I feel Ike Uche can help us

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Re: I feel Ike Uche can help us

Post by DIMKA76 »

I really like Uche, I was surprised with the way he disappeared to Mexico from Spain and apparently doing well. Shocked to hear he is playing in the 2nd division for Gimnàstic de Tarragona. What happened?
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

I hear one of the issues against Uche was about his tracking back to help the defence.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

highbury wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
highbury wrote:What do you all think? He is 33yrs. He can help us. He is still very good and fit. Of course he will need to earn his place

Uche is a complete baller, he reminds me of Romario, he is still scoring and his experience is vital, Rohr should give him a chance, only the best should go to Russia, no sentiments allowed
Exactly! I don't know what the fuss is all about. Folks are just getting pissed off for no reason. None! I am not saying he must go to Russia. I am saying, give him a chance and see if he is worthy to get a spot. The same chance Enyeama will be given. Sometimes the reasoning and angst I see on CE baffles me. It doesn't pass the reasoning test

Enyeama doesn't have any competition

THere are plenty of younger talents that Ike Uche would be competing with.

I was one of Ikes biggest fans and Keshi did a massive disservice to not take him to Brazil and instead take junks like ameobi , Uchebo , and Babatunde, but Ike's time has past.

Perhaps the best SE striker ever to not play at a WC, but his time has past.
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

Nah Martins weh spoil pass. The guy get skill pass Messi ...

<
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote:
highbury wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
highbury wrote:What do you all think? He is 33yrs. He can help us. He is still very good and fit. Of course he will need to earn his place

Uche is a complete baller, he reminds me of Romario, he is still scoring and his experience is vital, Rohr should give him a chance, only the best should go to Russia, no sentiments allowed
Exactly! I don't know what the fuss is all about. Folks are just getting pissed off for no reason. None! I am not saying he must go to Russia. I am saying, give him a chance and see if he is worthy to get a spot. The same chance Enyeama will be given. Sometimes the reasoning and angst I see on CE baffles me. It doesn't pass the reasoning test

Enyeama doesn't have any competition

THere are plenty of younger talents that Ike Uche would be competing with.

I was one of Ikes biggest fans and Keshi did a massive disservice to not take him to Brazil and instead take junks like ameobi , Uchebo , and Babatunde, but Ike's time has past.

Perhaps the best SE striker ever to not play at a WC, but his time has past.

I thought competition was a good thing
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

highbury, no.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Why not??!!

1. Enyeanma
2. Ike Uche

:clap: :clap: :clap:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Let's bring back Okocha while we're at it. I feel we need someone who can dribble and can carve open defenses, plus his World Cup experience is invaluable.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

goldenera94 wrote:As long as he is fit and playing club ball. On compassionate ground, based on injuries, service, and meanness by late Keshi, Uche should be selected.

why stop there, Oruma was made to "wepted", he deserves a call over Ik Uche, afterall, we need an AM
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

imehjunior wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Whatever happened to all those strikers that were popping up and scoring in the league a few years back ? Two of them were from Obong’s hood. Then there was one Chikatara or something like that.
Mfon Udoh is with Enyimba.

He and Godwin Obaje are proving to be consistent goalscorers over the last 3-5 years in the NPFL.
I don't know if Emem Eduok is still in Tunisia.
Emem Eduok is currently with Kasimpasa of Turkey (on loan from Esperance Tunisia). He's teammates with Omeruo.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

The world cup should be played by players who were on the radar during qualification, so that the players currently doing the qualifiers and those peripheral players who were close to selection, only consider the outside chances when the others have been given a chance and they blow it....Ezenwa has emerged as a credible goalkeeper

Granted I think we need a striker but we must be careful about plucking old stars who have not had time to gel with the team set up in over three years, and who may in fact be past their best

One thing I notice is that a lot of these older players suddenly get a burst of energy in the build up to the world cup then flop at the mundial...Shola Ameobi comes to mind, as does Yekini in 1998
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

akamoke wrote:The world cup should be played by players who were on the radar during qualification, so that the players currently doing the qualifiers and those peripheral players who were close to selection, only consider the outside chances when the others have been given a chance and they blow it....Ezenwa has emerged as a credible goalkeeper

Granted I think we need a striker but we must be careful about plucking old stars who have not had time to gel with the team set up in over three years, and who may in fact be past their best

One thing I notice is that a lot of these older players suddenly get a burst of energy in the build up to the world cup then flop at the mundial...Shola Ameobi comes to mind, as does Yekini in 1998
... probably because they were/are looking for invitation to the world cup tournament, once there, they become relaxed and breaths a sigh of relief while enjoying their "official" stay with the team.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Samson Siasia seems to have kept himself in shape.
Same with Oliseh.
But the player I'm most excited about seeing in Russia is Odegbami. We need more mathematical football.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

waka-man wrote:Samson Siasia seems to have kept himself in shape.
Same with Oliseh.
But the player I'm most excited about seeing in Russia is Odegbami. We need more mathematical football.
Fantastic!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Odas wrote:
akamoke wrote:The world cup should be played by players who were on the radar during qualification, so that the players currently doing the qualifiers and those peripheral players who were close to selection, only consider the outside chances when the others have been given a chance and they blow it....Ezenwa has emerged as a credible goalkeeper

... probably because they were/are looking for invitation to the world cup tournament, once there, they become relaxed and breaths a sigh of relief while enjoying their "official" stay with the team.
Yeah, that was what I was getting at
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

waka-man wrote:Samson Siasia seems to have kept himself in shape.
Same with Oliseh.
Don't quit your day job, :rotf: anyway Roger Milla is an example that you can't buy experience, if Uche is currently better than any attacker we have then he should make it to Russia. Simple and plain
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Me na Nwaneri i wan see ,he is a multi tasking defender,very valuable asset i tell you all.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Well if we must go there I think Austin Jay Jay Okocha should make the team. The bobo is still in shape and playing with his nephew will make him feel young again. I mean this is a player that is so good that they named him twice...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger