Wilfred Ndidi getting better

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Wilfred Ndidi getting better

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

It’s really a joy to see him continue to grow and develop his game this season, doesn’t always have a great game and still does the silly things once in a while but this boy is surely a much better DM today than he was last year. His ability to break up plays and make tackles has improved a lot, he works his socks off so much that he’s often too tired late in the 2nd. If you remove him from that Leicester lineup they’ll concede goals at a much higher rate .

My only concern is that he doesn’t seem to take shots at goal like he used to, he has probably been asked not to. The combination of him and Onazi breaking things up and protecting the defense in Russia will be a major advantage for SE even though they’re not the best at bring the ball up. Happy to see our boys getting better. I expect Ndidi to be on the radar of the big teams soon. Btw, wouldn’t Arsenal be better off with him than Elneny?

Well done Wilfred! :clap: :clap:
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Wilfred Ndidi getting better

Post by Gotti »

:agree:

I think playing alongside Iborra (unlike Drinkwater) has really expanded Ndidi's game range...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

I was extremely pleased with his performance today
Particularly his long range passing and breaking up of opposing play
I hope Rohr takes note of the subtle but important difference between the role he plays for Leicester and the no-mans land position he occupies in SE colors
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

his partnership with Iborra is very good.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

He is a top 5 DM in EPL and one of the most underated DM.He will start for alot of big name team in EPL today.
Leicester fans look at him like their new Kante and some say he is not far from Kante.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:He is a top 5 DM in EPL and one of the most underated DM.He will start for alot of big name team in EPL today.
Leicester fans look at him like their new Kante and some say he is not far from Kante.
Name the 4 other DMs
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

danfo driver wrote:
kajifu wrote:He is a top 5 DM in EPL and one of the most underated DM.He will start for alot of big name team in EPL today.
Name the 4 other DMs
My Top 6 are Kante, Dier, Matic, Ndidi, Fernadinho. Gueye.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Sheikh wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Name the 4 other DMs
Gueye was the best DM in the EPL last season (yes, better than Kante), but his form has really tailed off this season. His entire team is faltering and he's been in poor form as well.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Ndidi is one of my favourite Nigerian players.

I didn't end up finishing the match, due to the time difference. But I was very impressed with what I saw.

This guy has the potential to be a COMPLETE midfielder! Yes, a lot of room for improvement, but he has shown potential in EVERY department. If he continues to improve, this guy could become something else entirely. I won't go on to make bold statements (although I really want to), but I can't remember the last time a Nigerian midfielder showed promise in every department (at the senior level).
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tbite wrote:Ndidi is one of my favourite Nigerian players.

I didn't end up finishing the match, due to the time difference. But I was very impressed with what I saw.

This guy has the potential to be a COMPLETE midfielder! Yes, a lot of room for improvement, but he has shown potential in EVERY department. If he continues to improve, this guy could become something else entirely. I won't go on to make bold statements (although I really want to), but I can't remember the last time a Nigerian midfielder showed promise in every department (at the senior level).
Was it about yesterday's game (which I missed)?

He must have done really well becos forumers have also been very critical of his game as recently as a few weeks ago.
It's hard to tell unless you watch the games yourself.
But I'm happy for the guy, for Nigeria and for myself. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Generally much positivity about Ndidi's performance yesterday at Leicester:
https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/11393 ... -vote-now/
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Most tackles per game in the league so far.

Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

marutimon wrote:
Sheikh wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Name the 4 other DMs
Gueye was the best DM in the EPL last season (yes, better than Kante), but his form has really tailed off this season. His entire team is faltering and he's been in poor form as well.
What was the cumulative score when we played Everton last season? :taunt:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I am not too concerned about Wilfred, he is a bonafied starter for both club and country..I can state he is capable of starting for any EPL team...oh and guess what he wears green white green ..with Nididi and Onazi, our boywonder can be further upfront, creating and dictating play... so we are set..now we must work on good backups for all 3..

Russia wont be easy
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

I watched all of the game yesterday, monitoring Ndidi of course. I commented in the game thread yesterday about his improvement. I had commented last season on a few areas I felt he could improve upon at the time. He has clearly improved. I said he could be top 3 DM in the world. He's not there yet but I know he can by this time next year. Continue on my country man.