The decline of Ghana's Kenkebility and Kumasibillty

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The decline of Ghana's Kenkebility and Kumasibillty

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I can see Ghana bouncing back by 2022. The good thing is they know what they have to do.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I am sure our Breadas will be saying to themselves: "There are more people selling kenkey in the Kumasi market than there are in the whole of Iceland. How did we blow this one?"
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

lol.. Ayo be craze man..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Purity wrote:lol.. Ayo be craze man..

Do you also know that there are more people in Accra alone than the whole of Panama?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Robbynice wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:Why are we making Ghana threads on a Nigerian forum? Who gives a shyt?
Do you not love your wife?
I see what you did there bro... :rotf:
Robby, what did Ayo do? :tic: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The decline of the Kenkebility and Kumasibillty

Post by wiseone »

Come on. You cannot be serious. Nigeria's group had 3 of the last 4 African champions, and the highest ranked African team - all in the same dam* group!
Kabalega wrote:Easy on Ghana.
They were in a tougher group than Nigeria’s group.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Interesting fact....

Nigeria debut at the WorldCup in 1994 but missed a FOURTH straight appearance in 2006

Ghana debut 2006, to miss FOURTH appearance in 2018
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

6 out of 7 WCs for Nigeria is not bad (the 7th lost out on head to head results despite having a far superior goal difference!). Most consistent African qualifier. Has Nigeria now played at the WC more than any other African team?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The decline of the Kenkebility and Kumasibillty

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
Tbite wrote:
Kabalega wrote:Easy on Ghana.
They were in a tougher group than Nigeria’s group.
Ghana is the only team in that group that had made it to the WC in my lifetime. Egypt is the only team in that group that had won the ANC in my lifetime.

In our Group, Cameroon, Zambia and Nigeria had won the ANC in my lifetime, while Cameroon Nigeria and Algeria had qualified for the ANC in my lifetime! Let us not confuse the results with supposed weakness.

Sometimes great teams just make good teams look poor. In both games Zambia pushed us to the end, even in our 4-0 routing of Cameroon, they pushed us hard in the early stages. We simply had the ruthlessness of Germany and discouraged our opponents.

We rendered competitive sides a shadow of themselves. That takes nothing away from the difficulty of the group. If you replaced Congo Brazaville with Kinshasa, then perhaps I would even take you slightly seriously.
Why do you always write a dissertation for a simple matter? The Ugandan kabukabu is only talking up the group because useless cranes were in the group. Just ignore him
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Robbynice wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:Why are we making Ghana threads on a Nigerian forum? Who gives a shyt?

Do you not love your wife?
I see what you did there bro... :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

wiseone wrote:6 out of 7 WCs for Nigeria is not bad (the 7th lost out on head to head results despite having a far superior goal difference!). Most consistent African qualifier. Has Nigeria now played at the WC more than any other African team?
Those pesky plantainians have been there 7 times
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Given that Ghanaians are everywhere, I wonder if there will be kenkey stalls at Russia 2018. The very least Nigerian fans can do for their bredas is to patronise their goods.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Nope. Ghana has qualified for the WC only 2-3 times I believe. Only a north African team like Algeria or Egypt can rival Nigeria's record.
pajimoh wrote:
wiseone wrote:6 out of 7 WCs for Nigeria is not bad (the 7th lost out on head to head results despite having a far superior goal difference!). Most consistent African qualifier. Has Nigeria now played at the WC more than any other African team?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

wiseone wrote:Nope. Ghana has qualified for the WC only 2-3 times I believe. Only a north African team like Algeria or Egypt can rival Nigeria's record.
pajimoh wrote:
Plantainians are Cameroonians. I think they hold the record

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/African ... _World_Cup
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

It's not about how many times you have qualified but it's about "what you achieved" we cannot be boastful about our World Cup appearance but haven't achieved a quarter finals appearance while a team like Senegal is it on their 1st try
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

john12 wrote:It's not about how many times you have qualified but it's about "what you achieved" we cannot be boastful about our World Cup appearance but haven't achieved a quarter finals appearance while a team like Senegal is it on their 1st try
:agree: :agree: :clap: :clap:
What’s the point of showing up to drink garri, bend over to be shafted by all and sundry. :D
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

john12 wrote:It's not about how many times you have qualified but it's about "what you achieved" we cannot be boastful about our World Cup appearance but haven't achieved a quarter finals appearance while a team like Senegal is it on their 1st try
One can argue that it's not about how far you went in ONE competition and became a one-hit wonder but how consistently you've gone beyond the average African WC performance. Nigeria has won the most games in the WC for an African team and reached the last 16 the most times but we only started going to the WC in 1994. OK, we agree that we've been poor at the WC but where are the other African teams that are doing so much better than us?
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

No excuses this time. We must become the first African team to reach the semi finals.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:No excuses this time. We must become the first African team to reach the semi finals.
Really? How about winning it?

You have a German coach.
The government is spending on the team.
Pinick & the NFF are behaving.
What excuse do you have for not aiming higher?
Talent? :tic: :)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Win the WC with our current players? QF would be an over-achievement in terms of the personnel Nigeria has.
Kabalega wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:No excuses this time. We must become the first African team to reach the semi finals.
Really? How about winning it?

You have a German coach.
The government is spending on the team.
Pinick & the NFF are behaving.
What excuse do you have for not aiming higher?
Talent?
:tic: :)
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Really? Of course we must achieve but you have to be there to be able to make waves. Look at the countries that have won it, very few. The rest can only hope to be active participants and the experience will bear fruits one day
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Oops. Hard to keep up with all the yabs on this site, and talk of bredas, midgets, and the like.
pajimoh wrote: Plantainians are Cameroonians. I think they hold the record

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/African ... _World_Cup