My line-up for the Nov 6 match against Algeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

olu
Egg
Egg
Re: My line-up for the Nov 6 match against Algeria

Post by olu »

Ezenwa (or better NPFL goalie)
Tyrone Awazeim Omeruo Aina
Etebo. Agu
Iwobi
Nwakueme Iheanacho Onyekeru
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

1naija wrote:
Mexico fielded their full squad against Panama last week eventhough they have already qualified. I am sure they have 11 new players that they could have started in the game but they didn't.

Mexico is far ahead of Nigeria in terms of their team development. I dont think there are many unanswered questions in terms of their squad selection.

Remember this is the same core team that played in Brazil, played in 2015 Goldcup and 2 Copa Americas, a Confederations cup, and another Goldcup, plus their qualifying for worldcup has far more games than we have played.

During that time Nigeria has missed 2 ANC's, multiple coaches who all played all manner of junk players.

So you cannot compare Mexico to Nigeria at all.

Their squad is settled, ours is far from it.

Had we played in all of those competative matches that Mexico has I dont think we would be needing to experiment, but we haven't , so every match is crucial, we cannot waste time.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

vancity eagle wrote:
1naija wrote:
Mexico fielded their full squad against Panama last week eventhough they have already qualified. I am sure they have 11 new players that they could have started in the game but they didn't.

Mexico is far ahead of Nigeria in terms of their team development. I dont think there are many unanswered questions in terms of their squad selection.

Remember this is the same core team that played in Brazil, played in 2015 Goldcup and 2 Copa Americas, a Confederations cup, and another Goldcup, plus their qualifying for worldcup has far more games than we have played.

During that time Nigeria has missed 2 ANC's, multiple coaches who all played all manner of junk players.

Had we played in all of those competative matches that Mexico has I dont think we would be needing to experiment, but we haven't , so every match is crucial, we cannot waste time.
You are actually making my point. If Mexico that is far ahead of Nigeria in team development can continue to build team Chemistry when they have qualified for the WC, why do you want Nigeria to bring in new players who have little chance of making the WC team to play in a competitive game that Nigeria could use to further strengthen the team? Whether you accept it or not, the core players that will form the WC team barring injuries and severe loss of form is already in place.

I am sure Rohr will follow my line of thought. Besides he learnt from the SA game that it's a bad idea to make a wholesale change in a competitive game. What do you think will happen if Nigeria fields a second string team against Algeria and get's creamed? People (including many of us) will questions his coaching ability and start calling for a "world class" coach for the WC.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
cic old boy wrote:1. Nobody cares about your internet coaching.

2. A dead rubber match is not the "deep end".

Algeria will not lie down against Nigeria! They will bring their A game to the pitch against us.

If you think we will beat them with the same ease as Zambia did at home, you have another think coming. Yesterday, Algeria let Cameroon hammer them 2-0 in what was a dead rubber match. Against is, the situation will change as they will want our scalp!
...despite sey dem don fall im hand many times Ayo's still spending his retirement income on the defunct Madam Cleo Psychic Hotline for 2nd hand football prediction :boo:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:*******************************Osimhen*********************************

****************Iheanacho******************Olanare*******************

**************************************Iwobi******************************

***************Etebo**************************Nwakali******************

***Aina*************Awazien***************Agbo*************Ebuehi***

***********************************Enyeama (C)**************************

Time to throw these boys in at the deep end. I see no reason why this team cannot get a result away in Algiers.
based on this bs I think Rohr fit call me up too..I mean..what stops him from fielding a spectator? :evil: what's the worst that can happen? :mad:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

1naija wrote:We need this game more than Algeria needs it since qualification is not at stake for either team. Nigeria needs to continue to build team chemistry. Making a wholesale change makes no sense. I would only change 2 players from the team that started against Zambia, namely Ola Aina for Echiejile, and Iwobi for Mikel. Those are the only 2 spots we need serious back up at. I would then bring in Akpeyi at half time, as well as sub out Victor Moses for Nacho and another striker for Ighalo to complete the 3 subs. We can test fringe players in subsequent friendlies.

Would you take Simon Moses to the World Cup?

With the way Onazi loses the ball, would you use him against say a team like Brazil?

Who are your back-up centrebacks?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

1naija wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
1naija wrote:

You are actually making my point. If Mexico that is far ahead of Nigeria in team development can continue to build team Chemistry when they have qualified for the WC, why do you want Nigeria to bring in new players who have little chance of making the WC team to play in a competitive game that Nigeria could use to further strengthen the team? Whether you accept it or not, the core players that will form the WC team barring injuries and severe loss of form is already in place.

I am sure Rohr will follow my line of thought. Besides he learnt from the SA game that it's a bad idea to make a wholesale change in a competitive game. What do you think will happen if Nigeria fields a second string team against Algeria and get's creamed? People (including many of us) will questions his coaching ability and start calling for a "world class" coach for the WC.

You simply do not get it do you? Rohr needs to find about five be starters!!!! Mexico do not have that headache.

Phew!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
1naija wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
1naija wrote:

You simply do not get it do you? Rohr needs to find about five be starters!!!! Mexico do not have that headache.

Phew!
And we can find them under Ikoyi bridge just like there are 10 okochas under the bridge, right?

Coming to the think of it, Okocha did play like he was found under the Ikoyi bridge!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

1naija wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
1naija wrote:

Phew!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Mikel, Ighalo and Echiejile ruled out of Algeria tie

Nigeria defender Elderson Echejile will be out for at least four weeks after he suffered a muscle injury during the country’s home win over Zambia at the weekend and as such he will miss next month’s World Cup qualifier in Algeria.

Turkey-based Elderson was forced out of the Zambia game in Uyo after 79 minutes because of the injury and was replaced by Ola Aina.

“Already we know that Elderson Echiejile is ruled out of the game because he is out for about four weeks due to the injury he sustained,” Rohr told SCORENigeria

It will be a chance to try a new player for the Eagles leftback position as Elderson has played the role all through the country’s qualifying campaign.

Another muscle injury kept him out of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

By Arafat Aliu

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has said skipper Mikel Obi and striker Odion Ighalo, who are both based in China, will not be available for next month’s final 2018 World Cup qualifier in Algeria because of concerns over the logistics to connect Africa from the Far East within a short notice.

Nigeria have already qualified for Russia 2018, but they play their final World Cup qualifier in Constantine in Algeria on November 6.

Rohr informed SCORENigeria: “For the China players, it would be difficult for them to make the game because they would be having their matches in the weekend before the game and as such it would be difficult for them to make it to Africa within the short time available.”

Officials have already disclosed that Nigeria plan to train in Morocco for the Algeria game.

By Arafat Aliu
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/10/11/r ... qualifier/
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
1naija wrote:We need this game more than Algeria needs it since qualification is not at stake for either team. Nigeria needs to continue to build team chemistry. Making a wholesale change makes no sense. I would only change 2 players from the team that started against Zambia, namely Ola Aina for Echiejile, and Iwobi for Mikel. Those are the only 2 spots we need serious back up at. I would then bring in Akpeyi at half time, as well as sub out Victor Moses for Nacho and another striker for Ighalo to complete the 3 subs. We can test fringe players in subsequent friendlies.

With the way Onazi loses the ball, would you use him against say a team like Brazil?

Which balls does Onazi lose? What are you talking about? Onazi was our best outfield player at the last World Cup so why would anybody not be comfortable taking him to this world cup, when he actually has gotten better at certain aspects of his game including passing, and leadership being the vice captain of the team.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Which balls does Onazi lose? What are you talking about? Onazi was our best outfield player at the last World Cup so why would anybody not be comfortable taking him to this world cup, when he actually has gotten better at certain aspects of his game including passing, and leadership being the vice captain of the team.

So you are picking the 2018 team based on what happened in 2014? According to the logic of your theory, Yobo should also play then.

Ogenyi Onazi is a total liability against teams that counter attack you swiftly when you lose the ball. Go and see how Argentina punished Ecuador thrice like that last night with Lionel Messi scoring a hat trick. Only a madman ready for admission to the lunatic asylum would Onazi in a match like that!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

So you are picking the 2018 team based on what happened in 2014? According to the logic of your theory, Yobo should also play then.

Ogenyi Onazi is a total liability against teams that counter attack you swiftly when you lose the ball. Go and see how Argentina punished Ecuador thrice like that last night with Lionel Messi scoring a hat trick. Only a madman ready for admission to the lunatic asylum would Onazi in a match like that!
Did you miss the bolded part? Onazi is actually a better player now than he was then and still has the same energy buzzing around the midfield. The drop off in quality was pretty apparent when he went off for Mikel Agu. We should find capable back ups for every position, but sorry to tell ya bud, barring injury Onazi will be one of the first names on the starting lineup in Russia...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Did you miss the bolded part? Onazi is actually a better player now than he was then and still has the same energy buzzing around the midfield. The drop off in quality was pretty apparent when he went off for Mikel Agu. We should find capable back ups for every position, but sorry to tell ya bud, barring injury Onazi will be one of the first names on the starting lineup in Russia...

