The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by anikulapo »

azuka wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:some of you guys suffer from low expectations. Ozil's talent and quality have never been in doubt, at least not to me. It is entirely his fault that the debate is whether or not he is a good/great player, rather than about how great is he. He is like that very brilliant student who sensate study for exams. And no, it is not his languid style...he is genuinely lazy. Well, to be fair, Wenger is partly at fault sha. He is who he is, and needs better and more intelligent ball-winners/hustlers than the Ramsey (no brain), Xhaka (slow/immobile), or Coq (sub par) to make him shine. To his credit, he plays well with Alexis, and makes the right runs.
Chief, Arsenal fans and their usual hero worship

His statistics say otherwise , Ozil is not consistent in his performance and has deteriorated over the past year. In 4 years he has only 1 year double digit assists.

2017/2018 1 Goal, 1 Assists in 7 Apps
2016/2017 8 Goals 9 Assist in 33 Apps
2015/2016 6 Goals 19 Assists in 35 Apps
2014/2015 4 Goals 5 Assists in 22 Apps
2013/2014 5 Goals 9 Assist in 26 Apps

https://www.premierleague.com/players/4 ... co=1&se=22
Assists means he creates a chance and someone scores. Is it his fault he creates 8 chances in a match and only 1 was scored as against Everton? If we had loast against Everton you will join in blaming him forgetting the basic fact he did his own bit by creating the chances for us to score. He is said to have created the most chances in the league than any other player since he joined. Imagine if against Watford 2 of the 5 chances he created were scored, wouldn't Arsenal have won?

Abeg everyone to his own. Enough from me on this Ozil debates.

What counts as creating a chance? Being scared to take responsibility and hoping someone else can? Taking the cowardly way out?

Be a true star like Wenger has begged him on numerous occasions and do the honors by putting the ball in the net and clubs will be lining up to give you that 350-375k per week.

Funny this so called Mass creator never earns an EPL team of the season award from either his fellow players or the media :mrgreen:
Last edited by anikulapo on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
azuka wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:some of you guys suffer from low expectations. Ozil's talent and quality have never been in doubt, at least not to me. It is entirely his fault that the debate is whether or not he is a good/great player, rather than about how great is he. He is like that very brilliant student who sensate study for exams. And no, it is not his languid style...he is genuinely lazy. Well, to be fair, Wenger is partly at fault sha. He is who he is, and needs better and more intelligent ball-winners/hustlers than the Ramsey (no brain), Xhaka (slow/immobile), or Coq (sub par) to make him shine. To his credit, he plays well with Alexis, and makes the right runs.

His statistics say otherwise , Ozil is not consistent in his performance and has deteriorated over the past year. In 4 years he has only 1 year double digit assists.

Assists means he creates a chance and someone scores. Is it his fault he creates 8 chances in a match and only 1 was scored as against Everton? If we had loast against Everton you will join in blaming him forgetting the basic fact he did his own bit by creating the chances for us to score. He is said to have created the most chances in the league than any other player since he joined. Imagine if against Watford 2 of the 5 chances he created were scored, wouldn't Arsenal have won?

OK...we should no longer count assists, as this stat depends on the strikers to score. Let's change the criterion specially for Ozil, since there are no strikers good enough to convert his "chances created" to assists.
Did Ozil score the simples chance at Watford, Abeg comot ,Ozil is lazy and playing for a fat contract that he doesn't deserve, how I miss Cazorla , who has nearly similar stats to Ozil. Carzolla: 129 Apps, 25 Goals and 35 Assists to Ozil 124 Apps, 24 Goals 43 Assists

Ozil record against the top teams ....hmmmm

27 Apps, 7 Assist 5 Goals.

http://www.oulala.com/en/community/blog ... ts-big-six

Since September 2013, when Ozil made his league debut, the 28-year-old has faced Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham a total of 27 times in the Premier League.

Ozil's best record has come against Liverpool, winning more games against the Reds than the other four sides. His two wins in five appearances against Liverpool has resulted in a win rate of 40 per cent. His worst record for wins has come against Tottenham with the German still yet to register a Premier League win against Arsenal's North London rivals with Ozil in the team.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

realtrouble wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
azuka wrote:
realtrouble wrote:

OK...we should no longer count assists, as this stat depends on the strikers to score. Let's change the criterion specially for Ozil, since there are no strikers good enough to convert his "chances created" to assists.
Did Ozil score the simples chance at Watford, Abeg comot ,Ozil is lazy and playing for a fat contract that he doesn't deserve, how I miss Cazorla , who has nearly similar stats to Ozil. Carzolla: 129 Apps, 25 Goals and 35 Assists to Ozil 124 Apps, 24 Goals 43 Assists

Ozil record against the top teams ....hmmmm

27 Apps, 7 Assist 5 Goals.

http://www.oulala.com/en/community/blog ... ts-big-six

Since September 2013, when Ozil made his league debut, the 28-year-old has faced Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham a total of 27 times in the Premier League.

Ozil's best record has come against Liverpool, winning more games against the Reds than the other four sides. His two wins in five appearances against Liverpool has resulted in a win rate of 40 per cent. His worst record for wins has come against Tottenham with the German still yet to register a Premier League win against Arsenal's North London rivals with Ozil in the team.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

On Koeman's sacking.

Karma is a biatch. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Got no sympathy for the ballbag, he came at Arsene on multiple occasions, in the end Arsene came on his career in England. When he was disrespectful to Wenger after he won those games, I thought, who are you? What have you done as a Manager? Do not forget, you almost relegated a Valencia side containing David Villa, Juan Mata and David Silva. You inherited a good team and system at Southampton. Now you talk with a big dirty mouth.

Yesterday, he employed the same dirty tactics he has always employed against us. He obviously instructed his players to kick lumps out of our players. But, it did not work. I can't respect a man who plays that type of football and has a big, dirty mouth.

Well he got his comeuppance. Sacked after another drubbing from Wenger. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

How can anyone here blame Xhaka for this? Some of you lot here really take the biscuit. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Congrats to the Big OG ... :clap: :clap: :clap:

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/fifa/243/pos ... f-the-year
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:On Koeman's sacking.

Got no sympathy for the ballbag, he came at Arsene on multiple occasions, in the end Arsene came on his career in England. When he was disrespectful to Wenger after he won those games, I thought, who are you? What have you done as a Manager? Do not forget, you almost relegated a Valencia side containing David Villa, Juan Mata and David Silva. You inherited a good team and system at Southampton. Now you talk with a big dirty mouth.

Yesterday, he employed the same dirty tactics he has always employed against us. He obviously instructed his players to kick lumps out of our players. But, it did not work. I can't respect a man who plays that type of football and has a big, dirty mouth.

Well he got his comeuppance. Sacked after another drubbing from Wenger. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Waffi I hear you but I think it's a Dutch cultural thing. They just lack tact as a people sha .... even my sons former academy director used to be like that and I had to calm him down but it didn't help and he eventually lost his job .... Wenger and Koeman apparently got along pretty well but he didn't know how to employ tact and restraint .. soooo

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:

Waffi I hear you but I think it's a Dutch cultural thing. They just lack tact as a people sha .... even my sons former academy director used to be like that and I had to calm him down but it didn't help and he eventually lost his job .... Wenger and Koeman apparently got along pretty well but he didn't know how to employ tact and restraint .. soooo
Wenger will be the first person on the 'phone to him today. We all know the type of person he is. Just look how many chacnes he gave Tony Adams and even Jose Mourinho. But it must be said Koeman, was out of order and even if Wenger shows sympathy as a fellow Manager, I as a supporter, will make an exception and show none.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Nnaa Keoman will get paid for his sacking abeg make una no drink panadol for another man headache
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:

Koeman is even better the manager I want to deck him on the side road if no police is there is Jose,to think I will be backing Spurs to beat manu on Saturday if both team cant draw is because of that crazy guy from Portugal.It really pain me any time we get beat by Jose team,it is really painful to me.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Congrats to the Big OG!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Nnaa Keoman will get paid for his sacking abeg make una no drink panadol for another man headache
:agree: is not like he will be broke,the guy will even get paid for doing nothing.I would have want him stay and clean the mess or take them to championship to add to his resume
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Only a few things in life are certain: death, taxes, and Arsenal beating Everton...

