If you were to bet on one out of Argentina and the US...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
If you were to bet on one out of Argentina and the US...

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

...qualifying last night, who would you have put your money on?

[1] Personally I thought they would both qualify last night
[2] Argentina just needed to beat Ecuador away
[3] Team USA just needed to beat Trinidad & Tobago away
[4] A lot of people doubted Argentina but I never did. As expected, Lionel Messi came up trumps with a hat trick
[5] I fully expected Altidore to do the same for the US and put Trinidad to the sword
[6] However, for the first time since 1986, the US failed to stand up and be counted when the chips were down
[7] We all grew up knowing about the American never-say-die spirit. What happened to it last night?
[8] When I look at the way the likes of Argentina, Croatia, Ireland, Australia, etc all snatched victory from the jaws of defeat through sheer tenacity, fight and determination, I am perplexed as to why the US could not do the same
[9] Sometimes you do not need to play fancifully. You just need to go in and win all three points whatever it takes. Australia and Tim Cahill showed us exactly how that should be done
[10] If it was a Nigerian team that failed the way the US did in Trinidad and Tobago, I would be scathing in my criticism. For me, that was not about talent but a lack of spirit. Does this indicate a terminal decline in US "soccer?"
gochino
Egg
Egg
Re: If you were to bet on one out of Argentina and the US...

Post by gochino »

Why always the focus on the US team on this site??What is so special about US being at the World cup???
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

gochino wrote:Why always the focus on the US team on this site??What is so special about US being at the World cup???

They represent the new scientific approach to football. Do you know they even check babies legs at birth to see those who will become good footballers?
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
gochino wrote:Why always the focus on the US team on this site??What is so special about US being at the World cup???

They represent the new scientific approach to football. Do you know they even check babies legs at birth to see those who will become good footballers?
I live in the US and never heard of this,where did you get this info?
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Ayo,NO! they do not because I have 3 children of my own that I cut the cords during birth and I live in USA. Stop making up stories please.
Football is growing but in a labor room, they are focused on having a safe birth and no one does such an absurd thing you just wrote. :evil:

On a second though, I think you are being sacarstic. :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cito wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Ayo,NO! they do not because I have 3 children of my own that I cut the cords during birth and I live in USA. Stop making up stories please.
Football is growing but in a labor room, they are focused on having a safe birth and no one does such an absurd thing you just wrote. :evil:

Write to the US Soccer Federation for more details. I am sure they can point you in the right direction.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

AY, REALLY? Fear God bro...Check legs ke? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

By the way, that second Trinidad goal must have been scored from about 50 yards out. What on earth was Tim Howard doing?

That US team was very poor last night. What a lacklustre performance.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:By the way, that second Trinidad goal must have been scored from about 50 yards out. What on earth was Tim Howard doing?

They really were and frankly it is a damn shame. That is if you ask me...smdh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Robbynice wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:By the way, that second Trinidad goal must have been scored from about 50 yards out. What on earth was Tim Howard doing?

They really were and frankly it is a damn shame. That is if you ask me...smdh

If we want to ask me, if the US cannot beat Trinidad & Tobago, they have no business in the World Cup. Countries in the same position that went away and got wins include:

Croatia
Ireland
Argentina
Senegal
Tunisia

Do you know a draw would have seen the US through? They were really pathetic!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:They represent the new scientific approach to football.
Do you know they even check babies legs at birth to see those who will become good footballers?
It can't get any more comical than this. There is no better joke on CE this year.
:lol: :rotf: :lol: :rotf: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Purity wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

omey2k4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

I live in the US and never heard of this,where did you get this info?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

going by this thread, you can bet our honorable minister for opaks yarning Ayo Akinfe is the type of guy that will garnish the curiosity of his football enthused kids on a cool Saturday evening family gathering with fables about the legends of Thunder Balogun scoring a scorcher from 100 yards out...and how Nigeria lost by a centurion goals to India with Okwaraji scoring the only lone goal after the ball turned into stone and fire during it's goal bound trajectory...
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cito wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Write to the US Soccer Federation for more details. I am sure they can point you in the right direction.
You are serious, ain't you? :shock:

Wow!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Maan, you are one weird sounding dude? Really?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.