Onyekuru v PSG

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Onyekuru v PSG

Post by maceo4 »

He played well and looked like a decent player, hopefully his ball control when running with the ball gets closer as he develops, would be a much more difficult player to deal with.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

[/video]
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

Henry played well all through the 90mins. He is fast, has a fast response, he is decent on the wings. I wish he would get a work permit and get called back by Everton in January.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

jungle-jawara wrote:Henry played well all through the 90mins. He is fast, has a fast response, he is decent on the wings. I wish he would get a work permit and get called back by Everton in January.
Everton - nah. Frying pan to fire.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I am still keen to know what is his best position. I suspect he will be a better striker if played centrally.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

To best accommodate Onyekuru, Rohr may have to switch formation to 4-4-2.

With Bazee, Iwobi, Victor Moses, Musa, S.Moses we are overloaded on the wings. What we haven’t sorted out is a pure out and out finisher. Osimhen may not be ready. Tammy hasn’t committed, Kayode hasn’t lit up the place. Isaac Success is off form, so Onyekuru is our best option here.

He reminds me a lot of Andy Cole. He has the pace but needs to be a bit more clinical and a bit more intelligent with his play (his instinct is to always run with the ball and dribble his marker). Rohr just needs to work out who will be his Dwight York/teddy Sheringham partner. Nacho has the potential but is going off the boil a bit. Since Ighalo isn’t going to be called for the Algeria game. It will be interesting to see who he gets paired with. Maybe Bonaventure will get a call up...
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

We don't have the personnel to play 442. Playing 442 would leave out midfield vulnerable. Onyekuru seems like a decent talent but his not benching Moses or iwobi on the wings nor ighalo or iheanacho up front. He needs to compete with Simon, musa and bazee for a place in our 23. I really want to see that haze guy
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

john12 wrote:We don't have the personnel to play 442. Playing 442 would leave out midfield vulnerable. Onyekuru seems like a decent talent but his not benching Moses or iwobi on the wings nor ighalo or iheanacho up front. He needs to compete with Simon, musa and bazee for a place in our 23. I really want to see that haze guy

*********************** Onyekuru ***************

*********************** Nacho ********************

Victor Moses********Mikel/Ndidi********* Onazi***********Iwobi/Simon

Elderson************Balogun*******Troost***********Aina/Shehu

************************* Ezenwa/Magnet******************

4-4-2
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mr Shows wrote:To best accommodate Onyekuru, Rohr may have to switch formation to 4-4-2.

With Bazee, Iwobi, Victor Moses, Musa, S.Moses we are overloaded on the wings. What we haven’t sorted out is a pure out and out finisher. Osimhen may not be ready. Tammy hasn’t committed, Kayode hasn’t lit up the place. Isaac Success is off form, so Onyekuru is our best option here.

He reminds me a lot of Andy Cole. He has the pace but needs to be a bit more clinical and a bit more intelligent with his play (his instinct is to always run with the ball and dribble his marker). Rohr just needs to work out who will be his Dwight York/teddy Sheringham partner. Nacho has the potential but is going off the boil a bit. Since Ighalo isn’t going to be called for the Algeria game. It will be interesting to see who he gets paired with. Maybe Bonaventure will get a call up...

Bazee has not played at all this season
Iheanacho is out of form

We need to see a lot of our players up the game in the second half of the season. At the moment, things are not looking good.
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Onyekuru is someone to play off the bench. He is a better option than Ahmed Musa. He can dribble and is relatively quick. He's not yet a starting player.

Imho Rohr is looking for:

- DM
- Strong physical No 9 that can play in the box
- WB

We can manage our striking issue but DM and at least one good WB is critical if we are to go anywhere at the World Cup.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Dammy wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The responses on this thread is why Nigerians cannot develope or grow anything. Here we have a young man loaded with massive talent who's just discovering himself and all the comments are about what he doesn't do or can't do. It's a shame!
Abeg, tell dem, He was playing against one of the top sides in the world and he gave a very good account of himself. He was by far Anderlecht's best player and his talents is far above that of a poor team like Anderlecht.
I like Onyekuru. he reminds me of Neymar--- a player that can destabilize defenses with his movement and skills, but he has one thing extra -- HE SCORES! Even hazard doesnt have that. As amazing as Hazard is, one criticism I always had about him and why I said he will NEVER reach the level of Neymar, talk less of Ronaldo and Messi is that he doesnt score enough.
This is from a post a mere couple of scrolls up from both of you.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Flex Swift wrote:Let’s see how our boy does against Algeria. The excuse currently is he playing in a poor team. He has to perform against Algeria no excuses. I hope Rohl gives him 90 minutes. Hitting the bar looking sharp putting the ball through opponents legs are nice but he has to score. Our team lacks a clinical striker if he wants to replace misses Ighalo he has to score.

No he doesnt! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That is not how you select a team! In fact! that is specifically the way you should NOT select a team. thats how you end up with a player like Flamini! A player who will play like a beast when it serves him (i need to go to world cup) and then once selected, he will return to his normal uselessness.

You select a player based on the body of his work, during that whole season and his attitude in handling difficult circumstances/pressure/
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

kali wrote:Onyekuru is someone to play off the bench. He is a better option than Ahmed Musa. He can dribble and is relatively quick. He's not yet a starting player.

