The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bepanda
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by bepanda »

Arsenal propaganda machine has become Fox News like... Trevor Martin did drug in school therefore he must have been threatening George Zimmermann life... No surprise here, Stan Kroenke, the billionaire owner ( and Walmart Heir by marriage), is your prototypical American right wing bigot.
The Arsenal ship has been sinking, and it is just a matter of time ...
Bepanda
Coach wrote:How relevant to discourse is Deeney's criminal record? How pathetic an introduction to a wretched excuse. Ian Wright, Tony Adams, Arsenal legends and both of law breaking pasts. So effing what, how many young black men find themselves on the wrong side of the law and squander the beauty of life, living a life of crime? Deeney the ex-con...because he's rustled feathers in the chicken coop. Embarrassing. At the grand old age, imagine.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

bepanda wrote:Arsenal propaganda machine has become Fox News like... Trevor Martin did drug in school therefore he must have been threatening George Zimmermann life... No surprise here, Stan Kroenke, the billionaire owner ( and Walmart Heir by marriage), is your prototypical American right wing bigot.
The Arsenal ship has been sinking, and it is just a matter of time ...
Bepanda
Coach wrote:How relevant to discourse is Deeney's criminal record? How pathetic an introduction to a wretched excuse. Ian Wright, Tony Adams, Arsenal legends and both of law breaking pasts. So effing what, how many young black men find themselves on the wrong side of the law and squander the beauty of life, living a life of crime? Deeney the ex-con...because he's rustled feathers in the chicken coop. Embarrassing. At the grand old age, imagine.
:clap: :clap:
Yeah....just a matter of time.......dem dey wait like vulture
all these things have to play out
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:Image

Arsene MUST stay. It is the fault of Ozil and Alexis and Van Persie that this Polish drunk learned nothing at Arsenal. Xhaka too.
I knew it will come to this. Here is the link to the full interview.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 02836.html

Szczesny has given an opinion, not once did he mention Wenger, but you want to somehow twist it to suit your narrative. Desperate stuff.

All countries have different methods and approaches, does it mean one is better than the other? Will what work in Italy work in England?
You're correct....for years now, I've suspected that what they play in England isn't football, it's a mix of moneyball and sand volleyball. That's why the coaching is different, Tuesday's in Stoke and all. Guardiola has finally learned the English way right?
You are avoiding my point by trying to deflect. All Clubs/Coaches have different methods and approaches to the game. Szczesny has given an opinion. Do not twist it to suit your revisionist bile.

Show that quote to Henry, Cesc, Bergkamp, Kos, Llungberg, Iwobi etc etc etc etc and let me hear their response. I guess the coaching methods at Arsenal did not, and is not working for all those players and hundreds more like them who worked and still worked with Wenger. This is one reason why I am calling out your revisionist bile.

You have to be intelligent about these things, you cannot just use one quote in an interview, where the same Szczesny said he worked under some great Coaches at Arsenal, and try to twist it to belittle a man who has done and achieved so much in the game. A legend of the club you claim to support. Am sorry, I'm not having such attempt at revisionism.

You talk as if Guardiola is the first to play beautiful attacking football, in the EPL. He is not. There is nothing he has done so far that has not been done in this league, so don't cream all over yourself. Many Managers have done more spending far less.

BTW! Before you get carried away with your premature ejaculation, the league is not won in England in October.

City has spent £1.2b so far in transfer fees alone to see that type of football. Pep has spent far more in 2 seasons than Wenger spent in his first 12 years. Wenger gave us equally good, if not better football that was way ahead of its time, for a fraction of what City has paid and won trophies, yet the same Wenger now gets belittled, abused & insults from you.

See how fickle you are.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Some things are not worth responding to. Arsene will leave Arsenal someday soon. We can revisit this conversation then.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:The best #10 in the world has played 396 EPL MINUTES with 0 goals and 0 assists :laugh:
The best #10 at Arsenal has created by far the most chances on his team in limited minutes. If his chances have not been finished, well go talk to those whose job it is to do so.

I know that you were so good during your sandlot playing days that you played goalie, back man, midfield and attack all in the same match. So good that you passed, assisted, and scored goals all by yourself.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Yea ... the usual excuse ... if others don't finish his chances, maybe he could finish them himself?
Just like he did on Saturday against Watford ... maybe?

And I thought he needed runners ...
Bepanda
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:The best #10 in the world has played 396 EPL MINUTES with 0 goals and 0 assists :laugh:
The best #10 at Arsenal has created by far the most chances on his team in limited minutes. If his chances have not been finished, well go talk to those whose job it is to do so.
I know that you were so good during your sandlot playing days that you played goalie, back man, midfield and attack all in the same match. So good that you passed, assisted, and scored goals all by yourself.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

bepanda wrote:Yea ... the usual excuse ... if others don't finish his chances, maybe he could finish them himself?
Just like he did on Saturday against Watford ... maybe?

And I thought he needed runners ...
Bepanda
platinum wrote:

I'm not sure what the disconnect is here. Sit down and use your brain for a moment, I don't have time to break everything down to you in kiddie pieces. Quit embarrassing yourself because of hatred.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:Image

Arsene MUST stay. It is the fault of Ozil and Alexis and Van Persie that this Polish drunk learned nothing at Arsenal. Xhaka too.
I knew it will come to this. Here is the link to the full interview.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 02836.html

Szczesny has given an opinion, not once did he mention Wenger, but you want to somehow twist it to suit your narrative. Desperate stuff.

All countries have different methods and approaches, does it mean one is better than the other? Will what work in Italy work in England?
You're correct....for years now, I've suspected that what they play in England isn't football, it's a mix of moneyball and sand volleyball. That's why the coaching is different, Tuesday's in Stoke and all. Guardiola has finally learned the English way right?
You are avoiding my point by trying to deflect. All Clubs/Coaches have different methods and approaches to the game. Szczesny has given an opinion. Do not twist it to suit your revisionist bile.

Show that quote to Henry, Cesc, Bergkamp, Kos, Llungberg, Iwobi etc etc etc etc and let me hear their response. I guess the coaching methods at Arsenal did not, and is not working for all those players and hundreds more like them who worked and still worked with Wenger. This is one reason why I am calling out your revisionist bile.

You have to be intelligent about these things, you cannot just use one quote in an interview, where the same Szczesny said he worked under some great Coaches at Arsenal, and try to twist it to belittle a man who has done and achieved so much in the game. A legend of the club you claim to support. Am sorry, I'm not having such attempt at revisionism.

You talk as if Guardiola is the first to play beautiful attacking football, in the EPL. He is not. There is nothing he has done so far that has not been done in this league, so don't cream all over yourself. Many Managers have done more spending far less.

BTW! Before you get carried away with your premature ejaculation, the league is not won in England in October.

City has spent £1.2b so far in transfer fees alone to see that type of football. Pep has spent far more in 2 seasons than Wenger spent in his first 12 years. Wenger gave us equally good, if not better football that was way ahead of its time, for a fraction of what City has paid and won trophies, yet the same Wenger now gets belittled, abused & insults from you.

See how fickle you are.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Some things are not worth responding to. Arsene will leave Arsenal someday soon. We can revisit this conversation then.
Nothing to revisit. Wenger will definitely leave one day. It's the way of the game and life. Read the full interview, Szczesny said he worked under great Coaches at Arsenal, and has nothing but gratitude and praise for what he got at Arsenal, but that is conveniently forgotten as the narrative is being switched to Szczesny attacks Wenger, when he has done nothing of the sort. Ulness, you have an agenda, you will not take a quote and use it out of context of the interview.

You got that quote from Some social media source, you jumped on it without taking your time to try and find out the full context of the quote and the source. You are better than that and you know it. We all make mistakes, we are human.

As a ST holder, I know Wenger and his team must improve or he will be forced out before the end of the season. But, there are a lot of calm heads in that stadium, so an unlucky defeat is annoying and frustrating but it has no bearing on the man so long as he beats Swansea. Arsenal won 6 games and drew 1, before the loss to Watford, this is not lost on many supporters, especially those who pay their money in that stadium. It is also not lost on any reasonable person.

BTW! Go do some study on how Arsenal has played so far this season, you will find some telling stats. Arsenal has been forced to play pragmatic, transition football, despite this, they have created the 4th most chances this season. But along with Liverpool, they have the worst conversion rate and it is hurting us. Lacazette, our top scorer is not getting enough support from his midfield. Our midfielders are not scoring goals and missing too many chances, especially at crucial moments in games. This is hurting the team. Have a look at the Stoke game and the Watford game, the misses from our midfieders is just unforgivable and we have been punished. Just look at chances Iwobi and Ozil wasted to win that game. Look at the chances Welbeck and Ramsey wasted against Stoke. These games have all been decided by the one goal.

Is it any wonder why Wenger is doing his best to keep Sanchez? Sanchez would have taken those chances and we will not be having these debates. Even the much maligned Theo Walcott gets goals from that midfield. We need goals from midfield to help out the defence and the team in winning games.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

Waffiman wrote:
Nkume wrote:I think Deeney is an Arsenal fan. It is left to the Arsenal players to feel the sting and react. We should have been 3 up before the penalty. Bellerin should have scored. Ozil should have scored. Gomes made a Great save on Iwobi.
The ex-con e is a Birmingham fan.

We suffered from the same post-internationals malaise and lack of energy as Chelsea did. Then we were unlucky with the penalty call and the injuries meant Wenger could not make the subs in CM. Sh1t happens at times in football.

