Onyekuru v PSG

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Onyekuru v PSG

Post by Dammy »

This boy is a gem!, I don't understand why he is not in the SE squad. He is issuing Dani Alves real bitterness. He has forced 2 good saves from the PSG keeper, one a header and the other a one to one with the keeper after leaving Dani Alves for dead. His nutmeg on Veratti left the stadium gasping. Anderlecht are 1-0 down due toa goalkeeping error and could have conceded a 2nd due to a short back pass. Other than that Anderlecht have been the better team
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Onyekuru v PSG

Post by Dammy »

2-0 to PSG, Anderlecht really need to defend better at this level.
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

good player playing for a sh#%y team.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

If he keeps playing at a high level Rohr will invite him.
Dammy wrote:This boy is a gem!, I don't understand why he is not in the SE squad. He is issuing Dani Alves real bitterness. He has forced 2 good saves from the PSG keeper, one a header and the other a one to one with the keeper after leaving Dani Alves for dead. His nutmeg on Veratti left the stadium gasping. Anderlecht are 1-0 down due toa goalkeeping error and could have conceded a 2nd due to a short back pass. Other than that Anderlecht have been the better team
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

his giveaway nearly lead to a 3rd goal
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Onyekuru hits the bar!
I am happy
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Nice easy win for PSG 4 0. Mappen and Neymar didn’t almost score they put the ball in the net
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Showed decent movement and put himself about all night... Would liked to have seen a bit more intelligent play.

We'll likely see him in the Algeria game, however if he puts in another so-so performance he might get sidelined by Rohr.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Mr Shows wrote:Showed decent movement and put himself about all night... Would liked to have seen a bit more intelligent play.

We'll likely see him in the Algeria game, however if he puts in another so-so performance he might get sidelined by Rohr.

Didn't show it against Cameroon in a friendly earlier this year. Hopefully he can play better against Algeria.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:Showed decent movement and put himself about all night... Would liked to have seen a bit more intelligent play.

Didn't show it against Cameroon in a friendly earlier this year. Hopefully he can play better against Algeria.
When? Alternative facts. Ayohenhen
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

He will likely see action in the next game. Rohr just dropped a hint in the news today that he has used about 14 players and he wants to test the new players in the Algeria and friendly game after that to decide who else makes the trip to Russia. He noted there are areas of the team that need to be improved.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

niyi wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Hopefully he actually meant the Togo friendly...
Anderlecht is such a poor side that I feel sorry for Onyekuru.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Siddonlook11 wrote:his giveaway nearly lead to a 3rd goal
Wouldn’t exactly term a pass intercepted by a header in the opponents’ own half as a giveaway...
Dude is not responsible for the whole series of poor defending and bad tackling following the intercept.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

niyi wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

I no even know who you slap, Ayo or Ohenhen, but I like the name well well! Ayohehen! :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

We need to look at it from a prism. Onyekuru's competition is not Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Martial, Hazard, Dembele, Mbappe etc etc.

His competition is Simon Moses, Musa :lol: :lol: And who ever we have been managing. PERSPCTIVE! PRISM!! COMMON SENSE!

I like Onyekuru. he reminds me of Neymar--- a player that can destabilize defenses with his movement and skills, but he has one thing extra -- HE SCORES! Even hazard doesnt have that. As amazing as Hazard is, one criticism I always had about him and why I said he will NEVER reach the level of Neymar, talk less of Ronaldo and Messi is that he doesnt score enough.

Anyway, i prefer Onyekuru to the likes of Musa and Simon. Its Rohr's decision who he prefers.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Did he score?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The responses on this thread is why Nigerians cannot develope or grow anything. Here we have a young man loaded with massive talent who's just discovering himself and all the comments are about what he doesn't do or can't do. It's a shame!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The responses on this thread is why Nigerians cannot develope or grow anything. Here we have a young man loaded with massive talent who's just discovering himself and all the comments are about what he doesn't do or can't do. It's a shame!
Abeg, tell dem, He was playing against one of the top sides in the world and he gave a very good account of himself. He was by far Anderlecht's best player and his talents is far above that of a poor team like Anderlecht.
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I missed the match. Did he play out wide or as a target man?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I missed the match. Did he play out wide or as a target man?
Out wide.
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I saw this and he looked relatively sharp, quick and strong:

(1) Rohr has to first of all decide what is his best position
(2) Does he play Onyekuru out wide on the other flank to Victor Moses or as a target man?
(3) Looking at Onyekuru's strength and physique, would he be ideal competition for Ighalo as target man
(4) A lot may depend on if he returns to Everton in January
(5) I suspect Rohr may play Onyekuru wherever Everton play him
(6) My ideal front three was Moses, Ighalo and Iheanacho but of the trio, only Moses is currently firing on all cylinders
(7) Watching Kelechi Iheanacho's lacklustre display on Monday, I cannot see him starting in current form
(8) Having said that, a lot will happen between now and June. Players gain form, some lose form, all sorts happen. I suspect Rohr will keep his options open
(9) For now, it appears our best front six are Moses, Iwobi, Iheanacho, Onyekuru, Bezee and Osimhen. However, by next month, that could all change
(10) Rohr has the Algeria game and two friendlies in November to find out who his best players are. I trust that by the time we play Seychelles in a Nations Cup qualifier in February, we will know what our best team looks like.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Togo or Cameroon, same difference. He didn't play well during that friendly. And was not invited again after that match. Hopefully he will get another chance against Algeria.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Let’s see how our boy does against Algeria. The excuse currently is he playing in a poor team. He has to perform against Algeria no excuses. I hope Rohl gives him 90 minutes. Hitting the bar looking sharp putting the ball through opponents legs are nice but he has to score. Our team lacks a clinical striker if he wants to replace misses Ighalo he has to score.