Boycott Russia 2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Boycott Russia 2018

Post by Rawlings »

Ghana is boycotting the world cup
Cameroon has taken a pass
Argentina (Messi) in danger of missing out (https://www.yahoo.com/news/argentina-br ... 11654.html)
Italy & Portugal are not certain
Netherlands have abandoned it

Besides, Russia na racist country ....
Join me in the fight against racism
Last edited by Rawlings on Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Russia world cup bi as ibi

Post by Tbite »

That's you and TFCO at the beginning of this video

[/video]

You were all excited until you were let down. Just face the tune and stop fronting.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Mugu it's "get as e be" what sort of weird pidgin English is that. I just dey imagine your Maggie shaped pangalo head, with cheap glasses speaking rubbish with confidence while attention seeking. Yeye whore!

You know...exhibit uno:
[/video]
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Rawlings wrote:Ghana does not want to go
Argentina (Messi) in danger of missing out (https://www.yahoo.com/news/argentina-br ... 11654.html)

Interesting way of waving the white flag I must say :P
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

100%Naija wrote:Mugu it's "get as e be" what sort of weird pidgin English is that. I just dey imagine your Maggie shaped pangalo head, with cheap glasses speaking rubbish with confidence while attention seeking. Yeye whore!

You know...exhibit uno:
[/video]
Yep that's "everything wronglngs" alright. You can tell by the cranium and the Kotobabi English :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Why are you guys reasoning with a troll? :rotf: :rotf:
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

YOU'RE RIGHT, GOING TO THE WC IS NOT A BIRTHRIGHT

There's a new international order.
Bell
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

...and even Nigeria does not seem very interested. They are about to give in to Zambia
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Is that ibi or aybee?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

And Ghana won't be missed after all they won the Wafu!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Thanks for reminding me. Here is the list of qualified countries (Nigeria the only African country to have qualified so far)!!!

src: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/index.html
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Expect roachlings to go into hibernation now...
Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Re: Boycott Russia 2018

Post by Rawlings »

'It will be really ugly': Russian football's history of racism can't be erased

"There's no racism in Russia, because it doesn't exist."

These words were said by Alexei Smertin in 2015. In February 2017, Smertin was selected to head an investigation into racism in Russian football.
Despite Smertin's highly-criticised 2015 claim, Russian football has long been marred by persistent allegations of racism from fans.

In 2013, Manchester City complained after Yaya Toure was subjected to monkey chants from the crowd during a Champions League game against CSKA Moscow. There have been numerous instances of bananas being thrown onto the pitch by fans, while Brazilian striker Hulk has said he has been on the receiving end of racist chants from the crowd in "almost every game" he played for Zenit St Petersburg.

"If [racism] happens in the World Cup, it will be really gross and really ugly," Hulk said in 2015.

"Usually it happens when Russian clubs play and it doesn't come out to the world and the world doesn't know about this.

"I must say that almost every game I see this happening. I used to get angry, but now I see this doesn't help, so I just send a kiss to our fans and try not to get angry."

While Smertin now says he will "put every effort into keeping racism and discrimination out of the story of football in my country", the words are not reflected by FIFA.

In September last year, FIFA disbanded its anti-racism task force saying it had "completely fulfilled its temporary mission".

Problem solved? We will soon find out, but any such incidents would horrendously sully the event.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-14/h ... up/8609034
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Rawlings wrote:'It will be really ugly': Russian football's history of racism can't be erased

"There's no racism in Russia, because it doesn't exist."

These words were said by Alexei Smertin in 2015. In February 2017, Smertin was selected to head an investigation into racism in Russian football.
Despite Smertin's highly-criticised 2015 claim, Russian football has long been marred by persistent allegations of racism from fans.

In 2013, Manchester City complained after Yaya Toure was subjected to monkey chants from the crowd during a Champions League game against CSKA Moscow. There have been numerous instances of bananas being thrown onto the pitch by fans, while Brazilian striker Hulk has said he has been on the receiving end of racist chants from the crowd in "almost every game" he played for Zenit St Petersburg.

"If [racism] happens in the World Cup, it will be really gross and really ugly," Hulk said in 2015.

"Usually it happens when Russian clubs play and it doesn't come out to the world and the world doesn't know about this.

"I must say that almost every game I see this happening. I used to get angry, but now I see this doesn't help, so I just send a kiss to our fans and try not to get angry."

While Smertin now says he will "put every effort into keeping racism and discrimination out of the story of football in my country", the words are not reflected by FIFA.

In September last year, FIFA disbanded its anti-racism task force saying it had "completely fulfilled its temporary mission".

Problem solved? We will soon find out, but any such incidents would horrendously sully the event.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-14/h ... up/8609034
Thanks for sharing and your concern :D
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

The stadiums will be filled by the fans of each team...and not locals who can't afford a world cup match.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Rawlings wrote:Ghana is boycotting the world cup

Join me in the fight against racism
Troll Alert :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Rawlings wrote:...and even Nigeria does not seem very interested. They are about to give in to Zambia
Rawlings, why don't you and TFCO go and enjoy your WAFU Cup?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Odas wrote:
Rawlings wrote:...and even Nigeria does not seem very interested. They are about to give in to Zambia
You Nigerianese have given in to the devil
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Rawlings wrote:
Odas wrote:
You Nigerianese have given in to the devil
I thought this dude said he was Nugerian. Classic troll.. Hahaha.. Troll Alert :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

You Nigerians have all sold your souls to the devil
Listen to what Bob Marley rightly said

Africa unite
'Cause we're moving right out of Babylon
And we're going to our Father's land

How good and how pleasant it would be
Before God and man, yeah
To see the unification of all Africans, yeah
As it's been said already
Let it be done, yeah
We are the children of the Rastaman
We are the children of the Iyaman

So, Africa unite
'Cause the children (Africa unite) wanna come home, yeah
Africa unite
'Cause we're moving right out of Babylon
And we're grooving to our Father's land

How good and how pleasant it would be
Before God and man
To see the unification of all Rastaman, yeah
As it's been said already, let it be done
I tell you who we are under the sun
We are…
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure sends FIFA World Cup message: 'If racism situations happen in Russia, it is going to be a big mess'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z4vJ7KxH00
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

akamoke wrote:

Interesting way of waving the white flag I must say :P

A for originality. Ol boy, u get time????? what would he had said next? Ghana choked anyway & obviously cuzz ghana okada could not reach so far????? :rotf: :laugh: :rotf: :laugh: :rotf: :laugh:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Every country has racism, besides Russia's "historic" racism comes from them disliking those of Asiatic descent due to the messed up stuff the Mongols did when they conquered them.