Only the dishonest will say we are better than Senegal or SA

[1] I am glad we all saw Senegal and South Africa play before our match. It gave us a basis for comparison
[2] Will anybody here really say we controlled the ball as well as either of the two teams? We only drew this match because Algeria were crap too
[3] It took us about 30 minutes to settle into the game. before then, every ball went to an opponent
[4] Even when we did settle, did we ever string five passes together all game? Just imagine what would have happened had Algeria taken all the chances we gifted them
[5] Did we ever look dangerous on the counter-attack? Take it or leave it but our counter-attacking capability can be summed up in two words - Victor Moses. Without him, we are hopeless in that area
[6] Gernot Rohr's undoing will be his ultra-conservatisim. His refusal to change things that are obviously not working is a recipe for disaster
[7] Who goes into an away tie without an anchorman who can hold the ball up? Did he really expect Nwakaeme and Iheanacho to do the job effectively? Take it or leave it but Nigeria has to start one of the following whenever she takes to the field - Ighalo, Odeye, Kayode, Osinhem or Awoniyi
[8] As per Ezenwa, nothing more needs to be said about him. I dare Rohr to play him in Russia. We will end up conceding more goals than Zaire in 74 and Cameroon in 94 combined
[9] I also hope this match also nails to nonsensical talk that the team "has arrived" and only needs a bit of chemistry. There are a few players out there who have no business anywhere near the Super Eagles. Rohr has got to step up his search for replacements asap and stop pretending he has a team (I will not mention their names so as not to embarrass their families)
[10] On the positive side, I think the back four did well by and large. Ndidi was also great in front of them but the fact remains that he offers very little offensively. This makes the search for creative and offensive midfielders a top priority.
Re: Only the dishonest will say we are better than Senegal o

South Africa's coach says they are not worse than Nigeria or Senegal.

Ayo, as far as your comment goes. We're going to the World Cup, qualified from the toughest group without losing a single game. I'm not sure what you are getting at. Can we be better? Sure, and we will be but these a re qualifiers and we handled them as professionally as any team humanly could.

Duplicate thread,...already posted:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=284236

oh Lord here we go again

platinum wrote:South Africa's coach says they are not worse than Nigeria or Senegal.

Ayo, as far as your comment goes. We're going to the World Cup, qualified from the toughest group without losing a single game. I'm not sure what you are getting at. Can we be better? Sure, and we will be but these a re qualifiers and we handled them as professionally as any team humanly could.
Platinum, why are you acting like you dont know Ayo's MO from like forever?
The dude thrives on controversy... No way you are winning this argument with logic.
Just let it go.

He is at least partly right in my opinion. S Africa is better than Senegal. And the jury is out as to whether they are better than Nigeria. Let's see what the return leg of the ANC Qualifiers brings

YUJAM wrote:He is at least partly right in my opinion. S Africa is better than Senegal. And the jury is out as to whether they are better than Nigeria. Let's see what the return leg of the ANC Qualifiers brings
S.Africa is the last in their WC qualifying group, yet they are better than the team that won the group out right with 11pts, after 6 matches played??

Humm, Yujam,...are you well??
Last edited by charlie on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YUJAM wrote:He is at least partly right in my opinion. S Africa is better than Senegal. And the jury is out as to whether they are better than Nigeria. Let's see what the return leg of the ANC Qualifiers brings

Playing pretty football doesn't make you better Yujam. At some point, that prettiness has to translate.

Do you think RSA is better than Zambia who Nigeria handled twice?

charlie wrote:
S.Africa is the last in their WC qualifying group, yet they are better than the team that won the group out right with 11pts, after 6 matches played??

Na wa for your k-leg logic.
you've got to love how our people reason...

Bros, abegi count me among the 'dishonest'...
In a game that we had NOTHING to play for, on an atrocious pitch, we still did a professional job.

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] I am glad we all saw Senegal and South Africa play before our match. It gave us a basis for comparison
[2] Will anybody here really say we controlled the ball as well as either of the two teams? We only drew this match because Algeria were crap too
[3] It took us about 30 minutes to settle into the game. before then, every ball went to an opponent
[4] Even when we did settle, did we ever string five passes together all game? Just imagine what would have happened had Algeria taken all the chances we gifted them
[5] Did we ever look dangerous on the counter-attack? Take it or leave it but our counter-attacking capability can be summed up in two words - Victor Moses. Without him, we are hopeless in that area
[6] Gernot Rohr's undoing will be his ultra-conservatisim. His refusal to change things that are obviously not working is a recipe for disaster
[7] Who goes into an away tie without an anchorman who can hold the ball up? Did he really expect Nwakaeme and Iheanacho to do the job effectively? Take it or leave it but Nigeria has to start one of the following whenever she takes to the field - Ighalo, Odeye, Kayode, Osinhem or Awoniyi
[8] As per Ezenwa, nothing more needs to be said about him. I dare Rohr to play him in Russia. We will end up conceding more goals than Zaire in 74 and Cameroon in 94 combined
[9] I also hope this match also nails to nonsensical talk that the team "has arrived" and only needs a bit of chemistry. There are a few players out there who have no business anywhere near the Super Eagles. Rohr has got to step up his search for replacements asap and stop pretending he has a team (I will not mention their names so as not to embarrass their families)
[10] On the positive side, I think the back four did well by and large. Ndidi was also great in front of them but the fact remains that he offers very little offensively. This makes the search for creative and offensive midfielders a top priority.

Jeez Ayo. Qualification already in the bag for SE. 5 starters missing. No games lost in qual. Give the boys some credit. Comparison to Senegal/SA game just illogical.

Comic relief on CE tonight...

Puhlease!
Nigeria will wallop their sorry behinds in the return leg in JoBurg.
I have absolutely no doubt about that. None whatsoever!

:agree:
Gotti wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Bros, abegi count me among the 'dishonest'...
In a game that we had NOTHING to play for, on an atrocious pitch, we still did a professional job.

I blame the mods for allowing thrash like this fester and breed on CE, I mean its one thing to have an opinion albeit dumb in most cases, but the repetition of the stale illogical rubbish is beginning to rise to a point of irritation.
doctorollie

Post by doctorollie »

Damn! Can Ayo please give these players some due credit for the sake of all that is holy? Please go and pick up South African or Senegalese passport and give us some peace here. Damn!

What is the main positive I took from today’s game? Henry Onyekuru! He reminds me of Gari Master Uche!

It doesn't matter who thinks who is better than who. The results are there for all to see.

The beauty of sports. You get to EARN it!

36 games unbeaten in WCQ... and SA is better than us?

Take a look at our group before we made them look ordinary. SA beats us without 5 abi 6 of our regulars in AFCON qualifiers and they are better than us?

You are not better than anyone when you can't make it out of a shitttttty group.

They probably didn't qualify because they were still celebrating beating Naijaria after a Century of domination by Naijaria at ALL levels of footie. Had they not won, maybe they would have taken the WCQ more seriously...

Take a look at our group before we made them look ordinary. SA beats us without 5 abi 6 of our regulars in AFCON qualifiers and they are better than us?

You are not better than anyone when you can't make it out of a shitttttty group.

They probably didn't qualify because they were still celebrating beating Naijaria after a Century of domination by Naijaria at ALL levels of footie. Had they not won, maybe they would have taken the WCQ more seriously...

Exactly. Like I said, I don't think they're a better side than Zambia. South Africa get flash, little substance

Did y'all watch the game today? S Africa were just unfortunate
tunde72

Post by tunde72 »

charlie wrote:

Humm, Yujam,...are you well??

Some people are beyond redemption less said. SA better than the winner of their group and they are at the bottom of the dame group. Please did they start from zero point together or they gave Senegal 3 points ahead?
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
tunde72

Post by tunde72 »

Exactly. Like I said, I don't think they're a better side than Zambia. South Africa get flash, little substance

Seriously i want to agree with you. I think they were carried away by that victory thinking they have arrived.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.