Only the dishonest will say we are better than Senegal or SA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Only the dishonest will say we are better than Senegal or SA

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] I am glad we all saw Senegal and South Africa play before our match. It gave us a basis for comparison
[2] Will anybody here really say we controlled the ball as well as either of the two teams? We only drew this match because Algeria were crap too
[3] It took us about 30 minutes to settle into the game. before then, every ball went to an opponent
[4] Even when we did settle, did we ever string five passes together all game? Just imagine what would have happened had Algeria taken all the chances we gifted them
[5] Did we ever look dangerous on the counter-attack? Take it or leave it but our counter-attacking capability can be summed up in two words - Victor Moses. Without him, we are hopeless in that area
[6] Gernot Rohr's undoing will be his ultra-conservatisim. His refusal to change things that are obviously not working is a recipe for disaster
[7] Who goes into an away tie without an anchorman who can hold the ball up? Did he really expect Nwakaeme and Iheanacho to do the job effectively? Take it or leave it but Nigeria has to start one of the following whenever she takes to the field - Ighalo, Odeye, Kayode, Osinhem or Awoniyi
[8] As per Ezenwa, nothing more needs to be said about him. I dare Rohr to play him in Russia. We will end up conceding more goals than Zaire in 74 and Cameroon in 94 combined
[9] I also hope this match also nails to nonsensical talk that the team "has arrived" and only needs a bit of chemistry. There are a few players out there who have no business anywhere near the Super Eagles. Rohr has got to step up his search for replacements asap and stop pretending he has a team (I will not mention their names so as not to embarrass their families)
[10] On the positive side, I think the back four did well by and large. Ndidi was also great in front of them but the fact remains that he offers very little offensively. This makes the search for creative and offensive midfielders a top priority.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Only the dishonest will say we are better than Senegal o

Post by platinum »

South Africa's coach says they are not worse than Nigeria or Senegal.

Ayo, as far as your comment goes. We're going to the World Cup, qualified from the toughest group without losing a single game. I'm not sure what you are getting at. Can we be better? Sure, and we will be but these a re qualifiers and we handled them as professionally as any team humanly could.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Duplicate thread,...already posted:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=284236
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

oh Lord here we go again
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

platinum wrote:South Africa's coach says they are not worse than Nigeria or Senegal.

Ayo, as far as your comment goes. We're going to the World Cup, qualified from the toughest group without losing a single game. I'm not sure what you are getting at. Can we be better? Sure, and we will be but these a re qualifiers and we handled them as professionally as any team humanly could.
Platinum, why are you acting like you dont know Ayo's MO from like forever?
The dude thrives on controversy... No way you are winning this argument with logic.
Just let it go.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

He is at least partly right in my opinion. S Africa is better than Senegal. And the jury is out as to whether they are better than Nigeria. Let's see what the return leg of the ANC Qualifiers brings
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

YUJAM wrote:He is at least partly right in my opinion. S Africa is better than Senegal. And the jury is out as to whether they are better than Nigeria. Let's see what the return leg of the ANC Qualifiers brings
S.Africa is the last in their WC qualifying group, yet they are better than the team that won the group out right with 11pts, after 6 matches played??

Humm, Yujam,...are you well??
Last edited by charlie on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

YUJAM wrote:He is at least partly right in my opinion. S Africa is better than Senegal. And the jury is out as to whether they are better than Nigeria. Let's see what the return leg of the ANC Qualifiers brings

Playing pretty football doesn't make you better Yujam. At some point, that prettiness has to translate.

Do you think RSA is better than Zambia who Nigeria handled twice?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

charlie wrote:
S.Africa is the last in their WC qualifying group, yet they are better than the team that won the group out right with 11pts, after 6 matches played??

