Akpeyi Update

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Akpeyi Update

Post by Enugu II »

Mr Shows wrote:Enugu II.... If Magnet regains form and fitness, Ezenwa stays fit and Uzoho is still a regular at Deportivo, then the simple answer to your question is an emphatic NO :boo:
Mr. Shows,

I KPOM the above. I believe that will be my take and I believe that will be Rohr's take as well. The issue, however, is that only Ezenwa's case is certain at the moment and thus I fully understand why Rohr has Akpeyi as part of the squad and I fully trust that judgment.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:Perhaps, a large point is that it seems to me that you miss the crux of the argument from the word go. You seem to focus exclusively on who is starting in a game. Your discourse appears limited to that. I understand clearly that it should since, unlike the coaches, your standpoint does not stretch any further or beyond. However, no one has argued that Akpeyi should start. Instead, the argument is whether he is worth, at this time, a spot on the squad. Here we are talking of three goalkeeping spots. Rohr has already decided that the starting spot belongs to Ezenwa, at this time. Thus, the debate is whether Akpeyi is worth any of the other two spots. Perhaps, this clarity should make you re-think, one hopes.
Bros, that’s not the discussion you and I are having, since I had initially made the following point (see above in the thread)...
Gotti wrote:Personally, I think dude is poor to average, but recognize that GK is presently an area of weakness for us, and he is experienced and decent enough to at the very least provide a reasonable backup.
My issue is with your position (as I understood it) that CE criticisms of Akpeyi’s GAME are somehow supposedly “less credible” because unlike Rohr we do not see him in training. If the object of training is to perform well in actual GAMES, then criticism from those who have actually personally witnessed Akpeyi’s performances in several games is of the most credible caliber! And because we are all witnessing the SAME games at the same time, Rohr’s SUBJECTIVE evaluation of Akpeyi’s performances are not more “credible” than ours - merely different (presumably). Even the fact that Rohr sees him regularly in training or that Rohr is a ‘professional’ does not change the factually reality of dude dropping harmless crosses, looking jittery, rushing out and generally making poor decisions, flapping at the ball, taking poor goal-kicks, making poor distributions, etc., during games.

PS: If you had initially made the cure that you have added to wit: “‘best’ in [Rohr’s] view”, you would have spared us all the discourse on objectivity.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Akpeyi is crap and nothing yall can say will change anything , when we played SA the SA commentators were laughing so hard when we had him in goal, that alone says a lot
:P
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

We have our new number 1....I love his height. That is a characteristic part of a goalie ala Van der sar, Courtois, Peter cech...all over 6ft 3
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cellular wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Akpeyi is crap and nothing yall can say will change anything , when we played SA the SA commentators were laughing so hard when we had him in goal, that alone says a lot
:P
The guy kills the morale of the team, just watch our defenders their body language, it was so obvious. .he isn't vocal, he has stage freight, Ezenwa isn't all that but he has confidence. ..however Uzoho is massive, vocal and commanding, the way he was organizing and yelling at his defenders etc.. the guy is just 19 years old... I pray he continues to shine, we just need Carl and Enyeama back and the Uzoho. ..if carl or enyeama don't make it. Then we take Uzoho and Ezenwa, let Mikel be the emergency 3rd choice goalie or in fact Agu fit stand there
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved