Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by wiseone »

Yes, that patented Mourinho 6-3-1 formation in big games with four central defenders and wingers playing as full backs.

Seriously though. Forget Liverpool's form or how good or bad their defence is. Man U - Liverpool matches are the most bitter rivalry in English football. Liverpool always "turn up" against Man U. They could send their U16s out against Man Utd and still give them a game. Plus Liverpool now have that dreaded Fantastic Four in attach with Coutinho, Mane, Firmino, and Salah. That is a scary prospect for any defender to face.

oloye wrote: I dont think it is Liverpool fans you need to worry about, rather it is your coach. Pray he does not believe those fans and set up united to play like he always does against big teams....i mean park the bus!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

wiseone wrote:Yes, that patented Mourinho 6-3-1 formation in big games with four central defenders and wingers playing as full backs.

Seriously though. Forget Liverpool's form or how good or bad their defence is. Man U - Liverpool matches are the most bitter rivalry in English football. Liverpool always "turn up" against Man U. They could send their U16s out against Man Utd and still give them a game. Plus Liverpool now have that dreaded Fantastic Four in attach with Coutinho, Mane, Firmino, and Salah. That is a scary prospect for any defender to face.

oloye wrote: I dont think it is Liverpool fans you need to worry about, rather it is your coach. Pray he does not believe those fans and set up united to play like he always does against big teams....i mean park the bus!
In order words like Femi...you support the parking of the bus....i can hear the bus warming up since last night :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

oluphemmie007 wrote:
oloye wrote:
oluphemmie007 wrote:Watch those idiots at Loserpool suddenly discover that they are a 'big side when it is time to play us o. Yeye people. I hope we tear them a very big one.
I dont think it is Liverpool fans you need to worry about, rather it is your coach. Pray he does not believe those fans and set up united to play like he always does against big teams....i mean park the bus!
Egbon, I am a fan of parking the bus o...as long as there is a good plan of hitting them on the counter. I just need three delicious points from that match.
:lol: :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Matches like these are the reasons I am a huge fan of mourinho. No matter what happens, one thing you are guaranteed is to see an absolute tactical masterclass! To even make it sweeter, the man has 2 weeks to plan it out! :lol: :lol: :lol: I am looking forward to seeing what he comes up with. Remember Chelsea had at old traffird last season? The Herrera man-marking masterclass? :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I actually do not like bus garages. I do not like the "6 at the back" monstrosity he tried last season. It worked ONCE. The other times his team got run ragged by Arsenal and Spurs.
oloye wrote: In order words like Femi...you support the parking of the bus....i can hear the bus warming up since last night :lol:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Surprised no one spoke about Lindelof's "performance" for Sweden against Holland. He committed a Sunday football style error. He tried to clear the ball and accidentally booted the ball onto his hand inside his own penalty area! (I kid you not) He gave away a penalty and a goal.

He is really a WIP. If Man Utd wanted a defender with lots of room to improve, they could have just groomed Tuanzebe rather than paying nearly 40 million for a defender that needs remoulding.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... -Cup-video
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

We need our top players back from injury, Pogba makes things happen in the midfield, so much ability on the ball
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

I know this is out of our control as fans on CE, but how would you love to see Man United set up against Spurs next weekend, given current players unavailable and how Spurs has tackled Real Madrid and Liverpool.

I know there's all this talk about Jose and parking buses, but once again i find myself itching for a nice longish bus at Old Trafford :rotf: :taunt: Oloyeeeee !
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Tuanzebe > Lindelof

The team fell apart once Jonesy got injured. Lindelof is really suspect. Speaking of Jonesy, I looked away from the screen just before he got injured and overheard the commentators talking about Man Utd needing to make a sub. Without even looking at the screen, I knew exactly which Man Utd player had got injured and needed to be subbed off...

Next week's team should be:

DDG
Tony V-Smalling-Bailly-Darmian
Smith-Matic
Young-Lingard-Rashford
Lukaku

*if fit
Subs: Romero, Blind, Tuanzebe, Mata, Mkhi, Martial, Wilson
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Clinical victory for Man Utd in the Carabao Cup over Swansea last night. Youngsters McTominay and Tuanzebe got a much needed 90 minutes. Lindelof should be very concerned by the fact that a rookie teenager outperformed and looked far more composed than him. Tuanzebe's game stats were:

100% of dribbles completed
100% of tackles won
97% pass accuracy

Even Gary Lineker commented that "Axel Tuanzebe looks a real prospect. Confident, quick, comfortable on the ball and real intelligence to his game".

The mystifying aspect is why Mourinho does not give him more game time. Man Utd need to be careful here or they will end up with another Pogba, Pique, Keane, Shawcross, Drinkwater, Simpson, or Heaton situation.
Last edited by wiseone on Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:Clinical victory for Man Utd in the Carabao Cup over Swansea last night. Youngsters McTominay and Tuanzebe got a much needed 90 minutes. Lindelof should be very concerned by the fact that a rookie teenager outperformed and looked far more composed than him. Tuanzebe's game stats were:

100% of dribbles completed
100% of tackles won
97% pass accuracy

Even Gary Lineker commented that "Axel Tuanzebe looks a real prospect. Confident, quick, comfortable on the ball and real intelligence to his game".

The mystifying aspect if why Mourinho does not give him more game time. Man Utd need to be careful here or they will end up with another Pogba, Pique, Keane, Shawcross, Drinkwater, Simpson, or Heaton situation.

Believe i dont want to see that swedish guy playing for now, right now he is lacking real confidence
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

While youngsters Tuanzebe, McTominay, and Rashford are showing plenty of promise. Luke Shaw's career is going the other way. I do not think Mourinho trusts him.

He signed for Man Utd 4 years ago as the hottest teenage defensive project in England. Now he cannot get into the starting 11 of a Carabao cup game where first team regulars are rested. Instead three guys 3-4 years younger than him got into the team ahead of him.

Still he is getting paid 100K a week.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tuanzebe: "Under him there’s a lot of pressure and you have to perform. But dealing with that pressure makes you a better player."

I have high hopes for this kid. Everytime I have seen him, he has convinced me. Mourinho did well to play him as a RB and DM last season, and now at LCB in a back three. These experiences will mold him.

You hear his comments and attitude, and you compare it to Luke Shaw's and you just shake your head. Tomorrow now, my Uncle, OLOYE, will say MOurinho murdered Shaw.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

As I have been saying since last season, the best move for Shaw's career is for him to go out on loan (maybe even abroad where he can recover without the EPL spotlight and pressure on him). Right now his first team prospects look grim as Mourinho prefers to play Blind, Darmian, Rojo, Ashley Young (a winger!), and Steve from the canteen at LB ahead of Shaw.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Man Utd about to shell 40 million for Bailly

Post by danfo driver »

The Ivorian Oloye :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Half fit Bailly is still 90% good, with him, we know what to expect, strikers do not even attempt to dribble him as it often does not work, you cant beat him for pace or try to out muscle him, just hope him and Jones stay injury free, that partnership is deadly, they were clearly missed against huddersfield, if both of them played, united will never have lost

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:Half fit Bailly is still 90% good, with him, we know what to expect, strikers do not even attempt to dribble him as it often does not work, you cant beat him for pace or try to out muscle him, just hope him and Jones stay injury free, that partnership is deadly, they were clearly missed against huddersfield, if both of them played, united will never have lost
with Rojo coming back, the

Valencia ------- Bailly -------- Jones ----------Rojo -----------Young

In Big games na helele! :clap:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

I dey fear playing this type of defender.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Man Utd:

*are undefeated in their last 36 home games.
*have not conceded a goal from open play at Old Trafford since December 2016 (11 months).
*have not conceded a goal at home this season in the EPL.
*are the only team in Europe's top 5 leagues that have not conceded a goal at home this season.
oluphemmie007
Egg
Egg

Post by oluphemmie007 »

Oloye da. Bros, shebi u don see how to park bus take grab win now.
Manchester United: Trophies Yesterday, Today and Forever

This is Cybereagles...expect anything.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:Man Utd:

*are undefeated in their last 36 home games.
*have not conceded a goal from open play at Old Trafford since December 2016 (11 months).
*have not conceded a goal at home this season in the EPL.
*are the only team in Europe's top 5 leagues that have not conceded a goal at home this season.
But most of this is due to how Mourinho sets up the team to defend first.
Remember at some point LVG 's team was coming up with similar stats and fans cried that it's because he does not attack.

By the way i saw that Mourinho has been defending Lukaku and saying that he deserves more respect from fans, i missed the Spurs game, what did they do to him.
Is it justified for Man United fans to be criticising Lukaku.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Again, its the lack of finesse about Lukaku that incites the critique. First touch of Harvey Weinstein on Dating in the Dark.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

With the Chelsea game coming up next weekend, Man Utd should rest Tony V, Jonesy's fragile body, Matic, and Lukaku for the CL game against Benfica today (since they realistically need only 1 point from their remaining 2 games to qualify for the KO round).

I would pick:

DDG
Darmian-Smalling-Bailly-Young
Smith-Blind
Kills-Mkhi-Martial
Rashford*

*finally stops being a teenager today
Subs: Romero, Shaw, Tuanzebe, Matic, McTominay, Lingard, Lukaku