The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

hate to be that guy but how that hell are you going to nick a result @ Man City with that level of officiating? VAR can't come soon enough.

@ Stoke no PK on Bellerin, joke offside on Laca, @ Watford joke PK on Bellerin, @ Man City joke PK on Montreal, clear offside on Jesus.

No VAR has easily cost Arsenal 7 points.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Detective Bunk Moreland

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

no team in all football will benefit from VAR like Arsenal. the day VAR comes to the PL is the day Arsenal have fighting chance to win the PL.
Detective Bunk Moreland

ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:no team in all football will benefit from VAR like Arsenal. the day VAR comes to the PL is the day Arsenal have fighting chance to win the PL.
What about the penalty call. Terrible officiating Wenger and Arsenal should be shouting about the level of officiating to the roof top.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:

But City had a penalty call that wen against city ...

Oh well
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:no team in all football will benefit from VAR like Arsenal. the day VAR comes to the PL is the day Arsenal have fighting chance to win the PL.

My man stop blaming the refs ... focus on your cowardly manager
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Some real hypocrites, drooling all week over how good Man City is under Pep but claim Arsenal should overcome a joke PK & offside goal..GTFOH!!
Detective Bunk Moreland

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

No redeeming features - had 7days to get ready!!!!
How do you talk about competing when your rested players are outpressed, outran - outhustled by ManC.
Fabian Delph could not play @fullback/wingback for us - we've to face the massive gap in coaching instead of looking for
excuses - can anyone tell me what our strategy was?
Last edited by tolahs on Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

tolahs wrote:No redeeming features - had 7days to get ready!!!!
They are now blaming the ref.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

realtrouble wrote:

You dey mind them
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

tell me how good Man City was today when Arsenal are gifted a PK and an offside goal..until then save your anti Arsenal narrative
Detective Bunk Moreland

Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:tell me how good Man City was today when Arsenal are gifted a PK and an offside goal..until then save your anti Arsenal narrative
Don't mind them....

City are good but at the end of the day they only scored 1 legitimate goal.
To God be the glory
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Skylolo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:tell me how good Man City was today when Arsenal are gifted a PK and an offside goal..until then save your anti Arsenal narrative
Don't mind them....

Psst, hello my good friend, how many Game changing chances did our wonderful play maker create today ? Or are you still waiting for Azu and Waffi to download the opta stats :woot:

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:
realtrouble wrote:

You dey mind them
Does any of you really believe Fabian Delph could get away with playing FB or WB for us?
I am open to be pointed areas we dominated - ball pressure, reaction to ball pressure, ball turnover to opponent,
defensive support for teammate - to resort to ref calls is a disgrace - we ain't in some cult where we've to be Ray Charles to the
obvious - Arsene's way past his sell-by date.
We need to make that change fast - look at how fast Pep is drilled that team into a hot rod.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Skylolo wrote:
Don't mind them....

No time for narrative mouth breathers.

At 0-1 a game can go either way. Fact is the officials aided City (admittedly the better side) with a PK and joke offside clincher.

The mouth breathers Argue with their keyboard
Detective Bunk Moreland

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

I like that Ray Charles vibe sometimes too - are you really stating we did enough to get a result today. I saw a team that played on Wed pressing us into turnovers(we the rested team), i saw them outhustling & out running us, i saw a team drilled in ball pressure
& how to react to it - we mustn't do those drills.
This looking at refs for digression is embarrassing. Are we the new "SHAMELESS" now!!!???
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Some real hypocrites, drooling all week over how good Man City is under Pep but claim Arsenal should overcome a joke PK & offside goal..GTFOH!!

I agree wholly with you.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

tolahs wrote:
I like that Ray Charles vibe sometimes too - are you really stating we did enough to get a result today. I saw a team that played on Wed pressing us into turnovers(we the rested team), i saw them outhustling & out running us, i saw a team drilled in ball pressure
This looking at refs for digression is embarrassing. Are we the new "SHAMELESS" now!!!???
Stop with the narrative. Every PL side will have their backs against the wall for much of the 90 minutes vs Man City @ The Etihad, idea Arsenal would not be under the cosh for vast majority of the game is at best naive, at worst agenda driven rubbish.

people slobber over man city yet ignore reality how getting a result in the Etihad becomes markedly more difficult when refs are gifting them goals.
Detective Bunk Moreland

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

tolahs wrote:

It's a bit of both. Arsenal could have played better but it doesn't mean City didn't get help. Are the Mancunians better? Yes. Did they get help? Yes. Did they deserve to win today? Probably but they were not vastly superior to Arsenal.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Tunis, has Beloved not gotten the rub of the green this season? Convenient amnesia when the dice rolls our way, piquet line and placards when it doesn't. Whether Video ref or video killed the radio star, the fact of the matter remains as it has done for some time, early days and Arsenal are well out of contention. 11 or is it 12 points behind, even if iPhone 8 was the ref, what difference would it make? History has shown, on consecutive occasions, for well over a decade, this side, mastered and commandered by Barrister Oga Robert Wengabe, is going nowhere as far as the Premier league and Champions league be concerned.

A full week's rest and you're struggling to make inroads vs Fabian Delph. Banked on a tired City display and Beloved's fresh legs running them ragged. Couldn't have been more wrong. There's nothing left in Arsene's tank, the great tactical ploy built up in the pre-match preamble, manifested as Coquelin in central defence and another throw of the Frankensteinian monstrosity, 3-4-whatever whatever. Again, the team collectively don't have the brain to play a back three in the face of danger. Much like the fossil, Beloved is locked in a land before time, watching on as the game evolves around them. Good money gone. Even with the advantage of freshness, the same freshness claimed by all to have favoured Chelsea last season, nothing. F*ck off
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Stop with the narrative. Every PL side will have their backs against the wall for much of the 90 minutes vs Man City @ The Etihad, idea Arsenal would not be under the cosh for vast majority of the game is at best naive, at worst agenda driven rubbish.

people slobber over man city yet ignore reality how getting a result in the Etihad becomes markedly more difficult when refs are gifting them goals.
TG, I expect better from you. These are excuses for losers im sorry. While you are factually correct about the help from the refs but this Arsenal team CAN'T win at the Etihad.

Arsenal is not disciplined defensively enough to grind out needed results. Arsenal concedes way too cheaply for me.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

SylverEagles wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
tolahs wrote:

TG, I expect better from you. These are excuses for losers im sorry. While you are factually correct about the help from the refs but this Arsenal team CAN'T win at the Etihad.

Arsenal is not disciplined defensively enough to grind out needed results. Arsenal concedes way too cheaply for me.
So let's get this straight Man City compared to invincibles but Arsenal castigated for not winning despite bogus PK & joke offside call... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Detective Bunk Moreland

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^No, Arsenal castigated for having a double figure points deficit, with barely a double figured number of games played.