The decline of Ghana's Kenkebility and Kumasibillty

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
The decline of Ghana's Kenkebility and Kumasibillty

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

(1) In 2006, the Kenkey Bredas were in the ascendancy
(3) They qualified for the World Cup with style
(3) Kumasi was their fortress where they beat everyone with ease
(4) In Germany, they got to the second round of the World Cup
(5) Come 2010, the Kenkey Bredas took things a step further getting to the quarter finals of the World Cup
(6) Were it not for a last ditch handball, Ghana would have become the first African nation to get to the World Cup semi finals
(7) Now, come 2014, the rot set in. Ghana crashed out in the group stages
(8) For 2018, Ghana could not even qualify for Russia
(9) Kumasi is now a joke. Anyone can go there and have nothing to fear
(10) Are we now witnessing a terminal decline with the Kenkey Bredas as happened with the ANC? They last won it in 1982. Will Ghana not feature in the World Cup again until the days of our grand children?

I worry for the Kenkey Bredas. They took the lead winning for ANCs but look at them today. What do we do if the same happens with the World Cup?
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The decline of the Kenkebility and Kumasibillty

Post by Kabalega »

Easy on Ghana.
They were in a tougher group than Nigeria’s group.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Kabalega wrote:Easy on Ghana.
Ghana is the only team in that group that had made it to the WC in my lifetime. Egypt is the only team in that group that had won the ANC in my lifetime.

In our Group, Cameroon, Zambia and Nigeria had won the ANC in my lifetime, while Cameroon Nigeria and Algeria had qualified for the ANC in my lifetime! Let us not confuse the results with supposed weakness.

Sometimes great teams just make good teams look poor. In both games Zambia pushed us to the end, even in our 4-0 routing of Cameroon, they pushed us hard in the early stages. We simply had the ruthlessness of Germany and discouraged our opponents.

We rendered competitive sides a shadow of themselves. That takes nothing away from the difficulty of the group. If you replaced Congo Brazaville with Kinshasa, then perhaps I would even take you slightly seriously.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Tbite wrote:
Ghana is the only team in that group that had made it to the WC in my lifetime. Egypt is the only team in that group that had won the ANC in my lifetime.

In our Group, Cameroon, Zambia and Nigeria had won the ANC in my lifetime, while Cameroon Nigeria and Algeria had qualified for the ANC in my lifetime! Let us not confuse the results with supposed weakness.

Sometimes great teams just make good teams look poor. In both games Zambia pushed us to the end, even in our 4-0 routing of Cameroon, they pushed us hard in the early stages. We simply had the ruthlessness of Germany and discouraged our opponents.

We rendered competitive sides a shadow of themselves. That takes nothing away from the difficulty of the group. If you replaced Congo Brazaville with Kinshasa, then perhaps I would even take you slightly seriously.
Why do you always write a dissertation for a simple matter? The Ugandan kabukabu is only talking up the group because useless cranes were in the group. Just ignore him
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

pajimoh wrote:
Tbite wrote:

Why do you always write a dissertation for a simple matter? The Ugandan kabukabu is only talking up the group because useless cranes were in the group. Just ignore him
Because you are not my papa. Any other questions?
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

What happens if Ghana do not qualify for another World Cup on our lifetime? Does the FA ban the team from eating Kenkey in camp until they do?
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Tbite wrote:Ghana is the only team in that group that had made it to the WC in my lifetime. Egypt is the only team in that group that had won the ANC in my lifetime.

Dude is a troll. Ignore him.

Anyone with half a brain knows our group was by far the toughest.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:What happens if Ghana do not qualify for another World Cup on our lifetime? Does the FA ban the team from eating Kenkey in camp until they do?
Kissing wads of dosh in front of worldwide tv audience is not the wisest thing to do :rotf: , that's why the officials and gods of soccer were angry with BS :taunt:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Ghana was a Jekyll & Hyde team this time around. They do well in one game and the very next game completely mess up. This Egyptian side is the weakest I've seen in WCQers for a long time and it had to take a very inconsistent Ghana side to see them pick the ticket.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

abeg let the bredas be...they are building a team for the future, and truth be told with the apparent decline of the Gyans and Ayews of this world...it's now important for Ghana to build on the core of the players that prosecuted the qualifiers in Congo and Uganda lately...I mean the likes of Partey, Twumsi, Dwamena, Agyepong etc, I see Nigeria and Ghana as true contenders for the next Afcon and world cup in Qatar.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Orion wrote:
Tbite wrote:Ghana is the only team in that group that had made it to the WC in my lifetime. Egypt is the only team in that group that had won the ANC in my lifetime.

Dude is a troll. Ignore him.

Really?

Please show me Naija’s recent head to head results of Group E teams Egypt, Uganda and Ghana.
Last edited by Kabalega on Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Kabalega wrote:
Orion wrote:Dude is a troll. Ignore him.

Really?

Please show me Naila’s recent head to head results of Group E teams Egypt, Uganda and Ghana.
Cameroon defeated both Ghana and Egypt to win the AFCON this year. Yes in 2017. Same team, same players, same coach. They've even had some extra tournament time since then to gel and improve as a team when they participated in the CONFED cup.

Nuff said.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I believe the Ghanaian FA intended to ban its teams from eating Kenkey in camp because it is too heavy and made the players lethargic. It appears that this decision which was taken after they lost 0-5 to Saudi Arabia was not enforced during these qualifiers.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Orion wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Really?

Please show me Naila’s recent head to head results of Group E teams Egypt, Uganda and Ghana.
Cameroon defeated both Ghana and Egypt to win the AFCON this year. Yes in 2017. Same team, same players, same coach. They've even had some extra tournament time since then to gel and improve as a team when they participated in the CONFED cup.

Nuff said.
Where is Naija in all of this?

Please answer the recent head to head question!

It's a simple question. In fact, let me simplify it further.
How has Naija fared against Egypt, Uganda and Ghana in their last 3 encounters with these teams? :taunt: :taunt:

Show me the results and I'll show you the trolls. :D
walesvilla
Egg
Egg
Re: The decline of Ghana's Kenkebility and Kumasibillty

Post by walesvilla »

I blame on one corner dance. Players spend all time practising it for when they score
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

How old is Dennis Oyango?
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Kabalega wrote:
Orion wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Really?

Nuff said.

Oh, head to head? I have no problem with that.

But first, I need to expose your inconsistency. You were the one who dismissed Cameroon's 2017 AFCON victory as an indication of their current strength. Remember? So if you're trying to go to games even before that AFCON to compare teams then you can't even be consistent with your own argument.

In any case, to answer your question, Nigeria is a completely different team now (players, coach, style etc) compared to the teams that lost to Ghana in 2010 and Egypt in 2016. And we've proved that by thrashing the team that defeated those 2 teams recently at the AFCON.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Who heard Gordon Strachan's comments about Scotland having a genetic disadvantage yesterday? Could it be that Ghana has the same problem?
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Kabalega wrote: Where is Naija in all of this?

It's a simple question. In fact, let me simplify it further.
How has Naija fared against Egypt, Uganda and Ghana in their last 3 encounters with these teams? :taunt: :taunt:

Show me the results and I'll show you the trolls. :D
Delusion has not got you anywhere thus far...
If trash-talking were all that matters, you might have put Uganda on the map...
Let your nation actually achieve something first...(even if it is SECAFA Cup) :taunt:
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Orion wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Orion wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Really?

Nuff said.

Oh, head to head? I have no problem with that.

But first, I need to expose your inconsistency. You were the one who dismissed Cameroon's 2017 AFCON victory as an indication of their current strength. Remember? So if you're trying to go to games even before that AFCON to compare teams then you can't even be consistent with your own argument.

In any case, to answer your question, Nigeria is a completely different team now (players, coach, style etc) compared to the teams that lost to Ghana in 2010 and Egypt in 2016. And we've proved that by thrashing the team that defeated those 2 teams recently at the AFCON.
Why do you even bother with this troll? :tic: If you have Brazil, Germany, Spain and France in a world cup group, people would easily call that a group of death. Not on any head to head or tail to tail but by the mere fact that they are all past winners of the cup and you know automatically two of them will not make.

Transfer the same principle to Naija's world cup group - all the teams have won afcon and 3 of the teams have the most wc appearance between them!(about 16). Yet someone is trying to convince us a group involving perennial no-hopers like Uganda and Congo with Ghana and Egypt with about 6or so WC appearance between them translate to the toughest group? In fact tjis sausage need to be b1t4h slapped for even thinking it
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Why are we making Ghana threads on a Nigerian forum? Who gives a shyt?
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mr. Piffington wrote:Why are we making Ghana threads on a Nigerian forum? Who gives a shyt?

Do you not love your wife?
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:Why are we making Ghana threads on a Nigerian forum? Who gives a shyt?

Do you not love your wife?
I see what you did there bro... :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger