Bruce Arena is USA's Onigbinde

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Bruce Arena is USA's Onigbinde

Post by 1naija »

Instead of him to take Klinsmans evaluation that USMNT talent pool is not as deep as Americans think and try to agressively pursue Europe and South American based US citizens for the MNT, he tried to use no name players to go to the WC. And i laugh when they try to make Jose Altidore out to be a super star.

They need to get back to the drawing board.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Bruce Arena is USA's Onigbinde

Post by Siddonlook11 »

1naija wrote:Instead of him to take Klinsmans evaluation that USMNT talent pool is not as deep as Americans think and try to agressively pursue Europe and South American based US citizens for the MNT, he tried to use no name players to go to the WC. And i laugh when they try to make Jose Altidore out to be a super star.

But I have to say Pulisic alone for fit take them t world cup o ..that kid na certified baller !
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
1naija wrote:Instead of him to take Klinsmans evaluation that USMNT talent pool is not as deep as Americans think and try to agressively pursue Europe and South American based US citizens for the MNT, he tried to use no name players to go to the WC. And i laugh when they try to make Jose Altidore out to be a super star.

But I have to say Pulisic alone for fit take them t world cup o ..that kid na certified baller !
That's my point. He should have recruited 11 Pulisics instead of trying to use some MLS players. The only MLS players i would have used for the WC qualifiers are Bradley and Dempsey.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

OMG best analogy ever. So true. two utterly out of their depth coaches.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

True word my bro.

At least we nor go get national anthem argument for Russia. Thank God for that.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

I also think he is not good enough tactically. I did not see the full game, but from the highlights I saw and the line up, it looked like an attack minded team looking for a win away from home when all they needed was 1 point to qualify. I don't think Klinsmann would have lost that game.
yes o
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Bruce Arena disagrees with Kinsmann's assessment of MLS talent.
He also does not believe in selecting 2nd tier European league players over MLS.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Bruce Arena is a VERY good coach.

He got the best he could from the players available to him.

How quick folks forget the $#% hole Klinsmann put them into. Arena came on a salvage mission and failed. But the $#% hole was dug by Klinsmann.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Cellular wrote:Bruce Arena is a VERY good coach.

How quick folks forget the $#% hole Klinsmann put them into. Arena came on a salvage mission and failed. But the $#% hole was dug by Klinsmann.

Cellular I love you but what are you saying man!? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

ElHadary wrote:

Cellular I love you but what are you saying man!? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Looks like he is saying that the players Bruce Arena picked were not good enough.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Bro, I no gree. What hole did Klinsme dig for them? They lost the first two games and they panicked. All of a sudden they didn't think Klinsman could do it and went to bring back Bruce Arena who uses emotion over brain. Did Klinsman lose the rest of the Hexagonal? What was the job of Bruce Arena? To come bring them out of the whole or to further sink them?
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

metalalloy wrote:

clueless folks usually run in packs, case and point.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

when will OU go back to the drawing board? Its been the same story since 2000.
Saints baby we did it
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

finally the pre-paid we elected with 99 percent of the vote is back! I never gave up hope.
Saints baby we did it
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

King Futcha wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Calm down, its the truth you know. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Altidore is a very useless footballer
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Ipe Grams wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Calm down, its the truth you know. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
you again.

Saints baby we did it
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Altidore is a very useless footballer
Is that so?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=232781
Saints baby we did it
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

King Futcha wrote:

when will OU go back to the drawing board? Its been the same story since 2000.
Murds, the reference to OU is uncalled for. Please do your thing...accidentally delete.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Bruce Arena is not a very good coach. In fact he is not a good coach. It's not Klinsman that caused him to lose to Costa Rica at home and could not beat T&T that was playing for absolutely nothing. That's not whay very good coahes do.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote:

Bruce Arena is not a very good coach. In fact he is not a good coach. It's not Klinsman that caused him to lose to Costa Rica at home and could not beat T&T that was playing for absolutely nothing. That's not whay very good coahes do.
He is the BEST soccer coach in US soccer history which includes Klinsmann. His resume speaks for itself.
Took them to their highest ever FIFA ranking, fourth.
Reached the Quarterfinals at the World Cup.

He took over from Klinsmann who lost two world cup qualification games. Unlike Amodu who is an expert in salvage mission, he wasn't able to salvage US World Cup qualification this time around.

Had he started the qualification rounds, US would have qualified with games to spare.

TnT game on the road was always going to be tough...

But the result does not diminish his pedigree as a coach or the remarkable turn around that fell short.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:

He is the BEST soccer coach in US soccer history which includes Klinsmann. His resume speaks for itself.

He took over from Klinsmann who lost two world cup qualification games. Unlike Amodu who is an expert in salvage mission, he wasn't able to salvage US World Cup qualification this time around.

Had he started the qualification rounds, US would have qualified with games to spare.

But the result does not diminish his pedigree as a coach or the remarkable turn around that fell short.

You seem to be making a case that Klinsmann is a bad coach. No one is arguing with you on that.

Bruce Arena was hired in November 2016 after Klinsmann was fired. So he was the coach for 8 of the qualifiers. His record in those 8 games was 3 wins, 3 draws, and 2 losses. That's not the record of a great coach, and you can't blame such record on Klinsmann. Unlike African qualifiers where only one team from each group qualifies for the WC, the top 3 teams from concacaf qualify for the tournament. So you may be able to blame Klinsmann's initial losses on why US did not top the group or why they did not finish second in the group. But you CANNOT blame their failure to qualify for the WC on him, especially when Arena was in charge for 8 games!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:

He took over from Klinsmann who lost two world cup qualification games.
Unlike Amodu who is an expert in salvage mission, he wasn't able to salvage US World Cup qualification this time around.

He had 8 more games to go after Klinsman was fired, EIGHT! apart from Mexico who lost 1, every other team in the group lost at least 2 games. Eight games to go in a group where the top three qualified and the fourth had a shot at qualifying via a playoff, in CONCACRAP, against world beaters like Trinidad and Tobago, Honduras and Panama, apparently is a mountain too high to climb? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Arena is a fossil who had no business leading a national team especially in light of the rubbish comments he made about foreign born Americans. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16