Argentina friendly match against Nigeria confirmed

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Argentina friendly match against Nigeria confirmed

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Tobi, look at Cyriel Dessera of Utrecht here:

Would you really start Simon Moses or Ahmed Musa ahead of him?
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Tobi, look at Cyriel Dessera of Utrecht here:

All Comments reserved until we see how he performs in the GWG. IMO, he doesn't look the complete striker. Doesn't score with his head and most of the defences he was up against in this clip were all rubbish.

We are in need of a powerful No.9...right now, that position is up for grabs.

On a side note, why do you keep touting a players than hasn't committed to Nigeria?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mr Shows wrote:

All Comments reserved until we see how he performs in the GWG. IMO, he doesn't look the complete striker. Doesn't score with his head and most of the defences he was up against in this clip were all rubbish.

On a side note, why do you keep touting a players than hasn't committed to Nigeria?
Dessera is not a target man. He plays out wide similar to Moses, Bezee, Onyekuru, Iheanacho, Musa, Simon, etc. I expect Rohr to take four of them to the World Cup. Moses is already going so who are the remaining three? From what I can see, the best trio are Onyekuru, Iheanacho and Dessera.

Down the middle, I will take two tatgetmrn out of:

Ighalo
Ideye
Awoniyi
Osimhen
Bonaventure
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

Dessera is not a target man. He plays out wide similar to Moses, Bezee, Onyekuru, Iheanacho, Musa, Simon, etc. I expect Rohr to take four of them to the World Cup. Moses is already going so who are the remaining three? From what I can see, the best trio are Onyekuru, Iheanacho and Dessera.

Ighalo
Ideye
Awoniyi
Osimhen
Bonaventure
Is Desser going to play for Nigeria?Has he agreed?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

Ighalo
Ideye
Awoniyi
Osimhen
Bonaventure
I believe talks are still ongoing.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

Ighalo
Ideye
Awoniyi
Osimhen
Bonaventure
I believe talks are still ongoing.
He's got good stats despite being injured a bit,I think it would be great to try him out but its a shame about Uduohokai waiting on a German cap as he's a defender we need backup in that department.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Too raw and fresh for the SE. He will freeze at the big stage. :boo:
Also, as this time, the dutch league is crap. :boo:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Goldleaf wrote:

Too raw and fresh for the SE. He will freeze at the big stage. :boo:
Also, as this time, the dutch league is crap. :boo:

You call the Dutch league crap, yet you are happy to use players playing their trade in the weaker Belgian league. Where is the logic in that?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Game against Algeria

Uzoho or Alampasu
Ebeuhi,Awaziem,Omeruo,Aina
Agu, Etebo, Ogu
Iwobi,Iheanacho,Onyekuru

Against Argentina

Enzenwa
Shehu, Ekong, Balogun, Aina
Onazi, Mikel, Ndidi
Iwobi, Ighalo, Onyekuru
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
waka-man wrote:So of course you need to use the whole squad for this one.
Against Algeria, I’d go fringe players.
Against Argentina, give the first 11 another opportunity to compete at the highest level. No Moses and probably no Balogun, otherwise go with the team that beat Zambia, bringing in Awaziem and Iwobi.
It’s too good an opportunity to take a look at our best team. Not to be missed.

Wakaman, the team that beat Zambia is not our best 11. I would not feature that team against Argentina. Rohr knows this, which is why he is desperately looking at new faces.
Argentina will use their top players and you want Rohr to use new faces for the game.

Sir V, has it occurred to you that the "new faces" are our best players?
No coach will use "New Faces" to experiment against a team like Argentina. I can understand if we use 6 new faces for both Algeria and Argentina matches. Remember Nigeria is one of the teams in the world Argentina respect and they will play us with their best team.
Just to give you an example Sir V, none of our centrebacks is as good as Felix Uduokhai of Wofsburg. None of our goalkeepers is as good as Francis Uzoho of Deportivo la Coruna and none of targetmen is currently finding the back of the net as well as Taiwo Awoniyi.

