Akpeyi Update

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Akpeyi Update

Post by truetalk »

So, while scanning for Champions league games this evening, I caught the 2nd half of the Bidvest Wits vs Chippa United South African league game, and our man was at it again.

For starters, it was good to see James Okwuosa as captain of Chippa United, and it was also good to see the veteran Steven Pienaar playing for Bidwest.

In the 74th minute, a harmless cross that had the sting taken out of it by an attempted block looped into the box (away from Goal) and Akpeyi came to gather. For whatever reason, Akpeyi made a hash of it and sort of pushed/parried the ball backwards over his head for what would have been a spectacular own goal, but Okwuosa cleared off the line.

The commentators were laughing and making fun of Akpeyi, as it appeared he was was attempting to blame someone else for his mistake.

Akpeyi's Blablalawo must be strong, as his team scored 2 late goals to get the away win over the defending champions. He appeared to injure his shoulder late on though. Maybe he was just wasting time.
Last edited by truetalk on Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Akpeyi Update

Post by vancity eagle »

Akpeyi is the worst keeper I have seen play for SE in a long time. Anybody who plays this wastepipe does not wish Nigeria well.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

truetalk wrote:So, while scanning for Champions league games this evening, I caught the 2nd half of the Bidvest Wits vs Chippa United South African league game, and our man was at it again.

For starters, it was good to see James Okwuosa as captain of Chippa United, and it was also good to see the veteran Steven Pienaar playing for Bidwest.

In the 74th minute, a harmless cross that had the sting taken out of it by an attempted block looped into the box (away from Goal) and Akpeyi came to gather. For whatever reason, Akpeyi made a hash of it and sort of pushed/parried the ball backwards over his head for what would have been a spectacular home goal, but Okwuosa cleared off the line.

The commentators were laughing and making fun of Akpeyi, as it appeared he was was attempting to blame someone else for his mistake.

Akpeyi's Blablalawo must be strong, as his team scored 2 late goals to get the away win over the defending champions. He appeared to injure his shoulder late on though. Maybe he was just wasting time.

This is a “dead rubber” post without video evidence :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

I watched the highlights on soccer Africa. After all the hype about him on owngoal about him keeping clean sheets, I was curious to see how he performed.

Conclusion, that guy has no business in the SE. He was jittery, undecisive and has the calamity aura around him.

On the plane to Russia should be Magnet, Ezenwa and Uzoho...finito
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Hopefully when Enyeama returns that wastepipe will be dropped.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
truetalk wrote:So, while scanning for Champions league games this evening, I caught the 2nd half of the Bidvest Wits vs Chippa United South African league game, and our man was at it again.

In the 74th minute, a harmless cross that had the sting taken out of it by an attempted block looped into the box (away from Goal) and Akpeyi came to gather. For whatever reason, Akpeyi made a hash of it and sort of pushed/parried the ball backwards over his head for what would have been a spectacular home goal, but Okwuosa cleared off the line.

This is a “dead rubber” post without video evidence :laugh:
Alakoba-so you want to see video evidence and then forward onto coach Rohr ai -(Akpeyi thinking out loud :biggrin:)
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

bret- hart wrote:Hopefully when Enyeama returns that wastepipe will be dropped.

Even if Enyeama does not come back, Alampasu should be taken instead. At least we can start to groom him for the future.
fajex
Egg
Egg

Post by fajex »

Mr Shows wrote:I watched the highlights on soccer Africa. After all the hype about him on owngoal about him keeping clean sheets, I was curious to see how he performed.

Conclusion, that guy has no business in the SE. He was jittery, undecisive and has the calamity aura around him.

Really not sure what happened to Akpeyi, he used to be really good and had great potential. He suddenly lost his calmnes and something else I can't lay my hands on. He then added this jittery state to it. He just needs some counseling, maybe a psychologist too.....Great potential if he gets a good coach or mentor. Not sure he is ready for the world cup. couldn't even cut it during the Olympics
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

fajex wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:I watched the highlights on soccer Africa. After all the hype about him on owngoal about him keeping clean sheets, I was curious to see how he performed.

