA
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

heavyd wrote:
Prince wrote:
He is still very raw.
HE has seen that playing in the Championship is different that playing in the Big league.
Lets see how he progresses but I think it may be too early to make the WC squad (if we qualify).

I think Tammy is better
Oya back to the matter
open and close
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

He is 19.

He does not need to go to the world cup next year. He does not need to make a decision that will be 'favorable' to him right now. He only needs to make a decision to play for the county he loves (whichever country that is). Look at Diego Costa. made a decision to play for Spain because that was his fastest route to playing in the 2014 world cup.

Please, take a step back, pull your pants down and spank yourself. nonsense!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

heavyd wrote:
Prince wrote:
He is still very raw.

Not good enough. Several years ago, when Mourinho favored him over Abraham, I just didnt understand it. Solanke and Abraham played in the same youth team. Abraham played as a winger and outscored Solanke. And you could tell, by watching them, that Abraham was the much better player. Abraham went to the championship and succeeded, Solanke went to Holland and failed.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Prince wrote:
heavyd wrote:
Prince wrote:
He is still very raw.

I think Tammy is better

Much better, in my opinion.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

But for the profile of the EPL, I am not sure Tammy Abraham is an upgrade on Sadiq Umar. I am surprised Rohr has not gone back to look at that Olympics 2016 bronze-winning squad in Brazil. Against Japan, for example, Sadiq was unplayable.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TheHitman47 wrote:

Very well said. :thumb:
Far more players in his position ahead of him for England than there are for Nigeria.

To be honest, there is no stand out central striker for Nigeria and if in the next few years he can really reach his full potential then he has that position on lockdown until someone better comes along.
Right now, he is freezing Bony out of Swansea's starting lineup.
Now that's not bad for a 19 year old.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Goldleaf wrote:But for the profile of the EPL, I am not sure Tammy Abraham is an upgrade on Sadiq Umar. I am surprised Rohr has not gone back to look at that Olympics 2016 bronze-winning squad in Brazil. Against Japan, for example, Sadiq was unplayable.
Sadiq too is a 'potential' but not ahead of Tammy. At best I'd say theyre at par. Though I believe Tammy is physically stronger and can stay on his feet in the face of a heavy challenge, unlike Sadiq.
But nuthin spoil. They're players of the future and should only get better.
But Tammy needs to be locked down.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Amaju Pinnick and his crew should do all they can to get the likes of Torunarigha and Felix Uduokhai, good prospects for the SE defence.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Damunk wrote:
TheHitman47 wrote:

Very well said. :thumb:
Far more players in his position ahead of him for England than there are for Nigeria.

To be honest, there is no stand out central striker for Nigeria and if in the next few years he can really reach his full potential then he has that position on lockdown until someone better comes along.
Right now, he is freezing Bony out of Swansea's starting lineup.
Now that's not bad for a 19 year old.
I wont say he is freezing Bony out.
Wilfred Bony just signed on the last day of the transfer window. He lacks match fitness and is being brought back slowly. Tammy has been good but not exceptional by any means. I see Bony taking over the starting lineup once he get fully fit.
YNWA
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Damunk wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:But for the profile of the EPL, I am not sure Tammy Abraham is an upgrade on Sadiq Umar. I am surprised Rohr has not gone back to look at that Olympics 2016 bronze-winning squad in Brazil. Against Japan, for example, Sadiq was unplayable.
Sadiq too is a 'potential' but not ahead of Tammy. At best I'd say theyre at par. Though I believe Tammy is physically stronger and can stay on his feet in the face of a heavy challenge, unlike Sadiq.
But nuthin spoil. They're players of the future and should only get better.
But Tammy needs to be locked down.
How? It's difficult to compare a player who's playing - albeit not so well - to one who's not even coming off the bench at all.

I'd say Tammy is ahead of Sadiq, right now, by a distance.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

danfo driver wrote:
heavyd wrote:
Prince wrote:
He is still very raw.

Not good enough. Several years ago, when Mourinho favored him over Abraham, I just didnt understand it. Solanke and Abraham played in the same youth team. Abraham played as a winger and outscored Solanke. And you could tell, by watching them, that Abraham was the much better player. Abraham went to the championship and succeeded, Solanke went to Holland and failed.
Solanke didn't fail in Holland. He didn't tear the place up but he had a decent record (7 goals in 26 games) for an 18 year old playing in a different country. At 18 Harry Kane scored 9 goals in 27 games playing for Millwall in the Championship.

I disagree that Abraham is far better than Solanke, they are on the same level in my opinion. Infact I think Solanke is the better technical player. Granted Abraham performed brilliantly last season lets see how he does this year. I just think Solanke also deserves to be sounded out.
YNWA
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oyek wrote:Amaju Pinnick and his crew should do all they can to get the likes of Torunarigha and Felix Uduokhai, good prospects for the SE defence.
everytime I watch Bundesliga, these two really hurt me! With these two guys, our defense will be made! A left back and a Left Center Back! kaiiii!!!!!! That will just solve our two problematic defensive positions.
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

danfo driver wrote:
oyek wrote:Amaju Pinnick and his crew should do all they can to get the likes of Torunarigha and Felix Uduokhai, good prospects for the SE defence.
everytime I watch Bundesliga, these two really hurt me! With these two guys, our defense will be made! A left back and a Left Center Back! kaiiii!!!!!! That will just solve our two problematic defensive positions.
Especially for long term as they are both 20 yrs. old.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

heavyd wrote:
Solanke didn't fail in Holland. He didn't tear the place up but he had a decent record (7 goals in 26 games) for an 18 year old playing in a different country.
I understand that as a Liverpool fan, you need to defend him. But this is a useless record for a Striker. And the dutch league is horrible. Vincent Janssen scored 27 goals in 34 games and we all saw how poor he was in England.

At 18 Harry Kane scored 9 goals in 27 games playing for Millwall in the Championship.
I saw Harry Kane play and I couldnt believe my eyes! He was absolute quality. I saw Solanke play and I thought he was very poor.

I disagree that Abraham is far better than Solanke, they are on the same level in my opinion. Infact I think Solanke is the better technical player. Granted Abraham performed brilliantly last season lets see how he does this year. I just think Solanke also deserves to be sounded out.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

I am sure I read somewhere that the boy's father, Ojokojo (who played for UI at the NUGA games in the late 80s as well as for Shooting Stars) is not keen for his son to play for Nigeria due to his misgivings.