Strangely, I did not see a player from Palace trotted out to offer his opinion about how Chelsea did not want it as much. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the crux of the issue to me.

Also we were on a 7 game unbeaten run, not once did I see all the so called Arsenal fans who are quick to abuse, insult come to praise to Manager and his team.

We win 6 and draw 1 of the last 7games, get robbed by the Referee, and suddenly everything is sh1t. Something is sh1t alright.
Who is the ex-con, and how did this necessary for this discussion?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Looks like it's goodbye to the parasite :rotf: :rotf: and thank you God :thumb:

The rumors are already making the rounds in the media on what a hopeless trainer he is by sources within the club :rotf: :rotf:

Why am I not surprised :D
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

shaq wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Nkume wrote:I think Deeney is an Arsenal fan. It is left to the Arsenal players to feel the sting and react. We should have been 3 up before the penalty. Bellerin should have scored. Ozil should have scored. Gomes made a Great save on Iwobi.

We suffered from the same post-internationals malaise and lack of energy as Chelsea did. Then we were unlucky with the penalty call and the injuries meant Wenger could not make the subs in CM. Sh1t happens at times in football.

Strangely, I did not see a player from Palace trotted out to offer his opinion about how Chelsea did not want it as much. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the crux of the issue to me.

Also we were on a 7 game unbeaten run, not once did I see all the so called Arsenal fans who are quick to abuse, insult come to praise to Manager and his team.

We win 6 and draw 1 of the last 7games, get robbed by the Referee, and suddenly everything is sh1t. Something is sh1t alright.
Deeney is the ex-con. I chose to make it necessary. It is my response and I owe no explanation to no one what I decide to write.

I write what I like, if you do not like it, ignore it.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
shaq wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Deeney is the ex-con. I chose to make it necessary. It is my response and I owe no explanation to no one what I decide to write.

Haba Waffi why all this belligerence .... when the guy replies in kind now .....
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:Looks like it's goodbye to the parasite :rotf: :rotf: and thank you God :thumb:

The rumors are already making the rounds in the media on what a hopeless trainer he is by sources within the club :rotf: :rotf:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is it from the ex-players who Ozil had a go at and it has been them on is back. Wrighty and Keown have an axe to grind, so I would not believe a word they BOUT OZIL. Besides, their behaviour has been shameful. They are not helping matter at the club.

Everyone here knows my feelings about Ozil and Sanchez, but Dixon, Keown and Wrighty are being cowardly in their picking on Ozil.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
shaq wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Haba Waffi why all this belligerence .... when the guy replies in kind now .....
Not being belligerent. Just responding to why my rights are been questioned. Simple.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Looks like it's goodbye to the parasite :rotf: :rotf: and thank you God :thumb:

Is it from the ex-players who Ozil had a go at and it has been them on is back. Wrighty and Keown have an axe to grind, so I would not believe a word they BOUT OZIL. Besides, their behaviour has been shameful. They are not helping matter at the club.

Everyone here knows my feelings about Ozil and Sanchez, but Dixon, Keown and Wrighty are being cowardly in their picking on Ozil.

Waffi this is embarrassing . Matter of fact the only person who has embarrassed this club is Ozil by his bloody shameful performances.

You chose to be willfully blind. These guys have put their blood and soul into the game and won titles and know more about the game than you could even fathom and are telling it like it is . Yet an internet wayo grinch like you go come here to insult them.

If I was close to you nah hot slap i for give you for ya insolence :taunt:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
shaq wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Not being belligerent. Just responding to why my rights are been questioned. Simple.
Waffi he asked you that because you deceitfully engaged in character assassination. I personally think Deeney is a punk and a twat for his comments but bringing up his past is beneath you, Haba. I noted elsewhere because the man didn't mention quality, skill or talent but harped on brute force like a donkey.

But if we're bringing up the past we should reference an ingrate imbecile like Tony Adams who was raised at Arsenal, a club who stood by him despite his incarceration and even worse rumored nefarious activities, yet has rewarded their loyalty with insults and lies .... didn't hear you bringing up his past in response to his comments

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Waffi this is embarrassing . Matter of fact the only person who has embarrassed this club is Ozil by his bloody shameful performances.

You chose to be willfully blind. These guys have put their blood and soul into the game and won titles and know more about the game than you could even fathom and are telling it like it is . Yet an internet wayo grinch like you go come here to insult them.

How many chances did Ozil create when he got on that pitch? He made mistakes but he is not responsible for the loss against Watford.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
shaq wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Waffi he asked you that because you deceitfully engaged in character assassination. I personally think Deeney is a punk and a twat for his comments but bringing up his past is beneath you, Haba. I noted elsewhere because the man didn't mention quality, skill or talent but harped on brute force like a donkey.

But if we're bringing up the past we should reference an ingrate imbecile like Tony Adams who was raised at Arsenal, a club who stood by him despite his incarceration and even worse rumored nefarious activities, yet has rewarded their loyalty with insults and lies .... didn't hear you bringing up his past in response to his comments
I have criticised Tony Adams for his behaviour and he has been a f00l. But he is our f00l. He is a Gooner legend. Deeney's comments about fellow pros was unprofessional and uncalled for. Deeney's comment were incorrect and I could not care less about him. He displayed his true colours like the ex-con that he is. I make no apologies for my comments and I have a right to write what I want without having to justify it to anyone, especially when this is being questioned. I do not question anybody's right to their free speech, indeed I will fight for their right to do so. It is this same zeal that makes defend my right with all I have got.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

How many chances did Ozil create when he got on that pitch? He made mistakes but he is not responsible for the loss against Watford.

When you are demanding 375k per week and slamming legends for calling out your ineptitude and then choke in the moment with only the goalie and the whole net at your mercy then you are a loser.

Not to talk of how well the team has performed in his absence . Waffi please stop. Create chances my nyash. Go look at KDB and then have the stones to mention Ozil in the same sentence

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

When you are demanding 375k per week and slamming legends for calling out your ineptitude and then choke in the moment with only the goalie and the whole net at your mercy then you are a loser.

Not to talk of how well the team has performed in his absence . Waffi please stop. Create chances my nyash. Go look at KDB and then have the stones to mention Ozil in the same sentence
Yeah, KDB starts like he is on fire, then he disappears when it matters towards the end of the season. Where was he during the semi-final at Wembley? Ozil was there and he shpwed up when it mattered. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

KDB is a very good player but like Ozil, he too has his flaws.

I cannot defend Ozil's miss but he was not the only player who missed. On his salary demands, Arsenal has made the offer, it is up to him. He will not get crazy money at Arsenal and I am thnkful for that.

Arsenal fans are turning against Ozil and Sanchez in numbers, they are just fed up with both of them.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Two sides of Ozil.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Waffiman wrote:

Waffi my man, Ozil has been shyte, let's call a spade a spade. Arsenal deserves better than Ozil has been dishing. I am not one to unnecessarily bash players but in this case, Ozil deserves all bashing he gets and more.
Ozil with a bit more input is a gem. Ozil with the sulky, I don't care way is a liability. I don't know if its injuries that made him even worse this season but Wenger need him riding the pine and used in little games until he improves.

As for our midfield, Xhaka is just not good enough. I don't understand how Wenger's team went from the Gilbertos and Petits of the world to stiffs like Xhaka who takes a space as big as penalty box to turn. Can't run, sloppy with passes, anticipation as a midfielder is elementary at best and worst of all can't shoot those bullets into the net anymore. What is he doing in the field?

All these points to Wenger and his persistence with terrible players. He needs to mount Ozil, Xhaka and a few more on the bench and play the kids if need be. I'd rather the kids give me 'growing pain' performances than the oldies give me 'I don't give a crap' performances. :curse: :curse: :curse:
Last edited by Cito on Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Yeah, KDB starts like he is on fire, then he disappears when it matters towards the end of the season. Where was he during the semi-final at Wembley? Ozil was there and he shpwed up when it mattered. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

KDB is a very good player but like Ozil, he too has his flaws.

I cannot defend Ozil's miss but he was not the only player who missed. On his salary demands, Arsenal has made the offer, it is up to him. He will not get crazy money at Arsenal and I am thnkful for that.

Arsenal fans are turning against Ozil and Sanchez in numbers, they are just fed up with both of them.

Pssst, Ogbeni Market no dey lie. If it was KDBs contract in the last eight months, the doors would have broken down at the Emirates with suitors. So far, na crickets dey make noise over Ozil :rotf: :rotf: and of course Blind men like Al Waffi :mrgreen:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cito wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Waffi my man, Ozil has been shyte, let's call a spade a spade. Arsenal deserves better than Ozil has been dishing. I am not one to unnecessarily bash players but in this case, Ozil deserves all bashing he gets and more.
Ozil with a bit more input is a gem. Ozil with the sulky, I don't care way is a liability. I don't know if its injuries that made him even worse this season but Wenger need him riding the pine and used in little games until he improves.
As for our midfield, Xhaka is just not good enough. I don't understand how Wenger's team went from the Gilbertos and Petits of the world to stiffs like Xhaka who takes a space as big as penalty box to turn. Can't run, sloppy with passes, anticipation as a midfielder is elementary at best and worst of all can't shoot those bullets into the net anymore. What is he doing in the field?

All these points to Wenger and his persistence with terrible players. He needs to mount Ozil, Xhaka and a few more on the bench and play the kids if need be. I'd rather the kids give me 'growing pain' performances than the oldies give me 'I don't give a crap' performances. :curse: :curse: :curse:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

End of 'tori

MLK.