Some of you just drive me crazy on this forum. Did you see the goal Onazi gifted Algeria here:

We play him in the World Cup at our peril!
adebisy
Egg
Egg

Post by adebisy »

ohenhen1 wrote:Friendlies are meant to test new players. The Algerian game is a friendly. The starting 11 shouldn't be invited with the exception of Ezenwa. When will the likes of Alampasu, Agu and Aina get game action? What if a starter gets injured in a meaningless game?. We have to learn how to plan properly in Nigeria. If I were Victor Moses I would refuse the call up and go on vacation.
I see this as an opportunity for friendly free of charge. Rohr should use the opportunity to start blending is team more while trying new additions. He should start his core players and make changes in area he wants to test new player. The core players don't have to play 90 minutes as he needs to test backup players also.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Some of you just drive me crazy on this forum. Did you see the goal Onazi gifted Algeria here:

Ayo, so you don't go crazy let me indulge you. So...who should we play instead of Onazi at CM/DM who will never make a mistake, who will never give the ball away, who will always be perfect. Please let me know who this player is then we can go from there. Just saying toss out Onazi without a better replacement is pointless banter...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Ayo, so you don't go crazy let me indulge you. So...who should we play instead of Onazi at CM/DM who will never make a mistake, who will never give the ball away, who will always be perfect. Please let me know who this player is then we can go from there. Just saying toss out Onazi without a better replacement is pointless banter...
I will play Mikel back deeper alongside Ndidi and then use Kelechi Nwakali as my playmaker!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
I will play Mikel back deeper alongside Ndidi and then use Kelechi Nwakali as my playmaker!
Nwakali that has barely played a handful of games in the useless dutch league? And I'm driving you crazy? Mikel that doesn't play DM anymore at his club? That doesn't have the same lungs to chase down opponents that the likes of Onazi? In that video you posted did you see Mikel even attempt to help out defensively?

Ayo Ayo you will never change sha. I was even hoping you would say Joel Obi, that one I can see, he has lungs as well to break up plays. Let Rohr invite Joel Obi, Okechuckwu and the others, but I have a feeling Nwakali is not really on his radar. We need to try other players for depth, but hope you will still support when you see vice capito out there with his dyed hair strutting his stuff :mrgreen:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Nwakali that has barely played a handful of games in the useless dutch league? And I'm driving you crazy? Mikel that doesn't play DM anymore at his club? That doesn't have the same lungs to chase down opponents that the likes of Onazi? In that video you posted did you see Mikel even attempt to help out defensively?

Ayo Ayo you will never change sha. I was even hoping you would say Joel Obi, that one I can see, he has lungs as well to break up plays. Let Rohr invite Joel Obi, Okechuckwu and the others, but I have a feeling Nwakali is not really on his radar. We need to try other players for depth, but hope you will still support when you see vice capito out there with his dyed hair strutting his stuff :mrgreen:
In 1994, how many games had Okocha and Oliseh played before the World Cup?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

What do you mean? They were on the ANC winning team and played in WC qualifiers, at this point Nwakali has never even been invited to the team and there is no indication that Rohr is even looking in his direction. Also, nothing Nwakali has done so far at club level qualifies him for a NT look in, but hey I'm fine with giving any qualified Nigerian a chance.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

What do you mean? They were on the ANC winning team and played in WC qualifiers, at this point Nwakali has never even been invited to the team and there is no indication that Rohr is even looking in his direction. Also, nothing Nwakali has done so far at club level qualifies him for a NT look in, but hey I'm fine with giving any qualified Nigerian a chance.

This boy looks the real deal to me: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ws-9441559
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo is fixated again! Just like he was fixated on Friday Onyekwu in 2002, 15 years later, it is Nwakili, a boy who has done nothing to be brought into the SE and the vice captain, Onazi, tossed aside. Thank God, Ayo is not the coach. Barring injury, Onazi is going to the 2018 WC as a starter.
I am happy
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

It will be a very quick 3 and out for you then.
Kelechi Nwakali as your playmaker? Is that why most of the coaches of the clubs he has been on loan to play him as an out and out winger?
Please. Yall are setting the kid up for a big fall.
Ayo Akinfe wrote: I will play Mikel back deeper alongside Ndidi and then use Kelechi Nwakali as my playmaker!