Nigeria: Who is on the plane to Russia?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigeria: Who is on the plane to Russia?

Post by metalalloy »

Thoughts on this KoC article?
After being paired with Cameroon, Algeria and Zambia in the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying 'Group of Death', the Super Eagles booked their place in Russia last weekend with a game to spare.

This leaves coach Gernot Rohr with more than enough time to start thinking about his squad for Russia, and to ensure proper planning wins the day for what will be a hectic year.

So, jumping the gun ever so slightly, and barring injuries and/or major loss of form, here is what the German's travelling squad could look like if departure for the finals was tonight.

BOARDING PASSES IN HAND
John Mikel Obi, Victor Moses, Alex Iwobi, Leon Balogun, William Troost-Ekong, Moses Simon, Ogenyi Onazi, Wilfred Ndidi, Odion Ighalo, Elderson Echiejile, Shehu Abdullahi, Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Kelechi Iheanacho, Ola Aina
Read more at the link below.

http://kwese.espn.com/football/nigeria/ ... 34/nigeria

I agree with his lists for the most part, but personally think Etebo will be going. I know certain experts like Ayo will have major issues with this article :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria: Who is on the plane to Russia?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He got it spot on! Rohr will not let what happened to the great Keshi repeat itself. This is the same point in 2013 months before the wc that the evil forces of Nff started bringing up rubbish players into the mix that doomed the 14 team. We have a ton of uchebos and babatundes waiting but Rohr knows better.

Imho, the only players that should be given immediate consideration in friendlies are J Obi, nwakali, baser and Onyekuru.The rest should proven themselves by performing outa their minds to be considered.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I totally agree with all of those listed above. Looking at our last squads I will characterize them as follows

GOING TO RUSSIA BARRING INJURY

Ikechukwu Ezenwa
Ola Aina
Shehu Abdullahi
Elderson Echijele
William Troost Ekong
Leon Balogun
Mikel
Ogenyi Onazi
Wilfried Ndidi
Victor Moses
Moses Simon
Odion Ighalo
Kelechi Iheanacho
Alex Iwobi

POSSIBLY REPLACED

Chidozie Awaziem
Mikel Agu
Etebo

SHOULD BE REPLACED

Daniel Akpeyi
Dele Ajiboye
Uche Agbo
Tyrone Ebuehi
John Ogu
Ahmed Musa
Anthony Nwakaeme

NEED TO SERIOUSLY BE LOOKED AT

Vincent Enyeama
Carl Ikeme (If fit)
Dele Alampasu
Stephen Eze
Kenneth Omeruo
Nura Abdullahi
Stanley Amuzie
Kelechi Nwakali
Chide Nwakali
Azuibikwe
Joel Obi
Ovie Ejaria
Isaac Success
Kayode
Dennis Bonaventure
Henry Onyekuru
Peter Olayinka
Victor Oshimen
Peter Onauchu
Ibrahim Alhassan
Cyriel Dessers
Noah Saraneen Bazee
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote:I totally agree with all of those listed above. Looking at our last squads I will characterize them as follows

Ikechukwu Ezenwa
Ola Aina
Shehu Abdullahi
Elderson Echijele
William Troost Ekong
Leon Balogun
Mikel
Ogenyi Onazi
Wilfried Ndidi
Victor Moses
Moses Simon
Odion Ighalo
Kelechi Iheanacho
Alex Iwobi

POSSIBLY REPLACED

Chidozie Awaziem
Mikel Agu
Etebo

SHOULD BE REPLACED

Daniel Akpeyi
Dele Ajiboye
Uche Agbo
Tyrone Ebuehi
John Ogu
Ahmed Musa
Anthony Nwakaeme

Vincent Enyeama
Carl Ikeme (If fit)
Dele Alampasu
Stephen Eze
Kenneth Omeruo
Nura Abdullahi
Stanley Amuzie
Kelechi Nwakali
Chide Nwakali
Azuibikwe
Joel Obi
Ovie Ejaria
Isaac Success
Kayode
Dennis Bonaventure
Henry Onyekuru
Peter Olayinka
Victor Oshimen
Peter Onauchu
Ibrahim Alhassan
Cyriel Dessers
Noah Saraneen Bazee
Ode. Who exactly should replace Awazien? :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:I totally agree with all of those listed above. Looking at our last squads I will characterize them as follows

Ikechukwu Ezenwa
Ola Aina
Shehu Abdullahi
Elderson Echijele
William Troost Ekong
Leon Balogun
Mikel
Ogenyi Onazi
Wilfried Ndidi
Victor Moses
Moses Simon
Odion Ighalo
Kelechi Iheanacho
Alex Iwobi

POSSIBLY REPLACED

Chidozie Awaziem
Mikel Agu
Etebo

SHOULD BE REPLACED

Daniel Akpeyi
Dele Ajiboye
Uche Agbo
Tyrone Ebuehi
John Ogu
Ahmed Musa
Anthony Nwakaeme

Vincent Enyeama
Carl Ikeme (If fit)
Dele Alampasu
Stephen Eze
Kenneth Omeruo
Nura Abdullahi
Stanley Amuzie
Kelechi Nwakali
Chide Nwakali
Azuibikwe
Joel Obi
Ovie Ejaria
Isaac Success
Kayode
Dennis Bonaventure
Henry Onyekuru
Peter Olayinka
Victor Oshimen
Peter Onauchu
Ibrahim Alhassan
Cyriel Dessers
Noah Saraneen Bazee
Ode. Who exactly should replace Awazien? :roll:

Notice I said possibly replaced.