Sunday's 5-2 victory was the Gunners' 95th in English Football League history against the Toffees, the most victories for one club over another.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has had more success against Everton than any other team, winning 31 times in all competitions, while the Gunners took their total goals scored against the Goodison Park side to 100 in the Premier League - the first time a club have hit a century against an opponent.
Arsenal beat Everton 5-2 on Arsene Wenger's 68th birthday. The Frenchman also enjoyed victories on his big day in 2005 and 2006.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Wenger will be the first person on the 'phone to him today. We all know the type of person he is. Just look how many chacnes he gave Tony Adams and even Jose Mourinho. But it must be said Koeman, was out of order and even if Wenger shows sympathy as a fellow Manager, I as a supporter, will make an exception and show none.

Well I can’t fault your position. He is reaping what he has sown.

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

WengerBall forever!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote: How can anyone here blame Xhaka for this? Some of you lot here really take the biscuit. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Waffi:

As Arsenal fans, we should be honest even if the truth doesn't favor us. As bad as Gana's attack looked, it appears he nicked the ball ahead of "tackling" Xhaka. Pause the video at 3 secs and scroll back and forth. If you're talking about his hand on Xhaka, I can't blame him for that either, as Xhaka's outstretched arm was blocking him. Also if you see in slow motion, Xhaka doesn't fall until the ball is lost...

On Ashley Williams "second card", please watch the replay. He pulled out, and didn't make contact with Lacazette, who was acting.

Of course, I could be wrong...please show me the evidence.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

kajifu wrote:Only a few things in life are certain: death, taxes, and Arsenal beating Everton...

Sunday's 5-2 victory was the Gunners' 95th in English Football League history against the Toffees, the most victories for one club over another.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has had more success against Everton than any other team, winning 31 times in all competitions, while the Gunners took their total goals scored against the Goodison Park side to 100 in the Premier League - the first time a club have hit a century against an opponent.
Arsenal beat Everton 5-2 on Arsene Wenger's 68th birthday. The Frenchman also enjoyed victories on his big day in 2005 and 2006.
You might wanna post the link where this came from. At least give the writer his due. :sneaky:
This doesn't bear a 'kajiwrite' signature. :mrgreen:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Nkume wrote:Congrats to the Big OG!
He personifies the phrase 'eye for goal'.
Well and truly deserved.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Nkume wrote:Congrats to the Big OG!
Kpom Kwem! :clap: :clap: :clap:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote: How can anyone here blame Xhaka for this? Some of you lot here really take the biscuit. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Waffi:

As Arsenal fans, we should be honest even if the truth doesn't favor us. As bad as Gana's attack looked, it appears he nicked the ball ahead of "tackling" Xhaka. Pause the video at 3 secs and scroll back and forth. If you're talking about his hand on Xhaka, I can't blame him for that either, as Xhaka's outstretched arm was blocking him. Also if you see in slow motion, Xhaka doesn't fall until the ball is lost...

On Ashley Williams "second card", please watch the replay. He pulled out, and didn't make contact with Lacazette, who was acting.

My brother haba... Xhaka has been caught out several times in past but on Sunday that was a foul. He could have done better no doubt but he was fouled on that play.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Robbynice wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Waffi:

My brother haba... Xhaka has been caught out several times in past but on Sunday that was a foul. He could have done better no doubt but he was fouled on that play.
I do not know which video Ogbunigwe is watching. He made contact with Xhaka's knee long before nicking the ball. And easily could have wrecked his knee. Please watch it again Ogbunigwe.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cito wrote:
kajifu wrote:Only a few things in life are certain: death, taxes, and Arsenal beating Everton...

You might wanna post the link where this came from. At least give the writer his due. :sneaky:
This doesn't bear a 'kajiwrite' signature. :mrgreen:
Oga Cito no vex,i see am for bbc e sweet me i no even add link.
You know Kajiwrite no go sweet like this with better english so no worries.