The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/metro.co.uk/ ... 81024/amp/

Ye gbele ohhh: Ospina :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Cheiii :oops:
Even me I was piss with Ospina then imagine from Colombia teammate,.
Sad part I wanted them to win today so that away game to Peru they might allow Peru beat them and this put Argentina out no matter what the result are for Argentina vs Ecuador.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Ospina should be investigated for gambling! :curse:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Thunder wrote:

I mean the thing is ridiculous mehn...smdh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Thunder wrote:

I agree. :curse:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Skylolo wrote:Ozil is injured and all of a sudden all the opportunistic haters are spamming us with how he has joined Manure, mentally checked out, refused to travel to Belarus etc etc. :roll: :roll:

Ozil will be back after the Intl break and I for one know dude tends to come back with a lot of goals and assists after a layoff like this. Don't believe everything you read people....
You're right. A fresh Ozil is always a very good player. Hopefully, he is also motivated and committed. His talent is not in doubt, it is his commitment that's been questioned.
Honestly oo Sky, it's like there's a grand plan to hound him out of Arsenal. And it's ridiculous that Arsenal fans are not seeing through this. That's a World Cup winner there. A VERY integral part of the team for that matter. All these so call pundits hounding him, can't remember any of them winning the World Cup. Even Waffi has joined the gang.
What commitment? Against Liverpool the whole team played woefully, especially Ramsey who thought he's another Messi and decided to abandon his position. But against Chelsea, he decided to obey the coach and now everyone is calling Ozil out. I said it earlier, against Chelsea and i will go as far as saying against any of the top 6, if Ramsey and Xhaka play as disciplined as they played against Chelsea and we have Ozil in the team, we will beat any team in the top 6 anywhere. That's how th twin fulcrum of the German national team play with Ozil in the team. Everyone playing to rule not abandoning their respective positions. We all saw this in the FA. Or cast your mind back to when Santi was in the team? Any wonder his form dropped when there's no one with the discipline play of Santi in the team?
My bro, I am not against the player. I have already said, I do not blame the player for seeking better financial terms, the leverage of a Bosman situation offers. If I were in his position, I will do the same.

However, what we cannot get away from is this season there is a lot of talk questioning his commitment and this has come from inside the club. There was the one where he and Sanchez failed to show up for a media day, an act that goes against their contractual obligations and this upset fellow team mates. But the most damning has come from Keown. Now, I do not know of Keown sources, but I know Keown still has his ex-players pass which gives him access to a lot of sections of the club with the exception of things like match day preparation and training, Players and Staff only areas, etc. etc.

But when Keown goes on Radio to make the sort of allegations he did about Ozil, you must seat up and ask questions. See Here:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/04/mesut-ozi ... n-6978187/

The problem is, his performance on the pitch has raised questions too. I remember watching the Stoke game and Steven Gerard was not impressed with Ozil performance. He questioned his commitment and asked if he would be proud to pick up his wages after his performance. He then used Stoke's goal as the example, showing if Ozil had bothered to try and prevent the Stoke from running into space, and had he bothered to run, like he should have Stoke would not have scored. While I saw Gerard's point re Ozil's role for the goal. I came here disagreeing that Ozil was ultimately responsible for the loss. I preferred to blame the Manager and his defensive choices because I felt a proper CD playing in the middle of the 3 would have prevented the goal. Having said all of that, the Stoke loss was a very unlucky loss when you analyse the game in full, so it was harsh to blame Ozil for that defeat. It must be noted that Gerard fellow pundit for that game was Keown and he too went to town on Ozil.

Maybe, Ozil's criticism of Arsenal player's stings and they now want to get him. I say this because the stats certainly does not support Keown and Ozil's critics claims of laziness and not putting in a shift this season. Whether Ozil is committed is another thing altogether.

Here is OPTA via Orbinho on Twitter.

Current Season:
Last Season:
I know this is a bit simplistic, but we can make of the above what we want. It appears, he has not dropped his physical output this season when compared to last season as is being suggested. He certainly has not dropped as we are being led to believe by the pundits and Ozil critics. I am not in any camp and you can see why. However, we cannot ignore questions about his commitment behind the scenes either.

This made me laugh: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

[tweet]*****[/tweet]
I saw those stats too and all the criticism does not make sense. I even saw a stats which shows that Ozil has created more chances than any other player in the EPL since he joined. I also read about the function he and Sanchez missed. But did anyone bother to enquire why he didn't? What did AW have to say about that? Did they ask and got an excuse to be absent.
My point still remain there's a gang up IMHO to see Ozil out of Arsenal. And we the fans are falling for it. The interesting thing is some pundits too are seeing through it. The other day, one of the Liverpool legends said Ozil makes Arsenal better and that Arsenal will be making a mistake if it were to sell him. Yeah no one is indispensable, but for heavens sake it's a key member of Germany's World Cup winning team we talking about here. Not even a squad member but someone who will likely be among the first names Low writes when selecting a Germany XI.

And on all these noise about him rejecting a new contract. I was reading online yesterday that Arsenal has never offered him a contract. So who exactly knows what's going on?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Skylolo wrote:Ozil is injured and all of a sudden all the opportunistic haters are spamming us with how he has joined Manure, mentally checked out, refused to travel to Belarus etc etc. :roll: :roll:

Ozil will be back after the Intl break and I for one know dude tends to come back with a lot of goals and assists after a layoff like this. Don't believe everything you read people....
You're right. A fresh Ozil is always a very good player. Hopefully, he is also motivated and committed. His talent is not in doubt, it is his commitment that's been questioned.
Honestly oo Sky, it's like there's a grand plan to hound him out of Arsenal. And it's ridiculous that Arsenal fans are not seeing through this. That's a World Cup winner there. A VERY integral part of the team for that matter. All these so call pundits hounding him, can't remember any of them winning the World Cup. Even Waffi has joined the gang.
What commitment? Against Liverpool the whole team played woefully, especially Ramsey who thought he's another Messi and decided to abandon his position. But against Chelsea, he decided to obey the coach and now everyone is calling Ozil out. I said it earlier, against Chelsea and i will go as far as saying against any of the top 6, if Ramsey and Xhaka play as disciplined as they played against Chelsea and we have Ozil in the team, we will beat any team in the top 6 anywhere. That's how th twin fulcrum of the German national team play with Ozil in the team. Everyone playing to rule not abandoning their respective positions. We all saw this in the FA. Or cast your mind back to when Santi was in the team? Any wonder his form dropped when there's no one with the discipline play of Santi in the team?
My bro, I am not against the player. I have already said, I do not blame the player for seeking better financial terms, the leverage of a Bosman situation offers. If I were in his position, I will do the same.

However, what we cannot get away from is this season there is a lot of talk questioning his commitment and this has come from inside the club. There was the one where he and Sanchez failed to show up for a media day, an act that goes against their contractual obligations and this upset fellow team mates. But the most damning has come from Keown. Now, I do not know of Keown sources, but I know Keown still has his ex-players pass which gives him access to a lot of sections of the club with the exception of things like match day preparation and training, Players and Staff only areas, etc. etc.

But when Keown goes on Radio to make the sort of allegations he did about Ozil, you must seat up and ask questions. See Here:

The problem is, his performance on the pitch has raised questions too. I remember watching the Stoke game and Steven Gerard was not impressed with Ozil performance. He questioned his commitment and asked if he would be proud to pick up his wages after his performance. He then used Stoke's goal as the example, showing if Ozil had bothered to try and prevent the Stoke from running into space, and had he bothered to run, like he should have Stoke would not have scored. While I saw Gerard's point re Ozil's role for the goal. I came here disagreeing that Ozil was ultimately responsible for the loss. I preferred to blame the Manager and his defensive choices because I felt a proper CD playing in the middle of the 3 would have prevented the goal. Having said all of that, the Stoke loss was a very unlucky loss when you analyse the game in full, so it was harsh to blame Ozil for that defeat. It must be noted that Gerard fellow pundit for that game was Keown and he too went to town on Ozil.

Maybe, Ozil's criticism of Arsenal player's stings and they now want to get him. I say this because the stats certainly does not support Keown and Ozil's critics claims of laziness and not putting in a shift this season. Whether Ozil is committed is another thing altogether.

Current Season:
Last Season:
I know this is a bit simplistic, but we can make of the above what we want. It appears, he has not dropped his physical output this season when compared to last season as is being suggested. He certainly has not dropped as we are being led to believe by the pundits and Ozil critics. I am not in any camp and you can see why. However, we cannot ignore questions about his commitment behind the scenes either.

