Rohr Confirms Dropping Of Echiejile.........

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Rohr Confirms Dropping Of Echiejile.........

Post by Sir V »

.....For Algeria Tie

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/19/ro ... geria-tie/

Rohr Confirms Dropping Of Echiejile, List Left Back Options For Algeria Tie

October 19, 2017
Elderson Echiejile won’t be in the Super Eagles squad for the dead rubber World Cup 2018 Qualifiers tie against ‎Algeria next month according to the coach of the team Gernot Rohr.

Nigeria are already through to the World Cup in Russia after beating Zambia 1-0 in Uyo with one more round of games to go in the CAF World Cup 2018 Qualifiers .

Shortly after the win over Zambia, Rohr hinted he will rest some of his key players for the game against Algeria, and he has now confirmed the dropping of Echeijile for the game against Algeria.

Rohr made this known in an interview with Nigeria lifestyle television HipTV during a chat about his plans for the game against Algeria next month.

”Echiejile is injured, had an injury at the end of the game against Zambia and he will be out for about four weeks, So he can not come for the next game, which is an opportunity to see another player, perhaps Ola Aina and Tyronne Ebuehi, some young players in this position”, he said on HipTV.

“Echiejile, we can enable him rest, his experience is very important, he did so well against the best player for Africa at AFCON, Bassogog in the game against Cameroon. He needs to be fit and I hope that soon he will come back”.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr Confirms Dropping Of Echiejile.........

Post by Flex Swift »

So where is the list?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Sir V wrote:.....For Algeria Tie

”Echiejile is injured, had an injury at the end of the game against Zambia and he will be out for about four weeks, So he can not come for the next game, which is an opportunity to see another player, perhaps Ola Aina and Tyronne Ebuehi, some young players in this position”, he said on HipTV.

“Echiejile, we can enable him rest, his experience is very important, he did so well against the best player for Africa at AFCON, Bassogog in the game against Cameroon. He needs to be fit and I hope that soon he will come back”.
I see why people complain about our journalists. If Echiejile is dropped - especially because he is injured - why making a BIG issue about the dropping? What a sensational heading! :boo: :boo: :curse: :curse:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

another daft article headline, i guess, Vic Mo is also dropped ..pathetic.. i wonder why you people continue to post articles from owngoal
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Smh..
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Odas wrote:
Sir V wrote:.....For Algeria Tie

I see why people complain about our journalists. If Echiejile is dropped - especially because he is injured - why making a BIG issue about the dropping? What a sensational heading! :boo: :boo: :curse: :curse:
...slow news day in the world of Nigerian football :biggrin:
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

stupid write up :boo:
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Another misleading heading. The guy is injured.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He is been rested not dropped. Please change the thread title.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Looks like agents are swarming CE and the NFF.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bigpokey24 wrote:another daft article headline, i guess, Vic Mo is also dropped ..pathetic.. i wonder why you people continue to post articles from owngoal
Bigpokey24,

TBH, that headline is not deceptive. I hate it but you cannot technically fault them. The fact is that Echiejile and Vic Mo are INDEED dropped from the list to play against Algeria. There are several reasons for dropping players which include injury, poor performance, player request, etc. I think we have problem with the word because we have developed a limited reading of the word i.e we always assume that it refers to decision taken because of poor performance.

It is similar to the headline "Player fails trial." We always assume failing trial is because of poor performance but yet failing trial can be for multitude of reasons including medical.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:another daft article headline, i guess, Vic Mo is also dropped ..pathetic.. i wonder why you people continue to post articles from owngoal
Bigpokey24,

TBH, that headline is not deceptive. I hate it but you cannot technically fault them. The fact is that Echiejile and Vic Mo are INDEED dropped from the list to play against Algeria. There are several reasons for dropping players which include injury, poor performance, player request, etc. I think we have problem with the word because we have developed a limited reading of the word i.e we always assume that it refers to decision taken because of poor performance.

It is similar to the headline "Player fails trial." We always assume failing trial is because of poor performance but yet failing trial can be for multitude of reasons including medical.
Prof, we admire your technical solidarity with our resident Professor of DROPOLOGY, but substantively you cannot "drop" someone who is unavailable anymore than Trump can disinvite someone not coming.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enugu II wrote:
Bigpokey24,

Technically not correct. You have to be a part of the list before you can be dropped.

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oyinbos smart but naijans are smarter. See technicalities flying around :thumbs:
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Enugu II wrote:
Bigpokey24,

Enugu you get time sha :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley