SE List - confirmed C NWAKALI called!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
SE List - confirmed C NWAKALI called!!

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/30/le ... omeruo-in/

The haters will not like this list. No new players . :taunt: I like the way is continuing to build on what he has. :thumb:

Official list

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/30/of ... n-standby/
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE List - unconfirmed!

Post by vancity eagle »

This is absolutely unnaceptable.

What on earth have Ahmed Musa and Aaron Samuel done to be invited?

Rohr is a stubborn man.

If he isn't going to look at other options now, 8 months away with qualification sealed and 2 matches to play, then when on earth is he going to ?

He might as well just name his 23 for Russia and forget the suspense.

Rubbish.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Like I suspected the team is already set plus or minus a couple of players. We need to work on chemistry now. You don't experiment 7 months before the world cup. You do that in 2015. The agents won't like this list. But I like it.

Against Argentina

Probable line-up

Enzenwa
Shehu, Balogun, Ekong, Aina
Onazi, Mikel, Ndidi
Iwobi, Ighalo, Onyekuru
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

i like the fact the Aaron Samuel was invited. He has been pretty consistent in starting in Russia. Eventually, their would be 1 striking position for a power/ strong striker. Aaron, Nwakaeme, Ighalo would do battle for this.

I hope Paul Onuachi is invited in future to also compete for this position.

Would have loved to see Kayode on this list though.

Onyekuru's invite is fantastic and i hope he ties down that left wing/ attack position permanently.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

ohenhen1 wrote:Like I suspected the team is already set plus or minus a couple of players. We need to work on chemistry now. You don't experiment 7 months before the world cup. You do that in 2015. The agents won't like this list. But I like it.

Against Argentina

Probable line-up

Enzenwa
Shehu, Balogun, Ekong, Aina
Onazi, Mikel, Ndidi
Iwobi, Ighalo, Onyekuru
Using the Zambia list, by Russia, I see ROhr bringing in atleats 5 new players. Already, Onyekuru is 1.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I await official confirmation of this list before commenting.
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

If confirmed, I think its good for consistency and building of team chemistry. Also sends a powerful message to those lastminute.com people who like to bring their spoon after the soup has been cooked, that they can forget that nonsense this time. Good job coach.
To stop trying is to start dying
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I like Rohr. He is an experienced coach that know how to prepare for a major tournament! This is the right thing to do. Continue building team Chemistry. No room for fringe players
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Great list by rohr. His trying to continue what he started. This is probably the best players we have available. Although, we can do with certain players like Abraham and Joel but injuries and not eligible. I hope rohr continues what he started and disregard naysayers. They usually run when he wins and proves them wrong. Most of them cannot even admit they were wrong in the past but are patiently waiting for rohr to fail so they can scream "I told you"
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

It would make sense as the Argentina friendly threw a spanner in the works. The same players selected for Algeria have to fly to Russia to play Argentina. We don't want to go there with an experimental team against Messi, do we? We want to use the same players that will likely be in our first team in the World Cup.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Ahidjo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ahidjo »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/30/le ... omeruo-in/

The haters will not like this list. No new players . :taunt: I like the way is continuing to build on what he has. :thumb:
Who are the haters? I do think that most people that proffer alternative views on team selection, to the best of their knowledge, do so on patriotic grounds: they want the best for the team. Let's for example, look at the goalkeepers. How on earth would you prefer a local-based Dele Ajiboye to a better exposed Uzoho who competes and plays against the world's best in Spain. How do you also explain the exclusion of Kayode, who just last week, made La Liga team of the week alongside Messi?. He also came in to play against Real Madrid. How do you explain these omissions?
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Owngoal is not reliable. They just discredited themselves by saying Uzoho was invited.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/30/co ... ntina-tie/

Wait for the official list from the NFF.
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

1naija wrote:I like Rohr. He is an experienced coach that know how to prepare for a major tournament! This is the right thing to do. Continue building team Chemistry. No room for fringe players
But it is a "dead rubber" game :P :D
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Deportivo La Coruna confirm Uzoho's invitation.
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Francis Uzoho, a goalkeeper who recently debuted in an official match with RC Deportivo, has been called up for the first time by Nigeria, for the last qualifying match for the 2018 World Cup and a friendly.

Francis, who made his debut at LaLiga Santander two weeks ago in Eibar and repeated his title at home to Girona, has been called up by the Nigerian Federation for the matches against Algeria and Argentina on 10 and 14 November respectively.

Nigeria, already qualified for the finals of the World Cup next summer, will close the tie-off against Algeria at the Chahid Hamlaou stadium in Constantine, Algeria, on Friday 10 November. On Tuesday November 14 will play a friendly against Argentina at Krasnodar Stadium in Krasnodar (Russia).

The goalkeeper will be present at the Nigerian concentration in Morocco on Monday, November 6, after the weekend in which the Dépor will receive Atletico Madrid and the Fabril will do the same with the Gimnástica Segoviana.

https://www.rcdeportivo.es/noticia/fran ... um=twitter
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Otitokoro wrote:Owngoal is not reliable. They just discredited themselves by saying Uzoho was invited.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/30/co ... ntina-tie/

Wait for the official list from the NFF.
:biggrin: :biggrin: but still dont expect too much changes from list by owngoal.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Owngoal should be banned from here. Their own lies is now too much
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/30/le ... omeruo-in/

Granted this list is NOT official, but in a different article, it is rumored Uzoho is invited to the camp. In this list present by "owngoal", Uzoho's name is not there. Anyway, let's wait and see. Nothing is official yet, so fingers are crossed.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

vancity eagle wrote:This is absolutely unnaceptable.

What on earth have Ahmed Musa and Aaron Samuel done to be invited?

Rohr is a stubborn man.

If he isn't going to look at other options now, 8 months away with qualification sealed and 2 matches to play, then when on earth is he going to ?

He might as well just name his 23 for Russia and forget the suspense.

Rubbish.
Vancity Eagle; relax! For now, this list is NOT official. Maybe, it is not the list at all.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ahidjo wrote:

Who are the haters? I do think that most people that proffer alternative views on team selection, to the best of their knowledge, do so on patriotic grounds: they want the best for the team. Let's for example, look at the goalkeepers. How on earth would you prefer a local-based Dele Ajiboye to a better exposed Uzoho who competes and plays against the world's best in Spain. How do you also explain the exclusion of Kayode, who just last week, made La Liga team of the week alongside Messi?. He also came in to play against Real Madrid. How do you explain these omissions?

Dont worry, when they hire you as the coach, you too can do what is best for the team. :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Francis Uzoho, a goalkeeper who recently debuted in an official match with RC Deportivo, has been called up for the first time by Nigeria, for the last qualifying match for the 2018 World Cup and a friendly.

Francis, who made his debut at LaLiga Santander two weeks ago in Eibar and repeated his title at home to Girona, has been called up by the Nigerian Federation for the matches against Algeria and Argentina on 10 and 14 November respectively.

Nigeria, already qualified for the finals of the World Cup next summer, will close the tie-off against Algeria at the Chahid Hamlaou stadium in Constantine, Algeria, on Friday 10 November. On Tuesday November 14 will play a friendly against Argentina at Krasnodar Stadium in Krasnodar (Russia).

The goalkeeper will be present at the Nigerian concentration in Morocco on Monday, November 6, after the weekend in which the Dépor will receive Atletico Madrid and the Fabril will do the same with the Gimnástica Segoviana.

This will give the kid more respect! It will motivate Deportivo to promote him fully, especially if he plays well against Argentina. :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Komani
Egg
Egg

Post by Komani »

What is Aaron Samuel doing on this list?? Rohr fear God abeg.
We should be trying out Dessers. I don't know about you guys, but I still feel we can do better in the CF position. This team as it is is not good enough to make an impact in WC. Players like Joel Obi, Tammy would easily get into this team.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ahidjo wrote:

... the points you raised - Chief Ahidjo - are the reasons I am hoping "owngoal's unofficial list" is NOT true or correct. Like I already said in a different thread, though similar to this, it is said Uzoho is invited to camp.

See the article here or rather in the link below: