My line-up for the Nov 6 match against Algeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Re: My line-up for the Nov 6 match against Algeria

Post by Otitokoro »

You remember, right? :rotf: :rotf:
Dammy wrote:Ayo is fixated again! Just like he was fixated on Friday Onyekwu in 2002, 15 years later, it is Nwakili, a boy who has done nothing to be brought into the SE and the vice captain, Onazi, tossed aside. Thank God, Ayo is not the coach. Barring injury, Onazi is going to the 2018 WC as a starter.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Otitokoro wrote:It will be a very quick 3 and out for you then.
Kelechi Nwakali as your playmaker? Is that why most of the coaches of the clubs he has been on loan to play him as an out and out winger?
Please. Yall are setting the kid up for a big fall.
Ayo Akinfe wrote: I will play Mikel back deeper alongside Ndidi and then use Kelechi Nwakali as my playmaker!
Remember how WC 2010 nearly destroyed Lukman Harunas career, kai this Ayo never changes.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

No need to respond top some of you here because Gernot Rohr is doing exactly what I have been suggesting here. His ruling Mikel and Ighalo out of the Algeria game is something that really gladdens my heart.

There is so much telepathy between me and this man that yes, I am feeling confident. When he publishes his list of 23 players for the game, you will find very little difference between it and mine.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
1naija wrote:We need this game more than Algeria needs it since qualification is not at stake for either team. Nigeria needs to continue to build team chemistry. Making a wholesale change makes no sense. I would only change 2 players from the team that started against Zambia, namely Ola Aina for Echiejile, and Iwobi for Mikel. Those are the only 2 spots we need serious back up at. I would then bring in Akpeyi at half time, as well as sub out Victor Moses for Nacho and another striker for Ighalo to complete the 3 subs. We can test fringe players in subsequent friendlies.

Mexico fielded their full squad against Panama last week eventhough they have already qualified. I am sure they have 11 new players that they could have started in the game but they didn't.

Would you take Simon Moses to the World Cup?

With the way Onazi loses the ball, would you use him against say a team like Brazil?

Who are your back-up centrebacks?
Which balls does Onazi lose? What are you talking about? Onazi was our best outfield player at the last World Cup so why would anybody not be comfortable taking him to this world cup, when he actually has gotten better at certain aspects of his game including passing, and leadership being the vice captain of the team.

So you are picking the 2018 team based on what happened in 2014? According to the logic of your theory, Yobo should also play then.

Ogenyi Onazi is a total liability against teams that counter attack you swiftly when you lose the ball. Go and see how Argentina punished Ecuador thrice like that last night with Lionel Messi scoring a hat trick. Only a madman ready for admission to the lunatic asylum would Onazi in a match like that!
Did you miss the bolded part? Onazi is actually a better player now than he was then and still has the same energy buzzing around the midfield. The drop off in quality was pretty apparent when he went off for Mikel Agu. We should find capable back ups for every position, but sorry to tell ya bud, barring injury Onazi will be one of the first names on the starting lineup in Russia...

Some of you just drive me crazy on this forum. Did you see the goal Onazi gifted Algeria here:

We play him in the World Cup at our peril!
Onazi, is still one of the best defensive midfielders we have, who do you suggest should replace him? Nwakalli is more offensive and can not win tackles like onazi or Mikel.

Agbo is not a central defender, and i wonder why you would consider him there when he is a red card simulator.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mikel and Ndidi are our best defensive shield in front of the back four. Personally, Nwakali gets the nod over Iwobi for me as a playmaker anyday.

One biog decision Rohr will have to make is who will be his targetman. I see him trying our five or six new players here until he gets his man.

Fullbacks are also key. Let us see if Ola Aina is the real deal.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Ayo, What's your rationale for picking Nwakali, a player that has started less than than 5 games in the Dutch league over Iwobi who seems to be rediscovering his form at Arsenal?

Also, I'm not convinced AM is Nwakali's best position. Like Mikel, I think he may be more effective playing in a deeper role as a DM/CM. In Holland, he's also been used primarily as a right winger.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Mikel and Ndidi are our best defensive shield in front of the back four. Personally, Nwakali gets the nod over Iwobi for me as a playmaker anyday.

One biog decision Rohr will have to make is who will be his targetman. I see him trying our five or six new players here until he gets his man.

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

olu wrote:Ayo, What's your rationale for picking Nwakali, a player that has started less than than 5 games in the Dutch league over Iwobi who seems to be rediscovering his form at Arsenal?

Also, I'm not convinced AM is Nwakali's best position. Like Mikel, I think he may be more effective playing in a deeper role as a DM/CM. In Holland, he's also been used primarily as a right winger.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Mikel and Ndidi are our best defensive shield in front of the back four. Personally, Nwakali gets the nod over Iwobi for me as a playmaker anyday.

Name me one Nigerian who can distribute the ball as good as Kelechi Nwakali.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

1naija wrote:We need this game more than Algeria needs it since qualification is not at stake for either team. Nigeria needs to continue to build team chemistry. Making a wholesale change makes no sense. I would only change 2 players from the team that started against Zambia, namely Ola Aina for Echiejile, and Iwobi for Mikel. Those are the only 2 spots we need serious back up at. I would then bring in Akpeyi at half time, as well as sub out Victor Moses for Nacho and another striker for Ighalo to complete the 3 subs. We can test fringe players in subsequent friendlies.

Mexico fielded their full squad against Panama last week eventhough they have already qualified. I am sure they have 11 new players that they could have started in the game but they didn't.
:agree: but with about 3 changes.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Iwobi, Mikel, and Sone Aluko
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
olu wrote:Ayo, What's your rationale for picking Nwakali, a player that has started less than than 5 games in the Dutch league over Iwobi who seems to be rediscovering his form at Arsenal?

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Otitokoro wrote:You remember, right? :rotf: :rotf:
Dammy wrote:Ayo is fixated again! Just like he was fixated on Friday Onyekwu in 2002, 15 years later, it is Nwakili, a boy who has done nothing to be brought into the SE and the vice captain, Onazi, tossed aside. Thank God, Ayo is not the coach. Barring injury, Onazi is going to the 2018 WC as a starter.
Where is that Osaze is 'NOT' a striker thread???

We have agents of destruction! They are already touting different types of players to the coach. This was what they did with Berti Vogts that created problem for them. While we have many 'FANS' on this site we also have some licensed agents and wannabe agents.

Ayo is just looking for 'handshake' that will allow him access to the coach! He may be promising to some players that he can get the call up to the NT.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

olu wrote:Iwobi, Mikel, and Sone Aluko
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Some Aluko's best days are behind him. Our central midfield desperately needs the passing ability of Mikel and Nwakali.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

wanaj0 wrote:
mystic wrote:Una don come again.
'Agents' at work. All they want is an handshake :taunt:
It is getting ridiculous ...
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I however, believe Rohr will go with a team that looks like this:

***************************Osimhen*****************************

***************Iheanacho****************Bazee****************

*********************************Iwobi***************************

**************Etebo*******************Nwakali*****************

***Aina*********Awazien*********Uduokhai********Ebuehi***

*****************************Enyeama (C)***********************

If you ask me, there is a chance all 11 may make his World Cup squad along with the following:

[1] Ikechukwu Ezenwa
[2] Daniel Akpeyi
[3] Shehu Abdullahi
[4] Jordan Tourinigha
[5] Leon Balogun
[6] William Ekong
[7] Mikel Obi
[8] Wilfred Ndidi
[9] Ogenyi Onazi
[10] Henry Onyekuru
[11] Victor Moses
[12] Odion Ighalo
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I however, believe Rohr will go with a team that looks like this:

If you ask me, there is a chance all 11 may make his World Cup squad along with the following:

[1] Ikechukwu Ezenwa
[2] Daniel Akpeyi
[3] Shehu Abdullahi
[4] Jordan Tourinigha
[5] Leon Balogun
[6] William Ekong
[7] Mikel Obi
[8] Wilfred Ndidi
[9] Ogenyi Onazi
[10] Henry Onyekuru
[11] Victor Moses
[12] Odion Ighalo
Is Enyeama fit?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Ayo,

I suggest you go and start some research on a new book, as it appears you get excited during the buildup to tournaments and start writing all kinds of things on the forum.

Thankfully, you and Rohr 'think alike', so you can leave the thinking to him on this one, and you should still be happy with the outcomes in terms of personnel deployed.

You can be rest assured that Nwakili will be nowhere close to the plane to Russia though.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I however, believe Rohr will go with a team that looks like this:

[1] Ikechukwu Ezenwa
[2] Daniel Akpeyi
[3] Shehu Abdullahi
[4] Jordan Tourinigha
[5] Leon Balogun
[6] William Ekong
[7] Mikel Obi
[8] Wilfred Ndidi
[9] Ogenyi Onazi
[10] Henry Onyekuru
[11] Victor Moses
[12] Odion Ighalo