Na wa for your k-leg logic.
you've got to love how our people reason...
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Bros, abegi count me among the 'dishonest'...
In a game that we had NOTHING to play for, on an atrocious pitch, we still did a professional job.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] I am glad we all saw Senegal and South Africa play before our match. It gave us a basis for comparison
[2] Will anybody here really say we controlled the ball as well as either of the two teams? We only drew this match because Algeria were crap too
[3] It took us about 30 minutes to settle into the game. before then, every ball went to an opponent
[4] Even when we did settle, did we ever string five passes together all game? Just imagine what would have happened had Algeria taken all the chances we gifted them
[5] Did we ever look dangerous on the counter-attack? Take it or leave it but our counter-attacking capability can be summed up in two words - Victor Moses. Without him, we are hopeless in that area
[6] Gernot Rohr's undoing will be his ultra-conservatisim. His refusal to change things that are obviously not working is a recipe for disaster
[7] Who goes into an away tie without an anchorman who can hold the ball up? Did he really expect Nwakaeme and Iheanacho to do the job effectively? Take it or leave it but Nigeria has to start one of the following whenever she takes to the field - Ighalo, Odeye, Kayode, Osinhem or Awoniyi
[8] As per Ezenwa, nothing more needs to be said about him. I dare Rohr to play him in Russia. We will end up conceding more goals than Zaire in 74 and Cameroon in 94 combined
[9] I also hope this match also nails to nonsensical talk that the team "has arrived" and only needs a bit of chemistry. There are a few players out there who have no business anywhere near the Super Eagles. Rohr has got to step up his search for replacements asap and stop pretending he has a team (I will not mention their names so as not to embarrass their families)
[10] On the positive side, I think the back four did well by and large. Ndidi was also great in front of them but the fact remains that he offers very little offensively. This makes the search for creative and offensive midfielders a top priority.

Jeez Ayo. Qualification already in the bag for SE. 5 starters missing. No games lost in qual. Give the boys some credit. Comparison to Senegal/SA game just illogical.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Comic relief on CE tonight...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Puhlease!
Nigeria will wallop their sorry behinds in the return leg in JoBurg.
I have absolutely no doubt about that. None whatsoever!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

:agree:
Gotti wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Bros, abegi count me among the 'dishonest'...
In a game that we had NOTHING to play for, on an atrocious pitch, we still did a professional job.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I blame the mods for allowing thrash like this fester and breed on CE, I mean its one thing to have an opinion albeit dumb in most cases, but the repetition of the stale illogical rubbish is beginning to rise to a point of irritation.
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Damn! Can Ayo please give these players some due credit for the sake of all that is holy? Please go and pick up South African or Senegalese passport and give us some peace here. Damn!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

What is the main positive I took from today’s game? Henry Onyekuru! He reminds me of Gari Master Uche!
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

It doesn't matter who thinks who is better than who. The results are there for all to see.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

The beauty of sports. You get to EARN it!

36 games unbeaten in WCQ... and SA is better than us?

Take a look at our group before we made them look ordinary. SA beats us without 5 abi 6 of our regulars in AFCON qualifiers and they are better than us?

You are not better than anyone when you can't make it out of a shitttttty group.

They probably didn't qualify because they were still celebrating beating Naijaria after a Century of domination by Naijaria at ALL levels of footie. Had they not won, maybe they would have taken the WCQ more seriously...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Cellular wrote:

Take a look at our group before we made them look ordinary. SA beats us without 5 abi 6 of our regulars in AFCON qualifiers and they are better than us?

You are not better than anyone when you can't make it out of a shitttttty group.

They probably didn't qualify because they were still celebrating beating Naijaria after a Century of domination by Naijaria at ALL levels of footie. Had they not won, maybe they would have taken the WCQ more seriously...

Exactly. Like I said, I don't think they're a better side than Zambia. South Africa get flash, little substance
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Did y'all watch the game today? S Africa were just unfortunate
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

charlie wrote:

Humm, Yujam,...are you well??

Some people are beyond redemption less said. SA better than the winner of their group and they are at the bottom of the dame group. Please did they start from zero point together or they gave Senegal 3 points ahead?
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

platinum wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Exactly. Like I said, I don't think they're a better side than Zambia. South Africa get flash, little substance

Seriously i want to agree with you. I think they were carried away by that victory thinking they have arrived.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.