I think Etebo and Awaziem are both almost gauranteed anyways and should be.

I am not at all sold on Mikel Agu though. I think we can do much better.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

[/video]

Who is going to fill this legends boots on the plane to Russia..
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Ahmed Musa would also definitely make to the World Cup barring injury.. He would get play time from January.. Also amongst the present eagles, he is the only one that has scored at the World Cup.. 2 WC goals against Argentina..
afc##
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:He got it spot on! Rohr will not let what happened to the great Keshi repeat itself. This is the same point in 2013 months before the wc that the evil forces of Nff started bringing up rubbish players into the mix that doomed the 14 team. We have a ton of uchebos and babatundes waiting but Rohr knows better.

Imho, the only players that should be given immediate consideration in friendlies are J Obi, nwakali, baser and Onyekuru.The rest should proven themselves by performing outa their minds to be considered.
Nine months is still long away, but Rohr has not really looked at Joel Obi, Azubuike Okechukwu and Kelechi Nwakali, but they deserve serious watch as competition against Ogu and Agu. Also think he needs to try to convince Udoukhai at Wolfsburg to strongly consider switching, now that we have qualified; he is a huge talent that would almost eliminate the current deficiencies we have in the defence, and give him the option of playing 3 solid centre backs and 2 wing backs if required.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Why take Udoukhai when we have Awaziem?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Sheikh wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:He got it spot on! Rohr will not let what happened to the great Keshi repeat itself. This is the same point in 2013 months before the wc that the evil forces of Nff started bringing up rubbish players into the mix that doomed the 14 team. We have a ton of uchebos and babatundes waiting but Rohr knows better.

Nine months is still long away, but Rohr has not really looked at Joel Obi, Azubuike Okechukwu and Kelechi Nwakali, but they deserve serious watch as competition against Ogu and Agu. Also think he needs to try to convince Udoukhai at Wolfsburg to strongly consider switching, now that we have qualified; he is a huge talent that would almost eliminate the current deficiencies we have in the defence, and give him the option of playing 3 solid centre backs and 2 wing backs if required.
I heard from reliable sources that Udoukhai has been contacted and is giving Nigeria's offer serious consideration.
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

John Mikel Obi, Victor Moses, Alex Iwobi, Leon Balogun, William Troost-Ekong, Moses Simon, Ogenyi Onazi, Wilfred Ndidi, Odion Ighalo, Elderson Echiejile, Shehu Abdullahi, Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Kelechi Iheanacho, Ola Aina
these are the main SE of today, 9 spots left,
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

marutimon wrote:Why take Udoukhai when we have Awaziem?
Both players are young and inexperienced with not only about 2 caps between them. If you want to challenge for the title you cannot fill the team will too many inexperienced players. I see fans agitating for so many new players whose international quality is unknown.

Lets learn from successful teams like Germany, Spain & Brazil how many new players did they introduce after the qualification process???remember Ogbeche, Lukmon benedict all useless players but the time were considered great inclusions.
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Both can, actually should, be included. Udoukhai is more left sided and Awaziem is more right sided. Therefore 4 central defenders in the squad (Balogun, Ekong, Awaziem and Udoukhai). Omeruo does not currently make the mark, and is evidently fast declining. Udoukhai is a regular (mainstay of the Wolsfburg defence) and therefore plays at a higher level than Ekong and more regularly in the Bundesliga than Balogun.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Sheikh wrote:
Both can, actually should, be included. Udoukhai is more left sided and Awaziem is more right sided. Therefore 4 central defenders in the squad (Balogun, Ekong, Awaziem and Udoukhai). Omeruo does not currently make the mark, and is evidently fast declining. Udoukhai is a regular (mainstay of the Wolsfburg defence) and therefore plays at a higher level than Ekong and more regularly in the Bundesliga than Balogun.
Can he play LB?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

maceo4 wrote:
Sheikh wrote:
Can he play LB?
Yes; I believe so as he is left footed and is quick. He also plays defensive midfield which means he is a good passer. Highly rated in Germany, and is likened to Jerome Boateng. I think Germany would try to make sure he does not switch. He is that good. WC may be tempting though, so no harm in trying.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Mr Shows wrote:[/video]

Who is going to fill this legends boots on the plane to Russia..
Paul onuachu is closest to being better than igaho. But replace yekini, they never born that person yet.