SAW THE UNUSUAL: COLUMBUS CREW VS NEW YORK CITY FC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bell
Egg
Egg
SAW THE UNUSUAL: COLUMBUS CREW VS NEW YORK CITY FC

Post by Bell »

Most of the players on both sides had long sleeve shirts although a handful had short sleeves with long-sleeved T-shirts underneath. Long sleeve shirts used to be more common but in recent times, it's been all short sleeves regardless of weather. I wonder if long sleeve shirts will be back in vogue as in time past.
Bell
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SAW THE UNUSUAL: COLUMBUS CREW VS NEW YORK CITY FC

Post by danfo driver »

Bell wrote:Most of the players on both sides had long sleeve shirts although a handful had short sleeves with long-sleeved T-shirts underneath. Long sleeve shirts used to be more common but in recent times, it's been all short sleeves regardless of weather. I wonder if long sleeve shirts will be back in vogue as in time past.
Bell
Bro, not sure where the match was played. But if it was played in NYC, then bro, no person born of a woman was walking around with short sleeves in the last 2 days.

Its not as it its freezing. This cold just came from nowhere and its a bit uncomfortable.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

danfo driver wrote:
Bell wrote:Most of the players on both sides had long sleeve shirts although a handful had short sleeves with long-sleeved T-shirts underneath. Long sleeve shirts used to be more common but in recent times, it's been all short sleeves regardless of weather. I wonder if long sleeve shirts will be back in vogue as in time past.
Bell
Bro, not sure where the match was played. But if it was played in NYC, then bro, no person born of a woman was walking around with short sleeves in the last 2 days.

Its not as it its freezing. This cold just came from nowhere and its a bit uncomfortable.

I GET YOU, BUT...

...this one was played in Columbus and it was most likely cold. The reason this is news is because lately even in cold weather worldwide players wore short sleeves sometimes with a T-shirt underneath. Do you recall seeing a long sleeve replica shirt in the store?
Bell
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

did you see the last goal?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Rawlings wrote:did you see the last goal?
BY A FULLBACK, NO LESS

So much for defenders just been nothing more than burly bruisers.
Bell
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

danfo driver wrote:
Bell

:bump: :bump: :bump:
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

LOOKS LIKE LONG-SLEEVED JERSEYS ARE OFFICIALLY BACK IN VOGUE

Noticed that a few SE players are using them? First it was the MLS teams kitted by Adidas and now it's the Nike's SE doing same. Need to watch Puma, Under Armour, Umbro, Manfro et al.
Bell
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...how is unusual to wear long sleeve in a soccer match? Even for the heat of Africa they wear long sleeves.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

mcal wrote:...how is unusual to wear long sleeve in a soccer match? Even for the heat of Africa they wear long sleeves.

VERY UNUSUAL THESE DAYS

I'm not referring to the undershirt worn under jerseys. I'm talking about a single unit long sleeve shirt which was popular years ago. If you can show me teams that wearing prior to this year I'd take a look.
Bell
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Bell wrote:
mcal wrote:...how is unusual to wear long sleeve in a soccer match? Even for the heat of Africa they wear long sleeves.

VERY UNUSUAL THESE DAYS

I'm not referring to the undershirt worn under jerseys. I'm talking about a single unit long sleeve shirt which was popular years ago. If you can show me teams that wearing prior to this year I'd take a look.
Bell
...hmm, never noticed your observation or make any thing of it. Though I do see what you described.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

mcal wrote:
Bell wrote:

VERY UNUSUAL THESE DAYS

Bell
...hmm, never noticed your observation or make any thing of it. Though I do see what you described.

ONLY BECAUSE, GROWING UP...

...they were very common.
Bell