Really not sure what happened to Akpeyi, he used to be really good and had great potential. He suddenly lost his calmnes and something else I can't lay my hands on. He then added this jittery state to it. He just needs some counseling, maybe a psychologist too.....Great potential if he gets a good coach or mentor. Not sure he is ready for the world cup. couldn't even cut it during the Olympics
Whatever he’s going through he needs to sort it out away from the Nigerian National Team,he's obviously not up to the challenge.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

During the Zambia game when I saw that look in his eyes, it made me have that look in my eyes. I pray Vincent recovers and Uzoho comes good.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Most worldclass keepers have an aura of assuredness and confidence about them. They own every blade of grass in the 6 yard box and mentally intimidate even the best strikers. They marshal the back 4 and are always barking out commands and provide extra cover as a sweeper in defence.

Akpeyi is simply mentally fragile (even Ezenwa has one up on him in this regard) and doesn't tick any of the above boxes. When you look into his eyes he doesn't inspire confidence. Such a keeper just encourages the opposition to take pot shots and shoot on sight.

The 3 to board to Russia have to be Magnet, Ezenwa and Uzoho in that order QED.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

CE has sunk to a new low! Akpeyi is getting crucified without video evidence of what he did wrong. Unless you believe you know better than his club and national team coaches who continue to call on him then I suggest you keep your “dead rubber “opinions to yourself. Akpeyi did well vs Egypt in Cairo when called upon. Yes, he’s not Buffon but we’ve never had one either. If a lot of u reached the same level in your respective professions you’d be better off.

I appreciate the effort and commitment Akpeyi has given to SE and I hope he continues to be called as long as his coaches see value in him because they know best. Not CE yahoos with a mobile phone!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:CE has sunk to a new low! Akpeyi is getting crucified without video evidence of what he did wrong. Unless you believe you know better than his club and national team coaches who continue to call on him then I suggest you keep your “dead rubber “opinions to yourself. Akpeyi did well vs Egypt in Cairo when called upon. Yes, he’s not Buffon but we’ve never had one either. If a lot of u reached the same level in your respective professions you’d be better off.

I appreciate the effort and commitment Akpeyi has given to SE and I hope he continues to be called as long as his coaches see value in him because they know best. Not CE yahoos with a mobile phone!
Kongi this is what this website was set up for ..... fans expressing their opinions.... we don't have to align on every subject :blink: :dream:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Mr Shows wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:CE has sunk to a new low! Akpeyi is getting crucified without video evidence of what he did wrong. Unless you believe you know better than his club and national team coaches who continue to call on him then I suggest you keep your “dead rubber “opinions to yourself. Akpeyi did well vs Egypt in Cairo when called upon. Yes, he’s not Buffon but we’ve never had one either. If a lot of u reached the same level in your respective professions you’d be better off.

Kongi this is what this website was set up for ..... fans expressing their opinions.... we don't have to align on every subject :blink: :dream:
The hate directed at him is way too much!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I KPOM the above. While, Akpeyi was jittery in a few games with Nigeria, we saw an entire match to make such a judgment. Unfortunately, here, we are asked to reach a conclusion based on one error. If only all our players are judged by such an error count. The question: How did he do in the entire game? Or is Rohr on the take by constantly inviting him? Should we reach conclusion on Uzoho based on this singular report below? :dream:
New Super Eagles invitee, Uzoho commits ‘blunder’ in Deportivo stalemate
http://www.brila.net/new-super-eagles-i ... stalemate/
By Brila - November 2, 20170

Newly invited Super Eagles goalkeeper Francis Odinaka Uzoho commits a blunder that led to a penalty goal in Deportivo La Coruna B 2-2 draw against Pontevedra.

Uzoho, however, had Oscar Pinchi to thank as his late equalize earned La Coruna a hard-earned draw in the 2nd additional minute of the game.

The 18-year old Uzoho who is in the squad of the senior national team of Nigeria ‎for their games against Algeria and Argentina kept goal for Deportivo La Coruna B team who are known as Fabril in the third tier of Spanish Football League.

Demoted to the B team following the sacking of Pepe Mel, the 18-year-old who has two La-Liga games to his belt brought down Pontevedra forward David Anon in the box, and the forward blast the resultant penalty past him for the opening goal of the game.

Anon made it 2-1 to Pontevedra when he finished a classic counter-attack move past Uzoho, whose three games clean sheet for the B team ended when he conceded the opening penalty.

Pinchi, however, ensured that Deportivo La Coruna salvage a point from the game when he struck two minutes into time added time to save his team from embarrassment particularly Uzoho who gave away the first penalty.

