SUNDAY OLISEH JUPILER LEAGUE WATCH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SUNDAY OLISEH JUPILER LEAGUE WATCH

Post by smartbrother »

good luck to him but he was a horrible coach for Nigeria
Rohr has put him to shame
Hopefully never returns to the SE.
Never.
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

depends on what you call horrible..tactically..he was a very sound coach especially his attention to naija's aversion to set pieces..personality wise...well not too hot...either way..very proud of what he's doing in holland..i'll continue watching his progress with keen interest.Whether we like it or not, he is a trail blazer..not THE trailblazer, but a trailblazer nonetheless to opening the door to african coaches being taken seriously in the west.
only the super eagles of nigeria are capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory-total football magazine circa june 02'
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Eclipse wrote:depends on what you call horrible..tactically..he was a very sound coach especially his attention to naija's aversion to set pieces..personality wise...well not too hot...either way..very proud of what he's doing in holland..i'll continue watching his progress with keen interest.Whether we like it or not, he is a trail blazer..not THE trailblazer, but a trailblazer nonetheless to opening the door to african coaches being taken seriously in the west.
Maybe he was still learning the ropes tactically when he coached us
But Nigeria played such anaemic depressing football under him.
also we had to endure seeing the likes of Paul Onobi and Sylvestus Igboun playing for us ahead of more deserving players
I gave him the benefit of the doubt while he was with us but the fact that a journeyman coach like Rohr is outperforming him says a lot
either Oliseh was horrible and Rohr is average,
or Oliseh was average and Rohr is an amazing coach
Either way I hope he stays away from Nigeria's technical bench forever
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

Smart Brother, you may not like him and I understand your reasons but to come up here and say we played rubbish football under oliseh is utter and complete b.s.It was only two years ago and I personally watched the eagles games incl when we played cameroun in a friendly across the english channel. His first couple of games were ropey but he definitely had the team playing some decent football especially with his attention to set pieces.

My problem with him was his short temper, interaction with the media and treatment of some of the more established players in camp. But as far as football goes, he did the business and was on the right path as far as I was concerned. By the way, the NFA certainly did not help matters.
only the super eagles of nigeria are capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory-total football magazine circa june 02'
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Eclipse you need to learn how to discuss without childishly attacking or ascribing ulterior motives to other people's opinions.
You are mistaken if you think calling other people's views "utter and complete b.s" somehow gives strength to your opinion.
You say you "personally watched the eagles games incl when we played cameroun across the english channel(whatever that means)". Okay,..... So what?
Guess what? Every diehard SE fan including me also watched every game Nigeria played under Oliseh. You're not special.
Its also very arrogant to assume our diverging views on oliseh must be down to me not liking him.
I could equally suggest your favourable view of Oliseh is driven by a romantic schoolboy crush you have on him.
There's no evidence to support either claim so better to leave such nonsense out of the discussion

Oliseh introduced nothing original in terms of strategy. We played the same conventional tactics and formations under him
There was zero improvement in our style of play under him
We struggled against teams like Swaziland, Tanzania and Congo under him.
The only minor improvement was the reduction in the number of junk players in the squad
Overall he was a useless coach and very emotionally unstable
But that;s just my opinion
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Oliseh proving people wrong and they do not like it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

anointed wrote: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This must really hurt several Nigerians, many of whom are on Cybereagles. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: they come here and say he was a terrible tactician..i repeat my earlier statement..I still call it b.s
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Well done coach. Keep learning, keep developing yourself. We will return to BEG you sooner or later. It's a given.
To stop trying is to start dying
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

This is great and Congrats. But I hope Oliseh has not started awarding himself awards like JJ did with BBC African player of the year o! :taunt:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

:clap: :clap:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

anikulapo wrote:

:clap: :clap:
Best coach or coach of the month? A bit confused
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Good for Oliseh. :clap:

The Nigeria job came too early for him.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

I think most of you are understandably conflicting two issues here about Oliseh; He might as well be doing very well as a coach in Juplier league evident in the results he has gotten and that's all great and dandy. However you would be woefully wanting to extrapolate whatever appraisal you are operating with to his coaching fiasco in Nigeria. There are far too many unrelated intervening variables.
In the final analysis he woefully failed to manage his Team in Nigeria irrespective of his present standing elsewhere. We all know that If successes in any aspect of life elsewhere in the world are directly interchangeable/translatable with Nigeria unique environment then many of you would have since duplicated same in Nigeria. So this has nothing to do with liking oliseh or not liking him.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Big ups to Sunny! Keep making us proud!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

jette1 wrote:I think most of you are understandably conflicting two issues here about Oliseh; He might as well be doing very well as a coach in Juplier league evident in the results he has gotten and that's all great and dandy. However you would be woefully wanting to extrapolate whatever appraisal you are operating with to his coaching fiasco in Nigeria. There are far too many unrelated intervening variables.
In the final analysis he woefully failed to manage his Team in Nigeria irrespective of his present standing elsewhere. We all know that If successes in any aspect of life elsewhere in the world are directly interchangeable/translatable with Nigeria unique environment then many of you would have since duplicated same in Nigeria. So this has nothing to do with liking oliseh or not liking him.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Welldone Coach Oliseh! So proud of you brother. :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

smartbrother wrote:Eclipse you need to learn how to discuss without childishly attacking or ascribing ulterior motives to other people's opinions.
You are mistaken if you think calling other people's views "utter and complete b.s" somehow gives strength to your opinion.
You say you "personally watched the eagles games incl when we played cameroun across the english channel(whatever that means)". Okay,..... So what?
Guess what? Every diehard SE fan including me also watched every game Nigeria played under Oliseh. You're not special.
Its also very arrogant to assume our diverging views on oliseh must be down to me not liking him.
I could equally suggest your favourable view of Oliseh is driven by a romantic schoolboy crush you have on him.
There's no evidence to support either claim so better to leave such nonsense out of the discussion

Oliseh introduced nothing original in terms of strategy. We played the same conventional tactics and formations under him
There was zero improvement in our style of play under him
We struggled against teams like Swaziland, Tanzania and Congo under him.
The only minor improvement was the reduction in the number of junk players in the squad
Overall he was a useless coach and very emotionally unstable
But that;s just my opinion
Cannot agree more with Smartbrother on his abilities as a coach. I thought Oliseh was technically a sub-par coach, and his personality was unsuitable. Self obsessed and a bad manager of people. Doing very well in the second division of the Dutch league has no bearing whatsoever on how he can perform at a more competitive level, where he has to pitch his wits against accomplished coaches and teams, and manage players with more experience and stronger abilities.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

1naija wrote:
jette1 wrote:I think most of you are understandably conflicting two issues here about Oliseh; He might as well be doing very well as a coach in Juplier league evident in the results he has gotten and that's all great and dandy. However you would be woefully wanting to extrapolate whatever appraisal you are operating with to his coaching fiasco in Nigeria. There are far too many unrelated intervening variables.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

The YeyeMan wrote:Good for Oliseh. :clap:

Nope, Nigeria was not ready for him or most people with professionalism.
http://www.naijiant.com/
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

cic old boy wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Good for Oliseh. :clap:

Nope, Nigeria was not ready for him or most people with professionalism.
Whilst that's certainly a fair point, Oliseh showed a lack of man-management ability whilst coaching the SE and that's something he appears to have improved upon.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.