Finally, we've found a top goalkeeper

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bully12
Egg
Egg
Re: Finally, we've found a top goalkeepers out

Post by bully12 »

Enugu II wrote:
doctorollie wrote:God has answered our prayers! Just hand over the No 1 jersey to Frank! At least until Carl Ikeme returns! Starting in La Liga is no joke folks and for Deportivo for that matter!

Bros, Uzoho is not news to Rohr. BTW, he has been mentioned severally in the Naija sports papers and by the often derided owngoal.com.
So Rohr knew him but has never extended any invitation to him. I have said it Rohr is extremely conservative to try a devil he doesn't know . All speculations going on here are unnecessary headache because Rohr that I know is not that liberal . You all can take this to the bank
chuks69
Egg
Egg
Re: Finally, we've found a top goalkeeper

Post by chuks69 »

I just pity the short GK.. where does he play nowadays?
afc##
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

The only question Rohr has to answer now is who is number threee? Akpeyi or Alampasu
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

chuks69 wrote:I just pity the short GK.. where does he play nowadays?
The #16 must have been exceptionally good to make the team at that height. Shame that his height would restrict his progress if he does not grow taller.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Damunk wrote:
pajimoh wrote:At this rate Ayo will remove players from the plane on the day of departure to Russia because another foreign player was discovered after 30 minutes training
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

No mind Ayo. He is like a secondary school Games Master
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Orion wrote:
The #16 must have been exceptionally good to make the team at that height. Shame that his height would restrict his progress if he does not grow taller.
...my thought too. You don't just give bribe to be on the national team, you got to be very good to be invited.
And yes, there have been short and agile goalkeepers.
In Nigeria at least, Cyril Okosieme is shorter than Emmanuel Okala but he was always number one for club and country.
In Mexico Jorge Campos was one of the best goalies for el tri.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

mcal wrote:
In Nigeria at least, Cyril Okosieme is shorter than Emmanuel Okala but he was always number one for club and country.
mcal, that na heresy...

Okosieme was only No.1 for as long as Okala was a debutant...not a day longer...
Okala was head & shoulders better than Okosieme... not even a debate...

mcal, take time o...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

mcal wrote:
Orion wrote:
...my thought too. You don't just give bribe to be on the national team, you got to be very good to be invited.
And yes, there have been short and agile goalkeepers.
In Mexico Jorge Campos was one of the best goalies for el tri.
Vincent Enyeama
Fabian Barthez
Shay Given
Jorge Campo
Raymond King

Are not tall people.

My first encounter with a short goalkeeper was in 1975 when a Ghanaian gentlemen named Charles Tetteh manned goal for Alyufsalam Rocks of Ilorin in the Challenge Cup final against Rangers. He was simply super!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

We just need to keep watch and hope he has a good season... The dude has only played 1 game, he may have tons of potential but until he has proven that on a consistent and regular basis, he remains just that.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Is his last name being mispelt?

Which one be Ozoho/Uzoho?

The closest I can think of as being the correct spelling is Uzoha.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Finally, we've found a top goalkeepers out

Post by Enugu II »

bully12 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
doctorollie wrote:God has answered our prayers! Just hand over the No 1 jersey to Frank! At least until Carl Ikeme returns! Starting in La Liga is no joke folks and for Deportivo for that matter!

Bros, Uzoho is not news to Rohr. BTW, he has been mentioned severally in the Naija sports papers and by the often derided owngoal.com.
So Rohr knew him but has never extended any invitation to him. I have said it Rohr is extremely conservative to try a devil he doesn't know . All speculations going on here are unnecessary headache because Rohr that I know is not that liberal . You all can take this to the bank
bully12,

You really cannot expect Rohr to constantly change his team in midst of competition because a Nigerian player is playing well somewhere. In Uzoho's case, how could Rohr have introduced him in a competitive game when Rohr wanted experience between the posts? Part of building the team is also building chemistry. This is the time where he can fully introduce new players because the games will not count. I am certain that new players will be introduced.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
mcal wrote:
mcal, that na heresy...

Okosieme was only No.1 for as long as Okala was a debutant...not a day longer...

mcal, take time o...
:D no mind mcal
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
mcal wrote:
mcal, that na heresy...

mcal, take time o...
Okosieme was not No.1 for Nigeria ooo. He was in Rangers until Okala emerged but not for Nigeria.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Enugu II wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
mcal wrote:
mcal, that na heresy...

mcal, take time o...
Okosieme was not No.1 for Nigeria ooo. He was in Rangers until Okala emerged but not for Nigeria.
Enugu II is right. In 1972, Eyo Essien was Nigeria's goalkeeper. Emmanuel Okala subsequently took over from him and manned goal during the 1973 All African Games, with Joseph Erico as his deputy.

Correct me if I am wrong Enugu II but Okala made his Eagles debut on Dec 4 1972 at the opening of the National Stadium Surulere when we beat Mali 3-0.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

truetalk wrote:Not a big problem for me. Rijeka are a top 2-3 team in Croatia, and they are playing (though fumbling) in Europe. Nwolokor was loaned out and he was called back to the club this season and handed the No. 1 Jesrsey. The guy currently starting (Prskalo) is a borderline Croatian International & is the Vice Captain. Nwolokor has 2 seasons of starting in Europe under his belt and will be fine, either at Rijeka or out on loan.
That’s NOT good enough if he is not seeing any action this season...

That’s akin to saying that Vince Enyeama should just walk into the SE whether or not he sees no action this season, on account of his donkey years as a starting GK in Europe. Form oscillates, regardless of if dude was handed the number half jersey.
Last edited by Gotti on Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Well done to Super Depor for giving African GKs a chance over the years (Songo, Rufai, Kameni, and now young Uzoho).
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

wiseone wrote:Well done to Super Depor for giving African GKs a chance over the years (Songo, Rufai, Kameni, and now young Uzoho).

Kameni played for Valencia.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
mcal wrote:
mcal, that na heresy...

mcal, take time o...
Enugu II is right. In 1972, Eyo Essien was Nigeria's goalkeeper. Emmanuel Okala subsequently took over from him and manned goal during the 1973 All African Games, with Joseph Erico as his deputy.

Correct me if I am wrong Enugu II but Okala made his Eagles debut on Dec 4 1972 at the opening of the National Stadium Surulere when we beat Mali 3-0.
Yeah...1972...barely a year after emerging at Rangers...
Sometimes, a player emerges, and every fan immediately realises that player is star-dust...Okala was the real deal...

Within 1 year, Okala snatched the gloves from Okosieme at Rangers, and banished for good Essien, Fregene, Erico and the rest of the pretenders at the Green Eagles...

Okala would remain undisputed Nigeria No 1 from 1973-1980...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
wiseone wrote:Well done to Super Depor for giving African GKs a chance over the years (Songo, Rufai, Kameni, and now young Uzoho).
Actually, he played for Espanyol and Malaga...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

If he(Uzoh) continues to play regularly for Deportivo in the coming months it will be hard for Rhor to justify not inviting him. We don't exactly have quality in the GK ranks. Ezenwa is too erratic for my liking, Alampasu cant get a game in the Portugese 3rd division while Apkeyi is a crap GK in a crap team in South Africa. Uzoh deserves a chance to fight for a shirt. Another GK that deserves a chance is David Nwokolor who plays in a top club in Croatia that is currently playing in the Europa league.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Nwokolor plays for the Croatian champs HNK Rijeka. However is he their first choice GK playing regularly, or is he still a reserve?
bret- hart wrote:If he(Uzoh) continues to play regularly for Deportivo in the coming months it will be hard for Rhor to justify not inviting him. We don't exactly have quality in the GK ranks. Ezenwa is too erratic for my liking, Alampasu cant get a game in the Portugese 3rd division while Apkeyi is a crap GK in a crap team in South Africa. Uzoh deserves a chance to fight for a shirt. Another GK that deserves a chance is David Nwokolor who plays in a top club in Croatia that is currently playing in the Europa league.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gotti wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Actually, he played for Espanyol and Malaga...
Yep. He did. You are very correct Gotti. The point I was trying to make was that he never played for Deportivo like Sangoo and Rufai.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

wiseone wrote:Nwokolor plays for the Croatian champs HNK Rijeka. However is he their first choice GK playing regularly, or is he still a reserve?
bret- hart wrote:If he(Uzoh) continues to play regularly for Deportivo in the coming months it will be hard for Rhor to justify not inviting him. We don't exactly have quality in the GK ranks. Ezenwa is too erratic for my liking, Alampasu cant get a game in the Portugese 3rd division while Apkeyi is a crap GK in a crap team in South Africa. Uzoh deserves a chance to fight for a shirt. Another GK that deserves a chance is David Nwokolor who plays in a top club in Croatia that is currently playing in the Europa league.
Nwokolor is chopping the pine seriously. He has not seen any action this season at all.