If you put this team which faced Algeria against Argentina, they will be slaughtered:
Ohhh! My God what has Uzoho done that makes him our best keeper? Play just one match for his club? Just because the main keeper is injured and just like that he became our best keeper. This CE na whaooo
Last edited by tunde72 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Uzoho is a young goalkeeper, don't mess with his head and rush him. If he is the best, he will start. Let him earn it in camp. If he is not the best goalkeeper at camp, that is also okay. That doesn't mean they can't develop.
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
waka-man wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
waka-man wrote:Ayo I expect better arguments from you.
In Rohr’s opinion, the team that played Zambia was our best team available. Otherwise, he wouldn’t have played them. You might think otherwise and it is your right to do so, but it doesn’t change the facts of his opinion.
I suspect there are untried players that he’d love to see and potentially integrate. And he’d be a fool to have concluded his preferred starting 11 for next summer already. And I don’t think he’s a fool.
But until he’s worked with these new folk, they are just potential, unless you are talking of one of the world’s star players, which you aren’t.
I too want to see some of those names. My argument is try them against Algeria in what amounts to a low profile game and then revert to you star team against ARG. Even if a great find emerges in the Algeria game, you’d want to give them a break three days later, at most trying them as a second half sub.
Of the team that started against Zambia, only about four of them will make our starting 12 come the World Cup. I put it to you that Rohr will only be confident with:

Balogun
Ndidi
Mikel
Moses

There are still about 11 places up for grabs!
Like I said that’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. Doesn’t excuse the flaws in your argument though. Rohr played what he felt was the best team available to him and he won’t change his core opinion until people prove him otherwise. So if he plays his opinion of his best team against ARG Aina might come in for Echiejile and Iwobi for Simon. Moses is injured so someone will take his place. That’s about it.
As for the team next summer, sure, they’ll be changes but even then, he’s smart enough to know not to make wholesale changes in what has already become a team, even if on an individual basis there are few who will lose there places. Personally, I expect Shehu, Aina and Balogun all to start next summer and I also think he’ll persevere with his middle trio (Ndidi, Onazi, Mikel) and I also expect both Moses and Iwobi to start. But that’s really beside ms the point.
Onazi loses the ball too much
Abdullahi only give you one cross per game
There are question marks about Iwobi’s suitability for physical games

Rohr will be well aware of all this. In 1993, Westerhoff would not risk Oliseh and Okocha in the final World Cup qualifier away in Algiers but they were central to his World Cup plans. Rohr knows what he is doing!
Ayo you really think Rohr will drop the likes of Iwobi, shehu, Onazi for your rubbish and delusional line up? We are talking about core players of the SE who barring any injuries are sure to start every SE game, perhaps you've not been paying attention to Rohr's interviews lately... Otherwise you should have known Rohr's plans are to build on the core of the players that he has used through the WCQ, any additions he will make will only be for depth in obvious weak areas like the full back position, and his solution to that problem is Aina and Ebuehi, then one or two foreign born players(my guess will be one or two among Idowu, Torunarigha, Apkoguma, and perhaps Uduokhai) then the usual names like Onyekuru, Bazee, Bonaventure, and Success(if fit), Dessers, and perhaps Awoniyi will compete for shirts... The team list against Algeria and Argentina will give us an insight to the team Rohr will use in the build up to the world cup. But don't expect to see the likes of Uzoho and the rest of the names you keep throwing around.
Of the team that started against Zambia, only four would be certain to make my starting 11:
Leon Balogun
Mikel Obi
Wilfred Ndidi
Victor Moses
Opinions portrayed above are yours and would most likely be so far off that f the coach. Anyone that has followed Rorh's tenure as the coach of SE would not come to your conclusion. The chances of making such a wholesale change is very slim.
Like someone pointed out above, let's wait for the list of the Algeria and Argentine game and the path would be made clearer.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

According to owngoal all top players will be called for the Argentina match to assess where we are as a team.

For the two matches a larger squad will be called up with most of the new players getting a run at Algeria while the Argentina game will likely feature our top team.

I have to say this is a great development as we will know exactly where we stand and it will be pointless to experiment vs Argentina.

The experimentation will be the Algeria match.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Nigeria are going to parade their top stars when they take on Argentina in a high profile friendly game on the 14th of November next month in Russia.

Argentina have already released the list of foreign based players who are expected to play in the game with top stars like Lionel Messi, Angel Di Maria, Sergio Aguero, Paulo Dyabala and Mauro Icardi all listed by coach Jorge Sampaoli.

Nigeria who are going to be in action against Algeria on the 10th of November in a dead rubber World Cup 2018 Qualifiers tie in Algiers, are expected to also line up their top stars for the game.

” It’s going to be an enlarged squad of players, but barring injuries or failure to recover on time, all top names are going to be in the list of players, because the game against Argentina will help us see how far we have come”, a backroom staff of the team told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” The likes of Victor Moses, Leon Balogun, John Obi Mikel, Kelechi Iheanacho, Alex Iwobi, Ola Aina among others are going to be in the team for the game. Some will play against Algeria while some are going to be for the Argentina game”, he concluded

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/23/ro ... argentina/
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Nigeria are going to parade their top stars when they take on Argentina in a high profile friendly game on the 14th of November next month in Russia.

Argentina have already released the list of foreign based players who are expected to play in the game with top stars like Lionel Messi, Angel Di Maria, Sergio Aguero, Paulo Dyabala and Mauro Icardi all listed by coach Jorge Sampaoli.

Nigeria who are going to be in action against Algeria on the 10th of November in a dead rubber World Cup 2018 Qualifiers tie in Algiers, are expected to also line up their top stars for the game.

” It’s going to be an enlarged squad of players, but barring injuries or failure to recover on time, all top names are going to be in the list of players, because the game against Argentina will help us see how far we have come”, a backroom staff of the team told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” The likes of Victor Moses, Leon Balogun, John Obi Mikel, Kelechi Iheanacho, Alex Iwobi, Ola Aina among others are going to be in the team for the game. Some will play against Algeria while some are going to be for the Argentina game”, he concluded

What did I tell you about the match? I said both teams will use their best players.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
john12 wrote:Musa must play against Argentina. He always plays well against argentina

Always? Musa has only played one game vs Argentina. Olodo . You’re useless! :boo:
:rotf:
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Nigeria are going to parade their top stars when they take on Argentina in a high profile friendly game on the 14th of November next month in Russia.

What did I tell you about the match? I said both teams will use their best players.
Does this mean that Rohr did not receive or respect Ayo’s memo that Uzoho should start in both games? :blink:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Russia is a really bizarre location for a match involving Argentina and Nigeria (where neither country has a sizeable expat community). Why not host the game in France or Spain? (to lessen travel time for both sets of players from their European bases).
Last edited by wiseone on Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

wiseone wrote:Croatia is a really bizarre location for a match involving Argentina and Nigeria (where neither country has a sizeable expat community). Why not host the game in France or Spain (to lessen travel time for both sets of players from their European bases).
It's in Krasnodar located in southern Russia, however, it's not one of the WC venues.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

wiseone wrote:Russia is a really bizarre location for a match involving Argentina and Nigeria (where neither country has a sizeable expat community). Why not host the game in France or Spain? (to lessen travel time for both sets of players from their European bases).
The Argentines want a feel for Russia. Also, the Russians want to give their facilities a trial run. It makes perfect sense to play the match there.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Patrick told me Idowu, Nwakali, Uzoho,Kayode, and an unnamed German born player(a versatile fullback who can play the LB, RB, CDM, and CB will be called up for the Algeria and Argentina match...against Algeria onyekuru will be called up.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Tobi17 wrote:Patrick told me Idowu, Nwakali, Uzoho,Kayode, and an unnamed German born player(a versatile fullback who can play the LB, RB, CDM, and CB will be called up for the Algeria and Argentina match...against Algeria onyekuru will be called up.
Rohr’s list will soon be out. He knows what he is doing so no neee to argue with some of our fellow CE forumers. Rohr has a list of about 50 players and will gradually go through them over the months to whittle it down.

By the end of the season, his list should have been cut to about 30. It is from here they he will select the 23 going to Russia.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Tobi17 wrote:Patrick told me Idowu, Nwakali, Uzoho,Kayode, and an unnamed German born player(a versatile fullback who can play the LB, RB, CDM, and CB will be called up for the Algeria and Argentina match...against Algeria onyekuru will be called up.
Rohr’s list will soon be out. He knows what he is doing so no neee to argue with some of our fellow CE forumers. Rohr has a list of about 50 players and will gradually go through them over the months to whittle it down.

By the end of the season, his list should have been cut to about 30. It is from here they he will select the 23 going to Russia.