The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by kajifu »

How this set of guys did not win in Europe is shocking.We should have won CL when likes of Porto won it that year and Monaco make the finals
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

azuka wrote:
I watched ManC away to Napoli - KDB was subbed late & was tired - on sunday he logged more km than most of our team - it's a serious problem - The way he went for the 1st goal was putting a marker on the pitch - not Ozil or any of our guys played like they wanted it enough. I've seen Ozil play with hustle & hunger for Germany.
And i guess as usual the bold part is Ozil's fault too.[/quote]

As a Ozil fan, the last thing you should be doing is defend his way below par showings - he's that dude who more than once has talked about winning
the Ballon d'Or - he's looking for elite pay packet - with that comes leadership responsibilities - the "Bold" sections should be water off the Duck's back -
he should make the discussion about his mindblowing efforts not the reverse.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

tolahs wrote:
azuka wrote:
I watched ManC away to Napoli - KDB was subbed late & was tired - on sunday he logged more km than most of our team - it's a serious problem - The way he went for the 1st goal was putting a marker on the pitch - not Ozil or any of our guys played like they wanted it enough. I've seen Ozil play with hustle & hunger for Germany.
And i guess as usual the bold part is Ozil's fault too.
As a Ozil fan, the last thing you should be doing is defend his way below par showings - he's that dude who more than once has talked about winning
the Ballon d'Or - he's looking for elite pay packet - with that comes leadership responsibilities - the "Bold" sections should be water off the Duck's back -
he should make the discussion about his mindblowing efforts not the reverse.[/quote]

Once again you got it all wrong. Can Ozil do better for us, definitely YES. Has been below par in some games, definitely YES. Do i expect more from him YES I do, but then i also realize the basic fact he is being played out of position and don't necessarily have accompanying ingredients the like of which KDB have at City. But given all these he still tops in chances created. Just imagine if have the chances he has created since joining Arsenal have been converted Arsenal would have won the league every season he has joined. But no your "know-all" English pundits wont consider all these rather they gang up to hound him out of Arsenal. Arsenal problem does not start or end with Ozil. And that's my point.

By the way did you notice how scant these pundits comment on Arsenal match against City was? And you know why, it is because the result did not play to their written script. Did you hear any of them call out the referee for those ridiculous calls he made? Of course not. All our own MK has to say on the match was calling for Jack to be recalled to the starting lineup and questioning why Laca wasn't started. But imagine if City had won by 3 legitimate goals to our 1 goal, they would have been out in their thousands telling us how they got it right. How Ozil was the cause of all the goals. How this and that happened. And these are the people some of us die-hard gooners quote everytime.
That exactly is what pisses me off.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

azuka wrote:
tolahs wrote:
azuka wrote:
Once again you got it all wrong. Can Ozil do better for us, definitely YES. Has been below par in some games, definitely YES. Do i expect more from him YES I do, but then i also realize the basic fact he is being played out of position and don't necessarily have accompanying ingredients the like of which KDB have at City. But given all these he still tops in chances created. Just imagine if have the chances he has created since joining Arsenal have been converted Arsenal would have won the league every season he has joined. But no your "know-all" English pundits wont consider all these rather they gang up to hound him out of Arsenal. Arsenal problem does not start or end with Ozil. And that's my point.

By the way did you notice how scant these pundits comment on Arsenal match against City was? And you know why, it is because the result did not play to their written script. Did you hear any of them call out the referee for those ridiculous calls he made? Of course not. All our own MK has to say on the match was calling for Jack to be recalled to the starting lineup and questioning why Laca wasn't started. But imagine if City had won by 3 legitimate goals to our 1 goal, they would have been out in their thousands telling us how they got it right. How Ozil was the cause of all the goals. How this and that happened. And these are the people some of us die-hard gooners quote everytime.
That exactly is what pisses me off.[/quote]
A lot of people have call out the poor officiating,i blame the lines man not the ref for t heir third goal.
Also as for Ozil he has check out long time not doing good enough and not totally his fault.The blame of Arsenal is on Wenger,he is not a good coach any more,he set the team for failure and why people keep surprising is shocking.You can blame Ozil all you want or any player,Wenger is our problem.If you like give Arsenal KUN,KDB,Sterling the team will still fall short.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

azuka wrote:
tolahs wrote:
azuka wrote:

That exactly is what pisses me off.[/quote]

Golly, i've been a fan of Ozil since b4 Real Madrid - i can't defend his performances - same way German fans are feeling some kind of way Please don't
compare him to KDB - common now.
On positions - i saw Ozil play wide left at the WC for his country besides one's ability to score goals when open cannot be influenced by where you line
up. I believe he is a "confidence player" - if he's feeling it - he goes hard but those games are becoming too rare. Sometimes you've gotta come out and takeover just like Hazard did over the weekend for Chelsea - they lacked confidence - he came out & dragged the team along.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I miss our old ground.Still remember this game like yesterday.Why are the emirate faithful not doing coloring like highbury?

