Rohr on Lagos radio 91.3; Russia2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg
Rohr on Lagos radio 91.3; Russia2018

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

So I understand Rohr was live this morning. Below is an highlight of his talk;

1. Enyeama might come back
2. An U-20 player that played for a big country will switch and play for us (Refused to mention his name); Torunarigha?
3. If Carl heals, he will make it to Russia even if he doesn't play.
4. Advised the players to each give Carl out of their match bonuses for support.
5. Fringe players will play against Algeria.
6. Ogu was injured in the last game. That was why he was not subbed on. Ebuehi was as well injured.
7. Home based players won't be invited solely because our journalists want them. Only the best players will be invited.
8. On Simon vs Alex starting in the last game, it was a 50-50 situation at that time, and he allowed his staff vote for or against.
9. When he subbed in Alex, he told him to 'finish the job'. He knew Zambia would tire out.
10. He is aware of the issue/concerns about Echejiele, that's why one of the German boys is coming.
11. He knows Simon's final balls are horrendous. Working on it.
12. Speaking with Mainz coach on Balogun to ensure he plays regularly.
13. "You don't change a winning team?"; He does not necessarily believe in this.
14. Believes in one-touch, two-touch football. Not just running around. You lose the ball, you fight back for it.
15. Impossible to play in Lagos because the pitch is bad,
16. Friendlies against Europe and South American countries are being lined up.

Not first hand information so anyone who listened to he interview may verify. Hopefully we get the full script soon.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Rohr on Lagos radio 91.3; Russia2018

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

proclaimjesus02 wrote:So I understand Rohr was live this morning. Below is an highlight of his talk;

2. An U-20 player that played for a big country will switch and play for us (Refused to mention his name); Torunarigha?
4. Advised the players to each give Carl out of their match bonuses for support.
6. Ogu was injured in the last game. That was why he was not subbed on. Ebuehi was as well injured.
7. Home based players won't be invited solely because our journalists want them. Only the best players will be invited.
8. On Simon vs Alex starting in the last game, it was a 50-50 situation at that time, and he allowed his staff vote for or against.
9. When he subbed in Alex, he told him to 'finish the job'. He knew Zambia would tire out.
10. He is aware of the issue/concerns about Echejiele, that's why one of the German boys is coming.
13. "You don't change a winning team?"; He does not necessarily believe in this.
14. Believes in one-touch, two-touch football. Not just running around. You lose the ball, you fight back for it.

Not first hand information so anyone who listened to he interview may verify. Hopefully we get the full script soon.

Sounds promising. Torunarigha and Enyeama returning can only be a good thing.
Komani
Egg
Egg

Post by Komani »

Probably Kevin Akpoguma.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Not sure Torunarigha is fully fit though. He has not been playing for Hertha of late.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Komani wrote:Probably Kevin Akpoguma.

Let the speculation begin :tic:

Winner receives WC tickets to watch Blank Stars play all their group matches in Russia 2018 :sneaky:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

proclaimjesus02 wrote:So I understand Rohr was live this morning. Below is an highlight of his talk;

Oga, thanks for the synopsis of his interview. :thumb:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Did he address the issue of the lack of a clinical finisher . I don't believe Ighalo is World Cup starting material . He is surely devoid of the ability to be SE main striker. This is an important issue that must be addressed if SE will realize their greatest potentials.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

bully12 wrote:Did he address the issue of the lack of a clinical finisher . I don't believe Ighalo is World Cup starting material . He is surely devoid of the ability to be SE main striker. This is an important issue that must be addressed if SE will realize their greatest potentials.

He basically has to pick two of the following:

Odion Ighalo
Brown Ideye
Henry Onyekuru
Anthony Nwakaeme
Isaac Success
Victor Osimhen
Kayode Olanrewaju
Dominic Solanke
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Surely Tammy is the U20 player joining...
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

bully12 wrote:Did he address the issue of the lack of a clinical finisher . I don't believe Ighalo is World Cup starting material . He is surely devoid of the ability to be SE main striker. This is an important issue that must be addressed if SE will realize their greatest potentials.
Who are you asking this question: the guy who started the thread or the guy who heard the program?

Did u actually read and comprehend the circumstances thru which the guy made the post before you start bullying him with questions?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I believe it is Felix Udoukhai.
I am happy
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Rohr is impressive..... Never liked FCs but this man knows what he is doing.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

nemi2002 wrote:Rohr is impressive..... Never liked FCs but this man knows what he is doing.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I like the fact that he is not being sentimental. He has made it clear he will pick his best 23 for Russia!
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Akpoguma is a center back. It's either one of Torunarigha or Felix Udokhai.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

oyek wrote:
You could be right. But I believe Kevin Akpoguma also can play on the right side of defense. And he did so at U20 WC.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Cellular wrote:
oyek wrote:
You could be right. But I believe Kevin Akpoguma also can play on the right side of defense. And he did so at U20 WC.
The refrence is Echejiele's backup/replacement at left side of defense.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

nemi2002 wrote:Rohr is impressive..... Never liked FCs but this man knows what he is doing.
Ol'boy I am very impressed mehn. Especially with not forgetting Carl. He makes players feel like they will not be forgotten no matter what. :clap:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Great gesture towards Ikeme. Great for team spirit!

The comments on Simon's wastefulness and the need to play one-touch and keep it simple suggest he read the Naijiant.com match report.
https://www.naijiant.com/sports/joy-rel ... place-uyo/
http://www.naijiant.com/
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Felix Udokhai actually plays on the left side of the central defence. When they play three at the back, he is on the left but he also plays there in a back four. If you ask me, he and Balogun would be the ideal central defensive partnership. Check him out here in Die Bundesliga:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

I like the fact that he is not being sentimental. He has made it clear he will pick his best 23 for Russia!
I guess he will stand in the public and say he wont pick his best 23. Wait until una begin see strange faces.....people here have even started bringing back players from the dead to come and pick a jersey.

How he will handle the pressure in the background is the key ,forget what he is saying. But i hope he will be resolute and firm..because roforofo dey happen behind the scene and this will intensify as the mundial date draws closer!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

oloye wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

I guess he will stand in the public and say he wont pick his best 23. Wait until una begin see strange faces.....people here have even started bringing back players from the dead to come and pick a jersey.

How he will handle the pressure in the background is the key ,forget what he is saying. But i hope he will be resolute and firm..because roforofo dey happen behind the scene and this will intensify as the mundial date draws closer!

They tried it with Westerhoff and Bonfere and they both told them where to go. Do you remember Bonfere writing to Fifa telling them to disregard any list that was not written in his own handwriting?

I fully expect Rohr to be resolute. In all fairness to Pinnick and Dalung though, so far, they have not interfered in team matters at all.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

cic old boy wrote:Great gesture towards Ikeme. Great for team spirit!

The comments on Simon's wastefulness and the need to play one-touch and keep it simple suggest he read the Naijiant.com match report.
https://www.naijiant.com/sports/joy-rel ... place-uyo/
He was coaching the game. I am sure he didn't have to read a report to see what happened on the pitch...lol
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Robbynice wrote:He was coaching the game. I am sure he didn't have to read a report to see what happened on the pitch...lol
:lol: :lol: Baba Oni had to wait till he was interviewing Lagerback b/4 he found out what we did wrong at the 2002 WC.
http://www.naijiant.com/