AITEO CUP 2017

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AITEO CUP 2017

Post by Senator WIRES »

Akwa =-Champs??????Poor penalties :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Senator WIRES on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Extremely poor penalties
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Akwa wins
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Akwa wins
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Good result for Akwa United and Coach Makaiba. I am happy for Makaiba who has been one of the best coaches in the last few years and he now has silverware to show for it.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote:Good result for Akwa United and Coach Makaiba. I am happy for Makaiba who has been one of the best coaches in the last few years and he now has silverware to show for it.
Congrats EII, your wish came to pass. It was however not easy for Akwa and if not for wasteful finishing and extremely poor penalties (nerves I believe), Tornadoes would have carried the day. For me, they had the clearer chances during the game and should have won in normal time. They led during the penalties (their GK caught, not punched, 2 penalties) but the players let him and themselves down. They at least showed why they beat the league champions Plateau United and FCIU enroute the final. I am beginning to have another view of the home win syndrome and closeness of points on the league table. It would appear that most teams in the NPFL are of approximate strength; after all they are mostly government teams with approximate resources and management style available to them. Anyway, this is a discussion for another day.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ukwala wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Good result for Akwa United and Coach Makaiba. I am happy for Makaiba who has been one of the best coaches in the last few years and he now has silverware to show for it.
Congrats EII, your wish came to pass. It was however not easy for Akwa and if not for wasteful finishing and extremely poor penalties (nerves I believe), Tornadoes would have carried the day. For me, they had the clearer chances during the game and should have won in normal time. They led during the penalties (their GK caught, not punched, 2 penalties) but the players let him and themselves down. They at least showed why they beat the league champions Plateau United and FCIU enroute the final. I am beginning to have another view of the home win syndrome and closeness of points on the league table. It would appear that most teams in the NPFL are of approximate strength; after all they are mostly government teams with approximate resources and management style available to them. Anyway, this is a discussion for another day.
Of course, I did not watch the game as there is no access from here despite claims by some. LOL. I have to rely on your view as you have access and your view tallies with view in the media. I read that Akwa was never allowed to play its possession game. Was it because the field is smaller in size than the Uyo stadium where Akwa plays?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote:
ukwala wrote:
Of course, I did not watch the game as there is no access from here despite claims by some. LOL. I have to rely on your view as you have access and your view tallies with view in the media. I read that Akwa was never allowed to play its possession game. Was it because the field is smaller in size than the Uyo stadium where Akwa plays?
The quality of the game was poor (as was the PK shoot-out) and yes, Akwa did not play to any discernable pattern which could be due to the reason you mentioned but could also be due to the opposition stifling them. All in all, I think it is a sad reflection on Naija footy that our cup final was played in a 5,000 capacity stadium.