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

kajifu wrote:
If Henry buries that chance at 4:10 we go 2-0 up and likely win the champions league.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Nkume wrote:
kajifu wrote:
If Henry buries that chance at 4:10 we go 2-0 up and likely win the champions league.
Kai! we should have won that game.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Nkume wrote:
kajifu wrote:
AW doesn't get the right backups - year B4 we won the FA beating ManU on Pens w/o Titi - we'd to play Bergy as line leading striker - not his game.
In this CL - we in the chase for a CL spot had serious fixtures congestion & it affected Titi
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

Shoulda Coulda... We've done well to create more history with recent FA Cup wins. We are currently slipping away from dancing with the big dogs like we used to. If we continue the way we are it will only get worse. We can't continue to accept this mediocrity which is interpreted as overachieving in the offices upstairs.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Blukyt wrote:Shoulda Coulda... We've done well to create more history with recent FA Cup wins. We are currently slipping away from dancing with the big dogs like we used to. If we continue the way we are it will only get worse. We can't continue to accept this mediocrity which is interpreted as overachieving in the offices upstairs.
Is OK, Wenger will soon leave. :taunt:

But until then, I dey 120% behind the BOSS!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ojafranpa wrote:
Nkume wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Kai! we should have won that game.
Wenger mess up take Pires out of that game and Henry is a big disgrace,reason why he will never be consider one of the world top 5 CF.I will take Eto'o at his peak pover Henry.This is the game you carry your team yet he miss chances left and right.He should have been fine along with Wenger.I cry that day as i knew moving to emirate we will never get another chance.That was Barca first final since 94 but look how far they have turn since 2006 yet we are not on same level with them.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Nkume wrote:
Blukyt wrote:Shoulda Coulda... We've done well to create more history with recent FA Cup wins. We are currently slipping away from dancing with the big dogs like we used to. If we continue the way we are it will only get worse. We can't continue to accept this mediocrity which is interpreted as overachieving in the offices upstairs.
Is OK, Wenger will soon leave. :taunt:

But until then, I dey 120% behind the BOSS!
Short and simple! :clap: :clap: :clap:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Search …
WHY I WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT WENGER
Nov 8, 2017 | Football

Johan Djourou
When I was 15-years old, Arsenal gave me the opportunity to trial with their pros. For a week, I trained with the club’s first team and also participated in a friendly game (it was Robert Pires first game back after a long convalescence). After the game, Arsène Wenger spoke to me. He told me that he believed that I could have a big career in England. For an unexperienced kid still playing for a small Swiss club, hearing those words from a legendary Boss like him was just an unbelievable feeling.
I love the memories of my first official game with the professional squad. I was just 17 when I put the kit on for the first time. I felt nervous, so Wenger came up to me and said: “Jo, I know it’s your first game, but you have to keep calm. When you come out of the tunnel, I want you to play the same way you would be playing in a park in Geneva.” In my head, I was thinking that it certainly couldn’t be that easy, but it took a lot of pressure off me.
From that moment on, I had the upmost respect for Wenger. He had kept his promises by giving me a chance to play with the first team only a few years after recruiting me. I will forever be thankful for what he did for me and my football career.
I have always loved just how human he is. Even though it’s not always easy to work with all the players as a professional football coach, Wenger always tries. When taking difficult decisions, he’s very tactful when communicating them to the players. His personality really makes it enjoyable and a desire for players to play for him.
Wenger is also great at analyzing things. In recent years, the relationship coaches have with their players has evolved. In modern football, coaches with a dominant personality have a difficult job. Today, players often bring into question what they are told to do. Wenger completely understands this mentality, and he’s always open for discussion; and doesn’t have a thickheaded personality like many believe.
In recent months, it has saddened me to hear people were questioning him. It seems to me, nowadays, you can win as many times as you want, but people will only remember your losses.
Fans, pundits and other players can say whatever they want, but nobody can deny that Wenger has brought in a philosophy and culture that created a lot of success for Arsenal. He has also brought a stability that only a few football clubs have.
Of course, Arsène has been in place for a very long time. I can understand that the only thing fans want are titles, and that Arsenal hasn’t won the championship for quite some time now (they still won the cup in 2015 and 2017). There will be a time when he will have to go. But nobody should take away the great things he has achieved for Arsenal. I will always love those years playing for the Boss in North London.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

How Guardiola's Manchester City totally outclassed Wenger's Arsenal: Tactical Analysis

[/video]
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Can't wait for the next run of games, starting with Spuds.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Stop paying attention to lunatics! Bellamy cannot clean Ozil's boots.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nkume wrote:
Ahhh don’t pay attention to the point raised which is pretty accurate and obvious ... just attack the source .. ok gotcha. So it’s no longer Arsenal that the parasite is useless and anonymous for :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Nkume wrote:

Not even Bigpokey is this obsessed with a player.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nabil Fekir for 60 mill? What the hell are they smoking at the Emirates? :curse: This better be an agent driven rumor :curse:

MLK.