WOW Iceland don qualify for worldcup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
WOW Iceland don qualify for worldcup

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wow..kudos to them oooo
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
icee
Egg
Egg
Re: WOW Iceland don qualify for worldcup

Post by icee »

Lagerback!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Wow they pulled it off!! I suppose their euros heroics wasn't a fluke.

Congrats to them.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Bigpokey24 wrote:wow..kudos to them oooo

300,000 people? FIFA need to go there and ask them how they are doing it. First Euro 2016 and now Russia 2018? England must be praying now not to end up in their group.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

icee wrote:Lagerback!
:scared: :scared: :scared: If Argentina qualify too then I don day shake for the Eagles. :scared: :scared:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Iceland became the smallest nation to progress to a World Cup after beating Kosovo to win their qualifying group for Russia 2018.

The Euro 2016 quarter-finalists, who knocked out England in the last 16, have a population of about 335,000.

They are the only country to qualify for a World Cup with a population of fewer than one million.

Everton's Gylfi Sigurdsson and Burnley's Johann Gudmundsson got the goals on Monday evening.

Sigurdsson settled his side's nerves with a neat finish just before half-time then turned provider for Gudmundsson to ensure victory with a close-range strike.

Iceland have won seven of their 10 Group I games in World Cup qualifying.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Has nothing to do with it!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Read this article on how planning and implementation made all the difference.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/30012357
A generation of 'indoor kids'

Gudjohnsen owed his progression beyond the normal bounds of Icelandic football to his father Arnor's career in Europe.

The seven years Gudjohnsen Sr spent at Belgian side Anderlecht allowed the young Eidur to develop away from the harsh winter climate and mountainous terrain of his homeland, where football outside the four- or five-month summer period meant small-sided games on hard indoor floors.

3G pitches inside heated indoor domes ensure football can be played all year round in Iceland
But much like the prospective plans put forward by an English Football Association commission in October 2014, Iceland's football association (KSI) has overseen massive investment in changing that in the past 15 years.

There are now 30 full-size all-weather pitches, seven of which are indoors, and almost 150 smaller artificial arenas that ensure youngsters at grassroots can continue to play football in winter, often inside indoor dome structures.

It is why the current crop of players, many of whom made history by qualifying for the European Under-21 Championship in 2011 - Iceland's first foray into any major international tournament - have been labelled "the indoor kids".

"For this nation, the dome pitches were a revelation," Heimir Hallgrimsson, the national team's joint head coach, told BBC Sport. "Every village wanted an artificial pitch, and there is now one close to almost every school in Iceland.

"These guys now with us in the national team were brought up on artificial pitches. Many would have had youth coaching in an indoor dome. They could go out if the weather was good, but they always had good facilities to train."

Qualified coaches at every level

Despite Iceland having no professional club sides, there is an extraordinarily high number of qualified coaches in the country, with 639 people holding a Uefa B licence, according to recent KSI statistics.
It means even youngsters living in the tiniest provincial fishing village in Iceland can benefit from a state-of-the-art, all-weather pitch and a trained coach.

Hallgrimsson, 48, spent his entire playing career in Iceland and balances his coaching commitments with part-time work as a dentist, but he recognises the appeal of the coaching profession for Icelanders.

"Every town or village in Iceland wants to have a good football team for the parents and for the kids, and it is easy to train as a Uefa A or B licence coach here," he noted.

"I took my Pro Licence in England and I looked around. Of course it is a professional set-up for the big clubs there, but it's mostly parents or some guy who takes over and works with the kids who play on Sunday.

"I think that's the difference. We teach our kids from a young age and we give them good sessions with trained coaches, so that's why we get a lot of young players going abroad early, at 17, 18, 19, which they have to do to continue their development professionally."
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Bros, the last that Lagerback was seen in the 2018 WCQs was looking befuddled on the sidelines as his Norway team got ripped apart 0-6 by Germany.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Gotti wrote:
Bros, the last that Lagerback was seen in the 2018 WCQs was looking befuddled on the sidelines as his Norway team got ripped apart 0-6 by Germany.
This cheered me up :D
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
Gotti wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Gotti na wicked man!

I just sent Lagerback a facebook message. Hopefully he will remember me from when I sent him a series of facebook messages in 2010 :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Undertaker wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:wow..kudos to them oooo

300,000 people? FIFA need to go there and ask them how they are doing it. First Euro 2016 and now Russia 2018? England must be praying now not to end up in their group.

Just 300,000 people. Do you know there are more kenkey sellers in Kumasi market alone than that? Yet Iceland qualify and Ghana do not? Hmmmm.
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:
Gotti wrote:

I just sent Lagerback a facebook message. Hopefully he will remember me from when I sent him a series of facebook messages in 2010 :D
I didnt get any message yet.
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

Gotti just come carry put sand inside this one one!! lol
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Lager-back wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:
Gotti wrote:

I didnt get any message yet.
He didnt say lager-wackness :lol:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I hope people watch what Sigurdsson was saying after the game.He was saying their dream now is to go to world cup with believe to try and win it not just be the forst small nation to go to the world cup.That is why I say SE and other African country should go with that mindset to win it.