Imho Rohr is looking for:

- DM
- Strong physical No 9 that can play in the box
- WB

We can manage our striking issue but DM and at least one good WB is critical if we are to go anywhere at the World Cup.
One good wingback? What is Victor Moses?
A DM? A DM is the least of our worriers with Ndidi and Onazi. At best we need a back up DM, but those two are class.

We need:
GK options
LW
LB
and a bit more depth never hurt anyone.

We do not need a DM and a wingback.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

France Football ratings

Anderlecht
Onyekuru, the blaster 6
Of course, the young Nigerian nugget still has waste in its game. But Henry Onyekuru had the merit of daring, trying, pushing, dribbling, in short to try to accelerate the game of his team. At the beginning of the game, when his team moved the Parisian rearguard, he was all good, almost. Without a nice exit of Areola (12th), he could even equalize for his own after leaving Dani Alves on the spot. He could also have reduced the mark at the end of the match but his powerful shot was crashing on the bar. At just 20 years old (he had them in June), the player loaned by Everton has a bright future ahead of him.

Salts 5
Dendoncker 4
Kara Mbodji 5
Deschacht 4
Appiah 5
Kums 4
Trebel 6
Onyekuru 6
Gerkens 4
Teodorczyk 5
Hanni 4
https://www.francefootball.fr/news/Ligu ... psg/843532
I am happy
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

danfo driver wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:Let’s see how our boy does against Algeria. The excuse currently is he playing in a poor team. He has to perform against Algeria no excuses. I hope Rohl gives him 90 minutes. Hitting the bar looking sharp putting the ball through opponents legs are nice but he has to score. Our team lacks a clinical striker if he wants to replace misses Ighalo he has to score.

No he doesnt! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That is not how you select a team! In fact! that is specifically the way you should NOT select a team. thats how you end up with a player like Flamini! A player who will play like a beast when it serves him (i need to go to world cup) and then once selected, he will return to his normal uselessness.

You select a player based on the body of his work, during that whole season and his attitude in handling difficult circumstances/pressure/[/quote

We already have along list of non scoring strikers that is why it is important that he does score other wise we may as well stick with the more experienced crap strikers Ighalo, Brown ,Kayode Ujeh and Success. At international level football there is no body of work over any period of time. 9ja is lucky if they ever use the fifa international break for a friendly. you are as good as your last game and this guy has only the Togo friendly and he didn’t score and didn’t play well. He has not scored in the champions league yet. he has only scored in a very poor Belgium league therefore his quality is still unknown and he is fighting for a place in 9ja’s World Cup squad. For get about him replacing Simon Moses or Iwobi those guys are on the plane. He is in competition with Ighalo for the strikers position. For first time in our qualification campaign our top scorer is a midfielder rather than our strikers which speaks volumes about the striking position.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

It's not an "excuse" (he's their top scorer) because Anderlecht has really been POOR...
But I agree that every player still has to EARN an SE place based on his SE performance.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

His pace is electric. The way he flew past Dani Alves in the first half (after giving Alves a 2 yard head start) and ended up 5 yards ahead of Alves within 5 seconds was breathtaking. He made Alves look 54 rather than 34.

He looks like a very promising player. Pace to burn, quick feet, and needs tactical fine tuning. I think being on loan at Anderlecht is excellent for his development. He can work on his game while playing against elite players in the Champions League, and away from the EPL shin saboteurs.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Gotti wrote:
It's not an "excuse" (he's their top scorer) because Anderlecht has really been POOR...
But I agree that every player still has to EARN an SE place based on his SE performance.
Hmm ok agree
So how did Musa who starts for Leicester U 18 team earn his place in the super eagles team?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote:This boy is a gem!, I don't understand why he is not in the SE squad. He is issuing Dani Alves real bitterness. He has forced 2 good saves from the PSG keeper, one a header and the other a one to one with the keeper after leaving Dani Alves for dead. His nutmeg on Veratti left the stadium gasping. Anderlecht are 1-0 down due toa goalkeeping error and could have conceded a 2nd due to a short back pass. Other than that Anderlecht have been the better team
Dammy,

All the above does is get him an invitation to SE. He already has that invitation. Nothing more. The fact that he took Alves to school does not get him an SE starter's shirt. After all, did Musa not take Argentina to school at the World Cup? Just stating.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Enugu II wrote:
Dammy wrote:This boy is a gem!, I don't understand why he is not in the SE squad. He is issuing Dani Alves real bitterness. He has forced 2 good saves from the PSG keeper, one a header and the other a one to one with the keeper after leaving Dani Alves for dead. His nutmeg on Veratti left the stadium gasping. Anderlecht are 1-0 down due toa goalkeeping error and could have conceded a 2nd due to a short back pass. Other than that Anderlecht have been the better team
Dammy,

All the above does is get him an invitation to SE. He already has that invitation. Nothing more. The fact that he took Alves to school does not get him an SE starter's shirt. After all, did Musa not take Argentina to school at the World Cup? Just stating.

That was three years ago though. I do not think we can use the form of 2014 to make decisions in 2017/18.

However, I do agree with you that Onyekuru has to earn his shirt once invited to camp. He has to deliver in friendlies and Nations Cup qualifiers if he wants to go to Russia.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

BTW, Simon ‘Daddy’ Moses scored yesterday in Gent’s 1-1 versus Ajagun’s Kortrijk...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL