cyriel dessers might debut against Algeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: cyriel dessers might debut against Algeria

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I trust Rohr to fish out talent in the run-up to the World Cup. Knowing him, he will use the Algeria game to try out a whole raft of new players.

Because he and I think alike, I kind of know what he intends to do. I can see that Algeria game uncovering a few gems and everyone saying: "Wow, he must be in our starting line-up."

It kind of reminds the way Clemence Westerhoff brought Efan Ekoku into the team in 1994. Towards the end of the campaign, he had brought in the likes of Sunday Oliseh and Austin Okocha and after qualification also recalled Peter Rufai and Chidi Nwanu.

Like Westerhoff, Rohr knows the current squad is nowhere near good enough so is keen to find new players asap. This process starts with the Algeria game!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Funny dude...

PS: Btw, it was the Nigerian press that hounded Westerhof into calling up Okocha and Oliseh (and he initially did not seem too impressed with Okocha), and recalling Nwanu (whom he seemed to be feuding with) after the 1994 ANC. As for Ekoku, he was lucky to have made a splash of scoring 4 goals in an EPL game in the period leading towards the ANC and immediately ignited a clamor among the press for his invitation. Nice guy, but ultimately turned out to be below average as an Eagles’ player.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Gotti wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I trust Rohr to fish out talent in the run-up to the World Cup. Knowing him, he will use the Algeria game to try out a whole raft of new players.

Because he and I think alike, I kind of know what he intends to do. I can see that Algeria game uncovering a few gems and everyone saying: "Wow, he must be in our starting line-up."

It kind of reminds the way Clemence Westerhoff brought Efan Ekoku into the team in 1994. Towards the end of the campaign, he had brought in the likes of Sunday Oliseh and Austin Okocha and after qualification also recalled Peter Rufai and Chidi Nwanu.

Like Westerhoff, Rohr knows the current squad is nowhere near good enough so is keen to find new players asap. This process starts with the Algeria game!

Funny dude...

PS: Btw, it was the Nigerian press that hounded Westerhof into calling up Okocha and Oliseh (and he initially did not seem too impressed with Okocha), and recalling Nwanu (whom he seemed to be feuding with) after the 1994 ANC. As for Ekoku, he was lucky to have made a splash of scoring 4 goals in an EPL game in the period leading towards the ANC and immediately ignited a clamor among the press for his invitation. Nice guy, but ultimately turned out to be below average as an Eagles’ player.
thought I was the only one that saw the funny parts in red.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Funny dude...

Make Una no put sand sand for Ayo garri o. Heard his big belly has slimmed down....bobos dey try reup their big belle game.... :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gotti wrote:

Funny dude...

How many Eagles strikers were better than Efan Ekoku in 1994? Our four best strikers by a mile back them were Rashidi Yekini, Daniel Amokachi, Victor Ikpeba and Efan Ekoku.

Anyway, why am I even arguing with you? Gernot Rohr will inject new blood into the team. You can take that to the bank!
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

I'm not sure that's being fair to Ekoku...Yekini was one of the best Strikers in the world at the time (and IMO the best to ever play for Nigeria). It was always going to be hard for Efan to get on the pitch.
Gotti wrote:

Funny dude...

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

nanijoe wrote:I'm not sure that's being fair to Ekoku...Yekini was one of the best Strikers in the world at the time (and IMO the best to ever play for Nigeria). It was always going to be hard for Efan to get on the pitch.
Gotti wrote:

Funny dude...

No point really responding to Gotti. In 2017, Efan Ekoku would have made the number nine shirt his permanent property!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Funny dude...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :taunt: Nna, I laff ehhh. wAyo will always be himself. What is the over or under of how many lineups bobo go write?

Will he dethrone Ohenhehehe or will Ohenhehehehe remain undefeated?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

This is how they derail our preparations. They will start recommending many 'hey yous' now to the coach. Make una leave the team ALONE. Your duty as a FAN is to support the team and not help the coach look for unknown and undiscovered 'gem'
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
nanijoe wrote:I'm not sure that's being fair to Ekoku...Yekini was one of the best Strikers in the world at the time (and IMO the best to ever play for Nigeria). It was always going to be hard for Efan to get on the pitch.
No point really responding to Gotti. In 2017, Efan Ekoku would have made the number nine shirt his permanent property!
And please remind us how many games Efan played for the SE after Yekini's reign as first-choice?! :blink:

I already cut Efangwu some slack because he is a cool dude, but frankly he was sub-par as an Eagles' striker. He was taken to the 1995 King Fahd Confederation Cup as the primary striker, since Yekini was not on the squad (and even Ikpeba, who I rate as relatively a much BETTER Eagles' striker than Efan, was not available), and dude promptly stunk up the joint. He had to be substituted in the first two games for ineffectiveness and was dropped entirely for the last game (vs Mexico). I also recall his coming on as a substitute for Yekini for effectively a "homecoming" appearance at Wembley against England, for what turned out to be yet another decidedly pedestrian performance. But hey, both of you are always welcome to remind us of ONE (just a single one) game in which Efan put in a remarkable performance in an Eagles' shirt........ We will be waiting. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Gotti wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
And please remind us how many games Efan played for the SE after Yekini's reign as first-choice?! :blink:

I already cut Efangwu some slack because he is a cool dude, but frankly he was sub-par as an Eagles' striker. He was taken to the 1995 King Fahd Confederation Cup as the primary striker, since Yekini was not on the squad (and even Ikpeba, who I rate as relatively a much BETTER Eagles' striker than Efan, was not available), and dude promptly stunk up the joint. He had to be substituted in the first two games for ineffectiveness and was dropped entirely for the last game (vs Mexico). I also recall his coming on as a substitute for Yekini for effectively a "homecoming" appearance at Wembley against England, for what turned out to be yet another decidedly pedestrian performance. But hey, both of you are always welcome to remind us of ONE (just a single one) game in which Efan put in a remarkable performance in an Eagles' shirt........ We will be waiting. SMH
To be fair it took Yekini years before he became deadly for Nigeria. He was a lumbering log in 1984, and a gangling mess at both Maroc and Seoul 88, before he began to find his footing at Algiers 99.

I don't think Ekoku had a decent run of games to judge him a bust. I vividly remember him playing only one competitive game for Nigeria...against Zaire at Tunisia 94 and after that Nigeria got banned from international tourneys until 2000.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

theYemster wrote:To be fair it took Yekini years before he became deadly for Nigeria. He was a lumbering log in 1984, and a gangling mess at both Maroc and Seoul 88, before he began to find his footing at Algiers 99.

I don't think Ekoku had a decent run of games to judge him a bust. I vividly remember him playing only one competitive game for Nigeria...against Zaire at Tunisia 94 and after that Nigeria got banned from international tourneys until 2000.
What has that got to do with anything? :blink:

How long did it take Julius Aghahowa? Thompson Usiyen? Victor Agali? Emmanuel Emenike? Daniel Amokachi? Even Yakubu Aiyegbeni, that the same Ayo never ceased to yab on this forum? Yekini is Yekini and Efan is Efan, and at no time did I confuse both or measure Efan against Yekini - which to be brutally frank would be unfair to Efan (and some might argue an insult to Yekini and his blessed memory). Again, I am loathe to be too hard on Efan because he is a truly nice dude, but the factual reality is that he SUCKED in Eagles’ colors. We have had many players who failed to live up to billing in Eagles colors (even Jonathan Akpoborie who is often held up as an example of this actually did WAY better than Efan), and have thus been quickly discarded without the benefit of a long run in the team (albeit Efan apparently claims to have been capped 20 times for Nigeria). Not particularly sure why some are stressing themselves over the stark REALITY of Efan’s SE suckiness.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:Whats the latest on Bazee. He seems to have dropped off the radar in recent times. Is he still injured?
He has almost completed his rehabilitation. Meanwhile both Joel Obi and Nura Abdullahi are back in training with their clubs after overcoming injuries.
Aina and Shehu have the right back position on lockdown. If Aina is pushed to the left, then it leaves Ebuehi and Nura jockeying for the backup spot.

Joel will need to stay fit for the whole season to stand a chance and with his injury record, that may be a big ask. The competition is going to get tough..all good for the SE :thumb:
ROhr would go with 7 defenders to the WC.
. 4 central D
. 2 left backs
. 1 right back

for left back, its going to be Elderson and Aina (he would also deputize for the right back)
for right back position, its between Nura, Abdullai and Ebuehi. If Nura stays well, i know he would break into ROma starting 11 by Jan and it would be a tough one for ROhr to pick between either Nura or Shehu
Lmao.. you are very funny. Take it or leave it, Shehu owns that right back position..
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gotti, I believe Efan actually played very well at Wembley. See Grahame Le Saux's goal line clearance preventing a certain goal from him here:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

As usual, the initial steps towards self destruction of Nigeria's success at the World Cup has begun.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8