Francis Uzoho is expected to team up with the Super Eagles for their next fixtures during the international break as they face Algeria in the final qualifying match for the FIFA World cup and Argentina in a glamour game to be played in Russia.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

He is garbage. He was garbage at the o lympics, he was garbage at the WCQs he was garbage vs South Afica, he was Garbage vs Senegal. The days of inviting junk players is over.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Akpeyi is crap and nothing yall can say will change anything , when we played SA the SA commentators were laughing so hard when we had him in goal, that alone says a lot
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Akpeyi is crap and nothing y'all can say will change anything , when we played SA the SA commentators were laughing so hard when we had him in goal, that alone says a lot
Why is Rohr inviting him, may I ask? Please reconcile that for me. Does the dropology theory now apply to Rohr? Please explain. I hope it isn't too complex.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enugu II wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Akpeyi is crap and nothing y'all can say will change anything , when we played SA the SA commentators were laughing so hard when we had him in goal, that alone says a lot
Why is Rohr inviting him, may I ask? Please reconcile that for me. Does the dropology theory now apply to Rohr? Please explain. I hope it isn't too complex.
because there weren't any other option and he was recommended to the squad... the last 3 SE games Ezenwa came in and took care of business. The gulf in class between Ezenwa and Akpeyi is so huge
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:

I KPOM the above. While, Akpeyi was jittery in a few games with Nigeria, we saw an entire match to make such a judgment. Unfortunately, here, we are asked to reach a conclusion based on one error. If only all our players are judged by such an error count. The question: How did he do in the entire game? Or is Rohr on the take by constantly inviting him? Should we reach conclusion on Uzoho based on this singular report below?
Bros, but we have seen Akpeyi not just once but way too MANY times to have genuine concerns about him. In fact, apart from what I assume was his debut in a friendly away against SAfrica a few years back (where he saved a PK), we would be glad if you could be helpful and remind us of one other single game that he played well for Nigeria - SE or Olympics! Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Gotti on Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
because there weren't any other option and he was recommended to the squad... the last 3 SE games Ezenwa came in and took care of business. The gulf in class between Ezenwa and Akpeyi is so huge
Bigpokey,

So obviously by the above Rohr believes Akpeyi is better than Alampasu and Ajiboye, right? He has dropped those two and has continued to invite Akpeyi. Why is Rohr doing this?

Look, I do not think Akpeyi is great but we must step back and really think and understand what is happening. It seems to me that Akpeyi certainly must be doing something right for Rohr to continue to call him up. If that is not the case, then we must be willing to charge Rohr with the issue of dropology as we have with other coaches. We cannot have our cake and eat it. Either Akpeyi has been okay or we explore the theory that Rohr is involved with some shenanigans.
Last edited by Enugu II on Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

The discussion seems good because there exists - in the arguments - several "for and against" the goalkeepers involved. However, it seems some people's position against Akpeyi are taken out of fear, which the coaches doesn't seem to have. As already said by some, let's keep our fingers crossed and see what happens.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:Bigpokey,

So obviously by the above Rohr believes Akpeyi is better than Alampasu and Ajiboye, right? He has dropped those two and has continued to invite Akpeyi. Why is Rohr doing this?
Why did Keshi take Gabriel to the WC? Why did Lagerbeer take Utaka to the WC? Why did Lagerbeer play Keita wide out right (or play Afolabi at LB - when Taiwo was fit enough to come into the game)? Why did Onigbinde exclude Yakubu and Agali and took neophyte Ogbeche? Why did Westerhoff never call-up Chris Ohenhen at the peak of his career at La Liga? Why did Oliseh drop Mikel from the SE and replaced him with Onobi? Why did Betty seemingly place more emphasis on clean t-shirts than the product on the field :D ?! Et al.

Coaches are human and thus their calls are not infallible. So, while we may defer to a coach to live and die by his judgment, it is not inappropriate for fans (who actually suffer and celebrate alongside the team) to question same. Accordingly, while we may not be personally privy to Coach Rohr's reasons for repeatedly calling up Mr. Akpeyi (not least because we have no personal privity to SE training sessions) and recognize we have no direct influence thereover, we have nonetheless all PERSONALLY witnessed the jittery (if not completely calamitous) performances of Mr. Akpeyi in SE matches (not training, but actual official games) and therefore in a proper and appropriate position to question his continued relevance. Bros, this is one of those times where "because the Coach said so" is simply not enough. After all, our taxes (if most Nigerians actually paid taxes) pays for this ish!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL