Is this the best possible 11 Nigeria can field in a game

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Shownoja
Egg
Egg
Re: Is this the best possible 11 Nigeria can field in a game

Post by Shownoja »

Sir V wrote:Ayo, at this point in time Ola is not better than Shehu Abdullahi.
God bless
To stop trying is to start dying
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Shownoja wrote:
Sir V wrote:Ayo, at this point in time Ola is not better than Shehu Abdullahi.
God bless
Aina is head and shoulders a better RB than Shehu,not even close. Pls stop deceiving yasef on YouTube.
OCCUPY NFF!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

could we just delete this thread
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

We need a rightback as good as Sylvannus Okpala, Yisa Shofoluwe and Chidi Odiadi to make an impact in Russia. For me, Shehu Abdullahi is not of that class. I want to see Ola Aina tried our to see if he is.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:We need a rightback as good as Sylvannus Okpala, Yisa Shofoluwe and Chidi Odiadi to make an impact in Russia. For me, Shehu Abdullahi is not of that class. I want to see Ola Aina tried our to see if he is.
So U want to 'try' someone whom U have no conviction is better than the starter...the word 'if' is a massive giveaway
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

joao wrote:Ayo, please try to keep sentiments out of SE selection.
Aina strolled on the field once and you believe he will do better than Shehu?
Onyekuru is talented, but just like Success is a ball huger and can't make quick decisions
on passing the ball. The younger Nwakali is for the future, as he is not mature enough. I
would not mind him going to Russia for the experience though
Experience wetin? Abeg If he wan experience Russia he can always go on vacation..we need guys that will help us WIN THE CUP..
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

paj wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:We need a rightback as good as Sylvannus Okpala, Yisa Shofoluwe and Chidi Odiadi to make an impact in Russia. For me, Shehu Abdullahi is not of that class. I want to see Ola Aina tried our to see if he is.
So U want to 'try' someone whom U have no conviction is better than the starter...the word 'if' is a massive giveaway
But we already know Abdullahi is not of that quality. We thus need to look for someone who is, starting with Aina.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Not sure of lineup but the following players will make my shortlist.

Sure bets barring any loss of form or injury
Ezenwa
Shehu
Ola Aina
Balogun
Ekong
Onazi
Ndidi
Mikel
Iwobi
Nacho
Nwakali
Moses V
Moses S
Ighalo
Etebo

Need to see more of

Osimhen
Onyekuru
Bazee
Kayode

Musa can nick a final spot if there's no better alternative but for now he won't make my final cut.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

theYemster wrote:Not sure of lineup but the following players will make my shortlist.

Sure bets barring any loss of form or injury
Ezenwa
Shehu
Ola Aina
Balogun
Ekong
Onazi
Ndidi
Mikel
Iwobi
Nacho
Nwakali
Moses V
Moses S
Ighalo
Etebo

Need to see more of

Osimhen
Onyekuru
Bazee
Kayode

Musa can nick a final spot if there's no better alternative but for now he won't make my final cut.
Three goalkeepers
Four fullbacks
Four cebntrebacks
Four central midfielders
Two playmakers
Two targetmen
Four wide forwards
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Yeah I know. The players I've listed for into those categories. That's why I've left the remaining slots open to be filled up accordingly.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

theYemster wrote:Yeah I know. The players I've listed for into those categories. That's why I've left the remaining slots open to be filled up accordingly.

Simon Moses will not get in my list of top 30 players. He appears to have two left feet, is a Forest Gump type player and lacks the intellectual ability to create on the edge of the area. All he has is pace and a ferocious shot. Not good enough for the World Cup in my opinion.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

metalalloy wrote:
In 1994, Clemence Westerhoff dropped many of the veterans who secured qualification. This included the likes of:
Thankfully, all signs seem to suggest that Rohr has more coaching acumen in his pinkie finger than Clemence Westerhoff has in his entire brain.

Ps. Amunike, Okocha and Oliseh all played in qualifiers or nations cup before the world cup. There is no way on earth that barring injury, Rohr is making wholesale changes to the group of players he has been working with. Just not going to happen.

I tire for my people. So if there are better players than those who played in the qualifiers, Rohr should not pick them?

Phew! We really need to elevate our level of thinking as a people.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I am not perturbed by all that banter as Rohr knows what he is doing. I am sure he will be the first to admit that many of the players who prosecuted the qualifiers are not good enough for the World Cup proper.

In 1994, Clemence Westerhoff dropped many of the veterans who secured qualification. This included the likes of:

Nduka Ugbade
Isaac Semitoje
Friday Ekpo
John Okon
Friday Elahor

He replaced them with fresh youngsters who were unknown but were better. Rohr will do the same thing this time around.

In 1993, the likes of Sunday Oliseh, Austin Okocha, Emmanuel Ammunike, etc were unknown quantities but they all made the squad and we're phenomenal. The likes of Rufai, Emenalor and Nwanu were also all recalled.
This man!!

I'm done after this.

Amunike was the star of the U-23 National team that played at the 1991 All African games in Egypt. The Cameroonians were hacking him and he got a red card for throwing an elbow in frustration (I don't even think it connected well, but the Plantainian was rolling all over the floor). Anyway he was certainly well known as one of the hottest prospects in Nigeria, and Zamalek snapped him up thereafter and they knocked Stores out of the ACL in the Semis the next year. Maybe CE's contributing editor did not know him.

I watched JJ live throughout our WC qualifying series in Surulere right from that amazing freekick vs Algeria. Like Gotti mentioned, the local press (except for Paul Bassey who insisted Friday Ekpo was better) was all over Westerhorf for not inviting JJ.

Oliseh debuted sometime afterwards, I think against Ethiopia. He did not play as much in the qualifiers, but was fully established in the SE by the time of the 2014 CAN which took place about 5 months before the World Cup.

So these guys were certainly not unknown quantities.