Will Enyeama be ready vs Algeria?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Will Enyeama be ready vs Algeria?

Post by Odas »

joao wrote:No need 'trying' him against Algeria. Let's give others a chance to prove themselves.
Looks like some here just can't get rid of the mentality of having same people in charge forever.
Enyeama is ageing, have retired himself from international football, and is just coming off injury.
Why should he be dragged into an irrelevant match? Maybe we should as well be looking into the
possibility of getting Emmanuel Okala out of retirement, as there has not been anyone better, when
in prime, than him.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

olu wrote:Enyeama shouldn't be invited till he starts playing league games. No need to rush him back.
He shouldn't be invited at all
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The most experienced goalie in Africa...been the SE'S goalie in the last 3 worldcups we've been in. .show some respect you remnants
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:Current form is more important than historical achievements...This is not Xbox where big names are always in form and can be selected on sentiments and their reputation.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You are mean but I agree with you. Some forumers here do not know the difference between computer games and the real deal.
Look at the thread opener :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Obong wrote:Inasmuch as I believe Vince will be on the World Cup team, it's probably too early to call him up for the Algeria match. It's up to Rohr, though. His recent practice with the Lille first team goalkeeping coaches looks tantalizing and indicates the injury he recently recovered from has hardly affected his famous instincts and reflexes. See below for some tantalizingly sharp saves by Vince::
... These are exciting times for Nigerian football. We're heading to the World Cup and our best goalkeeper is back with the Lille first team. Rohr must be delighted at his progress.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mr Shows wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:For someone just coming back after a long injury lay off without any competitive football under his belt...To advocate featuring him in a WC qualifier less that 20 days from now is mind boggling... :blink: :dream:
:roll: :roll: because Algeria can still qualify in a game that has zero effect on qualification? some of una for this form lack simple critical thinking skills..kai
Dude it has nothing to do with whether we have qualified or not. Such adventurous experimentations are reserved for international friendlies, that is what friendlies are for.. We should be aiming to arrive in Russia amongst the elite few who were unbeaten in the qualifiers. That gives confidence to the players and intimidates the opposition.

Fielding a goalkeeper with no competitive games under his belt against World class players, I am really not sure what you expect to happen. Does current form mean anything to you. Rufai in France'98 serves as a reference point.
No need to argue with these guys. Vince will not be called up for the Algeria match. Uzoho will man goal and Ezenwa will be on the bench. That is simply what will happen.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Obong wrote:
Obong wrote:Inasmuch as I believe Vince will be on the World Cup team, it's probably too early to call him up for the Algeria match. It's up to Rohr, though. His recent practice with the Lille first team goalkeeping coaches looks tantalizing and indicates the injury he recently recovered from has hardly affected his famous instincts and reflexes. See below for some tantalizingly sharp saves by Vince::
... These are exciting times for Nigerian football. We're heading to the World Cup and our best goalkeeper is back with the Lille first team. Rohr must be delighted at his progress.

Lets see him play before crowning him best Chief. We don't know what he is yet.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:For someone just coming back after a long injury lay off without any competitive football under his belt...To advocate featuring him in a WC qualifier less that 20 days from now is mind boggling... :blink: :dream:
:roll: :roll: because Algeria can still qualify in a game that has zero effect on qualification? some of una for this form lack simple critical thinking skills..kai
Dude it has nothing to do with whether we have qualified or not. Such adventurous experimentations are reserved for international friendlies, that is what friendlies are for.. We should be aiming to arrive in Russia amongst the elite few who were unbeaten in the qualifiers. That gives confidence to the players and intimidates the opposition.

Fielding a goalkeeper with no competitive games under his belt against World class players, I am really not sure what you expect to happen. Does current form mean anything to you. Rufai in France'98 serves as a reference point.
No need to argue with these guys. Vince will not be called up for the Algeria match. Uzoho will man goal and Ezenwa will be on the bench. That is simply what will happen.

:D
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

metalalloy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Personally, I don't care who will be our keeper for the game with Algeria, but these repeated calls for a goalkeeper (Enyeama) who said he has RETIRED from the national team makes me wonder. Has Enyeama paid (bribed) some people? In our country, any thing is possible.
Last edited by Odas on Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Odas wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Personally, I don't care who will be our keeper for the game with Algeria, but these repeated calls for a goalkeeper (Enyeama) who said he has RETIRED from the national teams makes me wonder. Has Enyeama paid (bribed) some people? In our country, any thing is possible.
Of course naw, who do you think is paying Rohr's salary? No wonder why he keeps mentioning him...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enyeama, what a worldclass goalie vs Messi 2ce... kai the guy tried so hard to keepus in both games, I hope to see him man the post in Russia. No Goalie in Africa is better than Vince

[/video]
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video] 8-)

he gets better with age

SE defense was rubbish we for chop 50 goals kai
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]

earlier this year
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]
what a goalie , thank God he is a Nigerian. :atc: 8-) worldclass, won the CAF champs league, won many titles in Isreal, won the AFCON, 3 WCs ..my goodness and every worldcup he comes out on top it all started vs England... God bless Vince
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr Shows wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

It is now clear to me that you are NOT a Nigerian. You do not know that Nigerians thrive in making the same mistakes over and over again, and expecting a different result.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Odas wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Personally, I don't care who will be our keeper for the game with Algeria, but these repeated calls for a goalkeeper (Enyeama) who said he has RETIRED from the national team makes me wonder. Has Enyeama paid (bribed) some people? In our country, any thing is possible.

Bro, I have said it here. Enyeama is feeding some people's families. SO this is personal. God forbid, Enyeama has to retire now because he cant find a club, what will happen to those people and their families??? It is in their best interest that Enyeama goes to the world cup, market himself and extend his careers. These leaches are working overtime for personal gain. They couldnt care less about Nigeria.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Actually, Enyeama is the one who has repeatedly refused to come back. He has not asked anyone to lobby on his behalf.

Vince has repeatedly told me that he now wants to focus on his club career in the twilight of his days. I suspect he then wants to start taking coaching courses, so to him, international football is a big distraction.

We have a new goalkeeper in Francis Uzoho so for me the argument has ended. Uzoho can man goal for the next 15 years.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Actually, Enyeama is the one who has repeatedly refused to come back. He has not asked anyone to lobby on his behalf.

Vince has repeatedly told me that he now wants to focus on his club career in the twilight of his days. I suspect he then wants to start taking coaching courses, so to him, international football is a big distraction.

We have a new goalkeeper in Francis Uzoho so for me the argument has ended. Uzoho can man goal for the next 15 years.
That is a flat-out lie.

They had already settled his issue with the Coach and the FA but he got injured.

He did NOT refuse or as you put it, "REPEATEDLY refused to come back."

Vince was forced out by no other than Sunday Oliseh.

Stop misrepresenting facts. Unfortunately for you, you are not the only one that talk to Vince. You can claim talking to and knowing Rohr, but not the players...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Actually, Enyeama is the one who has repeatedly refused to come back. He has not asked anyone to lobby on his behalf.

That is a flat-out lie.

They had already settled his issue with the Coach and the FA but he got injured.

Stop misrepresenting facts. Unfortunately for you, you are not the only one that talk to Vince. You can claim talking to and knowing Rohr, but not the players...
Vince has just been polite and diplomatic. He does not fancy returning to the Eagles. Before he got injured he had every opportunity to return once Rohr assumed duty but Vince has not taken the opportunity.

Even when the Eagles camped in France and England he did not show any interest. If Vince really wanted to play for Nigeria he would have called Rohr ages ago.

When you have been around the camp as people like Larry, Waffiman, Sir V, Prince, Heavy D, Gotti and myself have, you will know that the players ring the coach non-stop. Berti Voghts dropped Vince but he returned immediately he left, which should tell you that this time around it is not just about the coach.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cellular wrote:

That is a flat-out lie.

Vince has just been polite and diplomatic. He does not fancy returning to the Eagles. Before he got injured he had every opportunity to return once Rohr assumed duty but Vince has not taken the opportunity.

Even when the Eagles camped in France and England he did not show any interest. If Vince really wanted to play for Nigeria he would have called Rohr ages ago.

When you have been around the camp as people like Larry, Waffiman, Sir V, Prince, Heavy D, Gotti and myself have, you will know that the players ring the coach non-stop. Berti Voghts dropped Vince but he returned immediately he left, which should tell you that this time around it is not just about the coach.
He was in Vogts squad he wasn't dropped, so he didn't have to do any comeback the next coach just picked him ahead of Ejide as the number one.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Rohr has said he wants Vince to join another team in the January transfer window to regain match fitness. Anything other than that is wishful thinking.