Argentina friendly match against Nigeria confirmed

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Argentina friendly match against Nigeria confirmed

Post by ohenhen1 »

Tbite wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Friday against Algeria, Tuesday against Argentina. 3 days between matches.
But depth will factor in as well.

We have first team level players that are not in the first team as well! Iheanacho did not even feature against Zambia.
Yes fitness matter. But the players will also be fresher at the end of the season. The players play games in reserve to keep in shape. The issue should be sharpness. We should organize several friendlies.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Game against Algeria:

********************************************Awoniyi*********************************************

************************Onyekuru****************************Iheanacho***********************

**************************************************Nwakali****************************************

***********************************Esiti************************Agu*******************************

***Touranighora***************Uduokhai********************Awaziem**************Aina****

***********************************************Uzoho***********************************************

Game against Argentina:

********************************************Osimhen*********************************************

***********************Bonaventure******************************Nwakaeme******************

**************************************************Iwobi*******************************************

********************************Ndidi*****************************Mikel**************************

***Idowu*******************Balogun**********************Agbo**********************Ebuehi***

***********************************************Uzoho**********************************************
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Game against Algeria:

********************************************Awoniyi*********************************************

************************Onyekuru****************************Iheanacho***********************

**************************************************Nwakali****************************************

***********************************Esiti************************Agu*******************************

***Touranighora***************Uduokhai********************Awaziem**************Aina****

***********************************************Udozo***********************************************

Game against Argentina:

********************************************Osimhen*********************************************

***********************Bonaventure******************************Nwakaeme******************

**************************************************Iwobi*******************************************

********************************Ndidi*****************************Mikel**************************

***Idowu*******************Balogun**********************Agbo**********************Ebuehi***

***********************************************Udozo**********************************************

Ayo

Who is Udozo? Are you referring to Uzoho?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

So of course you need to use the whole squad for this one.
Against Algeria, I’d go fringe players.
Against Argentina, give the first 11 another opportunity to compete at the highest level. No Moses and probably no Balogun, otherwise go with the team that beat Zambia, bringing in Awaziem and Iwobi.
It’s too good an opportunity to take a look at our best team. Not to be missed.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Enugu II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Game against Algeria:

***********************************************Udozo***********************************************

Game against Argentina:

***********************************************Udozo**********************************************

Ayo

Who is Udozo? Are you referring to Uzoho?
Yep sorry. Francis Uzoho. I think he needs two games to really test him out to the maximum. I want him to at least play one qualifier and then face the might of Argentina. Being up against the likes of Aguero, Higuaim, Messi, De Maria, etc will allow everyone to have a good evaluation of him.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

waka-man wrote:So of course you need to use the whole squad for this one.
Against Argentina, give the first 11 another opportunity to compete at the highest level. No Moses and probably no Balogun, otherwise go with the team that beat Zambia, bringing in Awaziem and Iwobi.

Wakaman, the team that beat Zambia is not our best 11. I would not feature that team against Argentina. Rohr knows this, which is why he is desperately looking at new faces.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Wakaman, the team that beat Zambia is not our best 11. I would not feature that team against Argentina. Rohr knows this, which is why he is desperately looking at new faces.
Argentina will use their top players and you want Rohr to use new faces for the game.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Argentina will use their top players and you want Rohr to use new faces for the game.

Sir V, has it occurred to you that the "new faces" are our best players?
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

No coach will use "New Faces" to experiment against a team like Argentina. I can understand if we use 6 new faces for both Algeria and Argentina matches. Remember Nigeria is one of the teams in the world Argentina respect and they will play us with their best team.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

No coach will use "New Faces" to experiment against a team like Argentina. I can understand if we use 6 new faces for both Algeria and Argentina matches. Remember Nigeria is one of the teams in the world Argentina respect and they will play us with their best team.
Just to give you an example Sir V, none of our centrebacks is as good as Felix Uduokhai of Wofsburg. None of our goalkeepers is as good as Francis Uzoho of Deportivo la Coruna and none of targetmen is currently finding the back of the net as well as Taiwo Awoniyi.

If you put this team which faced Algeria against Argentina, they will be slaughtered:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

This team was very poor:

Argentina will beat them 4-0 will ease!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Ayo

The best players are those tried and tested by the coach. Being best at your club may not translate to SE. Thus, Uzoho and Udokhai are not among Nigeria's best until they prove it in GWG.
Just to give you an example Sir V, none of our centrebacks is as good as Felix Uduokhai of Wofsburg. None of our goalkeepers is as good as Francis Uzoho of Deportivo la Coruna and none of targetmen is currently finding the back of the net as well as Taiwo Awoniyi.

If you put this team which faced Algeria against Argentina, they will be slaughtered:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

So Uduokhai agreed to play for Nigeria?
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Awaziem is better than Udokhai. And more accomplished as well.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

marutimon wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Awaziem is better than Udokhai. And more accomplished as well.
You are delusional. Udokhai regularly makes the Die Bundesliga team of the week. Why
do you think Germany is after him if he is not so good?

Sir V, I thought he is yet to make up his mind but I am confident Rohr will get him

Enugu II, as far back as 1981, Tunji Banjo and John Chidozie dismissed that theory of yours. On their debuts, they showed that class will always shine through!

Why dont you wait until he makes up his mind. He might prefer to play for Germany.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Ayo I expect better arguments from you.
In Rohr’s opinion, the team that played Zambia was our best team available. Otherwise, he wouldn’t have played them. You might think otherwise and it is your right to do so, but it doesn’t change the facts of his opinion.
I suspect there are untried players that he’d love to see and potentially integrate. And he’d be a fool to have concluded his preferred starting 11 for next summer already. And I don’t think he’s a fool.
But until he’s worked with these new folk, they are just potential, unless you are talking of one of the world’s star players, which you aren’t.
I too want to see some of those names. My argument is try them against Algeria in what amounts to a low profile game and then revert to you star team against ARG. Even if a great find emerges in the Algeria game, you’d want to give them a break three days later, at most trying them as a second half sub.
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

waka-man wrote:Ayo I expect better arguments from you.
In Rohr’s opinion, the team that played Zambia was our best team available. Otherwise, he wouldn’t have played them. You might think otherwise and it is your right to do so, but it doesn’t change the facts of his opinion.
I suspect there are untried players that he’d love to see and potentially integrate. And he’d be a fool to have concluded his preferred starting 11 for next summer already. And I don’t think he’s a fool.
But until he’s worked with these new folk, they are just potential, unless you are talking of one of the world’s star players, which you aren’t.
I too want to see some of those names. My argument is try them against Algeria in what amounts to a low profile game and then revert to you star team against ARG. Even if a great find emerges in the Algeria game, you’d want to give them a break three days later, at most trying them as a second half sub.
Of the team that started against Zambia, only about four of them will make our starting 11 come the World Cup. I put it to you that Rohr will only be confident with:

Balogun
Ndidi
Mikel
Moses

There are still about seven starting places up for grabs!
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Of the team that started against Zambia, only about four of them will make our starting 12 come the World Cup. I put it to you that Rohr will only be confident with:

Balogun
Ndidi
Mikel
Moses

There are still about 11 places up for grabs!
Like I said that’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. Doesn’t excuse the flaws in your argument though. Rohr played what he felt was the best team available to him and he won’t change his core opinion until people prove him otherwise. So if he plays his opinion of his best team against ARG Aina might come in for Echiejile and Iwobi for Simon. Moses is injured so someone will take his place. That’s about it.
As for the team next summer, sure, they’ll be changes but even then, he’s smart enough to know not to make wholesale changes in what has already become a team, even if on an individual basis there are few who will lose there places. Personally, I expect Shehu, Aina and Balogun all to start next summer and I also think he’ll persevere with his middle trio (Ndidi, Onazi, Mikel) and I also expect both Moses and Iwobi to start. But that’s really beside ms the point.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

truetalk wrote:
Robotnik wrote:Mikel may change his mind and fly down for this game
We know what Mikel brings to the table. No need disturbing him for this (Algeria/Argentina) series. Let the young guns (Iwobi, Ndidi, Agu, Onazi & Ogu take charge of affairs in the middle and let us see how they cope.

It would have been a great opportunity for Abraham, but let us see if someone else can lead the line. Onyekuru and Nacho should get extended minutes. If Nwaekeme does not get a good run in this window, he is probably not in the World Cup plans. Maybe Dressers can finally get capped. Musa may also get some playing time.
Won’t be surprised if Ogu is unavailable...
Seeing him hobble off in the last Europa Cup game, seems he suffered significant muscular injury.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

waka-man wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Of the team that started against Zambia, only about four of them will make our starting 12 come the World Cup. I put it to you that Rohr will only be confident with:

Balogun
Ndidi
Mikel
Moses

Like I said that’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. Doesn’t excuse the flaws in your argument though. Rohr played what he felt was the best team available to him and he won’t change his core opinion until people prove him otherwise. So if he plays his opinion of his best team against ARG Aina might come in for Echiejile and Iwobi for Simon. Moses is injured so someone will take his place. That’s about it.
As for the team next summer, sure, they’ll be changes but even then, he’s smart enough to know not to make wholesale changes in what has already become a team, even if on an individual basis there are few who will lose there places. Personally, I expect Shehu, Aina and Balogun all to start next summer and I also think he’ll persevere with his middle trio (Ndidi, Onazi, Mikel) and I also expect both Moses and Iwobi to start. But that’s really beside ms the point.
Onazi loses the ball too much
Abdullahi only give you one cross per game
There are question marks about Iwobi’s suitability for physical games

Rohr will be well aware of all this. In 1993, Westerhoff would not risk Oliseh and Okocha in the final World Cup qualifier away in Algiers but they were central to his World Cup plans. Rohr knows what he is doing!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
waka-man wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Balogun
Ndidi
Mikel
Moses

Rohr will be well aware of all this. In 1993, Westerhoff would not risk Oliseh and Okocha in the final World Cup qualifier away in Algiers but they were central to his World Cup plans. Rohr knows what he is doing!
Ayo you really think Rohr will drop the likes of Iwobi, shehu, Onazi for your rubbish and delusional line up? We are talking about core players of the SE who barring any injuries are sure to start every SE game, perhaps you've not been paying attention to Rohr's interviews lately... Otherwise you should have known Rohr's plans are to build on the core of the players that he has used through the WCQ, any additions he will make will only be for depth in obvious weak areas like the full back position, and his solution to that problem is Aina and Ebuehi, then one or two foreign born players(my guess will be one or two among Idowu, Torunarigha, Apkoguma, and perhaps Uduokhai) then the usual names like Onyekuru, Bazee, Bonaventure, and Success(if fit), Dessers, and perhaps Awoniyi will compete for shirts... The team list against Algeria and Argentina will give us an insight to the team Rohr will use in the build up to the world cup. But don't expect to see the likes of Uzoho and the rest of the names you keep throwing around.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Tobi17 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
waka-man wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Balogun
Ndidi
Mikel
Moses

Ayo you really think Rohr will drop the likes of Iwobi, shehu, Onazi for your rubbish and delusional line up? We are talking about core players of the SE who barring any injuries are sure to start every SE game, perhaps you've not been paying attention to Rohr's interviews lately... Otherwise you should have known Rohr's plans are to build on the core of the players that he has used through the WCQ, any additions he will make will only be for depth in obvious weak areas like the full back position, and his solution to that problem is Aina and Ebuehi, then one or two foreign born players(my guess will be one or two among Idowu, Torunarigha, Apkoguma, and perhaps Uduokhai) then the usual names like Onyekuru, Bazee, Bonaventure, and Success(if fit), Dessers, and perhaps Awoniyi will compete for shirts... The team list against Algeria and Argentina will give us an insight to the team Rohr will use in the build up to the world cup. But don't expect to see the likes of Uzoho and the rest of the names you keep throwing around.
Of the team that started against Zambia, only four would be certain to make my starting 11:
Leon Balogun
Mikel Obi
Wilfred Ndidi
Victor Moses
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
waka-man wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Balogun
Ndidi
Mikel
Moses

Of the team that started against Zambia, only four would be certain to make my starting 11:
Leon Balogun
Mikel Obi
Wilfred Ndidi
Victor Moses
And that's why you are thankfully not the coach, let the coach do the job he was paid to do.