[tweet]*****[/tweet]
those are nonsense stats. I suspect Ramsey and Coq would have better numbers...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Current Season:
Last Season:

[tweet]*****[/tweet]
those are nonsense stats. I suspect Ramsey and Coq would have better numbers...
Like I said, a bit simplistic. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

When it comes to endurance or physical effort like kilometres covered, km covered at the highest km per hour/minute, most sprints, most twists and spins, recovery runs etc. Ramsey is king in football. Indeed, Ramsey is still the only player to have run 13 plus kilometres in 3 games in 6 days at a ridiculous km per hour/minute. Even Klopp called him inhuman.

It is no surprised he goes down easily with injuries. There is no marker who has matched Ramsey for stamina and endurance over 90 minutes. Notice how he is always free towards the end of games, as he has exhausted his markers. He is easily the Mo Farah of football.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Because Ozil has fewer assists than Winfried Zaha, Fewer than Bench warmer Cesc Fabregas, ...
Because there are 27 players in the EPL who have move goals than Ozil.
Why is he getting paid again?
This season, he has ZERO goals. ZERO assists. 2 months into the season !!! come on ...
Fans need to use their brains ... seriously !!!
Bepanda
azuka wrote: I saw those stats too and all the criticism does not make sense. I even saw a stats which shows that Ozil has created more chances than any other player in the EPL since he joined. I also read about the function he and Sanchez missed. But did anyone bother to enquire why he didn't? What did AW have to say about that? Did they ask and got an excuse to be absent.
My point still remain there's a gang up IMHO to see Ozil out of Arsenal. And we the fans are falling for it. The interesting thing is some pundits too are seeing through it. The other day, one of the Liverpool legends said Ozil makes Arsenal better and that Arsenal will be making a mistake if it were to sell him. Yeah no one is indispensable, but for heavens sake it's a key member of Germany's World Cup winning team we talking about here. Not even a squad member but someone who will likely be among the first names Low writes when selecting a Germany XI.

And on all these noise about him rejecting a new contract. I was reading online yesterday that Arsenal has never offered him a contract. So who exactly knows what's going on?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

LACA starts France alongside his buddy Griezmann and Matuidi opens the scoring for les blues in a crucial game for the World Cup
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Wenger told beIN Sports:

'He needs to keep his health and be capable of competing. If he can play from now until December at the top level, he will be back. If he has other set backs then it will be more difficult.
'It's a vital season because he's nearing the end of his contract, it's a World Cup year and he has been an Arsenal player since he was a kid, so all that's at stake for him and for us as well because you'd love a player like him of that quality to come back.

Le Prof don lay down marker for Wilshere. Hope this inspires :thumb:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

"I think Mustafi has a muscle tear. It looks a bit more serious." Low said. "This will probably force him to have an extended layoff."
Jesu with KOS fighting with his Achilles it makes the decision to ship out GABRIEL look even more troubling ....Mertesacker and Chambers and Holding??

Yikes :curse:

MLK.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Get this useless thread outta here! Nigeria have qualified for the WC.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
"I think Mustafi has a muscle tear. It looks a bit more serious." Low said. "This will probably force him to have an extended layoff."
Jesu with KOS fighting with his Achilles it makes the decision to ship out GABRIEL look even more troubling ....Mertesacker and Chambers and Holding??

Wenger get that cover he knows best,We have but watford not some magic big boys next week.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Bim! Bam! Boom! Nachoo Moreal!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Two year extension for Chambers????? Ok maybe this is sale leverage

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Rubbish.

I have not ruled out one of Sanchez or Ozil staying. At least not from the rumours I am hearing. I'd take one instead of losing both.

I hope we get to keep one. If it is Ozil, I am happy for it.

If you believe a player of Ozil's quality on a Bosman has no offers, you are living in la la land. Ozil has offers better than what Arsenal offered, but does he want to leave? From rumours, the player loves the club and loves life in London. So there is a chance of a deal with Ozil if the money side can be sorted out.

When Arsenal revealed via David Ornstein, that they hadno money to buy unless they sell players. The first thing I dug into in the accounts is wage cost in relation to TV deals.

I found out Arsenal's real issue was the PL rule that state you can't allocate more than £7m of TV money to wage bill if it exceeds £67m. But you can use other non -TV revenue streams.

The problem was the club's hands were tied by this rule, so if Ozil and/or Sanchez were tied to new contracts, club would not have been able to sign Lacazette cos of this rule.

Arsenal sold players in the summer, they will be letting more go in January. Revenue has increased as Sponsors have paid up.

So it was no surprise when I heard rumours of new offers being made to both players. Indeed, rumours of real progress with Ozil contract talks are abound. I am even hearing rumours of back dated bonuses.

I had given up on keeping any of them but I always knew this was about money. It always is with players, and rightly so. If Arsenal cough up they stay.

Arsenal want to keep Ozil and they are trying hard. Sanchez is not so popular at the club, I have heard from reliable sources, the Board want him out. But Wenger is the man that counts, he has stuck with Sanchez. Above all, Sanchez has offers which Arsenal cannot match, and unlike Ozil, rumours are, Sanchez is not willing to compromise.

I will not be surprised if Ozil signs on and we sign another top player in January. But it's all rumours.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:

Gabriel is gone and suddenly he is world class. Gabriel has immense physical attributes but he never settled in this league. He is no loss and Chambers has shown from his loan at Boro, he can do a job.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:Wenger told beIN Sports:

'He needs to keep his health and be capable of competing. If he can play from now until December at the top level, he will be back. If he has other set backs then it will be more difficult.
'It's a vital season because he's nearing the end of his contract, it's a World Cup year and he has been an Arsenal player since he was a kid, so all that's at stake for him and for us as well because you'd love a player like him of that quality to come back.

Le Prof don lay down marker for Wilshere. Hope this inspires :thumb:
Jack knows the score.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Waffiman wrote:
Rubbish.

I have not ruled out one of Sanchez or Ozil staying. At least not from the rumours I am hearing. I'd take one instead of losing both.

If you believe a player of Ozil's quality on a Bosman has no offers, you are living in la la land. Ozil has offers better than what Arsenal offered, but does he want to leave? From rumours, the player loves the club and loves life in London. So there is a chance of a deal with Ozil if the money side can be sorted out.

When Arsenal revealed via David Ornstein, that they hadno money to buy unless they sell players. The first thing I dug into in the accounts is wage cost in relation to TV deals.

I found out Arsenal's real issue was the PL rule that state you can't allocate more than £7m of TV money to wage bill if it exceeds £67m. But you can use other non -TV revenue streams.

The problem was the club's hands were tied by this rule, so if Ozil and/or Sanchez were tied to new contracts, club would not have been able to sign Lacazette cos of this rule.

Arsenal sold players in the summer, they will be letting more go in January. Revenue has increased as Sponsors have paid up.

So it was no surprise when I heard rumours of new offers being made to both players. Indeed, rumours of real progress with Ozil contract talks are abound. I am even hearing rumours of back dated bonuses.

I had given up on keeping any of them but I always knew this was about money. It always is with players, and rightly so. If Arsenal cough up they stay.

Arsenal want to keep Ozil and they are trying hard. Sanchez is not so popular at the club, I have heard from reliable sources, the Board want him out. But Wenger is the man that counts, he has stuck with Sanchez. Above all, Sanchez has offers which Arsenal cannot match, and unlike Ozil, rumours are, Sanchez is not willing to compromise.

I will not be surprised if Ozil signs on and we sign another top player in January. But it's all rumours.
Arsenal forward Mesut Ozil, 28, is set to stay at the club, because no other side is willing to pay his £330,000-a-week wage demands
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -contract/
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
Rubbish.

Look at this man flip flopping all over the place. One day you are here and then the next you are over there ... Nna you are worse than a leaf in the wind :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Frankly I can bet you don't even know what you want sef :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Gabriel is gone and suddenly he is world class. Gabriel has immense physical attributes but he never settled in this league. He is no loss and Chambers has shown from his loan at Boro, he can do a job.

This is epitome of cluelessness :rotf: :rotf: who said GABRIEL was world class? :scared: and what job did Chambers do at Middlesbrough? Help them get relegated :rotf: :rotf:

Gosh Waffi is a clown sha :lol: :lol:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

This is epitome of cluelessness :rotf: :rotf: who said GABRIEL was world class? :scared: and what job did Chambers do at Middlesbrough? Help them get relegated :rotf: :rotf:

Gosh Waffi is a clown sha :lol: :lol:
Kai! Chambers and Ozil get new contract. You go chop bottle for my hand nor be small. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: